Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 13th/14th - New Themed Events and More! - Discussion

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Brave post Shay......in all honesty if I was awake and the sell price glitch came my way I would have deliberately taken advantage of it as well. We have had to play broken events that mostly favor GGS for months now and when players finally get a bug that favors them and take advantage of it they are labelled as cheats and the glitch gets fixed FAST. Pity that same urgency isn't applied to fixing other bugs, namely the ones that favor GGS

• I see an announcement that similar prohibitions could happen in the future.
    Excuse me, but that's not logical.
    If there is a mistake in the game, then this is not a player's fault ... 
    Fix the game, not the players :))
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I'll sum this up very simply:

Player accidentally spends 50,000 gold on something they don;t want due to a misclick or error,... GGS reaction is "be more careful next time because it was YOUR mistake to click the trolley"

GGS accidentally mess up a code in the game that gives the player much much more farm dollars when selling items.......My reaction, "be more careful next time GGS because it was YOUR mistake"

Spare me the fairness drivel, The player finally benefits from something and now GGS claims its unfair. 

Luckily I slept though this entire debacle so I don;t have to worry about this issue but banning players because of something YOU did wrong is ridiculous. You have been fleecing players of their gold and real money for years through accidental purchases and mistakes yet now that the shoe is on the other foot all of a sudden its all unfair. I'm not one of the players affected, neither is anyone in my team but I still felt the need to put in my 2 cents worth here.
    ggs did not say it was unfair to them but to other players, which it would have been if left uncorrected
    Gizmo is right here.  GG be more careful this was YOUR mistake. 

As for it being "unfair to other players"   ONLY because there has been so much player against player, coop against coop competition added to this game.   I really wish there were NO competitions at all here.
    Just work towards upgrading your farm, work towards helping your coop.   And then if GG makes a mistake and a few people get a winfall, SO WHAT?  It will be fun for those who did, and those who didn't would probably never know the difference.  

These high pressure competition events are not fun.  (At least not for me and most of my coop.) 
    AND…. they rarely (if ever) work.  The Christmas event was bad LAST YEAR.  Why it was brought back is just pure greed.  But then in mid stream they had to stop it because as usual, it was BROKEN.
    Then for some unexplainable reason (well.. greed again)  it was brought BACK.  This time I completely ignored it but just come here and read the forums.  Complaints about insane numbers to meet and short time periods, then times shortened, other events not working right along with this one, hot fix after hot fix,
    but oh THEY make yet another in a stack of mistakes and a few lucky people make extra farm bucks, (artful mentioned and I play the same, I get on her and clickity click.  I wouldn't have even noticed.)  If it's honey cream, I tend to let my barns stay full and sell off the excess.  If that were a huge amount?  I'd never even notice.

But because of their own mistake they punish players by banning them?

I'm still scratching my head over that.   People who have played for YEARS?  Just arbitrarily get a 72 hour time out for being bad?

Maybe GG is trying to clear out their server space.  Instead of brining in new customers, they need to make room.  

Or maybe management is just plain clueless.  (I thank goodness this is just a game.)

Frankly I'm almost afraid to play now.  I might cash in, get too much, not notice so not tell anyone, and find myself banned.
    Yup, I found other stuff to do this morning.   Very carefully just harvesting and planting my farms now and I'm out.  No missions or anything.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    NIce work GGS ) Some players who used the bug bought all farm upragrades with few minutes!!
    And people who don't used the bug must wait few YEARS to buy them!  :):):):):):)
    So what?   Someone upgraded something and HOW does that effect YOUR farm?

It does not.  It might matter in a competition which is why I'm against it on this game.  Go play empire or some other war game if you like competition.  This game started out a simple farm game of balance.  Not who can beat who.   

If they kept to that model it would not matter to anyone if some got free stuff.  Be happy for them.  As if they won the lottery.  
  • Yeah, does anyone even realize the real problems with this? There's a bit of a tiering system when it comes to bans as follows: first offense, 12 hr ban, second offense, 24 hr ban, third offense, 72 hr ban, and fourth offense, permanent ban. The problem here is those bans are on a six month cycle according to what I read and have been told, and guess what happens if the server remembers these bans and that glitch happens again before may? Yep, GOOD BYE TO 4.000 PLAYERS!!!! That's garbage, and except for those who intentionally exploited the glitch, that's a bit harsh for a small mistake or not even knowing the glitch existed. We've already lost a member of our co-op that I'm in from quitting, how many other players are going to leave from this trash? Especially when combining this with the latest cascade failures that took place? Seriously, are they even putting effort in this at this point? (I know they are, but still, that's how it feels at this point.) If GGS fixes the server's memory of that ban, that's good. And more so, as for other's posts above, no. Sorry, but there's PvP here, whether you like it or not. Don't like it, go play Empire. Second, you forgot the fact that missions have always been a part of this game. Granted, you could avoid them like the plague, but they were still there. And you guys should REALLY be careful about openly saying you'd exploit the bug. If this were empire, you'd be gone really fast. You had better hope that doesn't carry over to bigfarm, And Artmaker, I'm not exactly "happy" for those that gained from this. Despite the heavy penalty that could come from the bans, they still gained, and if GGS wipes the server's memory of those bans, then they basically get nothing BUT a slap on the wrist for something that drastically skews the competitions. Can't wait to see how that pans out (more failures to complement that last month of them) This is exactly why I HATE DSF. Makes too much money in too little time. Even in it's current state, it's too much in my eyes. GGS, PLEASE fix this game. Don't add new stuff, and shift as much focus as you can to fixing the game. I love new content as much as the next decent and mellow person does, but these bugs are too deadly to ignore now.
  • greygal (US1)greygal (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 22.12.2017
    For those of you stating the farm dollars are "fake money," "not real," etc.:  You are incorrect.  Farm dollars are "in-game" money and they have a real-world value, a value that can be converted to non-cyber currencies, such as US dollars, Euros, etc.

Farm dollars are just another representation and accounting of "real" money.  Very simple example:  If I spend US$10.00 to buy 10 gold, then use that gold to buy 10 farm dollars, those farm dollars have a real-world value of US$1.00 each.

"But I don't buy gold, I just harvest and sell and get my farm dollars for free."  In-game currencies are never free.  Your time has value.  Very simple example:  You earn US$10.00 per hour working.  In game, it takes you one hour to earn 10 farm dollars harvesting and selling crops.  Those farm dollars are, therefore, worth US$1.00 each in the value of your time. (NB: This is why bots are banned in most games, because they destroy the time value of the game's currency, and by extension, the real-world value of the game's currency.)

If you have a bug where suddenly, people can acquire hundreds of millions, even billions, of farm dollars for essentially nothing, then not only have you decimated the real world currency value of those farm dollars, but also destroyed the time value of those dollars. This will collapse the economy of the game in short order, which will then extend to collapsing the real-world value of that game.

Once a game's economy ceases to have a real-world value, it ceases to be viable.

THIS is why GGS absolutely had to take action, whether you agree with the actions or not, they could not leave the situation the way it was.  This bug and the exploitation of it was absolutely game breaking.  

It's basic economics, and there's tons of treatises and stuff out there on game theory and its application to game economies and how they interplay with "real world" economies. It's really quite fascinating stuff.  

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment

Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • I am waiting.....waiting still and I am trying very hard to be patient.  I have contacted GGS through Support, through the "Tell Us What You Think" icon button, and I have contacted the mods.  I have not heard anything back.  If Santa is gagging over the pasta gift baskets I have been requested to give him, then for goodness sake have Santa ask me for something else...Let's get this show on the road!  In case anyone missed it here are the screen shots: This first shot shows what is in my barn, the second one shows the donation button for Santa greyed out, the 3rd screen shot show that Santa is requesting pasta gift baskets (note, it is the second set of requests.  The 1st one I was able to fill with no problem).
    Hate to ask an obvious question... but have you tried clearing your browser's cache, and logging out and in of the game? The last time I had a similar issue, this worked for me.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I am waiting.....waiting still and I am trying very hard to be patient.  I have contacted GGS through Support, through the "Tell Us What You Think" icon button, and I have contacted the mods.  I have not heard anything back.  If Santa is gagging over the pasta gift baskets I have been requested to give him, then for goodness sake have Santa ask me for something else...Let's get this show on the road!  In case anyone missed it here are the screen shots: This first shot shows what is in my barn, the second one shows the donation button for Santa greyed out, the 3rd screen shot show that Santa is requesting pasta gift baskets (note, it is the second set of requests.  The 1st one I was able to fill with no problem).

You've got a fellow sufferer, also with pasta gift baskets!
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/169430/personal-quest-showing-0-0#latest

• LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    I am waiting.....waiting still and I am trying very hard to be patient.  I have contacted GGS through Support, through the "Tell Us What You Think" icon button, and I have contacted the mods.  I have not heard anything back.  If Santa is gagging over the pasta gift baskets I have been requested to give him, then for goodness sake have Santa ask me for something else...Let's get this show on the road!  In case anyone missed it here are the screen shots: This first shot shows what is in my barn, the second one shows the donation button for Santa greyed out, the 3rd screen shot show that Santa is requesting pasta gift baskets (note, it is the second set of requests.  The 1st one I was able to fill with no problem).

I just reload the game whenever that happens and it fixes the problem.  It happened last year in the event and it happened to me again this year.  That's my work-around.  Annoying but get's me by.
  • SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 22.12.2017
    Ok GGS this is ridiculous...harvesting apples for the HWE and after 30 min from one apple orchard it changes to cabbage, two more hours was on the clock before it changed .... have you ever seen apples do that short on time ! 

I try to give you the benefit of the doubt...because I would quit if I didn't.  You guys are a real piece of work !  :|   

Image result for piece of work cartoon Merry Christmas to you too   o:)  <3 
    I could have and have kept the gauge working all night with apples, done it many times !  You have cheated me....little ole me, no threat to anyone....you have broke my heart  :'( 

Not to mention...ok I will, the crazy  glitches I've been dealing with to even start production on anything
    Post edited by SANDRAUser60 (US1) on
    edited 30.01.2023

No Comment
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
     They are OUT OF CONTROL!
  • SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 22.12.2017
    Your servers are lacking & broad band need much attention

THUS causing all of us to suffer....AND  your compensations even cost us !

This new company merge...lol...do they really know what they are getting into...????Image result for merge cartoons

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 22.12.2017

I didn't have a 
    Post edited by JustMe (US1) on
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491

They are OUT OF CONTROL!
    Its those darn fleas - they carry all kinds of nasty stuff
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

I didn't have a 
    I saw that movie in a theater.....they showed it in with three different endings in different theaters.  
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 22.12.2017
    Why is it that the Germans have a calendar with next activities and we have to guess? 
    Do you have a link to the german calendar? Does it coincide with everyone's events?
    EDIT: Ah, found it! 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/de/discussion/comment/3726931/#Comment_3726931
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246

"But I don't buy gold, I just harvest and sell and get my farm dollars for free."  I

It's basic economics, and there's tons of treatises and stuff out there on game theory and its application to game economies and how they interplay with "real world" economies. It's really quite fascinating stuff.  

So what you are basically saying is that GGS owes me lots of real dollars/EURO, for the gold I've spend, and for the time I've spend. - We agree!
    I didn't get value for money - and using your calculating model, we're getting close to fraud for LOTS of reallife earned money .
    Not only does GGS have severe problems with bugs, they are cheating their players to pay for their 'testing' - Testservers should not be kept alive from players own gold...never - and BF works like a testserver these days.
    This is getting more and more interesting - and I think EU court will be very interested in how their rules for running & marketing business', is being used for robbing off players real money, so that they can buy play money, for which the never got value.?
    Reading more about the GGS company, I'm not surprised at all.!

• Denyd (US1)Denyd (US1) US1 Posts: 7
       right      wrong
          X              X

..... as for the example of cookies spilled on the table in front of a kid?

Seriously?

a)  we aren't kids....
    b)  even kids know what is rightfully theirs

When someone (GGS) does wrong - us doing wrong won't ever make it right...
                Just makes us as wrong as them  :: shrug ::
                          Simple ethics 

How on earth has this game become a contest of 'who can be the wrongest'?
        Why the blame shifting?  The events don't work?  Don't play them....

Sad state of affairs all around

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
       right      wrong
          X              X

..... as for the example of cookies spilled on the table in front of a kid?

Seriously?

a)  we aren't kids....
    b)  even kids know what is rightfully theirs

When someone (GGS) does wrong - us doing wrong won't ever make it right...
                Just makes us as wrong as them  :: shrug ::
                          Simple ethics 

How on earth has this game become a contest of 'who can be the wrongest'?
        Why the blame shifting?  The events don't work?  Don't play them....

Sad state of affairs all around

If the events don;t work they should never have been rolled out in the first place so of course everyone will blame GGS because its their responsibility to provide us with a game that actually works. Going by your logic the game itself has been broken so should everyone stop playing??? Are WE to blame if we continue to play a game that is clearly broken and bug riddled at the moment??
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
  • Here is a feature that I really need......so if GGS is actually listening, please comment and help us.

I can see (because of the Village Warehouse), that we have enough goods in inventory for various village upgrades.  But I cannot see which players are sitting on all of this inventory and not donating it.  I need to know this......badly.
    Well dang!  Send out a Co Op letter to all the members and ASK!!!!     :o
  • greygal (US1)greygal (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 22.12.2017

"But I don't buy gold, I just harvest and sell and get my farm dollars for free."  I

So what you are basically saying is that GGS owes me lots of real dollars/EURO, for the gold I've spend, and for the time I've spend. - We agree!
    I didn't get value for money - and using your calculating model, we're getting close to fraud for LOTS of reallife earned money .
    Not only does GGS have severe problems with bugs, they are cheating their players to pay for their 'testing' - Testservers should not be kept alive from players own gold...never - and BF works like a testserver these days.
    This is getting more and more interesting - and I think EU court will be very interested in how their rules for running & marketing business', is being used for robbing off players real money, so that they can buy play money, for which the never got value.?
    Reading more about the GGS company, I'm not surprised at all.!

Not what I'm saying at all.  I'm saying that the game's economic icon - dollars - has value, both a time value and a hard currency value, and that value in and for the game must be preserved and balanced (which is a never-ending battle for game economies), which is why GGS absolutely had to fix the bug, and why even though good arguments can be made for HOW they went about communicating and acting on the situation, there is no question they had to address the issue.  

There is no claim for fraud to be made here.  You have received exactly the value you have put into the game, of your own choice.  You are not granted any guarantee of online time, accessibility, suitability, etc., etc.  Read the EULA/terms of service if you want to get into the nuts and bolts of the contract between players and developers.

In what way have you or anyone else not gotten value for the money you have spent, or time spent, that is a violation of the EULA/Terms of service?   None, at least none that I've found :)  Which means you also have no claim to make in a court - EU or otherwise - because by the terms of the EULA/terms of service, GGS is essentially not obligated to provide you with anything at all.

GGS could shut down the game tomorrow, and you would have zero recourse.  None.  Why? Because that's the terms you agree to by playing the game.  This is true of pretty much every game and most online services out there.

GGS's terms of service (they are pretty standard):  https://www.goodgamestudios.com/terms_en/#terms

Test servers have become an industry standard, one that has greatly improved game development in more ways than I can get into here :smile:   Letting players of their own choice access and play with - test - upcoming features not only decreases the time to develop and deploy new features, but also helps determine some ways new changes can break a game, find unexpected bugs, etc.  Granted, GGS has done a pisspoor job of actually LISTENING TO and ACTING ON the information provided by those players who use the test server, but nobody is obligated to access the test server. 

For that matter, nobody is obligated to play this game, in fact.

• farmer46 (US1)farmer46 (US1) US1 Posts: 41
    edited 22.12.2017
    please someone help me!  I am in Farmers' First and decided to rearrange my farms this morning.  Was waiting to feed my cows because we were supposed to win a half time production/construction bonus.  When the CWHE ended, i fed a couple of cows and noticed that my bonus wasn't active.  so I logged out thinking that maybe reopening the farm would bring it up... but now I am locked out of my farm.  it is running a continuous loop of "feeding the chickens, digging up worms" and so forth..   Is anyone else having this issue or am I special?

would have started a new thread but I can't find the option to do that..   and no.. I was not a banned player...

• farmer46 (US1)farmer46 (US1) US1 Posts: 41
    ahhh.. never mind... after about 5 minutes of digging up worms, it has finally come back!  

• T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    please someone help me!  I am in Farmers' First and decided to rearrange my farms this morning.  Was waiting to feed my cows because we were supposed to win a half time production/construction bonus.  When the CWHE ended, i fed a couple of cows and noticed that my bonus wasn't active.  so I logged out thinking that maybe reopening the farm would bring it up... but now I am locked out of my farm.  it is running a continuous loop of "feeding the chickens, digging up worms" and so forth..   Is anyone else having this issue or am I special?

would have started a new thread but I can't find the option to do that..   and no.. I was not a banned player...

Same here I was not banned my game froze after the CHWE ended now I can't log in too.

@CuddlyFoxes
  • proba (INT1)proba (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
    No rewards from CHWE. Can we get at least one name from GGS that's going to get a ban because of this?
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    NIce work GGS ) Some players who used the bug bought all farm upragrades with few minutes!!
    And people who don't used the bug must wait few YEARS to buy them!  :):):):):):)
    So what?   Someone upgraded something and HOW does that effect YOUR farm?

It does not.  It might matter in a competition which is why I'm against it on this game.  Go play empire or some other war game if you like competition.  This game started out a simple farm game of balance.  Not who can beat who.   

If they kept to that model it would not matter to anyone if some got free stuff.  Be happy for them.  As if they won the lottery.  
    I have defended the players that got banned for taking advantage of a bug in their favor, now I will defend the players that did not.

You ask, "HOW does that affect YOUR farm?"
    The game has become what it is ... a game of competition, we the players can choose not to play the competitions but cannot change that it has become a game of competition, only the developers.  So we play the game or go play Sims.  Many have invested a LOT of time on their farms as well as real money, do you really think they want to just walk away and go play Empire or Sims?

Now let me explain how it affects me and my farm.  Those that took advantage of the bug will now have larger stronger farms.  When I am in a mission with a player that has taken advantage of the bug and has all their land, I can expect them to have 5 or 6 or even more cow sheds, fields, pigs, ducks, or chickens.  That is 5-6 extra times I would have to use seaweed feed or gold to try to catch up.  You want to look at this game from a non-competitive perspective but that in no longer the case here, it IS a competitive game. You can play however you see fit, that is your prerogative. However, for those that play the game as it is presented, they play the competitions, not just to play but to win prizes and resources.  I am not putting you down for playing the way you want to play, but you should not put others down for playing what the game has become and in all honesty, the competitions have spiced up the game and has taken the everyday repetitiveness away.  Although I do believe they are over-doing it at this point and need to slow down a bit before they burn all the players out.  

You are right if they kept the original model of just a farming game it would not matter, but as I have stated, that is not the case.  But at this stage of the game it DOES matter. 
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    besides to this bug, how are you affected when you lvl 57 meet lvl 300 in a mission ?
    it is exactly the same thing

mown at ggs for they make leagues on missions as they do in cc

Sign In to comment.