Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 13th/14th - New Themed Events and More! - Discussion

Comments

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I get to collect pearls from Flowerfarm - seems average is, 10 pearls per harvest - this is going to take ages since I need 1930 pearls all together... And this is task 2 only...ehm, yet another event to simply skip?

• Both of these events are looking to be skipped other than during the WWC. I like the local side of the WWC and the goodies attained from hard work and ranking on the server. The silver coins are all messed up on how they calculate them. If I'm doing the work of the average of 10 on my server, I should get a little better return regardless of how horrible the messed up server rank is.
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    It takes me the same amount of resources and time and effort to make a single point in  WWC so why should I be punished with lower coin return because a more populous server ranks higher than mine.    

POINT FOR POINT the COIN RETURN SHOULD BE THE SAME for EVERYONE ! 
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    It takes me the same amount of resources and time and effort to make a single point in  WWC so why should I be punished with lower coin return because a more populous server ranks higher than mine.    

POINT FOR POINT the COIN RETURN SHOULD BE THE SAME for EVERYONE ! 
    I agree completely. I feel like I am being punished for something I have no control over. I am an active player that has already earned a lot of the hard work rewards. Over half of them in two categories. I am doing better than last time & yet my coins is still an extremely small number, just slightly more than last time.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 10.01.2018
    I get to collect pearls from Flowerfarm - seems average is, 10 pearls per harvest - this is going to take ages since I need 1930 pearls all together... And this is task 2 only...ehm, yet another event to simply skip?

don't you think this is where the special short timed but little harvest come into play?  it's only 30 minutes for aloe
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    don't you think this is where the special short timed but little harvest come into play?  it's only 30 minutes for aloe
    Hmm, you might be right...but if so, the pearls ends up being awful expensive, seems the gardens pays 6 per harvest, maybe 10 for some (I have 4)- but if you think we're supposed to use the special seeds for that, I guess it makes sense. However I will not - they cost too much to make, and are very handy for other tasks.:-p

Hmm, you might be right...but if so, the pearls ends up being awful expensive, seems the gardens pays 6 per harvest, maybe 10 for some (I have 4)- but if you think we're supposed to use the special seeds for that, I guess it makes sense. However I will not - they cost too much to make, and are very handy for other tasks.:-p

gosh i have 250+ of SS aloe in stock and they pay 3 pearls per field on SS aloe ( no different amounts so far like I was seeing on the GF food truck) have not tried anything else - didn't look at what they gave on regular seeds
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I think the special aloe seeds are very good too, 3 pearls every 30 minutes, I harvested regular aloe just as the stage started and got 7 pearls for a 6 hour crop.
    Haven't quite got 250 in stock but 180 will come in very handy for this event. :)

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I will try for soap, normal elderberry,  and charred bonito tacos.
    I will try for soap, normal elderberry,  and charred bonito tacos.
    i, for one, did not receive any pearls from my fish restaurant or greenhouse and i was on a "fresh" login after game crash

have harvested from greenhouse 2x no such luck
    I think the special aloe seeds are very good too, 3 pearls every 30 minutes, I harvested regular aloe just as the stage started and got 7 pearls for a 6 hour crop.
    Haven't quite got 250 in stock but 180 will come in very handy for this event. :)

all about how many times you harvest (and how often you interact with the game) is GGS's goal here - imo

unfortunately i can't play even just to harvest my 4 fields every 30 minutes so will need to find a balance that works
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 10.01.2018
    I certainly am not thrilled about this Wedding planner deco event.  I harvested my entire Flower farm and only got 217 / 1,930 Pearls.  

I have
    4 Meadow
    4 Orchard
    4 Apiary
    1 Flower shop
    1 Mixing plant
    1 Distillery
    1 Mermaid Bay
    1 Greenhouse
     All were ready for harvest with long production items such as Aloe, Aloe vera gel,  or Honey cream.

I can get 3 pearls every half hour from making fish tacos and I can get 2 pearls every 20 minutes from making fruit in the greenhouse but I do not feel that is going to get it done.

Shortest time on regular crop = 2 hours
    Orchard = 6 hours
    Apiary = 2.5 hours
    Shortest production on Flower shop = 30 minutes 
    Mixing plant = 1 hour
    Shortest time on Distillery = 23 minutes
    Shortest time on Mermaid bay = 30 minutes
    Shortest time on Greenhouse = 20 minutes

The drop rate is so low it would probably take 4 - 5 days to complete the 2nd task.

Making the game and developing it is supposed to be a full-time job; NOT PLAYING IT!  Stop acting like everyone has the time to sit behind their computers 24/7.

As far as the special seeds, lower production time offers lower drop rates. Basically we would be using a whole lot of resources for very little.   This event, in my opinion, is a bust.  If level 3 is this hard I can only imagine the other levels are way worse. 
    While I wish I could say I was working, I am not. I am disabled. So I have a much greater amount of time than most people to just sit here & play the game. I have a fairly well developed farm (level 230). Even with those things in my favor I don't think I can't complete this event unless I find something with a much higher drop rate than what I have gotten so far. Right now it looks like just the pearls will take 4 days. I can only imagine the frustration of those who do have full time jobs.
    well like the food truck event I get different amounts from the same type of building 3 aviaries but got 7 -13- 7 and doesn't matter the level they are waiting for my 2nd harvest of orchards unfortunately both my MB and shop are on long timed items - so will have a long wait for  2nd harvest there did a couple more F5 logins and am now "seeing" pearls drop on my greenhouse

as far as how expensive the SS are - don't know don't bother with that anymore doesn't matter have tons out of a lvl1 nursery there only SS i have ever used was the jasmine for the CCHWE - so am combining the SS wit edge crops since it is not about quantity of items planted  but # of times you harvest - going to up my co-op #'s in the WWCC  

even though the numbers to collect x seeming # of hours needed on the food truck drops and I was very discouraged I did go through them pretty quick - lots faster than what appeared to be needed - no gold either

so I am anticipating getting through this faster than on the surface it appears
  • bandit12 (NL1)bandit12 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 22
    I am playing this game for 3years now,and have lost fun in it the last half year,its like GGS is distroying his one game,have enough of it
    @JustMe (US1)
    The WWC is a worldwide event, not a co-op event.  All points are individual points. Your harvests only affect your points.   If you score is not in the top 100 or 1,000 it does not even affect the server rankings. 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok, first of all, AGAIN without living on the forums there is no IN GAME notice that an event even starts.
    I'm already done with my UK farm and if not for chat on the US one about pearls I'd never even know about this wedding planner thing.     TO date, NEVER have I seen an event in the flower farm.  So dont' even look there.

And pearls.  No one in my coop knows where they are.  Massive confusion.
    I had all the supplies to quickly get to that page, and when I click the green show me arrow it's pointing to one of the fields I JUST planted.    

Now HOW would one find pearls in a field????? 
    (Then again, goldfish don't eat fleas so who knows.)

Now reading the number crunchers here, I guess this one will shoot right to the don't bother list.  

I'm really getting fed up with this game.   Besides all the stuff they constantly roll out that's buggy, there's this total lack of any kind of information.    And with all the nonsense garbage that flys up the second I log in, one would THINK a new event starting might be among them?   At least once?  Until you actively do something, then stop giving notices about it?

This game is rapidly becoming just a source of frustration.   Besides the bugs, every single event they come up with now is JUST out of my reach of ever getting.
    Temp farms, no way I'll ever see the top levels.
    Events, even ones that have been going for years, the top levels are JUST out of my reach now.  
    The entire coop village is nothing but a resource drain and gives absolutely NOTHING back.
    Anything and everything designed to be coop vs coop is nothing but a pressure cooker.  Lets push people to play harder, spend money…. NO!!!!!! 

What ever happened to this nice, easy going game?  Build, upgrade, get cooler looking buildings, heck now the highest upgrades don't look any different then the previous levels.   

I took a break from this over the holidays.  Bought and installed some other games onto my computer.  At least I know what I have and it won't be down, hotfixing, or changing every week.
    @JustMe (US1)
    The WWC is a worldwide event, not a co-op event.  All points are individual points. Your harvests only affect your points.   If you score is not in the top 100 or 1,000 it does not even affect the server rankings. 
    i know that Shay but the individual rewards are what I am going for - many are worthless to  me but some are not for some reason even though I plant lots of edge crops, have constant activity in the village buildings (not the workers though) because I use the horse meadow all the time my points there are the lowest I can achieve 100% in most of the other columns  - so was just saying I am trying to find a silver lining to be included in fulfilling the wedding planner event which is not what I had hoped and anticipated it would be (same as the food truck) 

just trying to make the best of a not so great addition to the game
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Some of my members don't have the Wedding Event on the flower farm.
    One is level 43.
    Is it level specific?
    Some of my members don't have the Wedding Event on the flower farm.
    One is level 43.
    Is it level specific?
    Going by the chart on Crazy Big Farm it looks like you need to be at least level 62.

http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/themed/wedding_planner.htm
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    WAY, WAY, WAY  too many pearls needed.  Production is so slow on this farm I for one cannot see how on earth I can collect 1,930 pearls.  None are dropping from the fishing part of the farm so just relying on the greenhouse and mermaid for quick harvests.  Oh, did I say that there are WAY too many pearls required???
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Thank you, NormaHelen.
    I will pass the information on.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 11.01.2018

Lavender: 200*500 = 100000
    Romantic Bouquet: 120*500 = 60000
    Citrus fruits: 470*66 = 31020
    Cost: 100000+60000+31020 = 191020
    Profit: 400000-191020 = 208980

Did a good job making Task 1 because:
    1. Donations make a reasonable profit for the level (81)
    2. Difficulty 2 instead of 3
    3. Donations are not greater than barn capacity
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 11.01.2018

Deep sea fishing, Oleg fishing, or fishing minigame?
    Black pearls are rare, only about 12 per harvest/batch on average.  The amount needed should be drastically lowered because it is started at difficulty 2 at level 81 and cannot make that many harvests in one day.  

What?!

They implemented code for worldwide championship points instead of a separate code for fishing.  Oysters should be found in the deep sea, not on land.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Deep sea fishing, Oleg fishing, or fishing minigame?
    Black pearls are rare, only about 12 per harvest/batch on average.  The amount needed should be drastically lowered because it is started at difficulty 2 at level 81 and cannot make that many harvests in one day.  

What?!

They implemented code for worldwide championship points instead of a separate code for fishing.  Oysters should be found in the deep sea, not on land.  
    Napkins shouldn't be a harvest crop, either, or popping out of stables, but in Big Farmlandia, they do. LOL!  You'll go mad if you try to take this game literally. :)

• VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    I have a comment about the WWC and the cooperative championships now in progress.  For the past several weeks, the CC's were giving us WWC cooperative points as prizes - when there was no WWC in progress.  Now there is a WWC in progress, and the CC is not giving us WWC cooperative points.  My cooperative is in the silver league and we have 81 prizes to earn.  But where there had been WWC cooperative points, there are now just karma points and Halloween-themed gifts/pranks.  Are you serious?  Who is in charge of these things??!!  I have said it before, someone needs to check the prize lists before the start of any event, and make sure the prizes make sense!!! 
  • Wedding planner event is not giving reward points on world championships. 
    they added the food truck event a few days in after quiet a few players had finished the event. but this is at the start. Why no event points for weeding planner event
  • If GGS does not make the adjustments needed for this wedding planner  event and for the food truck event...it will go by the wayside.... like the organic market and themed events of old....old to me because they are lame, out of date, unachievable unless you spend gold and I tell you, the rewards are not worth it.  Now we see new events but harder to accomplish and frankly not desirable anymore.    :/ 

Ever hear the phase...been there done that    :|   You see after awhile we do not care to bust our heads for the same ole' things again.  Mainly because you don't make it worth it ...and on top of it all we may never receive the rewards,  because of bugs !

Special seeds need to be grown on all farms now, for starters...and I have read many good ideas that would serve you well to take a look at.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    @FarmerCli (US1)   I certainly hope this is not the "rebalancing" they are referring to but we all know what happens when we see the word "rebalancing" ... any events we once loved become unachievable. .  Just when we feel something is almost within reach ... BAM .... it gets "rebalanced"
Sign In to comment.