Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

CHWE - Cooperative Hard Worker Event

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I agree with FarmerMarkD's post.  Trust is not just given after it has been broken.  We are not just going to say, "Ok, we trust we will get our prizes next time even though this time you made no real consideration for top placing coops or attempt to let us know early on that coops would not get prizes ". 

Trust must be earned. Especially after such a horrible flop of multiple events.  Please start fixing what is broken and making sure we get the prizes that are promised to us so that we CAN trust in Bigfarm and the team producing these events. 
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    @FarmerMarkD (US1)

I couldnt have said it any better.
  • CordeliaAnne (US1)CordeliaAnne (US1) Posts: 98
    edited 13.12.2017
    This has been said many times before by multiple people, but I'm going to say it again. We all know the game is buggy as heck right now. There have been multiple instances of earned rewards not being received, rankings being screwed up, and events just plain breaking down in the middle. So WHY are people still hemorrhaging gold? If you're not certain something will work, put a decent effort in, but don't spend special resources on it. Save those for when things have really and truly been fixed.
    And if, knowing all of this, you still can't help yourself and spend gold and supplies on something, don't whine and moan when it goes wrong about all the real money you spent. Yes, it's wrong that you spent real money and didn't get what you paid for...but at this point, you have to have known that was a real possibility and you gambled anyway...and lost. Learn your lesson and move on, don't keep repeating the same cycle.
    Edit, adding: This is especially true in the case of the CHWE, which has yet to work correctly even once!
  • In an email from GGS this morning - an automated email, I was told there was a bug - I won't get my personal reward, our coop won't get the coop reward, and all the resources my coop members used and the coop used are just plain lost.

Now how is this acceptable?
    I got the same rubbish automated reply

I AGREE THE APOLOGY IS INSUFFICIENT, WE DON'T PLAY HWE FOR THE CRAPPY IN GAME REWARDS.  THEY MUST HAVE A ZILLION SCREEN SHOTS OF THE TOP 50, HOW HARD IS IT TO HONOR THE REWARDS PROMISED, EVEN IF THEY ARE TOO INEPT TO WORKOUT WHO THE WINNING COOPS REALLY WERE.

***Please do not post replies from support on the forums. Thank you! | Cuddly

Sorry Cuddly, didn't realise it was a secret as it was an automated reply, I assumed we all got the same, so nothing to hide..................
    @CuddlyFoxes Why is there such a big secret as to what the automated reply was or what any reply from support is?  GGS should reply in a constructive manner to all with good information.  Why are you trying to hide it or keep us from sharing it? Please explain!
    edited 13.12.2017
    This has been said many times before by multiple people, but I'm going to say it again. We all know the game is buggy as heck right now. There have been multiple instances of earned rewards not being received, rankings being screwed up, and events just plain breaking down in the middle. So WHY are people still hemorrhaging gold? If you're not certain something will work, put a decent effort in, but don't spend special resources on it. Save those for when things have really and truly been fixed.
    And if, knowing all of this, you still can't help yourself and spend gold and supplies on something, don't whine and moan when it goes wrong about all the real money you spent. Yes, it's wrong that you spent real money and didn't get what you paid for...but at this point, you have to have known that was a real possibility and you gambled anyway...and lost. Learn your lesson and move on, don't keep repeating the same cycle.
    That is YOUR opinion and that is fine.  However, anywhere in life and with anything that I spend real money on, I fully expect to get something I wanted in return. It is no different with a game.  If I spend cash and put effort in, I EXPECT to get what I was promised.  That is what Support is supposed to be there for.  This particular issue has never been a problem up until now. You ask why people are "still hemorrhaging gold", it is because they can. While some may go to the movies, or shopping, or out to an expensive dinner, or maybe even buy a house, some use this game as their source of entertainment, spend gold on a regular basis simply seeing it a payment for their entertainment.  I have bought gold, maybe not a lot but when I use gold I expect to get what I am promised for whatever I am using it for. For you to tell people how to play their game or not to whine and moan if they are going to continue to spend money on this game is not fair and very judgmental.   I don't think those that have heavy losses right now need any patronizing, what they need is what they were promised and we can all move on and be happy. 

Merry Christmas Everyone and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Edited to add: Although the CHWE was introduced 3 times, the first 2 times the server was reset and at most players lost their line up but the rankings were sorted properly and players STILL got the rewards promised.
    Post edited by Shay1968 (US1) on
  • @CuddlyFoxes Why is there such a big secret as to what the automated reply was or what any reply from support is?  GGS should reply in a constructive manner to all with good information.  Why are you trying to hide it or keep us from sharing it? Please explain!
    Hey @Craftycritters (US1) it is against the forum rules to post replies from support or private messages on the forum. If there's any issue with support, players can send the replies in a private message to one of the mods or CMs so it can be looked at.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Edit, adding: This is especially true in the case of the CHWE, which has yet to work correctly even once!
    Hear hear! Indeed me too, I am amazed why one would want to throw huge amounts of time, energy and above all gold (!) into an event of which one can tell from the very start that it is broken or bugged. But if you do, if you want to continue playing a bugged feature of the game, than this is your own choice and responsibility, don't blame others when things go wrong and not getting the expected outcome or rewards ...
    Hear hear! Indeed me too, I am amazed why one would want to throw huge amounts of time, energy and above all gold (!) into an event of which one can tell from the very start that it is broken or bugged. But if you do, if you want to continue playing a bugged feature of the game, than this is your own choice and responsibility, don't blame others when things go wrong and not getting the expected outcome or rewards ...
    Don't blame others?  Are you serious??  If you go to the theater and the movie burns up and cannot be played, do you just go home and say oh, well it is nobodies fault but my own that I spent money on a movie ticket to see the show that I cannot see? Do you buy a TV and get it home and it does not work and say oh well it is my own fault I spent money on a TV that does not work??   It is the responsibility of the game provider to provide what they have promised.  If this is your way of thinking in life I feel really bad.  ALL companies often have some type of issues or defects but they usually FIX the problem or situation. 
  • loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 13.12.2017
    Hi Mods
    You are getting enough flak at the moment...so will not add to it  ( i already said my piece the other day) .. So can you ask the developers or the programmer ( whoever it was who did the hot fix earlier) to fix the hot fix they did as it as now broken the deep sea fishing village...well the writing all lop sided when you hover over the pools  and when you click on organic market the market as jumped to the fish market side now  was that part of the fix???... thanks  P.S also thanks for giving me my personal awards from the CHW xx
    Post edited by loron (GB1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Exactly.  If you know a vending machine is broken, you don't keep pumping quarters into it in the hopes you might get that bag of chips or a coke.  And, yes, by all means, keep complaining to management to fix the thing.  BUT UNTIL YOU KNOW IT'S FIXED, don't complain to anyone who will listen about how you keep losing your money.  Play smart.
    This was not a constant, continuous problem.  These problems JUST started happening.  How would anyone know.  As artful has said, "If you know a vending machine is broken, you don't keep pumping quarters into it in the hopes you might get that bag of chips or a coke:. That is correct, you walk across the street and try a different vending machine, you don't just instantly deem all vending machines as bad. Just like companies that designs a product, when there is a major problem they recall them, and put a new and improved product with a different design on the market and compensate those that have already bought them with the new and improved product or a refund.  When GGS pulls an event or there is something wrong with it we expect it to return new and improved and functional.  If it does not, we expect to still get what we paid for.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    The way I see things, the players that do not spend money should be thanking the players that do spend money for keeping their game free. Not belittling the ones who buy the gold.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 15.12.2017
    This has been said many times before by multiple people, but I'm going to say it again. We all know the game is buggy as heck right now. There have been multiple instances of earned rewards not being received, rankings being screwed up, and events just plain breaking down in the middle. So WHY are people still haemorrhaging gold? If you're not certain something will work, put a decent effort in, but don't spend special resources on it. Save those for when things have really and truly been fixed.
    Don't blame others?  Are you serious??  If you go to the theater and the movie burns up and cannot be played, do you just go home and say oh, well it is nobodies fault but my own that I spent money on a movie ticket to see the show that I cannot see? Do you buy a TV and get it home and it does not work and say oh well it is my own fault I spent money on a TV that does not work??   It is the responsibility of the game provider to provide what they have promised.  If this is your way of thinking in life I feel really bad.  ALL companies often have some type of issues or defects but they usually FIX the problem or situation. 

It's all about "one could have known" - if you know on beforehand that something is bugged or (partly) broken you wouldn't buy it!

- If I know on beforehand that the TV was broken = No, I would not buy that TV, in fact I would be considered stupid if I did! (but if I choose to buy it anyway (while I know there is a problem), I can't blame anyone else but myself when it doesn't work at home, right?)
    - If I know on beforehand the movie in the theatre can't be played = No, I would not buy a ticket, in fact I would be considered stupid if I did! (but if I choose to buy it anyway (while I know there is a problem), I can't blame anyone else but myself when the show can't be played, right?)
    - As I knew from the very start of the CC & the CHWE that these events were bugged and/or showed problems (as I could read in the forum) I chose to leave them idle; and some of my coop members chose to play it, but on a very low level, not putting in much effort and certainly not using any gold. On the US1 server the CK tent wasn't even there as from the start so you knew the feature was bugged ....

No, I don't like all the problems that occurred lately to so many features in the game, and I can't imagine any player would like that ... but the player still has some own personal responsibility, right? That was what the question in the aforementioned post was about, wasn't it? About WHY players still put huge efforts & time and are still haemorrhaging gold while all the signs are there that that specific feature in the game is bugged / or doesn't work properly ... 

So - like artful does - I do agree with what CordeliaAnne wrote .... 
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • 307Hal (US1)307Hal (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    edited 15.12.2017
    Hey! No one knew the extent of the problems or that there would not be a fix at some point
    as there has been in the past.
    We played in good faith to support our coop(s)..what is wrong with that?
    AND..i am not blaming anyone, except GGS
    BTW..Looks as though FarmerKar is right & we are paying your way!

FarmerKar (US1) said:
    The way I see things, the players that do not spend money should be thanking the players that do spend money for keeping their game free. Not belittling the ones who buy the gold.

edited 15.12.2017
    We are talking specifically about the CHWE in this post.  The CHWE has been released twice before.  Both times there was a display error with the coop rankings.  Both times GGS reset the server and the rankings showed properly and everyone got their prizes as promised.  This third time the CHWE was introduced we saw the same display errors, everything else was running normal.  However, THIS TIME the server was not reset and the ranking all stayed as is and the players were not informed there would be NO coop ranking rewards until 6 hours before the event ended.  So please tell me how the players would KNOW they would get no prizes. And please tell me how it is the player's fault that the server was not reset at usual to properly display the ranking scores. It is plain and simple, players spent gold to win the prizes that were promised and many did not receive them.  This thread is not about whether a person should spend gold or not. This thread is not about whether someone should have realized an event was not functioning properly. This thread is not to scold those that have spent gold.  This thread was specify started by someone that wanted to express their unhappiness of the offered compensation for the outcome and lack of prizes for the recent CHWE.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    They said that the development team has only one balancer which may make the game not balanced if that person is not participating in development.  
    The apology talks about the schedule of developing Big Farm in general using the CHWE as an example.  They said that they will improve their way and write better code and fix bugs.  
  • FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    Don't feed the troll.
  • Why would i want to want my time  money and gold if all GGS  has to say  is  there is a glitch and  we wont be doing  any thing about it but hay have i got a deal for you,    we will restart christmas event , you know the one we said  messed every thing up so   that  Coop Challenge was cancelled and th CHWE  that was so messed up   that we are not going to bother give the coops that  actually did the hard work  the prizes they deserve,  But enjoy the christmas even  we start at chapter3,  will see how bad we can mess you up again,, spend your gold and money and   if it dont work  again we apologize and well no prizes,  just like th CHWE,   thanks for playing BIG FARM
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

Totally agree, I walked away from the CHWE after it was reset for the 2nd time.  I don't have the money or the resources to keep playing when I know that the event is not going to work properly.  
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

Nobody is belittling players who buy gold - I ALSO buy gold as do my daughters - but I don't throw that gold away on an obviously bugged event. 
  • barb24 (AU1)barb24 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 21
    edited 14.12.2017
    I just got this morning my due individual prizes ( GML Yay! ) for the CHWE, so relieved at least. 
    That said I just don't want at the moment any kind of new thing. Since the Christmas Event was stuffed, can we have as a Chrissy present 2 weeks vacation from 'new ideas' please?  :)
  • You did read the actual compensation list posted, right? You know, the one that was posted here: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/168842/announcement-a-sincere-apology ? If not, I suggest giving it a read. I play two of GGS's games, and am used to lousy/non-existent compensation, but this is the best I've seen them do so far. Especially with the coop apple orchard, which I was screwed out of due to age (group didn't like my age, so I couldn't get any of the good stuff at all). For a lot of us, that's a pretty good boost. Might not help groups like Brat Pack, but that's what happens when you lock up first place prizes for over a year straight :). And two, they can't POSSIBLY try to give coop's ranking rewards when there's no way to really know who won what place. The system's ranks were inaccurate, so how would they know to gift the right people with the right prizes. The compensation is the closest they can reasonably get, otherwise groups that appeared to be in 9th place but were actually in 205th place get rewards they didn't actually earn.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 14.12.2017

Nobody is belittling players who buy gold - I ALSO buy gold as do my daughters - but I don't throw that gold away on an obviously bugged event. 
    Well when they fixed it the first two times they ran it how was anyone supposed to know there would not be a fix???   Especially when they removed the other non working events!

Furthermore, it does no good for any of us to come on these posts bickering back and forth....Point is....GGS knew Monday morning when they hit the office the CHWE was a flop and we were screwed. They could have said something then instead of waiting until a few hours before it ended a day later. 
  • FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    The system's ranks were inaccurate, so how would they know to gift the right people with the right prizes. 
    Um - take the individual scores of each player in each coop at the end of the event, add them together and see who is on top? Give me a list and I can create a spreadsheet. Pretty basic math. You think GGS doesn't have this information? Think again.
  • Speaking of rewards that have not been recieved, I never got silver coins at the end of the World competition.  I dont think anyone in my coop did either.  Just saying...
    I see some people have been getting flag happy again.  I hope the mods will let those flaggers know that it is abuse to flag non-abusive and non-vulgar posts. 
  • Gohan139 (US1)Gohan139 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 14.12.2017
    GGS apology, well written by CM Hunter - but SO NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

I appreciate the moderators. They don't make the decisions, they are the messengers of GGS decisions, and sometimes that's a very tough job.

GGS offers a lot of events in Big Farm, without them the game would be boring. Each event offers its own reward. It's up to each player what they want to do to obtain that reward; how much farm cash, gold, special seeds, seaweed, etc., what each player wants to use of their resources.

If we don't have an absolute assurance from GGS that we will receive the rewards we work for, then what is the point of playing this game?

In an email from GGS this morning - an automated email, I was told there was a bug - I won't get my personal reward, our coop won't get the coop reward, and all the resources my coop members used and the coop used are just plain lost.

Now how is this acceptable?

8 in the top 10 finishing, I can go on, many more screenshots. All of this for a coop apple and some skins???

Now show me the score of the team you gave the #1 prizes to!!!  
    Um, just letting you know, if you'd read the announcement, NO ONE received any ranking prizes in the CWHE due to the rankings being a flop. So before making such bold (and frankly quite funny) demands, how about actually reading, and realizing the rewards were never given out because of the ranking being inaccurate.

Announcement: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/168762/announcement-coop-hard-worker-event-coop-ranking-info#latest
  • Gohan139 (US1)Gohan139 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 14.12.2017
    Ok, just putting this out there, I can't recall how many times I've seen this argument. Yes, you guys keep the game running, and yes, you are the ones that supply GGS their income. However, you're not the only ones here.Would you really enjoy the CC or missions/other competitions if you had to compete with only the gold whales, as I call them? Don't discount non buyers' points of view, especially when they have a point. I used farm dollars on chapter one for the village happiness. Am I demanding a refund? God, no! I know I spent on a deco, and it's actually kinda better than what I was going to get initially. Point being, the non buyers are responsible for this game being here as much as any gold whale. You provide the income, we provide the reason for playing: friends, competition, you name it. Without the non buyers, you hardly have a game.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Nobody's belittling the gold spenders. We love the gold spenders.  Many of us will be rejoining their ranks if and when they put a gold lock in place.  My point is, if you're going to keep going to the crooked casino knowing you may be losing your money, don't keep complaining because you lost your money.  And if they didn't know things can and will break around here, and didn't notice the red flags popping up all over, then they aren't paying attention.  Spend the gold all you want.  We're happy for you to do so. 
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    There are a couple of ways to look at this issue.  

First -  Mary Wisc is correct.  Her cooperative did amazingly well, and deserve to receive their prizes, and they need to be better than the "general compensation" offered server wide.   They did the work, they made the production levels and used resources and premium items to do so.    WELL DONE !

Secondly -   These Co operative Challenge Events of which there are now a selection of them, need to be fairly balanced and run properly.   FIX THEM OR DON'T RUN THEM. 

Thirdly -    Server wide compensation is generally good for all players, but it does NOTHING to spur on competitive challenges.    Furthermore setting goals at these extreme production levels is not conducive to player competition.   The majority of Farms and Co operatives are not able to produce these amounts and this points to the main problem with CHWE.   Since it's induction, it has become the "Lame Duck" event of the challenges.   It requires entirely too much game play, and too many resources and premium cash for the majority of players.   In a nutshell,  This event needs to be rebalanced, and the older version of HWE should still be offered.     
Sign In to comment.