Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Temporary Farms

I would be apt to paying for upgrades to temporary farms if they would retain what I developed every time they returned; however, the financial and time cost of these temporary farms, in my opinion, renders them virtually usesless and barely worthy of more than a passing glance.

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    If they did that then they wouldn't really be "temporary" now would they ?
    but I must agree that, for anybody below lvl 70, they are indeed useless. (after about lvl 100 they become an interesting challenge open to a variety of strategies)
  • They would still be temporary in that they only appear temporarily (as they do now) as they are not a constant, or staple, farm.  Even being over level 100, to me, they are a waste of my time and money, which, if GoodGames wants more of both from me, they need to adjust their strategy with the temporary farms.
  • Also in addition to Uncle John, you would lose the items earned (runes etc.) as the tasks would be done next time the island returned. With building done you'd have no tasks to do most of it. The islands are best for over level 100 and can be done w/o real money.
    A good point @White _Doves (US1) . That would make them truly useless. For a player that doesn't buy gold, they are the best source of seaweed products for the CC and horseshoes for winning GMLs that I have found.
  • My opinion is not invalid simply because two other players feel differently.  I stand by what I said, no more money and no more time from me. 

Oh...and I buy gold, lots and lots of gold....essentially, I pay for those players who don't buy gold.  That said, whose opinions is of greater value to a company that needs income pay to maintain its servers and costs of its employees....the opinions of those providing funding or those who do not....

Odd that a company representative has not ventured a comment as of yet.
    I'm sorry @LadyJane77 (US1) , I did not intend to imply that your opinion was in any way invalid and I would entirely agree that the game must be slanted towards gold buyers in order to be financially viable to the company.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Players above level 75 can get enough money from deep sea fishing to buy the buildings and upgrades in temporary farms.  The time it takes for construction and the only slot available for construction makes it almost impossible for players that do not buy gold to get the upgrades for the best product for runestones and seashells: Viking coats/Christmas trees/Tropic Star.  
  • I found the whole temporary farm a waste of my time and money at the level the current game is at, I am only 37 on this format having lost my ipad account.  Maybe when I get to a higher level it will make more sense, but not now.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Once I began churning out the honey cream, I was able to do the temp farms fairly easily, using the strategy several posted ... just to do up to Chapt. 2.2, and you'd have enough seeds to keep the boat happy. (Only doing one type of temp farm, of course.)  They didn't come as often and they lasted a full month, so it wasn't all "rush, rush, rush."  Now, by the time I really get it up and running, it's time to dismantle, hoping against hope they don't end them prematurely and without warning, as has been happening sometimes lately.  Now, I don't even bother with them.  Enough stress brought into the game currently as it is.  Too bad, because I enjoyed the change and the strategizing.
  • Thank you, all of you, for your opinions.  I hope the creators of this game pay attention to this thread.
  • LadyJane77 (US1)LadyJane77 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 05.01.2018
    In all fairness to the game and the readers of this post, I will see if I can do the candy farm w/o buying gold and feeling frustrated at how slow it moves.  I will see if I change my mind by end of week one.

Update.....one hour later....too much money
    I don't do the Candy at all because the return on investment is so poor. 
    The others I do as far as task 2.3.   Costs around $7,000,000 and makes about the same in runes/shells
  • I have only been playing this game for about 6 months.  I would like to make a suggestion and to know if this bothers other people playing too?  I find it infuriating that you are given these temporary farms that take all your $$$$$$$ and then you lose it again!!  I did wonder if I would ever get them back.  I now realise having just got the Candy Farm back that you have to start from scratch!!  Why can we not have the Farm back as we left it??  I am actually considering not participating in the Candy Farm this time around!!
    JAC1
    tbh imo lvl 57 is way too low to tackle the temp farms. You really need to have at least $5,000,000 to spare.
    (and all you get is horseshoes and seaweed products) (although these do eventually lead to gold)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 06.01.2018
    I totally agree with Uncle John.  I have only just started playing the Temporary farms and I am level 216 !!   I was in no way ready before this, but now I find I can leave my main farms to run themselves (up to a point) while I play on the temp farm.  There are way too many plots of land to buy and upgrades to do before playing the temp farms.   
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Temp farm time needs to be extended by 10 days or give a second building slot that does not cost gold.  
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    candy farm is pants, but the others are good IF you like seaweed but i wouldnt bother trying to tackle one until you're a good level and farm dollar income isn't an issue (you dont have to use gold)

i dont do them often but when i do, i actually like the temp farms and i certainly like the thousands of seaweed after the event

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file