Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Food Truck" - Gourmet Farm Event

Sharon Lee (US1)Sharon Lee (US1) Posts: 22
edited 15.01.2018 in Most Discussed Topics
For weeks all we saw in the "newspaper" was that the food truck was coming, Why was it skipped over for the goldfish rescue? In the podcast they spoke of it and I was really looking foward to it. When will it come around please?
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I don't think it was "skipped over," just not ready to be launched.  They always announce things way ahead of actual release.  I personally am hoping they will take all the time they need to ensure it will be bug free and not mess up other components of the game.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I don't think it was "skipped over," just not ready to be launched.  They always announce things way ahead of actual release.  I personally am hoping they will take all the time they need to ensure it will be bug free and not mess up other components of the game.
    I totally agree!  We have enough bugs! (not including the cute little blue ones we chase after). :*:):o:D
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 07.01.2018
    Why is the development team not using the same "language" as in other missions when describing where items are obtained?

"Collect cardboard cups from production facilities" sounds similar to mill, silo,composter, lab and bakery - however i did not "see" any cardboard cups there

I did "see" cups from fields and ducks and goats not donkeys or orchards or any of the above production buildings

I mean come on it is "copy and paste" from other event instructions - new and confusing wording is not needed
    Post edited by JustMe (US1) on
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I do get paper cups from the mill, composter, silo, bakery and donkeys as well as fields (not sure about the orchards), not from the lab though, even when making premium goat feed.
    edited 02.01.2018
    I do get paper cups from the mill, composter, silo, bakery and donkeys as well as fields (not sure about the orchards), not from the lab though, even when making premium goat feed.
    I had full mill, silo, bakery composter - nothing              donkeys - nothing   orchards - nothing  

there is no reason to change the usual wording if all are included to not say "when harvesting and producing on your GF"  - I am sure I will be beyond this stage before my next full mill, bakery, silo or composter are ready again so won't be able to tell if it is a display issue
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 03.01.2018

Where is the food truck?  I am getting paper cups but do not know where they are going.

Edit  -  forget this, have found the truck :)

Post edited by bdreish (GB1) on
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Would be nice if they made the food truck easier to find instead of hidden behind a giant exclamation point.  ;)

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 02.01.2018
    That was the problem I had @farmerjohn22(US1).
    At some point we will be able to select levels like the other similar events?
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    looking at drop rate of carrots , do not think this event will feature on my to-do list in the future , this is only lvl 3 for a fairly ordinary deco  :/
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I am asking - why is this starting auto? No other themed does.
  • Aphreal (GB1)Aphreal (GB1) GB1 Posts: 24
    Total donations come to a cost of 830K farm dollars, one prize of farm cash 240k, for a mediocre decor, no thanks.
  • mine is still dropping cups even though i have them all.
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    13 items are to "donate"...Only 3 things are "find, or collect"...
    81% of what we're chasing will be donated items = the worlds most expensive deco... :(
    Very expensive deco by the time we get it, while also depleting resources usually reserved for more productive purposes, in my opinion. Spruce and Poplar come to mind immediately...I think I'll be passing on this event probably every time it shows up. Cost versus value just isn't there for me personally.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    After seeing the prizes for the new Food Truck Deco event, I do believe this is an event I will be scratching off my list. I have a lot better things to do with the profits from my bakery items then donate it for some bait I will never use or fishing XP I do not need.  Not sure who is in charge of the numbers lately but they need to stop being so stingy. 

The carrots drop from more than just fields.  Which is a good thing because the drop rate from fields is very low. 
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Carrots drop from most things on gourmet farm, just very few of them. I think the balancer is a bit wobbly on this one, seeing as the highest levels will need up to 16 times as many,  if the normal increase in each level that you get in these events is applied . Early days yet , corrections could arrive .
    At some point we will be able to select levels like the other similar events?
    I am guessing - mine auto-started on level 3 (didn't have to hunt for the truck) so would appear there are other levels

wasn't checking if the donations also added farm cash - if not one impressively expensive deco!  no VH either - which is both good and bad - depends on your need 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    When you first get a deco event on your farm it will start at level 3 and drops from first task will drop automatically. This will happen until you have unlocked the ability to choose a level. Maybe this is to help players that have never done deco events in case they do not click on the event right away.
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    Don't want to be in a Co-op.  Can't do spruce.  I will just ignore these new events from now on.
    It is a shame as I enjoyed the novelty of it.
    Don't want to be in a Co-op.  Can't do spruce.  I will just ignore these new events from now on.
    It is a shame as I enjoyed the novelty of it.
    "forcing" co-op participation to add peer pressure and competition and that is how GGS works - @tessa17     given the nature of the beast recently you can be at ease knowing it will be one glitch you don't have to encounter :D  
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    unless im missing a trick here, as im not in a coop how am i meant to get spruce? you can't buy it and im not able to plant edge crops.... did they say when they announced this it was a 'coop based' event?
  • theric (US1)theric (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Was looking forward to this new event. Then I find out 3/4 the way thru I need spruce. Not in a Co-op so I'm out. It would be nice to know in advance what farms /co-op are required for these events. 
  • The requirements have been up on Crazybigfarm for quite a while.
    Was looking forward to this new event. Then I find out 3/4 the way thru I need spruce. Not in a Co-op so I'm out. It would be nice to know in advance what farms /co-op are required for these events. 
    Even if you were in a coop, some of us are finding out that the spruce is more beneficial elsewhere than for this event -- too expensive to donate for "junkie" rewards.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    One of few way to earn spruce wood.

edited 03.01.2018
    You're welcome to join us for the duration.  No donations or participation in events is required.  Link to description is in my signature.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    While I appreciate new events and its good to have something new and interesting to do here, the thing that stands out to me is the average rewards. A lot of these rewards are not even worth the effort.

Another thing, why does the final event reward always have to be a decoration?? High level players already have A LOT of decorations scattered across their farms so there's little motivation to play this event. Why can't it be like other events where you are offered a few rewards to choose from at the end, for example seaweed, mystery boxes, an appearance perhaps??
    While I appreciate new events and its good to have something new and interesting to do here, the thing that stands out to me is the average rewards. A lot of these rewards are not even worth the effort.

Another thing, why does the final event reward always have to be a decoration?? High level players already have A LOT of decorations scattered across their farms so there's little motivation to play this event. Why can't it be like other events where you are offered a few rewards to choose from at the end, for example seaweed, mystery boxes, an appearance perhaps??
    I, like others, do need decos, even if to feed to Greta.  But I agree with you wholeheartedly that a choice would be very welcome.  It would be nice to complete appearance themes, for example, or be able to choose even gold or deco parts (skipping the middle man).
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    While I appreciate new events and its good to have something new and interesting to do here, (...) why does the final event reward always have to be a decoration? (..) Why can't it be like other events where you are offered a few rewards to choose from at the end, for example (...) an appearance perhaps??
    Agreed!!! I second this!! 
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    Need to donate a ton of things? Collect a ton of event item? 
Sign In to comment.