Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"The Wedding Planner" - Flower Farm Event

Comments

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

4270 corn is too much.  This will require 178 harvests from level 5 corn fields with 2 corn handbook upgrades.  It will take 3 hours of nonstop harvesting and planting on 5 level 5 fields to finish.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

4270 corn is too much.  This will require 178 harvests from level 5 corn fields with 2 corn handbook upgrades.  It will take 3 hours of nonstop harvesting and planting on 5 level 5 fields to finish.  
    It could be knocked out much faster using special corn seeds and seaweed.  And I imagine a lot of people did just that to finish the chapter.  I had stopped doing the event, but was surprised when I got the pop-up saying I had completed this chapter.  (Just doing my regular farming and using regular corn seed -- so it can be done, but not in a timely manner.) Still, I agree, way too much is asked of just about everything as everyone has pointed out.
  • WOW - how about that wedding.  Is this a webisode of BRIDEZILLA or what?

Generally with these things on a farm my size (rather large if I do say so myself) Level 6 is doable with the ridiculous amount of hours I play, & Level 7 is very difficult (if not impossible with horrible drop rates and straight up 3 days of feed making #Camp event)

Wedding is proving to be impossible at level 3.  I mean really folks, I looked ahead at Level 7.
    ~TASK #4 you want me to complete MOVIE EXPERIENCE L5 all by myself + collect 2 days worth of almonds (if you have 5 L9 Almond orchards)
    ~TASK #5  I donate a full cash barn of Muffins and then donate another full 24 hour day of muffin makin' + collect 13 days worth of invitations so I can finally move on to...
    ~TASK #6....collect 35 days worth of invitations.

Did someone forget that they had a 25X Fireworks multiplier going on the Temp farm during this event (not to mention an ample supply of free gold)

RECALCULATE!
     #5 is NOT alive!
  • GoodGame Studios......you get what you give
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Im still on frickin pearl task and 8hours left....

• I am a level 300 with an advanced GF with six orchards, 4 honey, 3 meadow plus 3 fertile meadows

I play daily hours on end

no chance to finish this event,  I only have half the doves and will not use gold

have to wonder if the event is properly working half the time I did not get any doves

it's just a game

• Been playing daily for 4 years, have a level 366 farm, and I can't finish a level 3 difficulty level on this event.  What does that tell you, GGS?
  • UGH, This event just showed up for me this morning, no way I'll even get close~!
    Judging by some of the posts, people had more than 3 days to complete this.

When the event finally popped up for me I had 3 days to do it in, I've got to step 5 and need another 800 invitations, at the moment, before I can move onto step 6.  17 hours to go... it's clearly not happening.

Crap drop rates and unrealistic numbers of items to be collected == fail!
    I only had 3 days as well.  Perhaps it was hidden behind exclamation points for a day or two?
    @SandiOne (US1) @archerbob (AU1) @DxrxbillingGame (US1) The event started at 14:00 CET on the 10th & ends at the same time on the 16th, so it was 6 days long. However if it is only available from level 62, so if you reached that level during the event, that could explain why it might show up late. Other than that it may be, as others have suggested, that it was just not visible enough among other events or it was missed because we are just not used to looking for themed events that only appear on the Flower farm, as some people missed the start of the Food Truck on the Gourmet farm for the same reason.

Here is the schedule for the next 3 to watch out for this month - All times are CET, with the 1st one being tonight at midnight:

Food Truck - 16th 23:59 - 22nd 23:59
    Wedding Planner - 23rd 14:00 - 29th 13:59
    Food Truck - 30th 14:00 - Feb 5th 13:59

@ Everyone - Thankyou very much for all your feedback on this event, which has all been passed on. The other commmunities have all given similar feedback, that even high level players are saying this is not possible to complete & we will be pushing hard for changes before it comes back again on the 23rd.
  • Seems like the year 2018 may be the year for Bugs, does anything work in the game, HWE Gold Fish and Candy farm and now the wedding event. its very frustrating to click collect and send stuff somewhere only to have it go no where, is everybody still on holiday. com on big Farm you take our time you take our Money time to give back something besides a few bag of fertiliser
    And please explain how I am suppose to compete with any Lvl 500 in anything.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    FYI

I didn't play this event (as I couldn't finish the Foodtruck in time I didn't even start the Wedding Planner), but on the Dutch thread many players are also disappointed for the same reasons as mentioned here above; reporting they believe these events can't be done without playing 24/7 and using gold.
  • I would love to know if anyone did finish this event without lots of gold use.
    I have a level 245 farm and play for long hours. and did not finish
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246

Here is the schedule for the next 3 to watch out for this month - All times are CET, with the 1st one being tonight at midnight:

Food Truck - 16th 23:59 - 22nd 23:59
    Wedding Planner - 23rd 14:00 - 29th 13:59
    Food Truck - 30th 14:00 - Feb 5th 13:59

@ Everyone - Thankyou very much for all your feedback on this event, which has all been passed on. The other commmunities have all given similar feedback, that even high level players are saying this is not possible to complete & we will be pushing hard for changes before it comes back again on the 23rd.
    Dearest Wascally,

Tell your bosses that they shouldn't bother letting the Wedding Event return in 7 days...forget about it, are they completely out of their mind?

This game has become a big joke, and the trust from the community you have earlier earned, is either long gone, or heavily decreased.
    This time even the big, big accounts are complaining...don't you think you have 'milked the cow dry' by now...? - Personally, I think you're as close as can be.

What needs to be done, is that the new owners, who took over the company in the beginning of this year - assure us that they are recognizing the problems this game has suffered for the last 5-6 months. 
    I don't know if the original owners of BF pumped the 'gold value' when they started to sell out. As I see it, the new owners has bought a sinking ship, I wonder what they paied and on which documentation/budget... .

Only good thing around here, are nice Mods - we all know you do what you can and also know you can't write all you (oughta) think. I'm glad I don't have your job these days ;-)

• shantam (IN1)shantam (IN1) Posts: 111
    edited 16.01.2018
    This time we played difficulty level 3 and most of players not able to complete that high level players also. Drop rate are too small and collect amount is too big. Please REBALANCE this.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Seems like the year 2018 may be the year for Bugs, does anything work in the game, HWE Gold Fish and Candy farm and now the wedding event. its very frustrating to click collect and send stuff somewhere only to have it go no where, is everybody still on holiday. com on big Farm you take our time you take our Money time to give back something besides a few bag of fertiliser
    And please explain how I am suppose to compete with any Lvl 500 in anything.
    I so agree. It feels like all they do is add more stuff and the heck with anything working right.

I have played for years and we have always had a bug here and there from time to time but the last 4 month it has been everything.

I really feel they concentrate on the wrong things in this game. They work to make new stuff and get it on the game way to fast and without enough testing. They should work on making the game and all the stuff already in it work right and after it has for a months then add something new.  Also anything new should be tested then put in the test game listen to what the test players have to say and make changes then test again. If everything is still working put it back into the test game and run it and make sure everything else will run with it, then and only after it being tested for 4 months or more and all bugs and adjustments are made even think about adding it to the real game

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I am level 224 and a gold player.

I made it to the last task of the wedding event and came up short by almost 2000 birds.  Now to get to getting half the last task (birds) done I had to use gold on the pearl part. I collected half my pearl then used gold to finish. Was going to use gold to finish the birds as well but decided not to for the principle of not being forced to use gold.

I will not be forced to use gold.   The only way to do this event is with gold. You can not do it any other. 

If I choose to use gold and I do from time to time on the weekly events it is not because the event is unable to be done with out it, it is because I did not take the time.    

Thank you Wabbit for passing along the info and I hope you are successful in getting this event changed. It could be a fun event. But if high level veteran players can not do them on event level 3 no one will bother with them.

I did the food truck as well and I did finish it but I am not sure it is doable at a higher level.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Well said stef7 you have voiced how a lot of us play.  I too use some gold but not when i am forced to. 
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36

Because I am older, disabled , I have lots more time than most. I have pretty good farms for all other events and my Flower Farm is not bad. I finish level 7 deco's events regularly with lots of hours and hard work. Just barely finished the food truck level 3. Missed the Wedding Planner level 3 by about 2.5 hrs. That is with having all donated items immediately, and sea weeding all orchard items immediately. Only drop items to do. Level 4 and up? Laughable at best. This is absolutely ridiculous. Is there anyone with any intelligence left on staff? You try to force more & more gold usage. You do know it will eventually backfire? Big gold users will continue to get further ahead , and less gold users further behind. The big spenders will no longer need to spend as much to win things, the lesser will quit using gold. Where will that put you?

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I am really disappointed. I thought GGS was going to test everything before putting it on the live servers.  Two deco events that are impossible to complete without a huge amount of resources and gold, and already another broken event - the old HWE which has been nerfed and also did not work for many.  Just more empty promises. Normally when someone apologizes they try their hardest not to make the same mistakes. 

I never really cared for the HWE to begin with and simple started it, planted a few corn and then it was on it's own after that; if I hit on something and triggered the timer great - a few extra prizes.  In my opinion the prizes were not worth the effort and now that it has been "rebalanced" it is definitely not worth it. 

The two new deco events are equivalent to the highest level of the main farm deco events. Also, if the Wedding event is a Flower farm event then why is it asking for gourmet farm items? 
  • Didn't get it
    They wanted almost 3,000 gold and it wasn't even the big decoration
    : (
    Now the hard worker event iS broken again and I wasted 2 fields of JASMINE
  • momrulz (US1)momrulz (US1) Posts: 162
    edited 16.01.2018
    yes, this one (wedding planner) was a bust
    i know the developers said it was introduced for "high level players"
    but what do you mean by that? i must be level 300 , have a fully built out flower farm, to even come close?
    i even built 2 new apiaries, building levels don't make a difference in drop rates....my new level 1 apes drop the same 7 as my old higher level ones.....

I was assigned "difficulty level 3"  and barely made it through the invitations

i know it's a little late for Christmas but sending you guys some new calculators, enjoy
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    I don't think there is going to be a wedding anytime soon. The expectations are unrealistic. I am level 175 with decent sized farms and did not finish. 

• Everyone sees what GGS is up to.

And it does not bode well for Big Farm.
    Huge gold spenders are weary too. Instead of spending hundreds of $.....they are spending less and less.

No point in them wasting their hard earned REAL LIFE money...and they are competing with people that.....well, quite frankly, have lost interest in Big Farm.

Vicious circle.

I believe the game developers have run out of ideas.
    That's why unfinished and broken and badly "BALANCED" events are being thrown at players all the time.

GGS has become a desperate bussiness.
    Gold Grab Studios is more applicable.

......Now....I warn Moderators or anyone that flags or deletes this post.....ive spoken the truth......

Flag...delete...whatever....it will come back to haunt you.
    Leave alone and your conscience is clear.

That's all
    Thank you
    WU

• LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    This is my feedback on the event:

1.  Step 4 is unrelated to my FF all together.  It asked for Almonds & Corn.  Seemed somewhat odd, but okay.

2.  I don't have a problem with the tasks that require goods to be donated.  I normally keep my barns at 100% so I had plenty of those to donate.  This helped me feel slightly better about the 'collecting drop' tasks.

3.  That leaves the drop rates.  I was only able to reach Step 5, had about 500 invitations left to go.  I was able to complete Task 2 a bit over 1/2 through the event.

We started on Level 3, I normrally do Lvl 5 (or 6) for the MF event.  I was able to complete the GF event with about 1 day to spare on Lvl 3.  (That is about what I'd expect since my GF is barely built out at all.)  In terms of tuning for Lvl 3, I felt super inadequate and that's really related to how large the meadows and other production buildings are.  It's very difficult to get a high drop rate.  I have a 8 Distillery, 7 Shop, 5 Mixing Plant, and maxxed Mermaid Bay.  Those would be the equivilent buildings to Mills, Silos, and Composters on the other two farms which drop a fairly large amount of drops.

I would recommend halving the drops for Lvl 3 and then adjusting them up accordingly for Lvl 4, 5, 6, and 7 of the event.  Since we aren't able to view the Lvl 1 or 2 versions, I have no idea how a smaller farm than mine would even complete it.
  • a few of my coop-mates ( below level 80 or so) told me they were assigned "difficulty level 2"

of course, none of them finished either

But don't think "everyone" starts out with difficulty 3
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    For the first time, I skipped the theme event. I didn't forced to, but I'll take a risk to play this event at lower level to see how many days I can spare if they DIDN'T WANT TO FIXED IT (I'm at level 127 with minimum farm facility for FF).
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    @WascallyWabbit i hope you tell the devs - no more donations of expensive inventory as well - we need to be fairly compensated for these items -- farm $$ of at least equal value is the easiest way 

I had less than 2k doves to get and the "oops you missed it pay 9k+ gold and get this little deco"  - the deco should be given to all who made it to the dove stage - probably to all those that just got all the pearls let alone all the rest as compensation for just being used and abused once again.

GGS already knows our flower farms were not designed to be built for an event to be the same kind of playing style as the main farm - yet they plowed forward anyway with $$ twinkling in their eyes and hope of forcing a specific type of game play rather than letting players choose their own strategies of how to play.

The ability to develop this farm to be similar to the main farm can't be done without without major and significant changes on the part of GGs and players. For many players the gourmet farm will also need to be "re-built" to be optimized to play the food truck and presumably other "GF" events which are needed and welcomed if they are properly designed, implemented and tested before release. 

I foresee long term players with who have very developed GF & FF farms are not going to be willing to rip out what they have to rebuild due to already invested time, effort and $$  - could be wrong here

These were very highly anticipated but poorly designed and implemented which are run in conjunction with multiple other highly competitive but conflicting events that also often involve both teamwork and peer pressure to "complete"

Make these new "events" side missions to do your "testing" with us as guinea pigs if you are so unwilling to properly design, implement and betatest new content

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 17.01.2018
    One huge mistake companies make when trying to increase revenue is to focus solely on heavy buyers and entice them to spend more and more.  Pretty soon, they will burn them out and bleed them dry.  It's pretty obvious that the Wedding Planner was designed to get players to spend, spend, spend.

Equal, if not more, attention should be paid to non buyers to entice them to become buyers.  They should be asking themselves why non-gold buyers aren't buying.  The obvious first step is to put in much-needed mechanisms for protecting that gold from being accidentally spent. Confident that gold won't be lost or stolen would go a long way in converting some people.

Any solid game business model is based on the fact that a percentage will become gold buyers if:

1-The game is fun and enjoyable at all levels.
    2-The game is relatively bug free and unlikely to break down.
    3-Reliable, polite, and attentive customer service is available for prompt resolution.
    4-New developments are based on customer wishes and feedback.
    5-Customers feel that they are respected.
    6-Customers have faith in the company and the product, and feel they will get good value for their money.

Events like the Wedding Planner will not create the desired cash revenue for all the reasons others have posted here..  Focusing on how one does business, how they treat their customers, and offering a quality product and a solid game experience that  players have faith in could be the answer.

Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Please make all event items require 200 or less or massively increase the drop rates!
    Also check all the other themed events.  I am currently at level 80.  I started seeing them at much earlier levels but they all require too much.  The most tasks I ever completed in an event at difficulty 3 is 3 tasks.  It just takes so long to collect them.  Even playing twice or 3 times a day, 20 minutes a time. 

The first good task I saw was the first task of the wedding planner.  In the wedding planner, task 1 and 3 can be done right away without much cost because barn capacity was not a problem at all and it was easy to restock.  Task 4 will take 3 days to do, but task 2 took 5 days to get the 990 black pearls.  

In the first task of the food truck, the first 2 tasks was easy but costed 129000.  The second task required lots of eggs and barley, the eggs and barley can be done immediately but takes a very long time to restock.  The 3rd task makes no sense.  It requires 2800 spruce wood which occupies my fields for 12 hours to restock, but players not in a coop cant get past this at all.  The worst part is the carrots.  It would take about 2 weeks to collect that many carrots!  

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 17.01.2018
    WascallyWabbit 

I am level 85, the wedding planner event started with 3 days for me not 6.  I play everyday, because well I have no life.  I just noticed the food truck has opened again and of course I cannot set the difficulty so it's on three again which I presume is still impossible to complete.
    Post edited by archerbob (AU1) on
  • Related image

All that money and time for nothing    :/ 

Guess it's better we know now so we don't make the same mistake again !
Sign In to comment.