Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

AGAIN GGS' apology just isn't good enough

AGAIN, GGS' apology just isn't good enough.

GGS may very well have a balance in mind when they plan every event in the game, and they don't want that balance disrupted. I get that.

That's all well and good, BUT we, the players, have no control over the many glitches you, GGS, put into the game. Nor do we have control when those glitches cost us huge amounts of gold, cash, special seeds, seaweed, etc. We just have to take it when you say sorry and here is another lousy deco and other pitiful compensations and those said compensations don't come close to what we lost playing your game.

Our coops lose gold and cash in boosters countless times when events are ended, and we are told they won't be compensated. Again, too bad on us.

But then, a glitch by GGS, happens to benefit players and boy oh boy does the dung hit the fan!! No player cheated. No player was dishonest. No player caused any glitch. But players were punished, yes, like toddlers sent into time out, for GGS' mistake.

This was wrong on so many levels.

Nope, that apology wasn't close to being good enough.

Comments

• anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    Congratulations GGS

One of my coop members logged in today to find she had a 72 hour ban for unknown reasons.  She sent a message through facebook to say that she doubts she will be back. We lost a good player and a friend. You lost a gold buyer.

• I'm getting sick and tired being robbed. "S" Deco's with no value only to be trashed. Placing the gold certificates so far away that one must spend an inordinate amount of real money for gold only to not come close to the certificates.

GGS needs to wake up and smell the roses because they managed to make a lot of people unhappy and that isn't what you want from your customers.

Stop the rip-off.

I'm just about ready to delete my account 
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    .... and one of my players just called to tell me that her game locked up just now while she was playing, and when she tried to get back in, she has a 72 hour ban.  I thought you were getting rid of the bans, not adding more?  Are you sure you communicated this to the guy actually doing it?  She says she may come back after the holidays.

You guys are doing awesome, you've hit the two biggest gold buyers in our little coop.  Keep working on that mobile version, it may wind up being the only one left with players.  
  • FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    Well said @marywisc (US1) . Couldn't agree more. When a glitch hurts the players, it's "oh well. We're sorry. No, you can't have any of your gold or $ or super seeds back." But when a glitch helps the players and doesn't hurt GGS in any way, we get all of our cash taken away, we get temporary bans that are rescinded, but after our farms have already been hurt, and we get treated as if we are cheaters. 

Yes, I made cash selling goods at an inflated price due to a glitch GGS created. Yes, I spent some of that cash. But I didn't cheat anyone out of anything. I played the game as it was presented to me.

Why are we punished for GGS' error?

• I definately wasn't expecting to be banned either. I noted an extra 20% in farm dollars, but in no way did I utilize that extra amount. I even search to see what I accidentally sold, wasn't anything gone. And the money was returned to GGS thin air in the afternoon.

Anyone that knowingly sold more of an item (I have no clue what it was) to gain extra farm dollars and then utilized those dollars did exploit a game bug. Those people according to terms of service could earn discipline, but it seems GGS was too lazy to correctly identify true exploiters from those that merely sold something and were incorrectly credited.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I have no doubt that other games companies are watching this, the latest fubar in quite a long line, with great interest. This latest  juvenile  knee-jerk response to a problem of their own making has probably been the worst yet for GGS .
    No doubt , other farming games will soon appear , and unless GGS removes digits from posteriors, they won't just lose the odd player, whole coops will defect .
     This sort of game has in , marketing terms, a sticky customer base which means people do not like to change .Many more foul ups, this customer will be definitely be getting more unglued .
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

well said marywisc

the list of bugs and stupid mistakes are getting very long. And when we have lost a lot due to bugs we dont get proper compensation but now the bug was in favour of us they take it back and give bans? And people who used gold to have more goods to sell and earned so extra money did they get the gold back? guess not.

It is getting clearer and clearer that this game is in the hands of children who dont have a clue what they doing.

an apology in words is not good enough anymore. Work on the bugs and give us a good compansation. 100,000 gold for everyone would be a good apology.

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    GGS continually takes advantage of it's player data base.  Constantly pushing gold sales, refusal to add a gold lock, refusal to refund accidental gold use, changing whatever elements of the game they want at will with no notice such as the DSF prices, and continually putting out untested broken events. Omar taking gold instead of lucky tokens, I wonder how many did not notice or did not report it to get their gold back. Players constantly not receiving prizes that should have been awarded. The list goes on and on of bugs that are in GGS's favor.

However, this last fiasco has really showed GGS's true colors.  They do not like it when they are taken advantage of, they do not like it when a player actually takes advantage of a bug instead of being hurt by it. They do not want the players having any type of gain for fear of loss of gold sales. 

However, they have absolutely no problem taking advantage of the players due to bugs. 

And when the bug is not in their favor, they halt everything immediately and fix it. 
  • gordon3 (US1)gordon3 (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 22.12.2017
    The problem with these so called "sincere" apologies is that they are never matched with action. We've had promises of improvement like that in the past, nothing got improved, things are worse then ever. On top of that banning players for bugs which GGS produces with incredible speed like on production line is just sick, bad taste, and poor morals plus repulsive management skills. It suggest that management of this game is composed of immature and insecure, potentially evil people. Wise and skillful managers don't make such hot headed, childish mistakes. If anything, it gives a glimpse into an atmosphere in the team and into how they think about us, their customers.
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    edited 22.12.2017
    Having read reviews about GGS written by employees past and present, it confirms what a lot of players have suspected for some time...Top management doesn't know what it's doing.  I won't say any more but will add that I don't now how much longer I can support this game.
    Post edited by Val C (GB1) on
  • momrulz (US1)momrulz (US1) Posts: 162
    edited 22.12.2017
    yep, sure are some sorry critters around these farms.

@CM_Hunter, you are now suggesting that, in the future, it is the players responsibility to know there's a bug, and to avoid using game features, for fear of a ban.....

so....if you don't read the forums you might not know, you cannot punish your player community for simply playing the game as it appears.  Period.  And i wish i knew what items caused this problem for you??  I didn't make any huge amounts of unexpected dollars that i know of.....

@Val C (GB1), i have been aggravated, and sometimes amused by all the problems....but I keep playing :)
    in some ways, it's kinda like watching a train wreck.... you know it's gonna be bad, you know you shouldn't look, so you cover your eyes, but then you peek through a crack in your fingers. morbid curiosity.

i keep coming back just to peek.... 
    Post edited by momrulz (US1) on
  • Such a sad situation GGS has created here from what used to be a "fun game on the internet" 

It is no longer that, it has become frustrating and totally disrespectful of it's formerly supportive players

To treat people this way is not only unfair and demeaning, but also so morally wrong in so many ways

I have been for years now a supportive member, stating we can only "play the game as it's presented to us"

Apparently, that is no longer the case anymore as we did just that.......played the game as it was presented

For doing that we got deceived, mistreated and robbed of not only mythical money.....but REAL cash money

I can find no possible rational way to defend GGS on this one, so mishandled from start to finish.....so sad

I can only hope that GGS can rest well with this on their conscious, it's got to be a heavy burden to bare

Take care my friends, i'm hoping someday Big Farm can return to being that.....fun game on the internet   : )

~Rick~

• Janney (INT1)Janney (INT1) INT1 Posts: 25
    this is not fun game any more ,and this is 2much for me and my wife...2nd time we dont get licences for hwe and so much more... we will play this game now just a small amont of time coz of friends ,just that...
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    GGS - let's hope that 2018 is a better year for this game. These "bugs", disruptions and failed events have been horrible this year.  :p:p:p  
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    All I can hope for is that the new merger deal will bring more experienced people to the design table to work out the bugs.  This is what is seems to be what is currently happening: Picture this scenario - a car with problems needing repair. (Note: I am comparing the broken car with broken events).  One mechanic sees the hood of the car won't shut and keeps flapping up so the driver can't see out to drive.  So than mechanic finds bit and pieces of wire and other scraps and presto - fix! Yippee. The mechanic slams the hood closed and then the front doors pop off.  So the mechanic rushed around to reattach the doors, he finds ill-fitting bolt, but drills the holes so the bolts will work and presto - the doors are reattached.  The mechanic shuts the doors and the back tires come off! Grrrr....so the mechanic searches for a hydraulic car jack to try to reattach the tires, but it is missing...Grrrr....so he finds cement blocks and a 2x4 board and lifts the one side of the car so he can reattach the tire....he does the same thing for the other side.  Just as they are attached and the 2x4 board is removed so the car bounces that side to the ground, the windows all pop out. AACCK! So the mechanic rushes into his house to see if he can find some scotch tape and cement glue to fix the windows back in their place....now he has to wait 23 hrs for the glue to dry.  The next day, he goes out to check the car and he notices that the steering wheel and gear shift are laying on the floor of the front seat.......on and on and on it goes.....

This is what it feels like to me is happening with our "broken" events.  When will it ever end?
  •                Merry Christmas Everyone 
  • GGS is always looking to blame others. Never themselves. 

When they admit their own mistakes, maybe they will be able to grow past their infantile state of minds.

• hi all : )
    with all thats gone on, and all thats not right,
    just had the feeling i had to write,
    please put your feet up, relax and enjoy,
    an ode to ggs, oh boy, oh boy.!!
    lol
    to you my friends with a big red bow on it  : )

The Night Before Christmas on Big Farm

Twas the night before Christmas, when all thru the game
    not a bug was a stirring, cuz it wasn't the same,
    the missions completed, tired and worn,
    the bugs were all resting, amidst ggs scorn
    the farmers were nestled all snug in there beds,
    while visions of farm dollars danc'd in their heads,
    and ggs rescinded, the ban that was not,
    farmers hoping for farm dollars, what a long shot,
    when out in the barnyard there rose such a clatter,
    we sprang to our keyboards, what's the matter?
    tore thru the missions, and fed all the cows,
    thinking this this will be fixed, some way some how,
    when what to our wondering eyes should appear ...
    another bugged event ! oh no! oh dear !
    with ggs never, acting ever so quick,
    to fix these bugs, hey do they need a kick !
    now farmers, now cows, now chickens and a duck,
    we are sitting here thinking, does ggs really give a  
    while we are good farmers, collecting snowballs,
    ggs yells now, ban them ! ban them !  ban them all !
    and out into cyberspace, they all flew,
    we'll keep their farm dollars, and the gold too !
    then in a twinkling, we heard on the roof,
    the prancing an pawing of each little hoof,(another ggs glitch, lol)
    as farmers were slowly allowed to return
    the cows were awaiting, looking quite stern
    and the farmers were waiting for some kind of sign
    ggs thinking ... it's mine, all mine,
    as they filled up the sleigh on the way to the bank
    not really caring if the game's gonna tank
    and the farmers were sad on this once happy day.
    thinking again, ggs would fix it .... some way,
    the farms are now broke,
    the game is a joke,
    and again we do say, ggs fix it ...
    some how, some way,
    that's fair and equitable to all, and not just a few,
    with all the bugs, we played ... who knew ?
    we are good farmers, just give us a chance
    the game is in shambles, well it was at last glance
    for the sake of the cows, the pigs and the duck
    they're sitting there thinking oh no -- more bad luck
    just want to be fed, and be put to bed,
    to wake up in the morning ... not seeing red ( another ggs glitch  lol )
    so ggs, please ponder, just for a bit,
    cuz we are all thinking you don't give a 
    here's to you in the up coming year,
    get rid of the bugs, have no fear !
    please take the time to get the events working right ,
    your happy farmers will farm all night !!! 
    and the farmers awoke on a bright xmas morn,
    to find that big farm had been reborn !!
    the bugs were all gone, and the accounts were all fixed.
    rubbing their eyes... this must be a trick !!
    the farmers rejoiced and celebrated with delight,
    thinking its about time ggs got it right !!
    as they looked at the farms, they shed a tear,
    ggs loves us. .... they want us here !!
    oh what happy farmers we would be ....
    if we could find this under the xmas tree !!!
    happy holidays  : )
  • you go girl rofl, do really believe in SANTA
  • Merry Christmas to all and the very best in the New Year !!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file