Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• I am to understand that if we didn't use every bit of the apology package, in those few minutes between updates/maintenance, we just lost them? 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I am to understand that if we didn't use every bit of the apology package, in those few minutes between updates/maintenance, we just lost them? 
    Re-sending the comp package out tomorrow, according to Cuddly.  Those who were able to use them will get another complete package.
  • Well...your charging us gold for the new house skins, I thought they were a gift...apple orchards are... where did you hide them ?   :# 

I know,  where the new background skins are .. right    B) 
  • Well...your charging us gold for the new house skins, I thought they were a gift...apple orchards are... where did you hide them ?   :# 

Check under themed buildings

• What is with the Santa list for this round. I have a player who doesn't have the 2nd farm. only main farm but almost all her items needed are from the 2nd farm.  For me I need a ton of soap boxes but my shop is not up to that level yet to make soap. I would need to up grade it 2 times before I can even make them. I don' have enough money to do that. This is unfair. 
    Well...your charging us gold for the new house skins, I thought they were a gift...apple orchards are... where did you hide them ?   :# 

People lost all the compensation when the server went down.  They promised to resend everything tomorrow.
  • What is with the Santa list for this round. I have a player who doesn't have the 2nd farm. only main farm but almost all her items needed are from the 2nd farm.  For me I need a ton of soap boxes but my shop is not up to that level yet to make soap. I would need to up grade it 2 times before I can even make them. I don' have enough money to do that. This is unfair. 
    I have to make soap as well. Need to upgrade 3 times before I can do that. Worst event ever
    @SANDRAUser60 (US1) I ate them :yum:

The compensation failed due to the issues with the servers but will be resent tomorrow. :)
  • Skye MacDuell (US1)Skye MacDuell (US1) US1 Posts: 82
    edited 14.12.2017
    This is ridiculous!  I need to harvest 14,500 cherries. I can only produce 2300 in a 24hr period. That is only 1 of my items...  I also need OVER 8,000 wet pig feed (so obviously I must mass produce rutabagas) AND 35,560 corn. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.. the remaining are equally impossible.
    No thank you.
    NO.  THANK.   YOU.
  • I thought we had 6 days per chapter.  No way are we going to finish this event with what the list is requiring and the length of time to do it in
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 14.12.2017
    On the Dutch server NL1 - in our coop: we received the 2 mystery boxes and the 2nd Christmas deco. the rest we didn't receive .... just FYI.

EDIT: Oh yes - artful reminds me: we did receive the free skins for chicken coop and simple house!

PS: many Dutch players wrote me / or posted in the Dutch thread that they are grateful for the compensations - highly appreciated!
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    The first two weeks I had item requirements that I could not complete without seaweed or gold and it is the same thing again this week. Is there a reason you make it so difficult at this time of the year?
    On the Dutch server NL1 - in our coop: we received the 2 mystery boxes and the 2nd Christmas deco. the rest we didn't receive .... just FYI.
    Same here.  But some on the US1 server got the skins and no decos at all.  Some got the decos twice, but no skins.  
  • This is ridiculous!  I need to harvest 14,500 cherries. I can only produce 2300 in a 24hr period. That is only 1 of my items...  I also need OVER 8,000 wet pig feed (so obviously I must mass produce rutabagas) AND 35,560 corn. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.. the remaining are equally impossible.
    No thank you.
    NO.  THANK.   YOU.
    You're supposed to get help from your coop members.  It's not supposed to be a 100% solo-only kind of thing.  This is why some people seem to have "easier" lists than others.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Same here.  But some on the US1 server got the skins and no decos at all.  Some got the decos twice, but no skins.  
    This is one of those bugs that work out differently for different players it seems.
    I received all the compensation, put the 2 christmas deco's on my farm (a bit naff, but good enough for  the festive season), normal happiness was 45, VHP 15 great. Logged out and in again, normal happiness has disappeared :o VHP is still there, strangest thing yet.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    edited 15.12.2017
    So much for 25% less requirements for Santa's Wish List - I have the same requirements I had on Chapter 2 instead they decreased the amount of days you have to get them (4 days).

Where do you go to see what skins you have?
    Post edited by noisy (US1) on
  • This is ridiculous!  I need to harvest 14,500 cherries. I can only produce 2300 in a 24hr period. That is only 1 of my items...  I also need OVER 8,000 wet pig feed (so obviously I must mass produce rutabagas) AND 35,560 corn. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.. the remaining are equally impossible.
    No thank you.
    NO.  THANK.   YOU.
    You're supposed to get help from your coop members.  It's not supposed to be a 100% solo-only kind of thing.  This is why some people seem to have "easier" lists than others.

Yes... get help from other coop members ... BUT you have to remember that you can't help others until your own list gets finished.  So at the beginning it truly is '100% solo'.  And the amounts required are OUTRAGEOUS!!  AND in a SHORTER Event time as well!

And then add to that needing to produce bait and flakes for the Goldfish Rescue Event when you are trying to make pig feed (Christmas Prep list) 24 hours straight (maybe) so you can finish your own list so maybe you can help your other coop teammates!!

Oh...but wait...there's more!!  Coop Challenge starts tomorrow!  joy!  sigh.......
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    So I have 3 days to get 66,530 cow feed.   

It take 15 hours to get 300, GGS has set m,e up to fail without me even starting the event.

Also the reindeer you click on every day is all messed up. I clicked on him yesterday found all 3 hidden in the snow gifts and dug them up. Today it wants me to buy them with 2070 gold. 

Why should I pay gold for what I already found and GGS has taken away???

Oh and putting in support ticket in is a wast of time. I give up on the game.

nothing works right anymore and your idea of making it right is a few skins. How about replacing the money spent both farm and gold?????
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I hear you PondPrincess (US1) ... my list is outrageous ...over 48 k in pigs and over 13 k in wheat... to speak of two.

Really was this the 25% reduction  ???    :/ 

This is exactly why I did not want this event to come back ...Are we having fun yet   :(
    My list is asking for 48,000 pigs and there's not a pig sty to be seen on my main farm. How shall I achieve this? If GGS expect me to demolish and rearrange my farm just to fill the requirement for a low happiness decoration they are kidding themselves  :p

• I received all the compensation, put the 2 christmas deco's on my farm (a bit naff, but good enough for  the festive season), normal happiness was 45, VHP 15 great. Logged out and in again, normal happiness has disappeared :o VHP is still there, strangest thing yet.
    The same happened to me!
    Those decos showed 45 normal happiness in the inventory box, but when put on the farm - it disappeared, leaving only 15 village happiness

• The leaders of coops will probably need to boot members who have red dots and give instructions to reapply when the event is over.  The Orange dots will need to be given warning to play or be booted.  I know this sounds harsh, but it will be disaster for coops when these red and orange dots suddenly start playing in the midst of the event. Ugh!  This is the only part of the event that is heart-wrenching!
    Are you completely insane bf ?? Christmas tree 15,000 chicken feeds I have to get, make 320 a go - would you like us to use  gold and seaweed - or be here 24/7 
      It will not be my gold .. is Greek Catholic with the low dekoer  45+ for helping 33% the first week ??
    You have to get better to reward us  - bigfarm - or I boycott that tree
    and have no hens..flot NOT
      Used seaweed and gold first week and got 33% extra for help - it was nothing in deko value even though I helped most, so do not you wanna .. who's bothering a week for a 45+ deko ..Er i helt fra den ..?? juletræ 15.000 hønsefoder skal jeg skaffe , laver 320 pr gang - vil i ha man bruger guld og tang
    det blir ikke af mig .. er græsk katolsk med de lave dekoer
    i må oppe jer bigfarm - eller jeg boykotter det træ
    og har ingen høns ..flot NOT
    Brugte tang og guld første uge og fik 33% ekstra for hjælp -det var ingenting i deko-værdi selv om jeg hjalp mest , så gider man ikke.. hvem gider knokle en uge for en 45+ deko 

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    It seems to be a case of.....hey we give u seaweed as compensation but now we will force you to use 5 to 10 times that amount to complete a shortened version of Chapter 3. So what happens to those that decide to play Chapter 3? They end up using a lot more resources than they would have if the event ran properly to begin with and this compensation turns out to be completely useless.

I have that added pressure of being leader of a coop so part of me wants to play this event and contribute all I can to the cause BUT I can't bring myself to do so because its so blatantly obvious to me that the reward at the end of the event stinks! The seaweed compensation is a better reward than the Christmas list decoration so i'd rather let it sit in storage to be used on a better more rewarding event. It should be a time giving but all GGS seem to be doing with this event is taking all the fun out of the game forcing leaders into sad strategies like removing red and orange dots and pressuring players that remain to contribute their time and resources to an event that to be honest is average at best.
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I will ignore the event - simple as that, and I suggest others do the same, if you like me believe that the tasks are ridiculous - nearly 15.000 wheat, 1700 'makrel-fish', 4700 wet pigfeed, 28.700 milk(!!), 10360 cherries (!! -, 3960 Bee-wax(!) and 360 flowerperfume (thats the easy one!)...
    I dont think so! 
    It's a coop event, but as others have mentioned it simply doesnt work, when we have to boot less active players - it doesnt do anything good for the coop-idea, where I guess the idea is that we move together and not just split up!
    Last time the event ran, we were head over heals to help one another in our little Koop - and succeeded, but as chapter 2 openened we could easy calgulate that this would be up hill, all that work, trouble, just for a deco.
    Golduse, seaweed, glitter, etc etc. - cost so much more than I'd ever pay for a deco...so there....

• Are you completely insane bf ?? Christmas tree 15,000 chicken feeds I have to get, make 320 a go - would you like us to use  gold and seaweed - or be here 24/7 
      It will not be my gold .. is Greek Catholic with the low dekoer  45+ for helping 33% the first week ??
      Used seaweed and gold first week and got 33% extra for help - it was nothing in deko value even though I helped most, so do not you wanna .. who's bothering a week for a 45+ deko ..Er i helt fra den ..?? juletræ 15.000 hønsefoder skal jeg skaffe , laver 320 pr gang - vil i ha man bruger guld og tang
    Brugte tang og guld første uge og fik 33% ekstra for hjælp -det var ingenting i deko-værdi selv om jeg hjalp mest , så gider man ikke.. hvem gider knokle en uge for en 45+ deko 
  • I will ignore the event - simple as that, and I suggest others do the same, if you like me believe that the tasks are ridiculous - nearly 15.000 wheat, 1700 'makrel-fish', 4700 wet pigfeed, 28.700 milk(!!), 10360 cherries (!! -, 3960 Bee-wax(!) and 360 flowerperfume (thats the easy one!)...
    I dont think so! 
    It's a coop event, but as others have mentioned it simply doesnt work, when we have to boot less active players - it doesnt do anything good for the coop-idea, where I guess the idea is that we move together and not just split up!
    Last time the event ran, we were head over heals to help one another in our little Koop - and succeeded, but as chapter 2 openened we could easy calgulate that this would be up hill, all that work, trouble, just for a deco.
    Golduse, seaweed, glitter, etc etc. - cost so much more than I'd ever pay for a deco...so there....

I will ignore the event - simple as that, and I suggest others do the same, if you like me believe that the tasks are ridiculous - nearly 15.000 wheat, 1700 'makrel-fish', 4700 wet pigfeed, 28.700 milk(!!), 10360 cherries (!! -, 3960 Bee-wax(!) and 360 flowerperfume (thats the easy one!)...
    I dont think so! 

• Are you completely insane bf ?? Christmas tree 15,000 chicken feeds I have to get, make 320 a go - would you like us to use  gold and seaweed - or be here 24/7 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    When the cc start
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Any body know when it will start
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 15.12.2017
    I may have posted my view on the Christmas Prep Event reloaded version in the wrong thread, so will repeat is here:

What worries me most is:
    - we were very excited when reading that the amounts in 2nd phase would be decreased with 25%; but the 1st phase still shows overwhelming amounts on our list! How to reach 2nd phase???
    - only 3 (+ 12 hours) days left for Chapter 3 ... so how is this fair?

This means this Christmas Prep Event can only be completed when using huge amounts of gold!

Santa's List 2015 was great, best event ever! Santa's List 2016 sadly got (once again) a competitive character - but worked fine and was still doable with lots of efforts, humus + 'gifts' from the twins .... but this year the amounts required are insurmountable high and now the 3rd Chapter has been shortened in days also! Except for being bugged, this year the Christmas Event doesn't seem doable at all.

What do I tell my coop members? That we may be able to complete the 3rd chapter by emptying all our storage of humus, super seeds, seaweed products and all our 'gifts' from the twins, helping each other out everywhere possible .... but than have to leave chapter 4 idle, coz we won't have the means anymore to complete that one (???). As a leader I find it difficult to bring my members this message, and it would be a huge bummer to our whole coop.

Don't get me wrong: the post from CM Hunter is highly appreciated and we are very grateful for the compensations - but I'm just lost when it comes to this Christmas Event. One would think that at least once a year - during festive times where we talk about peace and togetherness - GGS would launch an event which brings nothing but fun & joy and is at least doable for all players!
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • As a little player (Lev 57) it will not be possible to do the Christmas event.
    Now,should I fail my coop, by not playing the christmasevent?, or should I fail them by not being able to do missions later tonight for the CC - because my production will locked to other project.?
    -No I will not buy Gold to finish the tasks... and the gold Ive earned, will not be used here either..learned my lesson well!
    This is sooooo bad..:(

1560 aborre
    8390 æg
    7540 alfalfa
    17950 kål
    2490 byg (på gourmet)
    810 vanilje
    670 smuk buket

Sign In to comment.