Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    We are having an issue in our coop... Some people have the option of using Oleg to fish for 45 minutes and get 10 goldfish, but some of us can only send Oleg for 5 goldfish for 45 minutes.  Can someone please explain what is going on there?  Is it a glitch?  Someone said they thought it depended on fishing level, but I don't think that is the case.
    @farmer46 (US1)

It's a bug.  People that have the 2X XP Booster running are seeing all their harvest numbers doubled - but when you actually collect the harvest, you only get the regular amount (not the doubled amount).  So it may say they'll get 10, but they'll actually only get 5.  It's just a display error. It's been reported.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3752728/#Comment_3752728

• farmer46 (US1)farmer46 (US1) US1 Posts: 41
    We are having an issue in our coop... Some people have the option of using Oleg to fish for 45 minutes and get 10 goldfish, but some of us can only send Oleg for 5 goldfish for 45 minutes.  Can someone please explain what is going on there?  Is it a glitch?  Someone said they thought it depended on fishing level, but I don't think that is the case.
    @farmer46 (US1)

It's a bug.  People that have the 2X XP Booster running are seeing all their harvest numbers doubled - but when you actually collect the harvest, you only get the regular amount (not the doubled amount).  So it may say they'll get 10, but they'll actually only get 5.  It's just a display error. It's been reported.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3752728/#Comment_3752728

Thank you Southern!  :)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 14.12.2017
    I am not fishing for goldfish, am catching fleas, no choice there but I feel that if I did this event I am saying to GGS its OK to mess me about, swap + change everything to their pleasure, I am just a little sheep who will follow everything  GGS does  even if they are leading me over a cliff
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    My advent calendar is now showing that I did not find my three chipmunks and I did. It was checkmarked and a done deal. I came on today and always go back through to see all my checks, t is just what I do, and it showed I had missed that. I even have messages where I talked with others in my co-op about locations as I had found mine before anyone else was even up . Sent a support ticket, we will see what happens. Very upsetting when you take the time to work something and that happens, but hey isn't the different color bubbles over the people all pretty and such. Seems like the other bubbles were fine, how about working on something that is broke and not change something that was working. 
  • The cost for sending oleg to fish for goldfish is insane. It would maybe be OK, if the event was only once a year. But i can not spend hundreds of millions of dollar on this event every month. My farm are not making that amount of dollars, not with the temp farms, and need for upgrading buildings etc.

The cost needs to be 1/10 or more realistic, 1/50. And the rewards needs to be much better. 
    The cost for sending oleg to fish for goldfish is insane. It would maybe be OK, if the event was only once a year. But i can not spend hundreds of millions of dollar on this event every month. My farm are not making that amount of dollars, not with the temp farms, and need for upgrading buildings etc.

The cost needs to be 1/10 or more realistic, 1/50. And the rewards needs to be much better. 
    You don't have to send Oleg, you can collect Fleas, turn them into bait, and fish for goldfish manually, all for free.. (Well, except for the cost of making the bait in the windmill and buying the fishing equipment, but that's all very minimal cost).

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 14.12.2017
    The cost for sending oleg to fish for goldfish is insane. It would maybe be OK, if the event was only once a year. But i can not spend hundreds of millions of dollar on this event every month. My farm are not making that amount of dollars, not with the temp farms, and need for upgrading buildings etc.

@Sonnarps (SKN1)  You don't have to spend a fortune sending Oleg to fish for goldfish. Just make goldfish bait and catch them yourself in the mini fishing game.  :)

Edit: Southern beat me to it!  :D
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    edited 14.12.2017
    Take picture of goldfish rescued as we didn't get the goldfish the last time this event ended & still haven't got a response to whether or not we'll get the goldfish we rescued from last time the event ran.

Also haven't got happy hour either but thought it wasn't suppose to start until the 18th so why do others already have it?
  • kerrbear (US1)kerrbear (US1) US1 Posts: 38
    Ok so I understand there is a bug with the goldfish event...only getting half of the goldfish when you send oleg. But why is it when I use the one with gold that is for 15 min. It says you get 20 goldfish and I only got 5. this is way less than half!!! I want my gold back or give me the right amount of goldfish! this is a joke!! Can't GGS give us an event without bugs!!! Come on please!!
  • The cost for sending oleg to fish for goldfish is insane. It would maybe be OK, if the event was only once a year. But i can not spend hundreds of millions of dollar on this event every month. My farm are not making that amount of dollars, not with the temp farms, and need for upgrading buildings etc.

You don't have to send Oleg, you can collect Fleas, turn them into bait, and fish for goldfish manually, all for free.. (Well, except for the cost of making the bait in the windmill and buying the fishing equipment, but that's all very minimal cost).

I am aware of this. There are a lot of things in this game that I like. There are quite a few things in this game I do not like. There are a few things in this game that I hate. The thing I hate the most is manual fishing. My computer is to slow, it is to random, which, if any, fish will be on the hook, it is slow and boring. 

I do not like to fish in real life, and I most certainly do not like to fish in this game. 

@Sonnarps (SKN1)  You don't have to spend a fortune sending Oleg to fish for goldfish. Just make goldfish bait and catch them yourself in the mini fishing game.  :)

Edit: Southern beat me to it!  :D
    httpwwwgmtamericacomimagesglobalgmta_logo-01png

Wait, wait, that's not right..

No, no, that's not right either..

Ah!  Thar we go! :)  Knew I'd find it eventually... :wink:
  • I made some Goldfish food/flakes and after collecting them, they are not there.  It seems that I did not get them but it did take the materials to make them from my supplies.
    I made some Goldfish food/flakes and after collecting them, they are not there.  It seems that I did not get them but it did take the materials to make them from my supplies.
    @Grannie Jackie (US1)

Do you have any goldfish in the bowl yet?  The flakes won't show up until there's at least 1 goldfish in the bowl.
  • I made some Goldfish food/flakes and after collecting them, they are not there.  It seems that I did not get them but it did take the materials to make them from my supplies.
    @Grannie Jackie (US1)

Do you have any goldfish in the bowl yet?  The flakes won't show up until there's at least 1 goldfish in the bowl.
    And how do you get a goldfish into the bowl if you don't have food to catch it with?  
    I made some Goldfish food/flakes and after collecting them, they are not there.  It seems that I did not get them but it did take the materials to make them from my supplies.
    @Grannie Jackie (US1)

And how do you get a goldfish into the bowl if you don't have food to catch it with?  
    You use the fleas to make bait, then use the bait to catch the goldfish with Oleg.  Flakes only feed them AFTER you've caught them.
  • you use your bugs that drop from your farm, to make bait in the windmill. then you use the mini fishing game, to use your bait and catch goldfish.
    @Grannie Jackie (US1)

You use the fleas to make bait, then use the bait to catch the goldfish with Oleg.  Flakes only feed them AFTER you've caught them.
    Thank you.  I forgot about that.
  • BarryJanet (US1)BarryJanet (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 14.12.2017
    OK, today is 12/14, 8:22am CDT.  The Goldfish Rescue has started.  I am unable to generate goldfish in the pond.  I can create Goldfish bait but that is it.  I can not fish for them.  This event is working for some apparently, as my ranking is dropping.....Anyone else having this problem?

Barry
    Grade A Prime
    If you're talking about the pond in the Coop Village, you don't do anything with that for this event other than feed it pellets. 

To catch goldfish and put them in the goldfish bowl, you take the goldfish bait you make in the windmill and use it as bait while fishing MANUALLY with Oleg from the dock in the fishing mini-game on one of the 3 farms (Main, Gourmet, Flower).  When you catch the goldfish, they'll automatically be deposited into the goldfish bowl, which you can access from the van in the parking lot.
    Southern, in the first go around for the Rescue, I was able to generate Flakes (bait), and use them to fish the 3 pond farms.  THIS iteration of the GoldFish rescue, lets me generate flakes, but, i can NOT catch any fish on the 3 ponds.  THAT option IS NOT available in the fishing menu.  Does not work on any of the 3 ponds at this time.

Edit:  I am also not seeing after I make the bait where they are showing up ANYWHERE in inventory.
    Barry
    OK, today is 12/14, 8:22am CDT.  The Goldfish Rescue has started.  I am unable to generate goldfish in the pond.  I can create Goldfish bait but that is it.  I can not fish for them.  This event is working for some apparently, as my ranking is dropping.....Anyone else having this problem?

Barry
    Grade A Prime
    If you're talking about the pond in the Coop Village, you don't do anything with that for this event other than feed it pellets. 

To catch goldfish and put them in the goldfish bowl, you take the goldfish bait you make in the windmill and use it as bait while fishing MANUALLY with Oleg from the dock in the fishing mini-game on one of the 3 farms (Main, Gourmet, Flower).  When you catch the goldfish, they'll automatically be deposited into the goldfish bowl, which you can access from the van in the parking lot.
    Southern, in the first go around for the Rescue, I was able to generate Flakes (bait), and use them to fish the 3 pond farms.  THIS iteration of the GoldFish rescue, lets me generate flakes, but, i can NOT catch any fish on the 3 ponds.  THAT option IS NOT available in the fishing menu.  Does not work on any of the 3 ponds at this time.

Edit:  I am also not seeing after I make the bait where they are showing up ANYWHERE in inventory.
    Barry
    I don't know how you did it last time Barry, but Fleas are used to make bait, not flakes.

Once you make the bait, it shows up in Oleg's "Fishing Supplies" screen on the "Bait" tab.

(I don't have bait any at the moment, so can't take a screenshot of it).

You then equip that bait in Oleg's tackle box, and go fishing in the mini-game. Use the bait while fishing to spawn a goldfish, then catch it just as you would any other fish. Caught goldfish are automatically placed into the goldfish bowl.

Goldfish Flakes are used to feed the goldfish you've already caught (using bait).

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 14.12.2017
    Sorry Southern but I too made fish bait from fleas added to my tackle and went fishing  the bait icon showed but no gold fish were added to the mini game when using the bait  also made flakes but not sure where they go to check

ok reloaded the game yet again - figured i had nothing to lose - and the baited fish are now showing in the mini-game
  • OK, today is 12/14, 8:22am CDT.  The Goldfish Rescue has started.  I am unable to generate goldfish in the pond.  I can create Goldfish bait but that is it.  I can not fish for them.  This event is working for some apparently, as my ranking is dropping.....Anyone else having this problem?

Barry
    Grade A Prime

Barry
    I don't know how you did it last time Barry, but Fleas are used to make bait, not flakes.

Once you make the bait, it shows up in Oleg's "Fishing Supplies" screen on the "Bait" tab.

(I don't have bait any at the moment, so can't take a screenshot of it).

You then equip that bait in Oleg's tackle box, and go fishing in the mini-game. Use the bait while fishing to spawn a goldfish, then catch it just as you would any other fish. Caught goldfish are automatically placed into the goldfish bowl.

Goldfish Flakes are used to feed the goldfish you've already caught (using bait).

Sorry about miss speaking.  Yes, I tried to equip the tackle box with the 16 bait i made in the windmill.  They were not there.  Cleared cache 3 times.  no luck.  Rebooted computer and cleared cache again, 7 were there.  Not the 16  had created.  Go figure  Maybe the other 9 got loose and are swimming in the bay somewhere!  LOL.  I appreciate your help (love the screen shot BTW).
    Sorry southern but I too made fish bait from fleas added to my tackle and went fishing  the bait icon showed but no gold fish were added to the mini game when using the bait  also made flakes but not sure where they go to check

ok reloaded the game yet again - figured i had nothing to lose - and the baited fish are now showing in the mini-game
    When you're in the mini-game, make sure you press the "+" sign with the UP Arrow next to the bait to spawn a fish.

You have to click that to spawn the fish depicted by the bait.

• Are you completely insane bf ?? Christmas tree 15,000 chicken feeds I have to get, make 320 a go - would you like us to use  gold and seaweed - or be here 24/7 
      It will not be my gold .. is Greek Catholic with the low dekoer  45+ for helping 33% the first week ??
    You have to get better to reward us  - bigfarm - or I boycott that tree
    and have no hens..flot NOT
      Used seaweed and gold first week and got 33% extra for help - it was nothing in deko value even though I helped most, so do not you wanna .. who's bothering a week for a 45+ deko ..Er i helt fra den ..?? juletræ 15.000 hønsefoder skal jeg skaffe , laver 320 pr gang - vil i ha man bruger guld og tang
    det blir ikke af mig .. er græsk katolsk med de lave dekoer
    i må oppe jer bigfarm - eller jeg boykotter det træ
    og har ingen høns ..flot NOT
    Brugte tang og guld første uge og fik 33% ekstra for hjælp -det var ingenting i deko-værdi selv om jeg hjalp mest , så gider man ikke.. hvem gider knokle en uge for en 45+ deko 
    Just a heads up, GoldFish Challenge has been announced on the German boards, starting tomorrow (the 9th) at 23:59 CET (6PM EST, 5PM CST, 3PM PST).
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    edited 09.01.2018
    Just a heads up, GoldFish Challenge has been announced on the German boards, starting tomorrow (the 9th) at 23:59 CET (6PM EST, 5PM CST, 3PM PST).

Well, still haven't gotten goldfish from last 2 times so lets do it again. It seems like they're making up for all the rewards they gave out during Christmas glitches & the new morm is now play, win rewards but you only get them if you take screenshots & submit tickets - then hopefully you'll get them. Why don't you give past earned rewards b4 you put event out again. I really don't understand how some get them & others don't especially if their on the same server. If it's working on 1 server than you would think you should be able to duplicate it on the others.
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    how to get this gold fish..I cant see where. please help me. I want to have fish. I need it. My cows are starving, because I make fish food only..but no fish to be found 
  • you have to make bait in the windmill then use the bait in the mini fishing game as you would other bait, and then catch goldfish.
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    thank you. now everything works. I can see gold fish. no panic
  • I have made tons of goldfish bait, but it's not showing up! I can't fish for goldfish because it shows I have no bait. I have looked for it and its just not showing. When I go to make more goldfish bait it says I need to sale some because I'm full, yet it's not showing. Anybody have this problem?

I have made tons of goldfish bait, but it's not showing up! I can't fish for goldfish because it shows I have no bait. I have looked for it and its just not showing. When I go to make more goldfish bait it says I need to sale some because I'm full, yet it's not showing. Anybody have this problem?

@Lila320 (US1)

Goldfish Bait only shows up in the Tackle Box.  Is that where you're looking?

Sign In to comment.