Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    So…. the broken event was returned…. um… broken?

Bet your all wishing you would have just left it alone now huh?
    NEXT year…. if they roll out this mess again,   just let it go.  Easy.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    oh goody must mean Santa has done my chapter 4 list for me lol 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Christmas Preparation H strikes again, it seems.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    edited 18.12.2017
    Ended early which stinks because our 2 co-op members would have finished in the time shown originally & then helped our other member finish in time as well.

Also we used goodies for next collection. 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    After looking at Satan's List I am absolutely speechless.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    @WascallyWabbit

Its not just GB1, US1, IN1 and AU1, the international server also moved to last chapter this midnight. So we lost one whole day.
  • @WascallyWabbit GGS has the Christmas Preparation, Santa's List event so messed up!!!  We just changed to Week 4 on US1, with NO CHANCE AT ALL TO HELP EACH OTHER FINISH ALL OUR LISTS!

****  The week 3 lists IMO were NOT adjusted - i.e. lower amounts of things to collect to make up for the shortened days! 64,420 Milk!!!  19,140 Chicken Feed!!! 155,300 Apples!!! (yes these figures are correct!) 2,780 Soaps to a player that cannot even make soap yet!

****  We have been working so hard as a team, using every resource we have, charms, tractors, seaweed, humus, etc. trying to finish this list!

**** I have an amazing group in my Co-op, but GGS, this is ridiculous!  And then you go and bring on week 4 without even giving us the day we are supposed to have to help each other!!!!!

We have all been watching this very carefully. We did not miss anything!!!  We have played this Event before!  Great teamwork and my group is awesome!  GGS you have just ruined the Christmas event that you were trying to save!  I have not read all the posts in this thread, yet. But, I agree with many I have read and I will get thru all of them!! 

I did just see that Wascally posted a heads up that the event was changing to Week 4 very shortly, BUT we don't watch the forum every single minute either.  Why not send that kind of info out on the in game e-mail?  Why did this happen?  What about helping each other in the event!!!

My Co-op is VERY UPSET about this and rightfully so!!  We all really, really worked hard on this, used up a lot of resources, tried out best and for what?  GGS should just end this event and give everyone the prize with the MAX happiness it can have!

How is GGS going to compensate up now for all the gold, seaweed, time, charms, etc. that we have uses in good faith to play this game! You need to compensate all of us with some GOLD!

In addition to whatever you decide to do GGS, now would be a good time to give us the gold lock we have been asking for since this game began!

Stop bringing our events that don't work! We are tired of it!!  The TV broadcast was nice.  And though I do agree with some others about Hunter's apology too, it sounded to me like GGS was finally realizing that we needed to work together to improve this game--finally realizing the value of the test servers, etc.  But if all works on the test server and the when the event is put on, it fails, Phoey!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!  I just don't know what else to say, I can't believe this happened again!

This is not at all in the spirit of Christmas GGS!
  • NL server wnt to ch4 also, grrrrrrrrrrrrr just needed 4% to reach 100%.

• @WascallyWabbit
    2 of us so far don't have anything from the main farm on our Week 4 lists!

Should we even bother to start week 4?
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    @WascallyWabbit

snk1 has also moved. and i can only image that my coop is upset as well. this is the first time we do NOT finnish a chapter, so what will happen now?
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 18.12.2017

All right GGS, that is quite enough. Quit beating this poor dead horse.  It is never, ever, going to work right. Just put it, and us, out of our misery. Throw it on the trash heap and come out with a whole new, fun, Christmas event next year. Do you still remember how to do fun events? I kind of doubt it because you have been rolling out nothing but miserable ones for the past year.

• janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    I used to really enjoy being a Leader, starting up my own coop making friends and working together, but now I hate it and have had serious doubts about carrying on.  All these problems has made being a leader a miserable task :(
  • Merry Christmas to all who have had enough sense to not take Santa event seriously.
  • All right GGS, that is quite enough. Quit beating this poor dead horse.  It is never, ever, going to work right. Just put it, and us, out of our misery. Throw it on the trash heap and come out with a whole new, fun, Christmas event next year. Do you still remember how to do fun events? I kind of doubt it because you have been rolling out nothing but miserable ones for the past year.

One of the biggest problems when players are looking at the game is that we do not look at it from GGS's view. We as the players see this santa event as a real mess up, but look at it another way... GGS have just been bought out, so they need to prove to the new owners how easy it is to earn $millions. Pop in a so called "BUG" and watch players use gold and then watch sales of gold rocket through the roof. Then to prove the tactic was not just a fluke ! run the same "bug" again.. OK OK say that I am wrong, but GGS are not losing money through these so called bugs, quite the opposite.   o:) Remember last Santa event when a lot of co-ops missed out on the final deco because GGS reckoned that a player must have logged in at the last moment, or someone left the co-op. Wonder how many bought the deco's ? So in that case, GGS got gold sales from so called bugs... wait for the same tactic this year....
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @WascallyWabbit -  the event changed to Chapter 4 on the UK server on the stroke of midnight, we didn't even get a warning that it would change over.  I was in the process of harvesting to help out one of our coop members when the list suddenly needed things we hadn't prepared for.  We were so close to completing Chapter 3 - to say we are upset is putting it mildly ;(
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @WascallyWabbit posted:

Hi Guys,

It would appear that the event moved on to server time, the same way that it did at the end of Chapter 1, so Chapter 4 started when your server clock reached midnight & is probably now showing 6 days + some hours on the timer.

We will find out if there is anything that can be done, but when they tried to correct it before, some players lost the progress that they had already made on the new chapter, so we don`t want to repeat that again. We'll update you as soon as we hear anything.

I think we need to hear something really soon, people will be holding off on chapter 4 in fear of the list being reset again.
    There's only one reasonable solution in my opinion, every coop gets chapter 3 checked as finished and every active player gets the deco, the reset  should be done AFTER the end of chapter 4 so that everyone has a chance to finish that.
    Whatever is decided should be communicated asap.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Totally agree @grrr (NL1)  -  but I would like to see it extended to include the final Chapter, the amounts needed are astronomical and with players not doing too much to their lists it will be difficult to finish.  This IS the week before Christmas and I am sure that most of us have much more important things to do without having to hope that we can finish this event on time.  It would be nice to have the event cancelled and all the remaining deco's given to us as a gesture of goodwill.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    You're right of course, @bdreish (GB1) ,
    But I was just asking for a speedy answer to the current xmas crisis :D
    Personally I don't give a rat's **** about the deco's, I've got deco's in store with better VHP., but we've been working too hard as a coop, almost being finished as well, to be denied the green checkmark!
    And I think that whatever is decided players have a right to know where they stand so they can choose what to do about the rest of the event.
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    xmas tree event is still bugged
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    Wow....Can we get through a week without  a major catastrophe??
    On top of it the CC rewards aren't working correctly either. We were supposed to get a Cherry Orchard Appearance that gives an error, and then disappears. I wonder what other rewards are magically disappearing without us realizing it??

• After looking at Satan's List I am absolutely speechless.   >:)

You hit that nail right on it's head Shay...lol...so good    :D

I needed that laugh because my list only makes me cry   :'( 

There is no way you can complete these list without using gold, seaweed, ect...as in others help !
    example: 4,000 bass  even if you use gold still takes 7 hours to produce, so you might get 700 bass in one day.  That is still not enough to reach the goal for 5 days.  Cut the amounts in half and that is still a lot to collect !

This does not make the event fun...can we just have some fun events, pleazzzz. 

• Really fellow players, these bugs one after another, lists impossible to complete normally, this starts not to smell well .. gambling maybe? >:)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 18.12.2017
    After looking at Satan's List I am absolutely speechless.   >:)

You hit that nail right on it's head Shay...lol...so good    :D

I needed that laugh because my list only makes me cry   :'( 

There is no way you can complete these list without using gold, seaweed, ect...as in others help !
    example: 4,000 bass  even if you use gold still takes 7 hours to produce, so you might get 700 bass in one day.  That is still not enough to reach the goal for 5 days.  Cut the amounts in half and that is still a lot to collect !

This does not make the event fun...can we just have some fun events, pleazzzz. 

@SANDRAUser602 ,  are you renting a boat and sending Oleg out?  You will get a LOT more fish more often if you do.  Be sure to choose an area with bass from the fishing areas given.  If it does not show bass is available, wait about until the next boat comes along (usually 1-3 hours), you can do short batches of bass during that time by sending Oleg on the pier.  

Edited to add: The boat only takes 1 hour to return.
  • Well GGS, you have done it again, completely ruined another event. To start with, whomever designed this event doesn't seem to understand the difference between Santa and the Grinch.

Santa - joyful & jolly, likes to give and wants everyone to be happy and enjoy themselves
    Grinch - morose & unhappy, likes to take and wants everyone to be as unhappy as he is

There is nothing joyful or jolly about this event. It is unreasonable in its demands & amounts, and is doing nothing but creating stress & strife among the coops. I for one am done with it, ending chapter 3 early was the last straw, you can take the Grinch Punishment List and shove it. 
  • We where in bonus round and now    end.
    New begin and to my surprise i need Olive what i don't have.
    How can i do
    Oh i have to build first olive. ok i will do
    But no decor  i had 58 happiness and want it with that number no other less happines deco.
    I really like this and want it more but then good.
  • Shay1968 (US1) said ...@SANDRAUser602 ,  are you renting a boat and sending Oleg out?  You will get a LOT more fish more often if you do.  Be sure to choose an area with bass from the fishing areas given.  If it does not show bass is available, wait about until the next boat comes along (usually 1-3 hours), you can do short batches of bass during that time by sending Oleg on the pier.  

I send the boat all the time with Oleg to catch fish, but was only thinking of Oleg alone for some reason for bass.  That's why I come to the forum for good advise ...thank you Shay    B)

Who can I send to catch those 75,000 eggs.. :#

• Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    4 out of 7 of the products I'm being asked for are from areas that people cannot spark to assist, and they cannot be pushed with weed, only with Gold. Coincidence? Forcing us to participate is one thing, forcing us to use Gold so as to not hurt our Co-op is just wrong.
    The only other way around this type of event is to leave your Co-op for an entire month or longer?
    There needs to be an "opt out" option. Members that don't wish to participate, don't have to. They are not eligible for any co-op rewards from that event. It's not rocket science. There MUST be somebody at GGS that could figure out that coding, isn't there? If not, send me an e-mail, I'll direct you to a programmer that can do it.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 18.12.2017
    Shay1968 (US1) said ...@SANDRAUser602 ,  are you renting a boat and sending Oleg out?  You will get a LOT more fish more often if you do.  Be sure to choose an area with bass from the fishing areas given.  If it does not show bass is available, wait about until the next boat comes along (usually 1-3 hours), you can do short batches of bass during that time by sending Oleg on the pier.  

I send the boat all the time with Oleg to catch fish, but was only thinking of Oleg alone for some reason for bass.  That's why I come to the forum for good advise ...thank you Shay    B)

Who can I send to catch those 75,000 eggs.. :#

Tip: You can use this chart to see "where" to send Oleg to fish for the best return:

If you need Bass, send him to Wild River if you can (any boat will go there except the Dingy and the Inflatable Boat) and he'll come back with 437 Bass.

If you need Bonito, try to go to Starry Sea if you can for 400 Bonito an hour (Longboat and Drifter are the 2 boats that will get there. If you get the Coble, send it to Rough Seas for 382 Bonito, Norland to High Seas, Motorboat to Seaside).

Amphibian helps here too. :) Activate right before you harvest Oleg, not when you send him out. :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
Sign In to comment.