Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Santa´s workshop

Why can I get only one item for day?

Comments

• NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I donated goods to hit the top value before spinning the wheel. When I hit the donate button for the last items needed the value dropped back down to 3. I ended up winning a low value deco I have no use for after donating a lot of stuff.
  • It isn't letting me spin again except with gold. I'm not using gold. I waited the hour and there's no level I can spin again. Others in the coop are experiencing the same problem.
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    You can only spin for donations once every 24 hours. In between it gives you the option to "wake up santa" for gold to spin again. The cost is very high so I won't be doing that. That is how it was last year.

But on the first stage I did donate enough for level 9 but only got a level 3 prize. Unless this gets fixed pronto I won't be doing that again. I have been saving goods for months to play this event & now this happens?
  • aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    We are supposed to be able to donate as many times and as many items as we want to it before we spin it . Mine will not let me donate to it. And I didn't spin it yet .  I was trying to reach a higher level for the deco . We are supposed to be able to build up the level by donating items .
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Hello, I am also having an issue with Santa's workshop. I donated to decoration quality 9 and spun the wheel, receiving the christmas locomotive decoration that is in the picture below. I have waited one hour for the wheel to cool down, however I am not able to spin again. I understand if one hour is too short but it appears to be some kind of issue, I am not even allowed to skip it with gold and it doesn't mention anywhere when I will be able to spin again.

Also I have heard that I have to donate every time I want to spin the wheel, don't I only donate the first time and then spin the wheel for the same quality without donating again?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Hello, I am also having an issue with Santa's workshop. I donated to decoration quality 9 and spun the wheel, receiving the christmas locomotive decoration that is in the picture below. I have waited one hour for the wheel to cool down, however I am not able to spin again. I understand if one hour is too short but it appears to be some kind of issue, I am not even allowed to skip it with gold and it doesn't mention anywhere when I will be able to spin again.

Also I have heard that I have to donate every time I want to spin the wheel, don't I only donate the first time and then spin the wheel for the same quality without donating again?
    1st - Reload the game. Always the first step when something is hinky.

2nd - You can only spin the wheel once every 24 hours FOR FREE. Once you spin the wheel, a 24 hour countdown will start, and the wheel will automatically set itself to Level 9. You can then pay the ~300k gold to immediately spin for a Level 9 decoration (without having to donate anything), or you can wait until the timer runs out (usually in about an hour), then the wheel will set itself to Level 8.

You can then pay the gold (~250k or whatever it is) to immediately spin for a Level 8 Decoration without having to donate anything OR you can donate stuff to get it back up to Level 9.

The wheel progresses downwards in the manner, from level 8, to Level 7, to Level 6, etc. When it reaches Level 2 (in 24 hours), you can then spin the wheel for free again (or donate to get the quality up).

You can also reset the wheel directly to a specific quality by clicking on the buttons I've highlighted below:

You can set the wheel immediately after spinning to Quality Level 2 for instance, and it will only cost around ~1,000 gold to unlock the wheel - but you'll have to donate to build the quality back up. This is a fairly inexpensive way to unlock the wheel if you don't want to wait the full 24 hours.

1st - Reload the game. Always the first step when something is hinky.

2nd - You can only spin the wheel once every 24 hours FOR FREE. Once you spin the wheel, a 24 hour countdown will start, and the wheel will automatically set itself to Level 9. You can then pay the ~300k gold to immediately spin for a Level 9 decoration (without having to donate anything), or you can wait until the timer runs out (usually in about an hour), then the wheel will set itself to Level 8.

You can then pay the gold (~250k or whatever it is) to immediately spin for a Level 8 Decoration without having to donate anything OR you can donate stuff to get it back up to Level 9.

The wheel progresses downwards in the manner, from level 8, to Level 7, to Level 6, etc. When it reaches Level 2 (in 24 hours), you can then spin the wheel for free again (or donate to get the quality up).

You can also reset the wheel directly to a specific quality by clicking on the buttons I've highlighted below:

You can set the wheel immediately after spinning to Quality Level 2 for instance, and it will only cost around ~1,000 gold to unlock the wheel - but you'll have to donate to build the quality back up. This is a fairly inexpensive way to unlock the wheel if you don't want to wait the full 24 hours.

Thank you, I thought once I donated I just had to wait for 24 hours to spin it again at the same quantity. Now I understand the description but it will be a little bit sad to donate to it everytime. But it still has very good quality decorations.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Can anyone tell me how this event is supposed to work? I Spun the first time and got a deco. Since then it has been counting down it was down to zero when I clicked on it but now 4 hours more are counting down and no oppertunity to donate or spin.  Whats going on? Am I missing something?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Can anyone tell me how this event is supposed to work? I Spun the first time and got a deco. Since then it has been counting down it was down to zero when I clicked on it but now 4 hours more are counting down and no oppertunity to donate or spin.  Whats going on? Am I missing something?
    Nope, you're not missing anything.  Mine has been counting down since yesterday morning with no signs of stopping.  And, I have yet to be given the opportunity to donate anything.
    edited 24.12.2017
    Nope, you're not missing anything.  Mine has been counting down since yesterday morning with no signs of stopping.  And, I have yet to be given the opportunity to donate anything.
    Click on the number "2" as indicated by the arrow.

Check the Timer.

When that timer expires, that's when you can donate and spin (for free) again.

Check the Timer.

I realize that.  It's been "counting down" for over 30 hours now.  Won't budge.  Poor Santa is stuck in a time warp. :)

Check the Timer.

I realize that.  It's been "counting down" for over 30 hours now.  Won't budge.  Poor Santa is stuck in a time warp. :)
    That would be difficult, considering the workshop has only been here 21 hours so far.

Check the Timer.

That would be difficult, considering the workshop has only been here 21 hours so far.
    Well, that would explain it ....LOL!  *banging head on desk*

Check the Timer.

So did it finally reset and let you spin & donate for free again?
  • I've kinda figured out how to play this and now have gotten to level 8.  But wondering, does anyone know what is the best deco at this level. 

Or even a list of what is available?  And details of the deco's, as I can see the happy values, but not how much space it takes up, which is just as or even more important. 

Thanks
  • Merry Christmas:)

Check the Timer.

So did it finally reset and let you spin & donate for free again?
    LOL, yes, such a goober am I.  I thought I had spun the first time in the morning.  Some of the "flowers" part of the donation are messed up.  Wrong names given to what's shown in the graphics.   I was afraid to donate anything in case it took the wrong thing.  Sloppy work. Very sloppy work.
    edited 25.12.2017
    I've kinda figured out how to play this and now have gotten to level 8.  But wondering, does anyone know what is the best deco at this level. 

Or even a list of what is available?  And details of the deco's, as I can see the happy values, but not how much space it takes up, which is just as or even more important. 

Thanks
    @sally456 (US1)

Agreed, and no - there's no way to know the size of the decoration in the Wheel itself; you'd need to close the wheel, then check the deco tower to see their size, then go back to and spin the wheel.
  • I've kinda figured out how to play this and now have gotten to level 8.  But wondering, does anyone know what is the best deco at this level. 

Thanks
    @sally456 (US1)

Agreed, and no - there's no way to know the size of the decoration in the Wheel itself; you'd need to close the wheel, then check the deco tower to see their size, then go back to and spin the wheel.
    Thanks Southern.

But yuck. What a pain in the neck to do all that:(
    Maybe one day I'll make a list of deco's
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The best decoration comes down to taste of the player. Some will be after a good combination on happiness and village happiness values, others after efficient happiness value in terms of size, others basing it simply on looks.

Even though this event for the most part is an absolute ripoff in my opinion curiousity killed the cat and I started donating just to see what level 9 decorations were on offer. It was a very average collection and straight away I started kicking myself for wasting resources because there was only 1 decoration in there worth getting.....luckily for me I happened to spin it up, the frozen crystal palace. I won't be doing that again because chances are I won't be that lucky next time.
  • I'm after the "efficient happiness value in terms of size", but I've also noticed that even though I've gone up in levels in this event, it will still show deco's that are not worth the effort.  
    edited 26.12.2017
    I would recommend that a confirmation pop up should appear when we spin for the decoration, I accidentally clicked on the wrong button and spun for a quality level 7 decoration instead of donating to reach a quality level 9 decoration.
  • Don't bother donating it's just a rip off.  Donate to get higher level and end up with a lower level decoration than you worked hard for.
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Don't bother donating it's just a rip off.  Donate to get higher level and end up with a lower level decoration than you worked hard for.
    Yep, it's fail event... just use the daily spin to get lower decorations to recycle/dismantle in the purple truck of the Landscape Architect for decoration parts to spend on upgrading your good decorations.

• Is there a way do donate the spare boats to the workshop, i cant see them on my lists.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    One thing i hate about this game is they add stuff like the santa's workshop and never tell you how to play it, if you cant take the time dont add stuff !!
  • WiseWing (FormerMod)WiseWing (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 267
    @uksharon (GB1)
    Santa's wheel is an old event that runs for a third time know. Here is the announcement when it is first introduced. Got changed a bit from then, but you will get the idea:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/141862/update-dec-21st-santas-wheel

Thank you i left the game for a year so i have not seen it before
    edited 11.12.2018
    ok done what is says, i added some items, spun, got a decoration and it brought up a timer for when i can add or spin again, timer ran out i watched it so i could spin again but it gave me no option to add or spin, it just said i was too late try to be faster, same for another person in the coop, this as to be the worst thing added. As you can see no timer, and nothing to do with it no spin ??

or is it expecting me to pay gold for a decoration ??? because if it is im no way paying approx £50 to get a random decoration.
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    on czech forum the payer mentions the same problem- instead the timer there is just a dash.
    i avoided the game always before christmas, because i couldn't do santa's list last couple years, so this feature is completely new to me. i spun the wheel for the first time and got rid of useless dollar mining licences. yay! :)
Sign In to comment.