Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Make server ranking not affect championship coin payout

This is a very serious issue, I earned 143,928 master points on the first week and I received 970 championship coins. At this rate, I can not even afford a harvest festival box with extra storage or a viking duck coop. And at the moment I am the highest ranked player in the 2nd highest level group and I have nearly 40,000 points more than 2nd place. They have also worked very hard and they will have an even worse payout. While I am sure some players on higher ranked servers will be earning far more coins than I earned with much less effort. I think you need to remove the penalty of having lower championship coin payouts to the servers with lower rankings and give every player the same amount of coins as the 1st ranked server receives. For example, in the island farm, you do not get less seashells if other players on your server do not participate in it or if other players on other servers get a higher amount than you do. You get the same amount of seashells and it is totally reliant on your hard work, not on the hard work of other players.

Comments

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 11.01.2018
    The payout of coins should not be affected by server rankings.   A higher server ranking only means that less new player accounts are being created in that server that lower the average.  The coins should be related to hard work and accumulation for each worldwide championship toward a reward that greatly improves the farm.  It should not be filling the drop boxes of one server and making it a  long term project for others.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I agree.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I think coin payouts should be based on the amount of time and resources we put into it and a "bonus" should be added to that amount based on server rankings. 
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    I completely agree with this and it was mentioned by many players since the first cc. However during the second WCC run I read somewhere that they were not going to change this because an integral part of how the game was designed depended on this. I do not really understand the logic for that. At least I assume that the "integral part" comes from the model of coops champs and similar where only the top coop (or few top coops) get almost everything and the others pretty much nothing. But coops change and players can move between them. Players cannot move between servers.

All players put the same effort independently on the servers they are and they should be compensated equally, among other reasons (if you do not want to accept just because it is fair) because: players cannot change servers (you cannot move your farm to another server, as you could within your server between coops depending on how much active/passive playing you want to do) and players do not have any control of what players are in the server or what they do (while they do have some control in the coops by accepting/removing members).

Players in top ranking servers could get a small extra if you want but the difference between what 2 players with the same score one belonging to the the top server and another the the bottom server should be minimal, imho.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
  • I love playing this game.
    I have 20000 master points for worldwide championship but only got 300 coins, I got 1000 coins when I had 10000 points.  It says at the top: "Hard Work Reward", not ranking reward.  This does not make sense.  Why is every event in Big Farm starting to be designed for only the top 0.01% of players, ones that are level 500+?

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I have 20000 master points for worldwide championship but only got 300 coins, I got 1000 coins when I had 10000 points.  It says at the top: "Hard Work Reward", not ranking reward.  This does not make sense.  Why is every event in Big Farm starting to be designed for only the top 0.01% of players, ones that are level 500+?

I have eaned nearly 250,000 master points points over the first two weeks and I have only received 1,170 championship coins. It is quite disappointing that server ranking affects the coin payout because this discourages many players from participating in this event on weaker servers. I also don't agree with the fact that players from one server have to work harder for the same amount of coins than other servers. This almost feels like it is a server cooperative that is forcing players to play not to let down their server and punishing the servers with players that do not want to participate in it. These issues could easily be resolved if the server ranking did not affect the coin payout.
    It says in the message: 
    "You will receive your championship coins shortly. Coins are awarded based on the performance of you and your server. "
    But it says "Hard Work Reward", not Ranking Reward.  

Why does Big Farm have so many places that only reward the top 100?  As more players are being added, the difficulty of getting into top 100 will increase a lot.  

There are many lower level players that dont participate a lot in the world wide championship that only collect a few hundred points which lowers the average because they have less farms and less buildings.  Can the server be divided to level groups? For example : 20-40, 40-60, 60-80, 80-100, 100-150, 150-200, 200-300, 300-500, and 500+. 

It says in the message: 
    "You will receive your championship coins shortly. Coins are awarded based on the performance of you and your server. "

Why does Big Farm have so many places that only reward the top 100?  As more players are being added, the difficulty of getting into top 100 will increase a lot.  

There are many lower level players that dont participate a lot in the world wide championship that only collect a few hundred points which lowers the average because they have less farms and less buildings.  Can the server be divided to level groups? For example : 20-40, 40-60, 60-80, 80-100, 100-150, 150-200, 200-300, 300-500, and 500+. 

Only the players who earn 5000+ points per week are counted into the average. So the above is perhaps not necessary. But I actually do think that perhaps we should take the average of all players so that everyone's effort goes towards the total, otherwise many players are not actually contributing towards the server's average and are actually not significant in the server's average. But at the moment, it is more important to get championship coin payout to depend on your performance while not having server performance affect the payout.
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 19.01.2018
    Get rid of server rankings. low level players on German and Japan have their drop boxes full of items from WWC for very little effort, while high level players on other servers must work very hard to get minimal rewards. This simply should not be the case.

based on the difficulty to get candy houses out of the candy farm, tropical cowsheds out of the island farm, compared to the prices found in the WWC, I have concluded that prices should be dropped 10x, or that coin payout should be increased 10x, on the US server. This is an approximation.

[edit] the people above complaining about how only high levels are getting payout, you are wrong, this system punishes high an low levels almost equally [/edit]

What you are doing is encouraging a server war, where players on one server will make tons of low level accounts on other players servers in an attempt to drop that servers rankings. You have a rule in place that says only one account per player per server, that rule is designed to limit server traffic and therefore expenses, this design will conflict with that goal directly (read: your server rankings will result in greater expenses FOR YOU GGS).

I myself have been debating moving over to japan server just for a better payout (this is legal per the above stated rule), I'm still a relatively low level farm so it wouldn't be that big of a loss. If I ever invited a friend to play, I would tell them to make their account on the right server.

Edit: I wasn't aware that server rankings did anything other than effect coin payout. It is fine that others requested a competition between servers, I wasn't one of them, people can have dissenting opinions. I have to agree with ninjahuman on everything then, keep server rankings but they should not effect coin payout for the individual. Or keep the WWC as it is and give me another way to earn decent prizes for my farm, to skin my farm up to look the way that I want, because that is realistically all I care about insofar as this goes. The WWC is the best way I have found so far to earn the skins that I want, that is the only reason I want to change it. For me, that is the point of the wwc.
    Post edited by qewt (US1) on
    Get rid of server rankings. low level players on German and Japan have their drop boxes full of items from WWC for very little effort, while high level players on other servers must work very hard to get minimal rewards. This simply should not be the case.

based on the difficulty to get candy houses out of the candy farm, tropical cowsheds out of the island farm, compared to the prices found in the WWC, I have concluded that prices should be dropped 10x, or that coin payout should be increased 10x, on the US server. This is an approximation.

[edit] the people above complaining about how only high levels are getting payout, you are wrong, this system punishes high an low levels almost equally [/edit]

What you are doing is encouraging a server war, where players on one server will make tons of low level accounts on other players servers in an attempt to drop that servers rankings. You have a rule in place that says only one account per player per server, that rule is designed to limit server traffic and therefore expenses, this design will conflict with that goal directly (read: your server rankings will result in greater expenses FOR YOU GGS).

I myself have been debating moving over to japan server just for a better payout (this is legal per the above stated rule), I'm still a relatively low level farm so it wouldn't be that big of a loss. If I ever invited a friend to play, I would tell them to make their account on the right server.
    I think it might be a bit extreme to remove the whole ranking system because of this issue. If the championship coin payout is simply changed so that every player on every server receives the same amount of championship coins as the 1st rank server receives, then it should hopefully give a good balance of the amount of championship coins received for the amount of hard work you put in. Also I do agree that lower level players are being punished badly as well, if not worse, it will take many lower level players multiple worldwide championships even afford anything decent and that is if they work very hard. Otherwise they will almost never be able to get anything from the championship trader.

I do not think that the rule with one account per player per server is enforced, I know on my server many players have multiple accounts and nothing is ever done about it. It is very sad that such a strategy is encouraged, hopefully they will take some action against it since it is just ruining other player's hard work. This is another reason why championship coin payout should be equal among each server, then there will be no fights for better championship coin payout and hopefully it will solve a lot of these issues between servers.
  • I agree too - our server performance shouldn't affect our coin payout, but I'm so confused by it all anyway!  Last time I sat in 2nd place for my group and in the first week got 613 (from memory) coins.  This time, I've gone up a group, sit way down in comparison, in around 60th place and have got over 1000 coins for the first week.  I know I will have harvested more being a higher level, and that explains it, but surely those that finish in high places in the lower level groups should get more coins for being in the top 10?  Same is true for the co-op events - they shouldn't count in the World Championships - the smaller co-ops cant stand a chance against the larger ones (our little co-op has 15 members and we all do our bit) but we cant compete with a co-op with over 100 members.  

Make the world championships based on individual performance, no 'gold purchase' or 'dollar purchase' boosters, just as it comes, split into groups of say 50 levels and work out the payout based on level and performance not just performance.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    As I recall, there was lots of requests for some form of competition between servers and the WWC was GGS's response to this. If they take server ranking out of the calculation would that not kinda defeat the whole purpose of the WWC ?
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    As I recall, there was lots of requests for some form of competition between servers and the WWC was GGS's response to this. If they take server ranking out of the calculation would that not kinda defeat the whole purpose of the WWC ?
    Or u could ask "Why a CHAMPSHIP if no ranking?"

How would a regular damn CC look if there was no ranking?
    How to termanate who wins and lose? The same with missions.
    edited 19.01.2018
    It says in the message: 

Only the players who earn 5000+ points per week are counted into the average. So the above is perhaps not necessary. But I actually do think that perhaps we should take the average of all players so that everyone's effort goes towards the total, otherwise many players are not actually contributing towards the server's average and are actually not significant in the server's average. But at the moment, it is more important to get championship coin payout to depend on your performance while not having server performance affect the payout.
    An average is different from a sum.  Players that play less often only collect a few hundred points and it will bring down the average more than ones that collect 5000 a week.  
    An average is different from a sum.  Players that play less often only collect a few hundred points and it will bring down the average more than ones that collect 5000 a week.  
    I understand what you are saying, but remember if these players want to help improve the server's score, it is better for them to earn less than 5000 master points a week then earn over 5000 master points. So it is actually more beneficial for them to do less rather than more. But if every active player's score was counted, it would benefit those players to help earn more points for the server and make every player's effort significant in the rankings. At the moment it is a little bit strange for a player who earned 9,999 points this week to benefit the server more than a player who earned 10,000 points.

But this is not really what the thread is about, the server's effort and the individual player's effort are two different things, server prizes should be awarded for the server's effort but the championship coin payout should be solely dependent on the individual player's effort.
    I would like to bring up the fact I finished the event with over 450,000 master points and I earned about 5,500 coins from all the payouts combined. I am sure a lot of players from many servers would have disappointing payouts from the event such as this, I think it is very important for the fairness of our hard work to change it so payout is affected by hard work only and is not affected by server ranking. On my server, some players that were doing well stopped trying due to the low amount of championship coins they received for their hard work. Keep in mind, I earned over 1,000 more championship coins the previous time the event was run when I earned over 160,000 master points less than this time.
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    I made 137k master points and got 2675 championship coins total.

29k mp first week = 404 coins, 58k second = 626 coins, 104k third = 766 coins, 137k fourth/last = 877 coins

I made rank 15 in levels 41-64.

these payouts are tiny. I will not be participating on this level during the next WWC unless payouts are fixed.

my $0.02: Since WWC is the only good way I know of to get skins, and since skins are the only thing I care about in this game, if payouts are not changed I may just quit altogether. I only play this game because my farm is pretty, I'm forced to upgrade it into ugliness and I need to earn skins to counter that, if I cant get skins I wont upgrade and I will stagnate. I am already stagnating, I cannot compete in the level brackets I am forced into, that I did so well in WWC must mean that others are just not interested in playing at all.
    I made 137k master points and got 2675 championship coins total.

29k mp first week = 404 coins, 58k second = 626 coins, 104k third = 766 coins, 137k fourth/last = 877 coins

I made rank 15 in levels 41-64.

these payouts are tiny. I will not be participating on this level during the next WWC unless payouts are fixed.

my $0.02: Since WWC is the only good way I know of to get skins, and since skins are the only thing I care about in this game, if payouts are not changed I may just quit altogether. I only play this game because my farm is pretty, I'm forced to upgrade it into ugliness and I need to earn skins to counter that, if I cant get skins I wont upgrade and I will stagnate. I am already stagnating, I cannot compete in the level brackets I am forced into, that I did so well in WWC must mean that others are just not interested in playing at all.
    The rewards are very useful, but the payout is not very good so it takes months to be able to get a reward. For example, on my server you saw that with 450,000 points I earned only 5,500 coins. Only a few players on my server earned higher then that, so even though many more players then that would have also put in a large amount of effort, they would have very little to show for it. And my server finished 16th, there are 11 other servers below us that would have had far worse payouts.

Even comparing that, it is somewhat disappointing that two players on different servers that put in the same amount of effort can receive completely different amounts of championship coins. This is also affecting the amount of effort players are putting into the event by a large amount, I know of one player who could have come at least second in my level group but lowered their effort dramatically after the first payout. If you want to get everyone to put in their best effort if they wish to participate in this event, you need to make sure all servers get an equal and fair payout of championship coins.

For the player who posted above, they have been working hard to try and get skins for their buildings, there are a huge amount of them to get skins for and they put in a large amount of effort to try to get these skins, but they could only get a few due to their lower server ranking. This is another example of why the championship coin payout should be equal among each server.
Sign In to comment.