Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• Southern (US1) ....said..... If you need Bass, send him to Wild River if you can (any boat will go there except the Dingy and the Inflatable Boat) and he'll come back with 437 Bass.

If you need Bonito, try to go to Starry Sea if you can for 400 Bonito an hour (Longboat and Drifter are the 2 boats that will get there. If you get the Coble, send it to Rough Seas for 382 Bonito, Norland to High Seas, Motorboat to Seaside).

Amphibian helps here too. Activate right before you harvest Oleg, not when you send him out.

Along with a great chart ... wish I could send it to my members    B) 

Our forum is a prize with a wealth of information, I appreciate you all so much ..Thank you Southern   :)

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 18.12.2017
    Just realised that we didn´t get the deco from chapter 3 either. We had finished the whole thing and were on the bonustasks with 1 day to go. Then we got a new member maybe a quarter to midnight, He was 0% and all grey, we asked him not to start up, which he didn´t. So no harm to the coop should be done. So WHY did we not get the deco???

With the sudden shift at midnight to chapter 4, we should have been even more on the safe side. Now today, when I click on the chapter 3 members list, he appears all yellow with a big 0%. This is NOT true, and we want our deco.
  • Tator Tot (US1)Tator Tot (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    Did Chapter 3 end 12 hours early or did I slip into a coma?  I was planning to finish all the lists this morning and we had moved to Chapter 4.

On another note, several members who insisted they didn't harvest anything from their lists were still considered active and we had to work on their list. When I logged on this morning, I was inactive.  As soon as I harvested wheat (not on my list) I was active.  I thought we were only active if we harvested something from the list.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Apparently, just logging on makes you active, always been the biggest beef with this event. Inaccurate event timers is probably the next biggest, you are right, Chapter 3 ended early , in the UK we lost 23 hours .Frankly , GGS make so many errors on timing, they should be sent back to nursery school...the big hand is on the 12 ...
  • Skye MacDuell (US1)Skye MacDuell (US1) US1 Posts: 82
    edited 18.12.2017
    Shay1968 (US1) said ...@SANDRAUser602 ,  are you renting a boat and sending Oleg out?  You will get a LOT more fish more often if you do.  Be sure to choose an area with bass from the fishing areas given.  If it does not show bass is available, wait about until the next boat comes along (usually 1-3 hours), you can do short batches of bass during that time by sending Oleg on the pier.  

Edited to add: The boat only takes 1 hour to return.

I send the boat all the time with Oleg to catch fish, but was only thinking of Oleg alone for some reason for bass.  That's why I come to the forum for good advise ...thank you Shay    B)

Who can I send to catch those 75,000 eggs.. :#

Tip: You can use this chart to see "where" to send Oleg to fish for the best return:

If you need Bass, send him to Wild River if you can (any boat will go there except the Dingy and the Inflatable Boat) and he'll come back with 437 Bass.

If you need Bonito, try to go to Starry Sea if you can for 400 Bonito an hour (Longboat and Drifter are the 2 boats that will get there. If you get the Coble, send it to Rough Seas for 382 Bonito, Norland to High Seas, Motorboat to Seaside).

Amphibian helps here too. :) Activate right before you harvest Oleg, not when you send him out. :)
    @Southern (US1)   Thank you for the info, will share with my coop :D
  • I like the idea of Santas list, first when you see your list it seems to be totaly impossible. Then after two days many of the asked things are ready.  When you communicate with co-op members you find out that there is sombody who can get his/her list done in third day. After that miracle hapens and one ofter other are soon ready :smile: .

BUT:  now we had much shorter time to phase 3, worked hard and everybody was with others help ready exept on who had 99% done when 23h before it should end it changed !! 

AND: whole day has gone, we have not got any information what is going to hapend, compensation or rollback or what.

Pleace give us information !! 

Even more important is that everybody gets peacefull and joyfull Christmas time :)

cityfarmari
    kolhoosi
    Finland (home of Santta Claus)

• i've been playing Big Farm only 3 months.  I experienced glitches and bugs from day one.  but I enjoyed the game and kept playing anyway.   none of the special events have worked correctly since i started playing, so i quit doing them.  i bought gold once, but never will again. 

from what i've read here in the forum, GGS has a long history of failed events, so it would seem highly probable that the next event will be broken too.  my question is, why do people keep doing these events, even using gold on them, and then acting surprised and angry when they don't work?  especially when the reward is so small. i know there is a lot about the game i don't understand so maybe i'm missing something. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    i've been playing Big Farm only 3 months.  I experienced glitches and bugs from day one.  but I enjoyed the game and kept playing anyway.   none of the special events have worked correctly since i started playing, so i quit doing them.  i bought gold once, but never will again. 

from what i've read here in the forum, GGS has a long history of failed events, so it would seem highly probable that the next event will be broken too.  my question is, why do people keep doing these events, even using gold on them, and then acting surprised and angry when they don't work?  especially when the reward is so small. i know there is a lot about the game i don't understand so maybe i'm missing something. 
    A lot of us have asked that question. :)
  • And they've done it again, chapter 3 ended a day early.
    Even my sense of humor is being severely challenged here.....
    Hear Hear! I even asked this morning whether it was sure that our timer in the Christmas event was running right - but (as our moderators can't reach anybody on a Sunday) no answer until 00:03 CET = that the 4th chapter would start at midnight ... a bit too late and ... Yep, total surprise & confusion here!
    Yes indeed! I missed again with 13 hrs on the clock so to harvest the last orchards & such in the morning. But there is chapter 4 starting and what!? buy the decor for 5,800 gold...I think not. Hope you choke on your eggnog you greedy psycho programmers geezsh! It's never enough

• After looking at Satan's List I am absolutely speechless.   >:)

You hit that nail right on it's head Shay...lol...so good    :D

I needed that laugh because my list only makes me cry   :'( 

There is no way you can complete these list without using gold, seaweed, ect...as in others help !
    example: 4,000 bass  even if you use gold still takes 7 hours to produce, so you might get 700 bass in one day.  That is still not enough to reach the goal for 5 days.  Cut the amounts in half and that is still a lot to collect !

This does not make the event fun...can we just have some fun events, pleazzzz. 

Sending out your boat rental collects bass at a faster rate. Maybe try that...

• all that work and we cant even collect our rewards...no gold box, no co op apple orchard, no other rewards for coming 3rd in CC

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I like the idea of Santas list, first when you see your list it seems to be totaly impossible. Then after two days many of the asked things are ready.  When you communicate with co-op members you find out that there is sombody who can get his/her list done in third day. After that miracle hapens and one ofter other are soon ready :smile: .

BUT:  now we had much shorter time to phase 3, worked hard and everybody was with others help ready exept on who had 99% done when 23h before it should end it changed !! 

AND: whole day has gone, we have not got any information what is going to hapend, compensation or rollback or what.

Pleace give us information !! 

Even more important is that everybody gets peacefull and joyfull Christmas time :)

cityfarmari
    kolhoosi
    Finland (home of Santta Claus)

We in our coop too, we like the Christmas event and while playing it, we experience the same thing as you described: at the start it seems impossible, but along the road everybody is working together and in phase 2 by helping together we can succeed (although we liked the Santa's List event 2015 far better)!

But we always look forward to be able to work together and in 2016 this went al right - but this year the event keeps being buggy ... playing the 3rd chapter in only 3 days was a huge job, and than the timer tricked us - which is indeed very sad!

I wish you and your beloved ones happy Holidays, a very merry Christmas and
    give our best to Rovaniemi!  :)
  • 4 out of 7 of the products I'm being asked for are from areas that people cannot spark to assist, and they cannot be pushed with weed, only with Gold. Coincidence? Forcing us to participate is one thing, forcing us to use Gold so as to not hurt our Co-op is just wrong.

You can sparkle pretty much everything on all farms of a player.  We find the easiest way to get to someone else's other farms/fishing areas is to go to their farm, then use the little drop-down box in the upper left corner to swap to that player's flower farm, fishing area, gourmet, etc.  You can also just go to their farm then look for the little road signs to their other farms and click those.  I find the road signs really difficult to read though, old eyes :D
  • Southern (US1) ....said..... If you need Bass, send him to Wild River if you can (any boat will go there except the Dingy and the Inflatable Boat) and he'll come back with 437 Bass.

Amphibian helps here too. Activate right before you harvest Oleg, not when you send him out.

Along with a great chart ... wish I could send it to my members    B) 

Our forum is a prize with a wealth of information, I appreciate you all so much ..Thank you Southern   :)

You can send them this url. It has a chart that also tells you the boats that can get you where.

http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/oleg/oleg_boats.htm
  • Da Momma (US1)Da Momma (US1) US1 Posts: 11

Short changed again…

How come every time we think we might “earn” something from our hard work, only to have you take it away!  Our co-op worked hard to finish the Christmas list for Santa only to have to start over AGAIN!  I finished mine last night and noticed we had abt. 21 hrs to complete it.  Not even nine hrs later, I get on again and we are at ZERO progress!  What’s up with that?  I’d helped several of my co-op members get really close to 100% and planned to help more in morning only to get knocked down!  And, it seems the total amount of product required is much more than was required last year!  We enjoyed the event last year, but this year is just too much.  Besides that event, you have the goldfish event going, the cooperative challenge AND the weekly deco event.  Talk about event overload.  You know this is supposed to be a fun time of year.  A lot of us would like to spend time with our families as well, not glued to some stupid event we can’t even advance in or benefit from.  Don’t you think that’s a bit much? I sure do.  I feel like I just wasted my weekend on it, only to have to start over again. I don’t feel there is any way a fledgling co-op like ours can get anywhere w/o buying and spending gold, which is what you want.  Most of my co-op consists of people like me who enjoy a little down time after work playing this game.  Most of them, like me, can’t afford to buy your gold packages, no matter how “cheap” you think they are.  And, some of us can’t be on 24/7 like others can.  We have to work for a living. If you intend this to be a fun, free game, you’ve missed the boat.  I understand that there is a need for funding to continue to improve and support this game.  I also understand that you would want to “reward” those who do buy gold.  I’m okay with that.  But, don’t dangle a carrot in front of us only to whisk it away when we get close!  If you intend it to be a pay-as-you-go game, be upfront about it and we’ll move on to another game.  No wonder I have a high turnover rate for members in our co-op!  You beat them down before they can become interested in playing.  BTW, I WILL NOT be filling out any more of your surveys.  I don’t think they accomplish any good, and there is no room for extra comments at the bottom.  You probably don’t really want to know how we feel anyway!

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It's interesting how some of the things on my list can be completed in about half a day and the others cannot be completed without gold use, it is not balanced in my opinion. We cannot even get bonus points because of the extreme requirements, dramatically lowering the decoration's practical value. And unfortunately because of the list requirements, I can not do very much to help my cooperative until someone else helps me unless I spend thousands of gold to complete my list quickly, which I think is unreasonable to expect us to do.

Most of the players will not be able to get any reward from this event due to the extreme demands for completing even the first step. Some events allow lower level players to earn a good reward for their level. Sometimes it will not be a very good reward at all. But at least they can earn a reward, in this event most of them do not have a chance.
  • well last night when i went to bed i still had 20 some hours to complete my personal list. so i set everything up and got up in the middle of the night  to harvest and replant. everything would have been all done in the morning at 6 am. but to my surprise when i harvested my items it went on a new list for week 4. what!!!! my remaining hours which should have run out at approx. 5 pm tonight was gone. others in my coop was upset as well. we lost our deco and now they want 5104 to get it! I think they are doing this just for us to spend gold! We lost our point values for the first 2 weeks, and now they cheated us yet again! No thanks! Keep your stupid events. I will find another game to play! 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    And not a single word from GGS about the chapter ending early, go figure, the new normal. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • well last night when i went to bed i still had 20 some hours to complete my personal list. so i set everything up and got up in the middle of the night  to harvest and replant. everything would have been all done in the morning at 6 am. but to my surprise when i harvested my items it went on a new list for week 4. what!!!! my remaining hours which should have run out at approx. 5 pm tonight was gone. others in my coop was upset as well. we lost our deco and now they want 5104 to get it! I think they are doing this just for us to spend gold! We lost our point values for the first 2 weeks, and now they cheated us yet again! No thanks! Keep your stupid events. I will find another game to play! 

Tell everyone in your co-op NOT to buy the deco. It will most likely be given to all players because the time ended early. Again.
  • And not a single word from GGS about the chapter ending early, go figure, the new normal. 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3758911#Comment_3758911
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    And not a single word from GGS about the chapter ending early, go figure, the new normal. 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3758911#Comment_3758911
    Yes, I have read that.  That is I was referring to ... waiting to hear word from GGS, They were in the office all day Monday and nothing. Not a word. Complete silence. .... As usual.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 19.12.2017
    Oh dear, what did Wascally mean when he said the team would be unlocking the chapter 3?  We are working on chapter 4 now.  Does this mean we are doing chapter 3 all over again?  I know it is early; I just got up and have yet to finish my 1st cup of coffee.
    According to Zoey, a mod over on the German Forums, nothing *should* be changing for Chapter 4.

Zoey Writes: "
    nothing is changed in the 4th chapter, it continues as planned.
    It is only because the 3rd chapter ended one day too early, we 
    completed the 3rd chapter for all the players to give everyone the
    chance to participate in the 5th chapter.
    So cross your fingers something doesn't go wrong.

(Zoey writes that they'll be COMPLETING the 3rd chapter for us, not "unlocking" it. I'm hoping the "Unlocking" was just a translation error, and they're just going to mark it complete for everyone - that'd be the easiest thing to do).

(Zoey writes that they'll be COMPLETING the 3rd chapter for us, not "unlocking" it. I'm hoping the "Unlocking" was just a translation error, and they're just going to mark it complete for everyone - that'd be the easiest thing to do).

Hoping with you and crossing our fingers!!!Bidden Smileys Smileys en emoticons 
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @Southern (US1)

You are right, but so was Wascally :)
    Zoey first posted that chapter 3 would be unlocked (freigeschalltet) but later posted that the chapter would be completed for all coops.
    If it works good news indeed :)

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Oh dear, what did Wascally mean when he said the team would be unlocking the chapter 3?  We are working on chapter 4 now.  Does this mean we are doing chapter 3 all over again?  I know it is early; I just got up and have yet to finish my 1st cup of coffee.
    According to Zoey, a mod over on the German Forums, nothing *should* be changing for Chapter 4.

Zoey Writes: "

i had translated it in the same way, when i wrote to coop, but then had it addjusted because everyone was not pleased.
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    My coop has completed chapter 3 and 4 of Santa's wishlist. Please don't make us restart it completely over again!
    My coop has completed chapter 3 and 4 of Santa's wishlist. Please don't make us restart it completely over again!
    Don't worry you don't have to! With the hotfix they will only unlock chapter 3 to complete it for all those players that weren't able to finish it because of chapter 4 starting earlier than the timer indicated.
    Otherwise these duped players would never have a chance to reach chapter 5 (as all 4 chapters have to be completed to be able to do chapter 5).
    Chapter 4 should remain as it is right now for you.

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Hey wasn't the compensation pack INCLUDING DECOS suppose to go out to everyone?
    I never got the decos.   I'm sure not going to put up Christmas stuff AFTER Christmas.  Missing the little santa sleigh at the gas pump, missing the elves table.  And my other two farms got a third little thing.  

My UK farm got nothing.  (Well I did get the apple orchards.)  

Just wondering, I could swear everyone was to get the same package.  Yes?
Sign In to comment.