Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Food Truck" - Gourmet Farm Event

Comments

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 03.01.2018
    unless im missing a trick here, as im not in a coop how am i meant to get spruce? you can't buy it and im not able to plant edge crops.... did they say when they announced this it was a 'coop based' event?

To find the answer you have to think like a GGS project manager, for example:

"where can we add a hurdle for solo players ?  edge plants ..."

only solutions for solo players: buy gold when the hot deal offering village items is active, or spend gold to buy edge plants in their basket offers 

• I like others was part way thru event before realizing I had to be part of a co-op to finish.
    Normally GGS will make note if you need to be part of a co-op to participate.  I don't read up on events I take that there will be enough info on the game.  Lately there seems to be more reason to quit that keep playing.
    I don't want to join a co-op just to finish the event.  I was looking forward to something new but again disappointed.  Of course there will be no reimbursement for donkeys donated.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I like others was part way thru event before realizing I had to be part of a co-op to finish.
    Normally GGS will make note if you need to be part of a co-op to participate.  I don't read up on events I take that there will be enough info on the game.  Lately there seems to be more reason to quit that keep playing.
    I don't want to join a co-op just to finish the event.  I was looking forward to something new but again disappointed.  Of course there will be no reimbursement for donkeys donated.
    You'd be most welcome to join us for the duration.  No donations or event participation required.  We leave you alone to farm your way.  Link to description of coop is in my signature.  Visitors are always welcome if we have openings. :)
  • joan007 (US1)joan007 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    Very unhappy and disappointed that was not able to finish the event. I am not interested in joining a co-op.
    I felt this  this was unfair to everyone that could not complete the event and lost what they had donated.
    There was no information saying the event was not open to everyone.
    I am not interested in joining a co-op to finish. 
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    Food truck is asking for so many donation. It's not worth doing just to get the deco....:((
    And I was so excited with this new event but I think I wouldn't be doing it in the future...I prefer to sell my products.
  • Truth be told.....ive family that were addicted to this game and played on the same Internet Address night after night,

Come and visit us and look again all are playing BF. I was only starting out with a small farm.

Weve all lost interest. As my Uncle says: "dont let this silly game take over your life"
    He used to get cross.
    He knows. Now we talk and are a family when we are together. Not watching Big Farm. Its not worth it. We go outside now and play like we are supposed to.

Maybe a good thing.

Wu

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    While I appreciate new events and its good to have something new and interesting to do here, (...) why does the final event reward always have to be a decoration? (..) Why can't it be like other events where you are offered a few rewards to choose from at the end, for example (...) an appearance perhaps??
    Agreed!!! I second this!! 
    really a skin? that is like a batman bandaid
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    overall I have quite enjoyed this new event. It has been nice to have gourmet farm used for an event and have liked the variety in the products required. 

however, it is not perfect, some things could really do with being changed ... in particular there are way too many tasks requiring the donation of products, at least some of these should be collect instead. If it stays this way it will probably make this event not worthwhile from a cost perspective, especially the higher difficulty levels. Also, there are no WWC event points showing & as it looked from the schedule that this is replacing the normal themed event I would have expected it to have points. 

edited 03.01.2018
    this is a much needed event but should NOT replace the other weekly event on the main farm - it should be open to all and not just co-ops or paying with gold for edge crops as the only alternative

no event points on the USA server as well. 

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    PCA (GB1) said:
    unless im missing a trick here, as im not in a coop how am i meant to get spruce? you can't buy it and im not able to plant edge crops.... did they say when they announced this it was a 'coop based' event?

only solutions for solo players: buy gold when the hot deal offering village items is active, or spend gold to buy edge plants in their basket offers 

well his mantra was 'dont do everything' so yeah, something else i wont be bothering with, and im guessing that will go for the new FF event as well, at least i'll know not to bother from the start with that one
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    PCA (GB1) said:

well his mantra was 'dont do everything' so yeah, something else i wont be bothering with, and im guessing that will go for the new FF event as well, at least i'll know not to bother from the start with that one

yeah, that's exactly what the man who does not own a glass said ......

Beside the obvious hurdles like spruce wood  and who knows what else, the various tasks involving donating items, rather than just producing items, have to be carefully evaluated. We need to decide if the rewards are worth the cost of all the materials we donate

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The cups needed is too high, even the mill making 99 donkey feed will only produce 76 cups.  The ratios are fine but the amount required needs to be lowered by 50%.  
    edited 04.01.2018
    The peaches and almond muffins donated costs hundreds of thousands of dollars.  They should make all tasks that require donating products give back a dollar reward greater than the value of the products donated.  The large amount of apples and milk on other themed events makes it not worth the time to do because it does not make any profit.  
  • It should pay, same as we got $ during Christmas prep donating to members lists.
    edited 04.01.2018
    It should pay, same as we got $ during Christmas prep donating to members lists.
    You found an even better idea:  Getting paid as you donate like the christmas event so players would not be worried about losing money for not completing the task.  It would be a good idea if completing a task gives a profit but no loss for not completing it.  
    It should pay, same as we got $ during Christmas prep donating to members lists.
    You found an even better idea:  Getting paid as you donate like the christmas event so players would not be worried about losing money for not completing the task.  It would be a good idea if completing a task gives a profit but no loss for not completing it.  
    you mean get paid like the Santa's list and get another ???k players banned :D
  • Piana (SKN1)Piana (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1
    Hello 

How do I get pine for the food truck event?

I use translate translation from Google if you think my English is badly written ..

I hope to use this thread that concerns the food truck
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 04.01.2018
    Hello 

How do I get pine for the food truck event?

I use translate translation from Google if you think my English is badly written ..

I hope to use this thread that concerns the food truck
    @piana (SKN1)  If you're not in a cooperative, you can't grow the edgeplants that they ask for in the event. That's a big problem for players in this event. :( You could start your own coop or join a coop that will let you in for just the event. 
    you mean get paid like the Santa's list and get another ???k players banned :D
    It should give the same amount as the sell value, exploitable bug needs to be fixed.  

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Several of the Main Farm events will cost a bit more than you earn, which is fair to get a decent deco with good happy points. Whoever did the numbers on the food truck  needs to go back to kindergarten , it costs a fortune in products and time for a middling deco , and this is only level 3, please recalculate, its a sensible event but the numbers are so far out that no-one will bother with it. 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    ok, so GGS has added WWC points to the Food truck event and to the Asia event (which is now over) but what about those that have completed tasks before the update,  where are our points?  Please credit our points for completing those tasks.

Thank you
    Doing the math, and seeing the drop rates, there is absolutely no way I can collect enough napkins to finish this event -- probably not even with an event booster, which is nowhere on the horizon. :(
    edited 05.01.2018
    The food truck does have VH 

also got event points 

edited 06.01.2018

The food truck appeared when I reached level 80.  
    The food truck requires too much barley and eggs for a level 80 player.  
    It would take more than a day to finish it.  
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Could we have this event require harvests rather than donations please?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

The food truck appeared when I reached level 80.  
    The food truck requires too much barley and eggs for a level 80 player.  
    It would take more than a day to finish it.  
    I think a level 80 player should be able to collect 1990 eggs easily in a day, barley would most likely be the more questionable requirement however it still sounds reasonably fair.
    And could the same be asked for the upcoming "Wedding Planner" event?
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    harvest take to long on flower farm not a good idea.
    edited 06.01.2018
    harvest take to long on flower farm not a good idea.
    I was asking for anything required to be "harvests" (meaning we get to keep the product), v. "donations" (meaning we don't.)  The Wedding Planner event already is set up for the Flower Farm, so who knows which items they will ask for.  Either way, you have to harvest whatever it is ... it will take the same amount of time.  Just asking that they ask for "collections" rather than "donations."
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I have tried to keep my negativity to myself with all that has been going wrong with the game these days and everything that could be fixed or addressed but hasn't yet.

But this new Food truck event is way off balanced.

They rewards are not equivalent to the amount of donations that must be made. 
    Increase the amount of rewards for each stage to balance the donations or have the Truck pay us for donations.

Adding donations halfway into the event, such as edge plants, where farmers must be in a co-op is totally out of bounds. Making it impossible to go any farther so all is wasted.
    A warning at the start of the event should have been posted that you'll need a co-op with a village bank.

We were all forced to do a level 3 event where some farmers cannot afford to donate all that produce only to receive a quality 5 deco with 80 HP and 7 VHP.
Sign In to comment.