Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Viking / Northern Lights / Festive Farms!

Comments

• Just got up and saw the countdown timer.  Viking ends at 5am my time and the first bonus starts at 5am my time.  No chance of any bonus, all because I happen to live in the wrong timezone:(
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    Just got up and saw the countdown timer.  Viking ends at 5am my time and the first bonus starts at 5am my time.  No chance of any bonus, all because I happen to live in the wrong timezone:(
    No chance of any bonus & no response from anyone about the possibility of extending the event. It would be nice if they would acknowledge that the request has been made & give us an answer before the event ends.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We went through this the last few temp farms/happy hour.  It happens. Like Southern pointed out, it's the randomness thing.  Definitely needs working on.  
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I don't believe the boosters for events are random. The first time it came a day late a mod actually said that the end time was miscalculated. Plus every time a booster came too late it was starting as soon as the event ended & not 2 or 3 days later. I think the person setting the dates just doesn't know how to figure the different time zones into scheduling the boosters. I do believe the other boosters are random.

I doesn't really matter which is the case. What matters is that it gets fixed, & soon!
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    What is worse is the possibility that it is not a mistake, but more sinister- perhaps they do not like certain areas/peoples and have meant to exclude them? I would hope it is just plain stupidity.  The event boosters certainly seem to not be randomly picked- it is specific to the Viking Farm- see the runes as a symbol for the booster? If it was random it would have to have all the temp Temp Farm  symbols to cover them all in random picks. Hence since it is a rune symbol, it must have been put there with a purpose in mind.
  • What is worse is the possibility that it is not a mistake, but more sinister- perhaps they do not like certain areas/peoples and have meant to exclude them? I would hope it is just plain stupidity.  The event boosters certainly seem to not be randomly picked- it is specific to the Viking Farm- see the runes as a symbol for the booster? If it was random it would have to have all the temp Temp Farm  symbols to cover them all in random picks. Hence since it is a rune symbol, it must have been put there with a purpose in mind.
    I agree with you.  This gives those in Europe a distinct advantage to those in the the US.  Now if they put it for today(1 day before event ends), then everyone, throughout the world,  would get a chance to use it.

In the US1  server

but the INT1  server it shows:

Clearly, the international server has a 7 hour jump on the United States server.  International get's to use the first 2 boosters and I bet most servers get to use all three!    We (US1) get nothing.
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

this is really redicules to give us again a booster we cant us. It happened before and we complained but they didnt do anything with it.

i really hope we get a compensation for this. I have 45 million runestones on items

i could have get to the viking duck with the booster now i have to make another 20 million with ..... yes you get it GOLD...

it can happen 1 time but this is not the first time this happens so GGS what is the compensation!!!!!

• Connie999 (US1)Connie999 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

Can we get a comment from a moderator or an acknowledgement?  Wednesday's happy hour bonuses are useless without an island.   :(
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I have earned the themed stables from the temp farms before and they will probably cost tens of thousands of gold for most players to earn. This booster will give me a bonus of over 25 million runestones, with that I can buy over 200 tokens or over 3000 seaweed feed.

Another factor that hasn't been mentioned is that this will give servers advantages over other servers, since there are worldwide championship event points available in the hard work rewards, some players will be able to get better boosters compared to other players who might not even get the chance to use them. Then they will get extra points for the same amount of effort and improve their server ranking while the other players do not have the opportunity to do this.

So not only does this not allow certain players to get more rewards, but it also punishes their server for not being able to use them while other servers can.
  • what a joke its already bad enough some of us dont get to use the 80% and after reading some of the comments looks like some people wont even get to use it at all how can you have a situation thats so unfair im shaking my head in disbelief ive been here for 3 months and the amount of mess ups these guys make is ridiculous but this rune stone one is a real slap in face especially for the ones that dont even get to use it at all ? unreal  
  • The booster does not work properly.

I should have 30 966 251 stones after selling the penguins, but I only have 30 772 542 stones.

This is not acceptable.
  • Piwi (US1)Piwi (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    congrats for screwing your players yet again on your temporary farm booster !!!!!!!
    I ended up earning a 28,078,266 runestone bonus from the northern lights farm by using the 80% booster. But unfortunately nothing was done to allow other servers to use the booster as well.

I thought it would be relatively simple for them to extend the time limit of the northern lights farm since they have done this multiple times before? Why was this not done? It would have been able to resolve the main issue of a majority of the players not being able to sell their products with the booster.
  • I ended up earning a 28,078,266 runestone bonus from the northern lights farm by using the 80% booster. But unfortunately nothing was done to allow other servers to use the booster as well.

I thought it would be relatively simple for them to extend the time limit of the northern lights farm since they have done this multiple times before? Why was this not done? It would have been able to resolve the main issue of a majority of the players not being able to sell their products with the booster.
    The problem is that we (CMs & mods) do not get to see the boosters until the Monday & then it is too late to change them - We have asked that they not do the temp farm boosters on the last day, both because of the timezones & because a lot of players have demolished the farm by then. As this HH ends on Sunday & we do not yet know when it will return, we will try to get a better system of checking in place to stop it from happening again.  
    The problem is that we (CMs & mods) do not get to see the boosters until the Monday & then it is too late to change them - We have asked that they not do the temp farm boosters on the last day, both because of the timezones & because a lot of players have demolished the farm by then. As this HH ends on Sunday & we do not yet know when it will return, we will try to get a better system of checking in place to stop it from happening again.  
    Thank you for the reply, I understand that it was not possible to change the happy hour boosters. But why can the ending time not be extended? This was done for the goldfish event that just ended and also for the previous temporary farm.

Also, I do not understand why demolishing the temporary farm will be a reason to have the income booster be used earlier since lots of players like me were still producing on the last day and to use the booster you only need to sell what is in your inventory, not produce more things to sell. But having it at an earlier date to prevent the situation that just happened is a good idea. Perhaps an even better idea is to have the temporary farm's start and end time be dependent on the server time?
  • It only ever asks for the berries or fruits that are available to grow on the first page....

Been like this for me for the past few months now
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    When you start a temp farm it changes to the fruit of that farm.
  • So this will be like this until the candy farm comes or something?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    If you choose to start the next temp farm, it will change. If you don't start it, it won't change.
  • It only ever asks for the berries or fruits that are available to grow on the first page....

Been like this for me for the past few months now
    So this will be like this until the candy farm comes or something?
    @Psychopath (GB1) As John said, your ship will only change fruit if you start a different temporary farm. If you ship is currently asking for gooseberries, blackberries, rosehips & cloudberries, those are the ones you purchase from the Nordic trader with runstones from the Viking, Northern lights & Festive farms. As it now Xmas, the Festive farm will be the next one, so if you wish to change to a different set of fruits, you will have to wait until the next Tropical Island or Candy Farm comes along, depending on which ones you want.  Then you just complete the 2 tasks to unlock the farm (visit the farm & exchange cash in the bank) & the next time your ship arrives it will have the fruits for the farm you just unlocked.
    I think we are having this issue again, the runestone income booster will arrive after the festive farm ends for a lot of servers. Please make sure you get the timing right in the future, it is sad that lots of players will not be able to use this booster due to the day it was put on.
  • ninjahuman, this has happened every time they have had a booster for the temp farms. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt the 1st few times it happened, but now I am of the opinion that it has to be a deliberate design. Why they have something set up that they know will upset their player base is beyond me, but they seem to delight in doing it.

Regardless of what they say, it has become painfully obvious over the last few months that GGS has no interest in what their player want or think in regards to this game. If it wasn't for my friends in my coop, I would be very tempted to just quit playing.

to those at GGS your actions speak louder than your words. You have turned a delightful game into a nightmare of competitions full of bugs. If your ultimate goal is to destroy this game, then you are doing a bang up job of it
    ninjahuman, this has happened every time they have had a booster for the temp farms. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt the 1st few times it happened, but now I am of the opinion that it has to be a deliberate design. Why they have something set up that they know will upset their player base is beyond me, but they seem to delight in doing it.

Regardless of what they say, it has become painfully obvious over the last few months that GGS has no interest in what their player want or think in regards to this game. If it wasn't for my friends in my coop, I would be very tempted to just quit playing.

to those at GGS your actions speak louder than your words. You have turned a delightful game into a nightmare of competitions full of bugs. If your ultimate goal is to destroy this game, then you are doing a bang up job of it
    Yes, this has occurred three out of the four temporary farms where the income booster has been available. Even when it was available on the candy farm, it was not very useful to the players who were donating to the candy palace instead. The difference of one day has caused players to lose out on the benefit of earning millions of extra runestones. I have even relied on this booster to get the northern lights duck coop from the previous temporary farm. I think they need to confirm to us that this will be fixed so we can use it next time, it is incredibly disappointing that this happens again and again.
  • Hi guys! Does anyone know at what time this temporary farm ends? It seems that this time it will end sooner than usual.
    Hi guys! Does anyone know at what time this temporary farm ends? It seems that this time it will end sooner than usual.
    It will end around the same time the festive farm will end, so unfortunately again lots of servers will miss out on the runestone income booster.
  • Festive farm? What is it?
    Festive farm? What is it?
    Festive farm is the temporary farm that is currently running, it normally runs once a year in December. It is similar to the viking farm or the northern lights farm but it has more of a festive theme. Unfortunately some of the viking handbooks do not work on this farm.
  • Oh, that's what you meant. But I want to know the exact time when it will leave. On our server we noticed that the counter timer was updated earlier than usual.
    Oh, that's what you meant. But I want to know the exact time when it will leave. On our server we noticed that the counter timer was updated earlier than usual.
    Unfortunately we cannot know what the exact ending time is until there is less than 24 hours to go. I think it normally ends at about 12:00 pm CET time. It could be a different time, but it appears to be around that time most frequently. It would be very nice for them to add the exact ending time in the future.
  • Piwi (US1)Piwi (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 28.12.2017
    So disappointing that nothing was fixed for ALL players to utilize the Happy hour runestone booster. With less than 17 hours to go ( on our timer), and no answer from any of our " higher powers" ... looks like we are SOL again !!!!
Sign In to comment.