Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 13th/14th - New Themed Events and More! - Discussion

Comments

• MY DECO HAPINNES 58 AND 2 VILLAGE HAPPINES :V and u want give me standar hapiness? OMG
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    What happened to the silo? She won 15 place and did not get anything from gift!!!.Not gold license, not decoration is nothing !!!
    SAME earned a prize didn't get -- although sadly i was not in line for the GMLs
    i have a questions when the santa list is brought back and those of us who no longer wish to participate in protest or because it is not worth it or whatever - are we going to hurt our co-op??? are we forced to participate now in order to not hurt the rest?

Looking forward to a better 2018.

Mark
    don't hold your breath too long waiting

• CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    I prefer all the free winter appearance for buildings, not only simple house and chicken coop.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    i have a questions when the santa list is brought back and those of us who no longer wish to participate in protest or because it is not worth it or whatever - are we going to hurt our co-op??? are we forced to participate now in order to not hurt the rest?
    Yes, if you harvest an item on your list, you'll automatically start the event; if you don't finish it (and/or your Co-Op doesn't finish your list for you), then they will not receive the Deco for that chapter and become ineligible for the Chapter 5 Deco.

Some people on the forum have noted that just *logging in* automatically starts the event in some cases, but I have yet to confirm that with my own two eyes.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It depends on the coop.  If yours isn't doing the event, it won't matter. 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Wow what a joke after letting us know we didn't registered our self during the week sh** happens I know but that much at the end fox said that best wishes from ur community :joy:
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    If you don't want to quit farming, you're welcome to join our coop for the duration.  When it's over, you can return to your coop or stay with us -- no worries either way. (Description is in my signature.)
  • Just got home from a night shift expecting to load my gold mining licence that I won in the HWE and guess what, it hasn`t arrived. Tbh, not a complete surprise as GGS seem to mess everything up these days. This event was supposed to replace the broken cc, and it did, like for like, load of old cobblers. They had better start getting their act together. I`ve had two players quit this week due to the rubbish being served up, with more likely. Its just not good enough.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Next time we are facing a compensation for another cancelled event i'd like:
    - 2gold mining licenses for all
    - 2 skins of our choice from all available skins 
    - funky decoration of exploding machinery to commemorate latest bug glich

:D  :D:D
  • malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    Q: What are skins?
    A: Skins are used for compensation.
    Winter skins for winter bugs n crashes
    Summer skins for summer crashes etc....
    If you find too much skins in our farms those are all monumental trophies of great GGS bugs and crashes....
    Eg: After chapter 3,4,5 reloads, crashes and compensations, all our farms will look like this....

Merry x'mas
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Are we getting the GMLs that we did not get for being in the top 50 of the HW?  or the decos for top 25?
    If you don't want to quit farming, you're welcome to join our coop for the duration.  When it's over, you can return to your coop or stay with us -- no worries either way. (Description is in my signature.)

Ty very much artful
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    None of us are that impressed but it is unreasonable to have a go at the Mods, they are players in their own right and do as much as they are able to help the rest of us .
    New themed events are in my view welcome, you can chose to do them or not, and pick your level . No competition, only stressful if you decide it will be .
     Glad to see the Xmas Preparation event is to come back, its popular in my co op, gets everyone working together , although the rewards are not that wonderful . Reduced requirements won't hurt , we normally ignore stage 3, not worth the effort .
      it seems the events that cause all the trouble  involve coop rankings , so why not forget them, apart from the odd Coop Championship, say monthly would be about right IMHO . Certainly the Coop HardWorker is useless , it has caused mayhem each time, just forget it and redo .
    Well said. We had no issues with the Christmas event. Even when they started the second chapter early, we were done with the first one with all players showing 100% minus 1 that is rebuilding from a total loss in the texas Hurricane. We were 6 people short and already on the bonus part of the early released second chapter when they took it. and we already had everyone in place to tend to those people as they came in to play. We were able to finish another player within thirty minutes of their arrival once they logged in. We had no issues with the Christmas event. We are in agreement with the bonus part not being worth the effort, we played the first item both personal and for the co-op just so we could make a showing, then we played at it but did not give it our all. We spent the time rebuilding and strategizing for the next chapter. 
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Yeah I tend to agree with the majority here.......the compensation package is terrible. If many have used gold seaweed humus etc the compensation should consist of these items. I personally care little about how my farm looks so the skins are useless to me....i'm all about efficiency and profits not looks. If chicken coops had snow on them the chickens would freeze   :p

There's obviously something seriously wrong with the game and a lot of it stems around the Xmas and Coop Hardworker event. Why bother bringing that back, it starts at Chapter 3 and chances are it will malfunction yet again. The best thing to do would be to put this down as a failure this year and try to have it fixed and ready for next Xmas. I'd rather play something that works then have to fumble around bugs and errors constantly just because GGS is too stubborn to admit its broken. 
    I agree. If you do bring anything back, bring back the Christmas event of 2015. That one seemed to run without problems and gave us nice gifts. I was fairly new to the game at the time and yet I was able to make a clear showing that I was a worthy gamer freshly picked to be in the co-op. There are so many items needed and from areas not yet explored by some of the younger less leveled players which has to be frustrating. We step up and pull them across the finish line since that is what being in a co-op is all about, it is not one for one, it is all for one. We are part of your all, we helped build your business. Please keep that in mind as you put more on us with each update and we attempt to rise to the challenges. Our younger players our struggling. I am seasoned and find myself overwhelmed at times.  
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    After reading all the comments, I do agree that the compensation isn't adequate in general  At the same time, I can see where any compensation would fall short for some, and be a boon for others.  There just isn't any way to do this fairly and evenly except to go beyond the players' lowered expectations and hand out some serious gold.

But, we as players, need to take some responsibility.  When you see an event isn't working probably, or encounter some glitches early on, red flags should be popping up.  And when that happens, the prudent thing to do is to stop and walk away.  Surely the past year and a half (yes, it's been going on longer than "just a few months) should have taught us not to continue to throw gold, seaweed, and resources on something that either has a track record of failure (Santa's Prep), something that obviously is broken (CC, CHWE), or something brand new that hasn't proven to be bug free yet (Cat's Tree).

The CC fooled us all as it was an established event.  However, when it was obvious from the start something was wrong, many coops continued to push and do missions and spend gold and hope against hope that it would miraculously be all right in the end.  The smart ones said, "let's skip this one"  (It's not as if there won't be another one just around the corner, is it?) The same is true for the CHWE -- when the Coops didn't show up in the rankings, all expectations of Coop rewards should have gone out the window.

But, no, we continue to pour good money after bad and then blame GGS because the game is broken.  Yes, the game is broken, and that lies squarely on their shoulders.  But we know the game is broken, and should take heed.  If you still want to spend gold and seaweed and time and resources knowing there's only a 50/50 chance of getting what you've been promised, then go for it.  It's your money. But we all need to quit whinging because we were cheated again -- caveat emptor.

Hear hear!
  • Kim Lewis (GB1)Kim Lewis (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    I would be quite prepared to work my farm for a couple of weeks with no event, hw's cc or whatever, in order to put this whole mess right.  Bringing in new events when already established one's are not working is ludicrous. I made little effort in this last hw because I could see it was not going to be put right over a weekend.  Maybe its time for some new blood to run this show because some people really are getting fed up, and talking about finding other games to play, which is a shame.
  • Kim Lewis (GB1)Kim Lewis (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    Oh, and when I open my forum page its in another language again! 
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    edited 13.12.2017
    Well there I was 14th on the HWE and it disappeared without giving me any prizes -  in particular the GML.
    I was 28th And my GML has not arrived Nice act Scrooge McBF?? This game is really starting to fall apart..As for the Winter skins X 2 compensation NOT Happy!!! 

You need to watch the official announcements in other Category - pretty sure this answers you question. Not sure you'll like the answer though  :-/
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/168762/coop-hard-worker-event-coop-ranking-info#latest

edit: took away double link
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    edited 13.12.2017
     Do we have a start time for Update/Events today?

*edit to add: I just read somewhere update was expected between 1630-1800 is that 430-6pm tonight?
    I'm on Eastern standard time and military time is confusing to me, sorry.*
    Post edited by SandiOne (US1) on
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    Hi GGS or BF or whoever reads our comments,  We all like new events and new items. But right now its Christmas Time, we would like to continue with the Christmas Tree. We know every new event has bugs, but we did this as Santa Wish List last year and it went fine. Maybe you need to drop some of the other events while the Christmas event runs. HURRY before Christmas is over. Thank You

Ty very much artful
    You're welcome.  We have an open door policy. All are welcome for a visit, or to stay, as long as we have room. :)
  • malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    Will something is going to happen today?
    In our part of the world 13th is almost over....
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Please no more trashing GGS and accusing them of a number of unfair things.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/168842/announcement-a-sincere-apology
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Now I can rest peacefully now.  :)
  • DoctorX (INT1)DoctorX (INT1) Posts: 139
    edited 13.12.2017
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/168842/announcement-a-sincere-apology#latest

Every player will receive the chapter 1 and chapter 2 decorations from the Christmas Preparations event with a Village Happiness value of 15 and Normal Happiness value of 45 (these will appear in your inventory with no popup or message)
    - The event will also restart with the update - chapters 1 and 2 will be completed and you will be able to continue from chapter 3
    - The third phase of the event will feature a 25% reduction in requirements to allow you to gain even more Happiness points for the remaining chapters
    - The Happy Hour will be extended an additional week and the bonuses increased from the original planned amounts

Every player will also receive the following package:

- Snowbound chicken coop skin
    - Snowbound simple house skin
    - 500 x Decoration parts
    - 30 x Seaweed humus
    - 100 x Seaweed Fertiliser
    - 100 x Seaweed feed

And for the ranking issues with the Cooperative Hard Work Event every player will receive:

- 2 x Gold mystery boxes
    - 1 x Free range cowshed skin
    - 1 x Free range pigsty skin
    - 1 x Cooperative apple orchard
  • I thought that there was suppose to have been an update on Wed. 12/13.  Today is Wed 12/13 and it's 5 pm CET Wed 12/13 so it looks to me like there won't be anything done on any of this stuff today during CET time.  Where's the Christmas event and where all the compensationed packages?  I haven't seen anything new added to my supplies and when they are added where will we find all of these items?
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    The skins are a useless and insulting compensation. How about something that actually helps our farms in a practical way.
Sign In to comment.