Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

DSF pool changes?

anyone else experiencing changes to the spawning of pool i think GGS believes we are playing see-saw 

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    anyone else experiencing changes to the spawning of pool i think GGS believes we are playing see-saw 
    No, my appear to be normal. What are you seeing? (or not seeing)?
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 15.01.2018
    No, my appear to be normal. What are you seeing? (or not seeing)?
    a significant increase in S/O/C pool spawning  most still with approximately 100 combo and just tons of lobster pools for days - both since since mid DSF HWE  

2 days with no sword - that is not usual -- first time i have missed getting my daily bonuses

24+ hrs with no tuna/herring 

not sure if my fishing lvl has had anything to do with seeing pools of higher quantities but those  seem to have increased in quantities 

having several boats sitting idle when normally all are pretty much in use but still clearing pools at the regular rate

only good thing i can say is that i have been able to clear a few market orders that have been sitting for weeks with 1k+ of shrimp or near values of oyster/clam - however that is still a pain at 30 per boat

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I've currently got 1 S/O/C pool, 3 Tuna/Herring pools, 1 Lobster pool and 1 Swordfish pool. Sounds like you've just had some bad spawns the last couple days. :)
    well as soon as i posted got a small tuna pool  -

since mid DSF HWE I have had 2-3 S/O/C pools at a time and often 4-5 per day so not really complaining about that at all just the quantities - several times 1 odd pool with 5 lobsters - was worried since it was going on for more than a couple of days and i had never not gotten each daily and lost 2 in a row x2 
    @Southern (US1) well it is either "ask and ye shall receive" or "be careful what you wish for" tonight all 6 pools tuna/herring - go figure
  • It would be nice to get at least one of each pool a day.  Have gone days with lobster and tuna only.  Why bother with daily tasks when all you can get is tuna?  And, all contracts require shellfish, but no pools to be found.
    other members of my team are also reporting they are seeing (maybe not so) subtle differences as well

• bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    YEA 5 POOLS OF LOBSTER AGAIN
    Is McGGS in schadenfreude mode again
    Schadenfreude pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.
    "a business that thrives on Schadenfreude"
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 18.01.2018
    I am getting twice as many lobster pools, right edge swordfish pools and upper right corner herring pools.  I never fish in these pools, they take too long and too much risk for losing fish.  

The pools need an algorithm that makes sure that it is possible to catch any type of fish at any time to restock a specific type of fish or to do the fishing hard worker event.  

The market needs to stop putting clams, shrimp, and oysters at such a high priority.  They need to look at what is in stock then decide what to ask for.  
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    We need more shellfish.  I can only fill one or two contracts a week, I can go days without a shellfish pool, and often when I do get them they only have about 35 of each in the pool.  All of my contracts are waiting on shrimp.  Days of sending out boats with no reward.  Makes progress very slow, and also means that profits are marginal, because at the moment I am barely recouping what it costs me to clear the pools each day.
    We need more shellfish.  I can only fill one or two contracts a week, I can go days without a shellfish pool, and often when I do get them they only have about 35 of each in the pool.  All of my contracts are waiting on shrimp.  Days of sending out boats with no reward.  Makes progress very slow, and also means that profits are marginal, because at the moment I am barely recouping what it costs me to clear the pools each day.
    Not enough shellfish in pools is not causing the problem, the contracts are asking for too many shellfish and too little of lobsters, cod, salmon, and swordfish.  
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    lobsters are the biggest let down of all, very frequent pools but no contracts ever ask for lobsters, only lobster chum (tho the best for fxp if you want that) - and chum isnt the way to make money off the dockyard

and the price was totally nerfed so direct sales of lobsters are nothing special either, tho a pretty penny can be made via that route over time, but they should be in contracts as well imo
  • Today I have 6 pools of lobster, no lobster requests in my market, only swordfish, tuna, clams and oysters.  I went without any swordfish pools for 48 hours, only tuna and herring and lobster.  I constantly need clams, but that is the lowest number in the pools that have them and I only get those pools about every 3-4 days.
    lobsters are the biggest let down of all, very frequent pools but no contracts ever ask for lobsters, only lobster chum (tho the best for fxp if you want that) - and chum isnt the way to make money off the dockyard

and the price was totally nerfed so direct sales of lobsters are nothing special either, tho a pretty penny can be made via that route over time, but they should be in contracts as well imo
    I get lobsters in contracts that have multiple items usually if it's got 6 items in a single order but it is still not often  - got my first request for some lobster chum that i have had in months for 14  so that is not difficult

20k lobsters = $50 mil so i do like them but think they should show up more in contracts

I still says someone is playing with the numbers and spawning  had another day with no ability to complete the daily tasks due to no pools being spawned

have  2 contracts with over 1k shrimp  in one it is the only item and the other it is a mix of 3 items  extremely poor pay out as it is mostly junk gifts not cash

additionally the junk-only contracts have been back quite a bit - no cash at all - current one is for 564 clams  single item for that i get a whole FUKU token and 1 rose seed sheesh..... the token says it all...
  • Chaotic (US1)Chaotic (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    Not only have they played with fish numbers, they have changed times... Also the prices paid on crops. the length of time to harvest (ie the small duck coops) and numerous other 'little' things they've snuck in without a word... watch your dollars carefully, and you will spot the differences. Did they think nobody would notice, if they were sneaky enough? Or just assume that throwing a gold sale on would appease the masses?
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I think GGS 'pleasing-mission' with cheaper gold is failing...or at least I hope it is...
    all players needs to remember, that this game has gone straight south, since they introduced DSF, and had to remake the whole thing.
    I agree that they have sneaked in little changes without notice - and that stuff cost more now, than just a few months ago....
    Still I keep thinking, they have sold BF on false bookkeeping/budgetting and now they are trying to even out - increasing costs, decreasing income and put so many GOLDHEAVY events in as possible...
    I can tell that I use less than 1/4 gold of what I used to do. My bank is happy, Im happy..GGS, obv. not so much.- right back at ya GGS...didn't you see that comming at all - I know for sure, that I'm not the only one?
    Another Question: Howcome all players needs to come here, when bugs occur...WHY don't you send IGM to all of us.?  Maybe, it's because IF you had the guts to do that...also the quiet players would find out.. I have several examples of players NOT knowing anything.... Awful businessstrategy...

-didah

Not only have they played with fish numbers, they have changed times... Also the prices paid on crops. the length of time to harvest (ie the small duck coops) and numerous other 'little' things they've snuck in without a word... watch your dollars carefully, and you will spot the differences. Did they think nobody would notice, if they were sneaky enough? Or just assume that throwing a gold sale on would appease the masses?
    yeah been noticing all day today some by a lot its not just the small duck coops - don't notice how much things cost farm dollar but my dollars sure have not seemed to go as far ...

I know the organic market has changed quite a bit in prices gone gone gone are the  $7-9 mil contracts and the amounts needed to fill just to get $1 mill are increased significantly I have remarked on that before.

GGS is the most pathetic and smarmy "legit" company i have ever run across in years
    edited 25.01.2018
    I think GGS 'pleasing-mission' with cheaper gold is failing...or at least I hope it is...
    all players needs to remember, that this game has gone straight south, since they introduced DSF, and had to remake the whole thing.
    I agree that they have sneaked in little changes without notice - and that stuff cost more now, than just a few months ago....
    Still I keep thinking, they have sold BF on false bookkeeping/budgetting and now they are trying to even out - increasing costs, decreasing income and put so many GOLDHEAVY events in as possible...
    I can tell that I use less than 1/4 gold of what I used to do. My bank is happy, Im happy..GGS, obv. not so much.- right back at ya GGS...didn't you see that comming at all - I know for sure, that I'm not the only one?
    Another Question: Howcome all players needs to come here, when bugs occur...WHY don't you send IGM to all of us.?  Maybe, it's because IF you had the guts to do that...also the quiet players would find out.. I have several examples of players NOT knowing anything.... Awful businessstrategy...

-didah

this is not a game but a test 

• So today I have contracts for 108 clams, every contract I have needs clams.  No shellfish pools yesterday, one just spawned today, it has 28 clams in it, Wow, I am so impressed.
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    I have over a thousand of each fish except for oyster, shrimp and clams because they are sporadic in nature.
    I have over a thousand of each fish except for oyster, shrimp and clams because they are sporadic in nature.
    are you saying per pool or per market or or what you have in inventory?
    edited 27.01.2018
    Why does 90% of contracts have clams and only 20% have lobsters, swordfish, salmon, or cod?
    I want the customers of contracts to look at my stock of goods before asking for items.  If something is scarce and demand is high it should be asked in smaller amounts and sold for more money.  
    Why does 90% of contracts have clams and only 20% have lobsters, swordfish, salmon, or cod?
    I want the customers of contracts to look at my stock of goods before asking for items.  
    it is the intention of the fish market it was designed that was to make it difficult to earn any $$, make it difficult to complete so it takes days to complete, and completely frustrate a player into using gold impulsively
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I want the customers of contracts to look at my stock of goods before asking for items.  If something is scarce and demand is high it should be asked in smaller amounts and sold for more money.  

All my contracts have clams in them.  Once in awhile I will get one with just fish, but it is very rare.  And if I decline a contract with clams, the next one has clams in it too.

I haven't noticed a difference in my pools.  They seem the same.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file