Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Issues with Coop Chat & Messages

Comments

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    My messaging went haywire some months back, but I now use the stand-alone flash player and its fine, probably because these days browsers are dumping flash player
  • switching to stand alone Flash player helped me as well in typing and yes, browsers are getting hard on flash. Flash is gone in 2 years if some haven't heard.
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    My messaging went haywire some months back, but I now use the stand-alone flash player and its fine, probably because these days browsers are dumping flash player
    How do you find the stand-alone flash player xxx
  • Getting really tired of this happening at least once a day, particularly when there is a message from the leader. Any chance it will make the fix it list soon?

• @farmgirlmimi43 (US1) I agree it is very annoying :/

It is a known issue & even though it appears to happen a lot, it has proved difficult for the techs to deliberately reproduce it. For me it seems to happen when I have been logged in for a long time & relogging fixes it, but if you have any other suggestions for how to "make" it happen, please let us know & we can pass that on to the techs. :)
  • It happens a lot in our co-op as well.   ......Lag...LagLag...Lag    :#  

For me,  it seems it is worse the longer I have been on, and usually,  all I have to do is log off then back on.  If that doesn't cut it I will reboot altogether.  Now when sending a co-op message and there is lag I hit the ctrl, alt & delete, then cancel it and that will work most times to let me finish my task of writing.  But then there are the freezing times...I think it's fair to say it would be nice not to have to deal with it altogether.

I was looking forward to the new chat we tested.  There were some good ideas added...I haven't heard when they plan to implement it though,  anyone know  ?

• I was looking forward to the new chat we tested.  There were some good ideas added...I haven't heard when they plan to implement it though,  anyone know  ?
    @SANDRAUser60 (US1) It is still coming - This is what Dennis said about it in his live chat last November:

Daniel: Since we are on scheduling and planning and stuff, we've had a question from the Twitch users. So, they've had the new chat system, they got a little preview of that, on the test server. When can they kind expect to see more of these features come into the live servers? 

Dennis: The thing about the chat was, it wasn’t really complete, it actually had less functions than the old chat but in a new style, we wanna add all the other functions as well, that we got feedback for and it should have at least the functions that the current chat has, but even more. And we need some more development time for that because we ran into some problems with our legacy codes there, therefore it probably won’t come before the beginning of next year.

• @farmgirlmimi43 (US1) I agree it is very annoying :/

It is a known issue & even though it appears to happen a lot, it has proved difficult for the techs to deliberately reproduce it. For me it seems to happen when I have been logged in for a long time & relogging fixes it, but if you have any other suggestions for how to "make" it happen, please let us know & we can pass that on to the techs. :)

Okay. I've been paying attention to when it happens. Most often when I've been logged on but inactive for about six hours or more. Techs might want to try it.

• lycrafarm (NL1)lycrafarm (NL1) Posts: 7
    edited 01.09.2019
    Hello I get from 1 Member email but when i want to open them i get an id error.
    After that  the email is empty.
    We have tried but this is only from one member .

Ongeldige ID

Support-Info:
    Command: PBMessageReadMessageResponse
    ErrorCode: 3
    Timestamp: 1524939645
    Zone: 22
    PID:740089

This is what we get.
    What can it be?
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • @lycrafarm (NL1)  Annoying isn`t it :/

This is a known problem, which the techs are finding difficult to reproduce in order to find the cause. It seems to mostly occur when you have been logged in for a long time. Until they find a way to resolve it, all you can do is relog & that should fix it.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 01.09.2019
    Is anyone else receiving blank messages from GGS?  

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Is anyone else receiving blank messages from GGS?  

Yes. Probably due to this: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/178215/announcement-wwc-scores-coins
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Figures  :/
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    This made more sense than the others I have received from them
  • pcObelix (AU1)pcObelix (AU1) AU1 Posts: 6
    Did you not manage to find your invisible ink pen!

:D 
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 09.05.2018
    Yes, was informed by CM Hunter that it is due to the problem mentioned about this first week of WWC.

Invisible Ink.... I love it :)
  • fastpat (US1)fastpat (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    my chat stopped working, tried to refresh many times.....doesnt work, this morning my field would not let me plant....now no chat how do i fix!
  • One of my coop members contacted me this morning asking why she can't read messages, for a message from the system and one other coop member, it reads Invalid ID error code 3, do you have any idea why?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    One of my coop members contacted me this morning asking why she can't read messages, for a message from the system and one other coop member, it reads Invalid ID error code 3, do you have any idea why?
    Have them check which browser they are using.
    Here is some help with the best browsers for this game 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/173709/best-browsers-to-use-for-good-games#latest

Many are also finding good results from running a stand alone flash player
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158510/tech-tips-separate-flash-player#latest
  • I understand that certain browsers don;t do well with flash, but flash is used for the messaging?  usually it is more of a graphic thing.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Just restart Big Farm. That usually clears up the message error. I get that error almost every day if I don't restart for 8-10 hours.
  • Thanks for your input, I left her a message to restart more often, she does use chrome so it is not that.  II know I have to restart at least once a day or I get errors and my track pad wants to click instead of tapping, which is really a pain.
    Thanks for your input, I left her a message to restart more often, she does use chrome so it is not that.  II know I have to restart at least once a day or I get errors and my track pad wants to click instead of tapping, which is really a pain.
    A small warning that googles chrome uses the most resent flash player version (3.0) which does not run as well on this game as the previous version (2,9)
  • I actually use a different version of chrome, but not sure what my coop player has, chat is so cumbersome in this game only being able to type a paragraph at a time
    I actually use a different version of chrome, but not sure what my coop player has, chat is so cumbersome in this game only being able to type a paragraph at a time
    That is one area of the game that they are working on. We have tested a new type of chat on the test server. Which in some ways was better but it to had it's restrictions. One of the biggest complaints of this game beside the bugs/glitches is the chat & in game messages. Both do not allow a reasonable sized area to communicate help to needed players.
  • One of my coop members contacted me this morning asking why she can't read messages, for a message from the system and one other coop member, it reads Invalid ID error code 3, do you have any idea why?
    @GoldenrodFarm (US1) This has been a known issue since last year, it usually happens when you have been logged into your farm for a long time. If you coop member just relogs that should fix the problem.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 01.09.2019
    I got the following message when I wanted to reread a mail I had sendt. The mail opened, but it was empty. What I had written did not show.

Support-Info:
    Command:
    PBMessageReadMessageResponse
    Error-Code: 3
    Timestamp: 1545167455
    PID: 585715

Also I can´t seem to enter messages at chat. They won´t got through.

I use HTML.

Hope this is a short time problem.

Cheers :) 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Correction. I find I can post in chat again now :smile:
    But mail is still the same.

Cheers :smile:
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Screwed up message system happens to me occasionally too. I just reload the game and, so far, it has always fixed it.
Sign In to comment.