Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 13th/14th - New Themed Events and More! - Discussion

Comments

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Can any mods confirm, that there is 1 day and some hours left at CHWE? As we have gotten less and less time for it.
    @Tinzen (SKN1) the CHWE will end on December 22nd @ 16:00 CET
    Thank you :) I tink many appticate it :)
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    @WascallyWabbit

What is happening? A lot of account on INT1 is blocked after the last hotfix then CHWE starts how can we keep up with it with so many coop members can't play.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/169520/announcement-important-info-about-last-hotfix

Here's your answer. :)

yup I read that but i posted the question before wascally posted that.  They should just stop the CHWE if they where afraid of the boosters purchased from the bug money. AS  they say they will wipe out the dollars of the players. But why do you need to blocked them i's not their fault. A lot will leave this game after this.
    Well, some games ban players permanently, due to bug exploit, so in one hand, we can be happy that we still get another chance. On the other hand, this was such a bug that most of the players exploited it accidentally and they still get punished in one way or another. GGS doesn't have a clue how to be fair towards players and I feel like they always bring up the most unfair solution to problems that they caused.

Personally, I don't feel guilty about anything, because I barely regained everything I lost during last few times GGS messed up. I guess I can call it even now.

o:)
    This banning affects a lot of things...chain reaction....less players how to complete santa's wish list now...how to compete on CHWE. they shouldn't have punished the player for the mistake ggs made. 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Can any mods confirm, that there is 1 day and some hours left at CHWE? As we have gotten less and less time for it.
    @Tinzen (SKN1) the CHWE will end on December 22nd @ 16:00 CET
    Exactly, because GGS has decided that it should not be a fair event.  Remember that GGS could change this clock at any point.  This notion that they cannot "help it" that it had to be shorted is a load of bunk.  This was purposeful on the part of GGS, and we must never forget that.  
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I am really curious how GGS determined who actually "cheated" on purpose, without reporting this bug. I often play during breaks on my smartphone, using the Puffin browser. Selling excess crops is often the only thing to do since donating to the market is impossible with those lousy sliders. So it could have happend to me too.
    It sounds a bit harsh to ban people. It is not only these people that are affected by this decision but also the coops they play in.
    We put up with a waterfall of bugs and to punish people like this for a bug they did not cause....???
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    I am really curious how GGS determined who actually "cheated" on purpose, without reporting this bug. I often play during breaks on my smartphone, using the Puffin browser. Selling excess crops is often the only thing to do since donating to the market is impossible with those lousy sliders. So it could have happend to me too.
    It sounds a bit harsh to ban people. It is not only these people that are affected by this decision but also the coops they play in.
    We put up with a waterfall of bugs and to punish people like this for a bug they did not cause....???
    It's a Double punishment actually...banning the player hurting the coop cause it's lacking a lot of members. So the ones that weren't affected by the banned need to work triple now just to maintain the ranking we always have on CHWE add to that we need to donate to santa's list to....boils down to one thing use resources and gold. 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    How is this the players faults???  We repeatedly ask you do not run the CHWE until it is fixed. You stubbornly run this event, taking our resources for all of the "pulled or stopped" events due to bugs....now you actually had a bug that gave players extra and you want to ban the players. I don't think the players created this bug.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Well, exactly, I was online and sold excess produce, I wouldn't have noticed what anount of dollars I received.
    The wording of the announcement worries me as well,
    Quote: "- In addition, over 4,000 players will receive a temporary ban in the next days due to their large gain of dollars. It is very unfair to players who did not gain the dollars that some have been able to purchase boosters for events, expansions and various other items with. Therefore in many cases it was not enough to just remove the dollars"

In the next few days? Are we still at risk of being banned?

• What a freaking bloody mess this has become!

• Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    From my reading of the announcement, it sounds to me like bans were handed out if someone exploited the bug by selling a lot of stuff and then immediately spent the money they got.  Since devs cannot take away money that's no longer in their bank account, they instead got a ban.  

I would guess that if all you did was sell items normally and spent normally, the additional money would just be deducted and that's it.
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    if there is a change mistake at tour bank, does the bank steal your money from your account ?

• janajana (GB1)janajana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34
    edited 04.01.2018
    hi all,
    i can't help myself...i have to react.
    no one knows how many bugs is hiding in this game.
    obviously not even ggs.

everyone, who runs his own businnes can only wish so many loyal customers.
    ggs, you have us...and how do you treat us?

today you just proved, not for the first time, how much you lied to us.
    i have seen hundreds posts on forum, people lost their gold, rewards, coops lost money wasted on cancelled events...etc.
    your answer...sorry guys, there is a bug, which we didn't know about.
     ...and an apology? maybe a little sorry after long ( sometimes weeks) lasting silence...sometimes a little seaweed, maybe mystery box ...and that is only when more servers are affected.
    otherwise your answer is...please, contact support...
    and people wait weeks, sometimes forever for their compensation.
    it is getting old... we are tired of it.

today you proved how fast you can react  if someone takes a bit from your pie... 
      a few people made some profit because of error in your game.. ( yes, 4,000 is not a big number )
    who gives you right to punish them for your mistake ?
    some of them not even knows they sold for higher price..
    ( same as we often missed when we lost our money because of bug )

today i saw your fastest reaction to bug ever, how is that possible?
     maybe you can use your new finded skills and finally do something right.
    i would appreciate it.
    Post edited by janajana (GB1) on
  • sam70 (INT1)sam70 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 15
    edited 20.12.2017
    shame on bigfarm, shame on goodgame company,
    recently this game has so much bugs every day and now they punished us for their mistakes,i want to know why we should punished????
    i was 3rd in CHWE and my husband was 2nd in CHWE with his account  and with this bug all of our hard working Lost  !!!
    we sold some of our products because always do this work when we want to collect our extra products and now ggs said that they removed our dollars, i want to know how can they find out the amounts of our dollars before this bug?????!!!!!
    if they got our dollars that we had before the bugs; we (my husband and i) put aside this game for ever, because we lost our time and our farm and the dollars of farms that COLLECTED WITH HARD WORKS NOT WITH THE BUG
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    SO this morning, I logged in (8:30 AM EST), I believe after at least 1 hotfix had been completed.  I did some farming (about 30 minutes), but had an appointment and rushed through harvesting and planting everything.  I then logged out and didn't come back until 4:30 PM EST.  I started farming as normal, emptying boats, harvesting, etc.  I noticed that I had to start the CHWE again, but didn't think too much of it.  I then hopped on the forum to check on the CHWE information and saw the announcement about the bug and banned players.  I looked at my account and noticed I have more money than I should, although I don't know exactly what I should have in my account since I ran through the farm so quickly this morning.  I do not recall actually selling any products this morning, as my barns were pretty much empty from the Santa event and I didn't have time to do much farming.  So now I am left wondering if I am going to have money disappear or get my account banned, when I don't even know what is going on.  @CuddlyFoxes, what do you suggest I do?  Should I open a help ticket?  Since I don't know what went wrong on my farm and what amount I should actually have, I don't know what to do.  Thanks for your help.
  • Thought of the day:

"I can take it from others, but others can not take it from me.
    If I take it, I'll take it all and still put it out "

B)
  • proba (INT1)proba (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
    today you proved how fast you can react  if someone takes a bit from your pie... 
      a few people made some profit because of error in your game.. ( yes, 4,000 is not a big number )
    who gives you right to punish them for your mistake ?
    some of them not even knows they sold for higher price..
    ( same as we often missed when we lost our money because of bug )

today i saw your fastest reaction to bug ever, how is that possible?
     maybe you can use your new finded skills and finally do something right.
    i would appreciate it.
    This! They showed today that they're fooling us all the time. I tend to think that they don't even care about bugs, because players keep playing their bugged events, they keep spending gold and ggs keeps earning.

When they mess up something we have to wait few days just to get some info about what happened and if we're lucky, we get something useless or not worth the effort we put into the event/whatever that was bugged.

Well, only if we're damaged side.

If we somehow damage their interests, they react in few hours and resolve the issue.
    Hey, they fixed the issue, found 4.000 players that made a profit from the bug and managed to hand out the bans! Everything done in less than SIX HOURS!!! But somehow, last week when CC disappeared, when CWHE wasn't working as it's supposed, three days passed before they said "We don't know what happened."

I can't wait to see the next mistake you guys will make. Pfff...

• FromPol (FR1)FromPol (FR1) FR1 Posts: 1,712

What a freaking bloody mess this has become!

Hello,
    I agre with you :-(
    and also about the the original look of snowy barn back .. i remove it because really less beautiful.
  • I am really curious how GGS determined who actually "cheated" on purpose, without reporting this bug. I often play during breaks on my smartphone, using the Puffin browser. Selling excess crops is often the only thing to do since donating to the market is impossible with those lousy sliders. So it could have happend to me too.
    when i first started playing i only used my phone and imo it is not impossible to fill orders in the market... i did it all the time. my sister now plays almost all the time on her phone and she also fills orders on the puffin app. it took a minute to figure out how it worked but you can do it... just hold down for a few seconds on the slide bar until the block is highlighted and then tap above the the bar... or if you use the mouse pointer, do the same thing but i think then you can slide it up... user error. not ggs error imo
  • How is this the players faults???  We repeatedly ask you do not run the CHWE until it is fixed. You stubbornly run this event, taking our resources for all of the "pulled or stopped" events due to bugs....now you actually had a bug that gave players extra and you want to ban the players. I don't think the players created this bug.
    How is this the players faults???  We repeatedly ask you do not run the CHWE until it is fixed. You stubbornly run this event, taking our resources for all of the "pulled or stopped" events due to bugs....now you actually had a bug that gave players extra and you want to ban the players. I don't think the players created this bug.

CuddlyFoxesCuddlyFoxes Posts: 745
    Hey guys,

Due to a critical issue the CHWE had to be stopped for another small hotfix. This hotfix is unrelated to the CHWE which seems to be working but it is important that the issue be repaired as soon as possible. After the hotfix the event will begin again and can be played as normal, players will keep any activity rewards they have already and any boosters they have purchased will still work as long as they do not run out before the event starts again.

CHWE will restart around 16:30 CET

the problem was not caused by the chwe.... it was reported by players. the chwe had to be shut down to stop and correct the problem causing the large sale prices and correct the amounts people received in error. to me, it sounds like the amounts were very, very large and quite obvious and those that abused the glitch continued to make and sell large amounts of said products... otherwise they would have just fixed the problem and moved on... if you are in a co-op where someone did this, you may have also benefited from it and had an unfair advantage over others that did not... it does not seem to me that ggs is being vindictive or trying harm players. players certainly did not create this bug but apparently some 4000 took advantage of it and are now paying the consequences of their actions. that is no different than taking money that is not yours when you know who it belongs to.
    edited 21.12.2017

Hey guys,

Due to a critical issue the CHWE had to be stopped for another small hotfix. This hotfix is unrelated to the CHWE which seems to be working but it is important that the issue be repaired as soon as possible. After the hotfix the event will begin again and can be played as normal, players will keep any activity rewards they have already and any boosters they have purchased will still work as long as they do not run out before the event starts again.

the problem was not caused by the chwe.... it was reported by players. the chwe had to be shut down to stop and correct the problem causing the large sale prices and correct the amounts people received in error. to me, it sounds like the amounts were very, very large and quite obvious and those that abused the glitch continued to make and sell large amounts of said products... otherwise they would have just fixed the problem and moved on... if you are in a co-op where someone did this, you may have also benefited from it and had an unfair advantage over others that did not... it does not seem to me that ggs is being vindictive or trying harm players. players certainly did not create this bug but apparently some 4000 took advantage of it and are now paying the consequences of their actions. that is no different than taking money that is not yours when you know who it belongs to.

Or it was like a super boost to repair all that have been lost last days !
    and players who have benefited of this have been able to make up for their lack for days and days, to spoil their coop, to buy land ... it was like the fire few days ago.
    If I have been connected at this time, I have done like that, and says to all players in my coop: yeah, ggs have given a super boost ...

edit: and the bugs of ggs are 
    very, very large and quite obvious that ggs abused - like the challenge of the last CHWE not done and not corrected without advertised
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    I was online multiple times, during all three times today and I did not get credit for the third time on Monday the 18th of December.  This will ruin my weekend bonus.  Please advise.  
    same for me for Monday

but I got informed that the last one will show the red circle w/ line through regardless of which time period GGS determine you were not "active" (mine on Monday already showed the circle at noon EST but for the last period)

this is not the first time GGS has not provided accurate credit for being online and active during the HH times.
  • How is this the players faults???  We repeatedly ask you do not run the CHWE until it is fixed. You stubbornly run this event, taking our resources for all of the "pulled or stopped" events due to bugs....now you actually had a bug that gave players extra and you want to ban the players. I don't think the players created this bug.

Hey guys,

and players who have benefited of this have been able to make up for their lack for days and days, to spoil their coop, to buy land ... it was like the fire few days ago.
    If I have been connected at this time, I have done like that, and says to all players in my coop: yeah, ggs have given a super boost ...
    so you are saying that some people deserve to recover their lost stuff but only those that realized this glitch? and that it is okay because ggs has had problems with recent programming to essentially steal back what you feel they "took"... while it is well known that the decos from the christmas event aren't very good to begin with and the rest of the problems seem to be ongoing at this point and you continue to play? they gave us decos that it seems to me anyway, have more vhp than any co-op got and agreed some had more personal happiness but most people don't seem to play that event for the level of happiness the decos have. if you play for that alone it would probably be better to just skip it and just play the regular events that the decos have good happiness.

i do not understand all the attacks to ggs. they are not forcing anyone to play any event or the game at all, that is a personal decision we all make. co-ops make similar decisions. if you don't like your co-ops choices there are plenty of others to join that align more with your playing habits but that is just what this is... playing. playing is fun. if playing is no longer fun, quit. it is not your job or livelihood at stake here... i understand complaining so they know what is not working but all this hatred is ridiculous imo... i see a lot of people saying ggs is not being very merry in this season, well, rarely here have i seen anyone acting jolly or merry this christmas here. ggs has not taken a holiday while all these problems are occurring, they are hard at work trying. they will never be able to please everyone, some will never be happy. you want new stuff and then complain when it doesn't work like they think it will right out of the gate, you want to stop events that don't work until they are fixed. i'm sure they don't intend to do put out a broken event, after all they are human and none of us perfect. this is not an airbag in a car that is killing people because it was released without testing. it is an internet game..... play and have fun, play what you want and leave the rest or just leave altogether. this does not seem productive to me it sounds like a bunch of complaining that gets no one anywhere. hate fuels hate an this, to me is all that is happening here. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I was online multiple times, during all three times today and I did not get credit for the third time on Monday the 18th of December.  This will ruin my weekend bonus.  Please advise.  
    same for me for Monday

but I got informed that the last one will show the red circle w/ line through regardless of which time period GGS determine you were not "active" (mine on Monday already showed the circle at noon EST but for the last period)

this is not the first time GGS has not provided accurate credit for being online and active during the HH times.
    Correct. The 3 Happy Hour times (7:00-10:00, 12:00-15:00, 18:00-21:00) are NOT associated 1:1 for the 3 Happy Hour checkmarks.

The checkmarks start at the top and work their way down.

If you miss 1 Happy Hour, the bottom Happy Hour will have the "Ø" in it, because it is no longer possible to get all 3 Happy Hour bonuses.  If you miss 2 Happy Hours, the middle and the bottom bonuses will have the "Ø" in them because it's no longer possible to get those bonuses.  If you then miss the 3rd happy hour (the 18:00-21:00 one), then the last bonus available, the TOP one, will get the Ø.

If you're only online during 1 Happy Hour a day, say the 18:00-21:00 one, then only the TOP bonus will get activated (and thus, the checkmark). 

You can't just log in once a day and expect to get the highest bonus (the bottom one).  You have to work your way up to it by hitting all 3 happy hours.

And unlike GGS says, sometimes you can be "Online" during a Happy Hour and the game won't recognize it; sometimes you HAVE to log out and back in for it to register. 

I don't even check anymore; I just automatically log out and in around 8AM, 1PM, and 7PM. Haven't missed a bonus since I started doing that.

You can't rely on "just being online" and getting credit for a happy hour. You HAVE to check.

Hey guys,

so you are saying that some people deserve to recover their lost stuff but only those that realized this glitch? and that it is okay because ggs has had problems with recent programming to essentially steal back what you feel they "took"... while it is well known that the decos from the christmas event aren't very good to begin with and the rest of the problems seem to be ongoing at this point and you continue to play? they gave us decos that it seems to me anyway, have more vhp than any co-op got and agreed some had more personal happiness but most people don't seem to play that event for the level of happiness the decos have. if you play for that alone it would probably be better to just skip it and just play the regular events that the decos have good happiness.

i do not understand all the attacks to ggs. they are not forcing anyone to play any event or the game at all, that is a personal decision we all make. co-ops make similar decisions. if you don't like your co-ops choices there are plenty of others to join that align more with your playing habits but that is just what this is... playing. playing is fun. if playing is no longer fun, quit. it is not your job or livelihood at stake here... i understand complaining so they know what is not working but all this hatred is ridiculous imo... i see a lot of people saying ggs is not being very merry in this season, well, rarely here have i seen anyone acting jolly or merry this christmas here. ggs has not taken a holiday while all these problems are occurring, they are hard at work trying. they will never be able to please everyone, some will never be happy. you want new stuff and then complain when it doesn't work like they think it will right out of the gate, you want to stop events that don't work until they are fixed. i'm sure they don't intend to do put out a broken event, after all they are human and none of us perfect. this is not an airbag in a car that is killing people because it was released without testing. it is an internet game..... play and have fun, play what you want and leave the rest or just leave altogether. this does not seem productive to me it sounds like a bunch of complaining that gets no one anywhere. hate fuels hate an this, to me is all that is happening here. 
    Hello,

I like play to bigfarm and don't like many of its bugs ;-) and there are a lot these last months.
    I don't like management choices like TA coop that is very bugged, and with a bad mecanism.
    I think all players have a lot of lost things.
    When I play an event that is not new and works before, I don't think it is bugged, and don't play it.
  • greygal (US1)greygal (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 21.12.2017
    if there is a change mistake at tour bank, does the bank steal your money from your account ?

No.  But they DO remove the money equivalent to the mistake from your account.

Example:

Your bank balance is $100
    $500 gets deposited to your account by mistake
    Your balance is now $600
    You spend the $500 thinking wow lottery! it's mine!
    Your balance is now $100
    The bank realizes their mistake, and removes the $500 from your bank.
    Your balance is now -$400.
    Being overdrawn is now ENTIRELY your fault, because you took advantage/exploited the mistake ("bug") of the bank.

If you are lucky, the bank will waive any overdraft fees as a courtesy, but since ultimately, the management and usage of your account is your responsibility, they are not obligated to do so.

Now, you used "change mistake" in your analogy, but my example still holds true, assuming the bank can track the change mistake to you.  If, for example, they see on video they gave you too much change, they can - and will - correct it against your account and/or contact you to come back and correct it.

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    this is all very intriguing.  Any idea what items were being exploited? How long did this go on?  I usually dont sell large amounts of goods. I sell as I harvest, one field or stable at a time.  And I dont really pay attention to how much im selling them for.  I could be guilty of exploiting the bug and be unaware of doing it.  And in fact My cash balance does seem higher than I remember it being. But not by enough to think there was an error.  
  • this is all very intriguing.  Any idea what items were being exploited? How long did this go on?  I usually dont sell large amounts of goods. I sell as I harvest, one field or stable at a time.  And I dont really pay attention to how much im selling them for.  I could be guilty of exploiting the bug and be unaware of doing it.  And in fact My cash balance does seem higher than I remember it being. But not by enough to think there was an error.  
    well, that is exactly what i'm saying.. it doesn't appear that you got banned, so you didn't do anything wrong. the people that did exploit the glitch got banned and everyone seems to think that is unfair somehow. ggs can see that they made those items and then sold them, taking their inventory to zero, probably multiple times. it has not been said what or for how long this went on as far as i have seen... 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Wow, just read and reread going back at least a half dozen pages.  What I DO NOT SEE at all, is anything positive about this game.

Just wow.
    I'm SO glad after the first buggy round of the Christmas event I let it go.
    I'm SO glad after the newness of the goldfish, I decided MILLIONS for a goldfish, only to put in a pool to increase happiness in a farm that does absolutely NOTHING to improve our own farms.  Just takes resources to keep feeding, was not worth it and let it go.

The HWE?   That I have pretty much let go since it was first introduced.   Oh I will make a few of what ever he's asking for, IF I even can.  (The fishing one usually asks for fish I don't even have.)
    I get what few prizes I get and that's fine.

Goals worth spending real time her for?   NON EXISTENT!  
    They were once.   Events that come around almost non stop… once upon a time I could make the top prize.  But people, if you keep leveling up and don't keep building up, you will be punished.  I can BARELY get a mid grade prize now.   It's just not worth it.  I have other things to do much more fun than frustrating myself with events JUST out of reach.

Temp farms…. pfffft.  Change the name to boring rerun farms.  And again, I can never get past page 2 or what ever chapter, task.  NEVER.  No matter how hard I try or how much farm money is blown.
    Letting them go most of the time.  When I do play one its just for some seeds.  Boring as all getout.

The banning of thousands of players for a bug on the games side, that's just absurd.  And that one they sure jumped on fast.   Now 4 thousand players will be angrily contacting support?   Just how long will it take support to respond to all 4000 people I wonder.   My guess is either never, or will send out a blanket automated note.  With what result who knows.  But what a mess. What ever they do for that group will be too little too late.  Nothing like slapping your customers for a mistake YOU made.  

Here's a thought.  FIRE the programers who have proven they are so incompetent.  Find people who know what they are doing.
    And maybe STOP RUNNING EVENTS until everything is stable?  I'm sure the players wouldn't mind just farming and cooling it off for awhile until you fix things.  

• Wow, just read and reread going back at least a half dozen pages.  What I DO NOT SEE at all, is anything positive about this game.

Just wow.
    I'm SO glad after the first buggy round of the Christmas event I let it go.
    I'm SO glad after the newness of the goldfish, I decided MILLIONS for a goldfish, only to put in a pool to increase happiness in a farm that does absolutely NOTHING to improve our own farms.  Just takes resources to keep feeding, was not worth it and let it go.

The HWE?   That I have pretty much let go since it was first introduced.   Oh I will make a few of what ever he's asking for, IF I even can.  (The fishing one usually asks for fish I don't even have.)
    I get what few prizes I get and that's fine.

Goals worth spending real time her for?   NON EXISTENT!  
    They were once.   Events that come around almost non stop… once upon a time I could make the top prize.  But people, if you keep leveling up and don't keep building up, you will be punished.  I can BARELY get a mid grade prize now.   It's just not worth it.  I have other things to do much more fun than frustrating myself with events JUST out of reach.

Temp farms…. pfffft.  Change the name to boring rerun farms.  And again, I can never get past page 2 or what ever chapter, task.  NEVER.  No matter how hard I try or how much farm money is blown.
    Letting them go most of the time.  When I do play one its just for some seeds.  Boring as all getout.

The banning of thousands of players for a bug on the games side, that's just absurd.  And that one they sure jumped on fast.   Now 4 thousand players will be angrily contacting support?   Just how long will it take support to respond to all 4000 people I wonder.   My guess is either never, or will send out a blanket automated note.  With what result who knows.  But what a mess. What ever they do for that group will be too little too late.  Nothing like slapping your customers for a mistake YOU made.  

Here's a thought.  FIRE the programers who have proven they are so incompetent.  Find people who know what they are doing.
    And maybe STOP RUNNING EVENTS until everything is stable?  I'm sure the players wouldn't mind just farming and cooling it off for awhile until you fix things.  

greygal said 
    Example:

Your bank balance is $100
    $500 gets deposited to your account by mistake
    Your balance is now $600
    You spend the $500 thinking wow lottery! it's mine!
    Your balance is now $100
    The bank realizes their mistake, and removes the $500 from your bank.
    Your balance is now -$400.
    Being overdrawn is now ENTIRELY your fault, because you took advantage/exploited the mistake ("bug") of the bank.

If you are lucky, the bank will waive any overdraft fees as a courtesy, but since ultimately, the management and usage of your account is your responsibility, they are not obligated to do so.

.... did you read that? 
     it seems these amounts were huge.... so what that it was a ggs glitch in programming. that does not make it right or fair game play. if you rob a store, the most likely ban you from the store forever. you can be ban from any establishment for simply misbehaving... 

on a different note..
    i only farm what i want and play the events i want, temporary farms included. i agree that if you don't upgrade your features that it makes the events harder but just farming increases experience points if you use special seeds and you do not always make enough money to keep up with the cost of the upgrades, or at least i haven't been able to, or you don't want to miss an event because of the time required to upgrade items... all part of the game.. i don't know how people know what events are coming up, i have only seen a calendar during the wwc but i know now, no worries missing an event, it will come back around. that i did not know when i first started playing... some seasonal events tho would take a whole year and only if they do the same one, they could make it different.... i like the fishing region and fishing market. the contracts are worth spending the time on. the regular market, not so much. i enjoy this game, bugs and all. business do not try to upset customers... but i am not even a "customer"... i am a player... i have spent no money and don't intend to. this is just for fun. when it is no longer fun, i will stop. no nee to complain about. find something else to occupy my free time.

although, this game would get very boring without events very quickly. competition can be very healthy even when you are competing against an event/computer. i would say these people cheated because they took advantage of a flaw... would you teach your child to behave that way? i would not.. be honest and fair. don't cheat not just people but businesses as well. treat others as you would want to be treated... right???
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 21.12.2017
    @Rmaybe

Your bank error example ACTUALLY HAPPENED to me once.  They made a 500.00 error in my favor. BUT I did not go spend it.  I left it alone for years.  Finally closed the account and switched banks.  (note, I would not do that to an individual or small store.  This was a huge national bank.  Just a number on a ledger somewhere.

Now… This whole bank analogy does not apply to this game at all.

In the announcement they said it was FARM CASH that was given out.  NOT GOLD.   Farm dollars.

This is nothing but a meaningless number in a game.  Fake money.  If it were me I probably wouldn't have even noticed.  Just went and upgraded something.   Again NOT stealing from anyone.  Upgrading fake objects, in a fake world on a flash game.  And because some programmer somehow coded or didn't catch a code conflict in a game and this gave a few thousand players (world wide not that many) a very brief bonus?   Again WHO CARES?   Fix it and move on.

This doesn't begin to address all the players on here who DO spend real money to buy fake gold and lost it because some event was broken.  (still is.) Those people can't "ban" the programers can they?

To use your example it would be like a bank teller taking money out of your account and there is not one thing you can do about it.   But oh if they make an error and hand you some monopoly money, (worthless game money) then said you stole it so therefore your account has been emptied and your banned from returning to this bank.     How idiotic would that be?

(Edited twice, I have no clue WHY half my post is in green.  I wish we had an advanced editor on here.  I understand simple HTML but can't see it to fix this.  Oh well.  Just read the text. It's not meant to be a quote.  I only wanted to quote the persons user name. Not the rest.)

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491

GGS does not deserve me.
    Best statement of the day imo
Sign In to comment.