Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 13th/14th - New Themed Events and More! - Discussion

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

I am in the minority here, as I feel that the proposed compensation is very welcome.  How on earth can GGS be expected to work out how much gold/sp seeds/seaweed every single player of this game used?  Some players would have used a lot and others would have used none - there would never be a perfect solution to this problem.  I am also looking forward to the new events, it is something we have been asking for for a long time, and the skins will be very useful.  I have my main farm with some winter items and buildings while others buildings have flags and flowers on them.

I think that the Mods are doing a great job in difficult circumstances and would like to thank them for all their help and hard work to try to keep everyone happy.

I second this ....

I for one am sufficiently satisfied with the compensations and excited with all upcoming events!! Our coop is glad to still get a chance to complete the Christmas Preparations Event, as we expected it to be gone forever! Hopefully it'll work fine this time and the bugs can be kept away!

Above all I am thrilled with the new 'snowbound skins' for our farm, I love the beautiful graphics!! The animals wearing scarves & bonnets and those little red heaters near the stables are so funny!!
  • com·pen·sa·tion - Something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

RETURN ALL OF THESE ITEMS FOR PROPER COMPENSATION!!
    1. GOLD  Image result for Gold coins

2.Image result for Sparkles

3. Image result for Fertilizer

4. Image result for cow feed
    i just love this posting :) -- maybe pics will help them get the point
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 12.12.2017
    What you tend to forget when you use your speed up gold, seaweed fertilizer etc is that it is not just for the benefit of the Xmas event. You do actually get the benefit of the extra or faster harvests, and when you donate for others you still get your farm cash.

So how exactly do you expect GGS to compensate you fairly?

Should they simply rewind the game to before chapter 2 started? No one wants that.

Should they look at how much gold, seaweed stuff etc you had before the chapter started, see how much you've spent, and give you that? What about if some gold was spent on blue building upgrades or land expansions? How could they distinguish what was actually used for the event?

If there was simply an across the board payment of say 1000 gold to everyone, there are many who would get it undeservedly since they hardly even played the event and others who would complain because they spent 20,000 gold and where's the rest for them. The fact is (as I said before) you still got the benefit of the speedup or whatever with those harvests, event-related or not.

I feel the whingers here are a vocal minority. It is completely unrealistic to expect a "fair" compensation for each player as what was actually used for the event is virtually impossible to assess.
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    @CuddlyFoxes

So if the coop is not listed on the ranking and as you say it will not receive it rewards. What will happen now to the hard work and expenses the coop incurred because they still continue to play the event even if it's broken hoping that you will fix the event before it ends.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 13.12.2017
    After reading all the comments, I do agree that the compensation isn't adequate in general  At the same time, I can see where any compensation would fall short for some, and be a boon for others.  There just isn't any way to do this fairly and evenly except to go beyond the players' lowered expectations and hand out some serious gold.

But, we as players, need to take some responsibility.  When you see an event isn't working properly, or encounter some glitches early on, red flags should be popping up.  And when that happens, the prudent thing to do is to stop and walk away.  Surely the past year and a half (yes, it's been going on longer than "just a few months) should have taught us not to continue to throw gold, seaweed, and resources on something that either has a track record of failure (Santa's Prep), something that obviously is broken (CC, CHWE), or something brand new that hasn't proven to be bug free yet (Cat's Tree).

The CC fooled us all as it was an established event.  However, when it was obvious from the start something was wrong, many coops continued to push and do missions and spend gold and hope against hope that it would miraculously be all right in the end.  The smart ones said, "let's skip this one"  (It's not as if there won't be another one just around the corner, is it?) The same is true for the CHWE -- when the Coops didn't show up in the rankings, all expectations of Coop rewards should have gone out the window.

But, no, we continue to pour good money after bad and then blame GGS because the game is broken.  Yes, the game is broken, and that lies squarely on their shoulders.  But we know the game is broken, and should take heed.  If you still want to spend gold and seaweed and time and resources knowing there's only a 50/50 chance of getting what you've been promised, then go for it.  It's your money. But we all need to quit whinging because we were cheated again -- caveat emptor.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    .... The same is true for the CHWE -- when the Coops didn't show up in the rankings, all expectations of Coop rewards should have gone out the window. .....
    I disagree with this because in the past GGS has rest the servers and the rankings were corrected. They have insisted in the past it was a display error and would be corrected and most coops at this point would not be wrong in thinking they would reset the servers again.  Although correcting the issue often reset all the items set up already in the silo it would reset and show the proper rankings for coops. The players cannot be blamed for the issues caused by GGS's programmers.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    .... The same is true for the CHWE -- when the Coops didn't show up in the rankings, all expectations of Coop rewards should have gone out the window. .....
    I disagree with this because in the past GGS has rest the servers and the rankings were corrected. They have insisted in the past it was a display error and would be corrected and most coops at this point would not be wrong in thinking they would reset the servers again.  Although correcting the issue often reset all the items set up already in the silo it would reset and show the proper rankings for coops. The players cannot be blamed for the issues caused by GGS's programmers.
    1-Please reread my post carefully, Shay. I said the blame for problems with the game lies squarely on the shoulders of GGS.

2-And any time there is an issue, none of us, given recent track history, should presume that anything is corrected, even if we are told it has been. Caution is called for, not blind faith.

We know the history.  We know it's apt to repeat itself. We need to step back and realize there will continue to be a 50/50 chance of not getting what we expect. If we choose to go forward, knowing all of this, then there shouldn't be howls of outrage when things go wrong... because lately, most of the time they will.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    You call this an apology!!!!!! 
    Lets see:
    Gold
    a full set of skins 
    a themed building (cow, pig,donkey....etc.....)
    a premium deco....
    thats waht i call an apology. 2 skins and some seaweed is not an apology for all the mess you made this week, is just joking of us.and also INT1 server hasnt got the coins from the last week at WWCC. so make a TRUE APOLOGY FOR A CHANGE and stope taking joke of us, stop releasing new events without fixing once for all the running once and show us you really care of your costumers
    @CuddlyFoxes What time on the 13th will the update take place?
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    After reading all the comments, I do agree that the compensation isn't adequate in general  At the same time, I can see where any compensation would fall short for some, and be a boon for others.  There just isn't any way to do this fairly and evenly except to go beyond the players' lowered expectations and hand out some serious gold.

But, we as players, need to take some responsibility.  When you see an event isn't working probably, or encounter some glitches early on, red flags should be popping up.  And when that happens, the prudent thing to do is to stop and walk away.  Surely the past year and a half (yes, it's been going on longer than "just a few months) should have taught us not to continue to throw gold, seaweed, and resources on something that either has a track record of failure (Santa's Prep), something that obviously is broken (CC, CHWE), or something brand new that hasn't proven to be bug free yet (Cat's Tree).

The CC fooled us all as it was an established event.  However, when it was obvious from the start something was wrong, many coops continued to push and do missions and spend gold and hope against hope that it would miraculously be all right in the end.  The smart ones said, "let's skip this one"  (It's not as if there won't be another one just around the corner, is it?) The same is true for the CHWE -- when the Coops didn't show up in the rankings, all expectations of Coop rewards should have gone out the window.

But, no, we continue to pour good money after bad and then blame GGS because the game is broken.  Yes, the game is broken, and that lies squarely on their shoulders.  But we know the game is broken, and should take heed.  If you still want to spend gold and seaweed and time and resources knowing there's only a 50/50 chance of getting what you've been promised, then go for it.  It's your money. But we all need to quit whinging because we were cheated again -- caveat emptor.
    Artful, VERY well said.  It needs repeating.   

My own coop will be ignoring the return of this broken event completely.
    One other, has posted requests for our opinions on what to work on and what not.  I strongly encouraged them all to let this broken thieving event go.  And the leanings from others sending group notes are about the same.  Too much pressure at the most busy time of year for people.  
    The third of my coops already has a policy of play what you like, play to have fun and no pressure.   (I love that US coop.) 

I think for everyone who has gone flipping angry over lost resources and a broken event, the best message you can send to GG is ignore it.  Let them know what works and this one most certainly did not.
    And if you want to try again anyway?   Well don't cry when it doesn't work…. again.  I have NO expectations of any of this new stuff actually working.  Especially when they will be launching more than one new thing at a time.   Oh the horror! 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

All these people who claim to be such pro and know everything and teach everyone else how and when and what to play .... they seriously crack me up 

People do what they do, which differs from what others do because that's their decision, and what players decide for their own gaming is no one else's business but their own, only concern being that they play within the rules and civil behavior 

So when they come to forum to express their opinions and views accept them, as the opinions and views of every single player. People give their feedback about the game on this forum, they are not here to give or receive a sermon 

• bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    @CuddlyFoxes What time on the 13th will the update take place?
    It they run this thing as all the other things over past few mouths, it should start at midnight 13th on the farm clock, it runs on CET time. Good luck & let's hope not to much go's wrong
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    If that is the case, then the event will start in about 2.5 hrs from now.
    That would be midnight here, so I highly doubt that
  • I'm also curious on what time this update on Wednesday, dec 13 is.  
    Please n thxbia
    GGS most often does their updates at midnight CET.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    GGS most often does their updates at midnight CET.
    Is that so...?

Howcome I am here - and awake when most updates are? And many others from my coop is? And only a very few (like 1 or 2) is night owls?

So I would more tend to think that it was but at 1pm+ - meaning in the AFTERNOON - which is way different than midnight.

Also.....I cant see the devs being in their offices at MIDNIGHT for running an update!
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    Actually they usually update afternoon CET, while many events start at midnight.

DD
  • barb24 (AU1)barb24 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 21
    Well there I was 14th on the HWE and it disappeared without giving me any prizes -  in particular the GML.
  • loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    I want my awards from the CHW it just ended and gave nothing ...... were is my awards for being 30 in the top 50 ????  and do you really think you can fleece us by putting on broken events  you need to give everyone back their gold...... sparkles... seaweed ....and also give back the groups the gold and dollars they spent on boosters for your rubbish events. Also sack the game programmer and employ someone who knows what they are doing. getting fed up of game now  :(
  • Compensation: This should be addition to a full refund. In real life, if you purchase something thats broken you take it back for a full refund. Thats not compensation. Compensation is getting an addition store credit for your troubles (and it also promotes good will). Supplying a faulty product then keeping the money when it breaks, looks like fraud to me. Refund laws in real life a very well defined, In online gaming not so much. 

Spin: We are getting a lot this lately (not having a shot at the Mods, I know they are just the mouth pieces). From the "Rebalance" of the fishing area (Rebalance meaning you now get 90% of your profits removed) Although we wont rebalance things like Lester's secret stash, Matilda's farm House or the Farm laboratory (these are crying out to be rebalanced). We are now told that we, thats right we players are the reason we are getting new (and most probably untested) events. "For a long time you’ve been asking to see events dedicated to the Gourmet and Flower Farms, and we now have some for you!". Players are calling for bug fixes, Gold protection (to stop accidental spending) and fewer Coop Challenges (but I know these a big cash cows). Nothing happening in those areas.

Looking forward to a better 2018.

Mark
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

It might get to the point that players will have to unite, hire a lawyer to represent them and get a reimbursement  

Single players, writing one by one to  their non existing customer support is not gonna do it

• Large farm great shame !!
  • What happened to the silo? She won 15 place and did not get anything from gift!!!.Not gold license, not decoration is nothing !!!
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    When the christmas preparation chapter 3 will start?
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    Well there I was 14th on the HWE and it disappeared without giving me any prizes -  in particular the GML.
    I was 28th And my GML has not arrived Nice act Scrooge McBF?? This game is really starting to fall apart..As for the Winter skins X 2 compensation NOT Happy!!! 
  • And the two new events for the flower and gourmet farms.   What about all the new players who don't even have those yet?  
    Don't you think this will be similar to those not in a co-op for any even requiring a co-op? and these even could actually be good for non-co-op players who miss out because they really don't like or are tired of bing in a co-op  OFC one has to assume these events will actually run and work ... Hard to think of that happening though
    yeah, when I'm low lvl (first time play BF), I dont have theme event, but when I enough level, I see themE event and that event only remain 2 days :v  same like horse competition, when I enough lvl its only remain 7 days :v SO NOTHING PROBLEM WITH NEW PLAYER WHO DONT HAVE GF,MF,, THEY JUST NEED TO LVL UP THEIR LVL 
Sign In to comment.