Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 13th/14th - New Themed Events and More! - Discussion

Comments

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    None of us are that impressed but it is unreasonable to have a go at the Mods, they are players in their own right and do as much as they are able to help the rest of us .
    New themed events are in my view welcome, you can chose to do them or not, and pick your level . No competition, only stressful if you decide it will be .
     Glad to see the Xmas Preparation event is to come back, its popular in my co op, gets everyone working together , although the rewards are not that wonderful . Reduced requirements won't hurt , we normally ignore stage 3, not worth the effort .
      it seems the events that cause all the trouble  involve coop rankings , so why not forget them, apart from the odd Coop Championship, say monthly would be about right IMHO . Certainly the Coop HardWorker is useless , it has caused mayhem each time, just forget it and redo .
  • geez @CuddlyFoxes you have an awful lot of unhappy customers :(  tough job

you can count me on the unhappy list.... and about your announcements....

the more exclamation points I see, the more bugs I expect....  

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Why are people upset about the resources used to acquire the Chapter 1 & Chapter 2 Decos?

Ok, so I used X amount of Seaweed to finish Chapter 1.  For what? To get the Deco.

And they're giving us the Deco. 

Therefore I haven't "lost" anything; I would have used that seaweed (and/or other resources like special seeds, gold, etc) anyway.  (And in fact, did).

As long as the Deco I receive is at least as good as the one that our Co-Op had built in the first place (58 Happiness & 1 VHP), then I got exactly what I expected from the use of all my seaweed, gold, special seeds, etc.

If the Deco they give me ISN'T as good as the one I had built myself, then I'll have something to kvetch about. :)

As far as the CC goes, no argument there - there should be adequate compensation to the people that spent cash/gold on both Co-Op & Personal boosters, WoF Tokens for the wheel, and the like. How they would calculate though, I have no idea.

Problem is, they are giving us the deco at a generic happiness. Some of us used gold and quite a bit of farm cash buying product to help with cooperative members lists for extra happiness, we worked on the extra happiness for the coop VH....we didn't just do the minimum to get the minimum happiness....do you really think they will give us anything but the crappy little minimum happiness???   My Happiness was higher than 58 and VHP sure wasn't 1!  So take all that into consideration, my real life happiness with their pitiful compensation is not very happy.
  • I have been unhappy since GGS took away the great profits from deep sea fishing.  It has all been a slide down the tubes since then!  I will not buy any more gold until GGS does something to make me happy.  I play this game to have fun.  Instead it has become a boring grind.  The only reason I am still here is that there are some really nice ppl in my coop.  Make us happy, GGS!
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 11.12.2017
    Forum mods, why can't you grab one of the actual company managers and make them read all the many complaints here?
    Take a LIST of everything that's been brought up over and over and over.   FIX THAT first.  Players would be more welcoming of new stuff if we think it might actually function.

@Artmaker (GB1)  We do, all the time, so do the mods from all the other forums - You can even see on the video that Dennis says that players say stop adding new stuff & fix what is here already. He also says about the new events being added because players requested some new weekly events that include the GF & FF.
    And the two new events for the flower and gourmet farms.   What about all the new players who don't even have those yet?  
    Sorry I don`t really understand that question, there are lots of things in the game that require a certain level, its the same with any game. :/

Does the remodeling of our Farm Management Tab also include an increase in the cost of purchases from said tab? 

On the Big Farm video put out 11/18/17 @ 32:08 it mentioned  "rebalancing" the cost of purchasing products to go up 10x current prices.

Brownie from Oasis
    @BrownieGirl (US1) The changes to Farm Management are just based on the results of the Feedback - Management of "Farm Management" thread.

"second and third phases of the event have been lowered by around 25%"  really? we already know GGS can't calculate percentages --- is this why it needs to be "around 25%"? 10% for some 20% for others 25% for something else = "around 25%"???

does this mean "around 25%" will be returned to players for chapter 2? It again would not be compensation since it was already spent and used.

but really only for 2 chapters? srsly? (again i will repeat 1 has already been completed) 
    @AngelAngel9 (US1) We should get a list of buxfixes that will be included in the update on Wednesday (such as the missing fertile gardens & the event bubbles that won'y stay switched off)  They have been investigating everything that is going on with the current event, so hopefully we will have some news tomorrow before it ends.

FarmerKar (US1) said:
    Problem is, they are giving us the deco at a generic happiness. Some of us used gold and quite a bit of farm cash buying product to help with cooperative members lists for extra happiness, we worked on the extra happiness for the coop VH....we didn't just do the minimum to get the minimum happiness....do you really think they will give us anything but the crappy little minimum happiness???   My Happiness was higher than 58 and VHP sure wasn't 1!  So take all that into consideration, my real life happiness with their pitiful compensation is not very happy.
    @FarmerKar (US1)  We don`t know yet what values the decos will have, it is still being discussed.

@ Everyone We will pass on your reactions to the proposed compensation.

• Thank you WascallyWabbit for your speedy response to my concern and the wonderful job you do keeping fellow players updated. 

Have you heard when the purchase prices are going to increase 10x in Farm Management or do you know where I can find an exact answer?  

Again, thank you.  <3<3
    Brownie
  • Boss_Hog (US1)Boss_Hog (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    This whole compensation thing is a joke.It doesn't even begin to come close to the time,resources such as seaweed feed,fertilizer,sprinkles and last but not least gold that people used to finish these tasks for the event that was broke due to their incompetence.Not only did we lose all that but we got nothing in return.In any other situation we would have been able to sell our products and harvests for money or receive experience points but in this event we got nothing in return for our hard work completing our tasks or for helping our teammates complete their tasks.The only thing Goodgame understands is their bottom line.Thats what it's always about.Maybe they would understand our point of view if we all decided not to login and play for a week or two or everybody decided not to buy gold or anything else costing gold and last but not least maybe if everybody decided not to invite a friend to play the game via facebook or any other way and instead tell everybody on facebook to avoid playing Big Farm due to the lack of understanding the people who faithfully play this game and also due to Goodgames greed.Then just maybe they might listen to us begin to understand.I doubt it though.
  • Boss_Hog (US1)Boss_Hog (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    I would like to correct an error in my previous post.Toward the end of my comment I posted last but not least maybe if everybody decided not to invite a friend to play the game via facebook or any other way and instead tell everybody on facebook to avoid playing Big Farm due to the lack of understanding the people who faithfully play this game.It should have read last but not least maybe if everybody decided not to invite a friend to play the game via facebook or any other way and instead tell everybody on facebook to avoid playing Big Farm due to the lack of understanding by Goodgame studios of the people who faithfully play this game.
  • @WascallyWabbit
    Thank you for your prompt response and your hard work. :)
    Angel
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

I am in the minority here, as I feel that the proposed compensation is very welcome.  How on earth can GGS be expected to work out how much gold/sp seeds/seaweed every single player of this game used?  Some players would have used a lot and others would have used none - there would never be a perfect solution to this problem.  I am also looking forward to the new events, it is something we have been asking for for a long time, and the skins will be very useful.  I have my main farm with some winter items and buildings while others buildings have flags and flowers on them.

I think that the Mods are doing a great job in difficult circumstances and would like to thank them for all their help and hard work to try to keep everyone happy.

• Yahoo2013 (NL1)Yahoo2013 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 67
    edited 12.12.2017

GGS Is this sometimes a joke? All this compensation is nonsense. We players do not need skin at all, the Snowbound Chicken Coop and Snowbound Simple House skins ? These are again tricks to spend more MONEY and GOLD. First compensate all players for their lost GOLD for useless BUGS full events. By BUGS full demolished Christmas event, CC & CHWE, Fish Hardworker event. Or has all wasted GOLD of everyone in BITCOIN stopped .. :D:D:D

• farmermim5000 (US1)farmermim5000 (US1) Posts: 118
    edited 12.12.2017
    So I am confused exactly what event is supposed to start on the 13th? The gourmet food truck and the wedding planner seems to start in Jan so are we saying we are bringing back the Santa list on the 13th? I read  thru the message but I did not see what exactly is supposed to start on the 13th
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 12.12.2017
    To make it possible to complete myself, they need to make chicken feed, pig feed, cow feed 75% lower,  Corn, dandelion, lambs lettuce 50% lower,  Cherries and peaches 50% lower.  

Lower the requirements of the 1 village happiness by 90% for the cooperative and requirements for regular happiness by 50% for the individual.  
  • To make it possible to complete myself, they need to make chicken feed, pig feed, cow feed 75% lower,  Corn, dandelion, lambs lettuce 50% lower,  Cherries and peaches 50% lower.  

Lower the requirements of the 1 village happiness by 90% for the cooperative and requirements for regular happiness by 50% for the individual.  
    I couldn't agree more.  As soon as I saw the quantity of goods needed for phase/part 3 to increase a low level deco's happiness / vh, I was out.  I can do much better with the regular weekly events deco's.   Perhaps it's because I'm a low enough level player in a moderately low level coop
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 12.12.2017
    Why are people upset about the resources used to acquire the Chapter 1 & Chapter 2 Decos?

Ok, so I used X amount of Seaweed to finish Chapter 1.  For what? To get the Deco.

And they're giving us the Deco. 

Therefore I haven't "lost" anything; I would have used that seaweed (and/or other resources like special seeds, gold, etc) anyway.  (And in fact, did).

Some answers to the "why"

Because as the announcement said this is a compensation package supposedly covering multiple errors, glitches, failed events (some people had DSFHWE errors but I had an early no-notice take away of the Back to Nature event that I was just completing high level) 

Hotfixes that break more things than they fix - that should be rare not common events

Because we don't have the decos - just like some people still don't have their silver coins - same for the cat and DSF fixes - still not here

Because the prizes have changed after we started to play and we don't have a clue because now the "team" is going to decide and give the same to everyone regardless of the efforts vs no efforts. 

Because the glitches, errors, downtime, lost and missing items are a constant - effecting even weekly events - and there is no end in sight while new content rolls out with no testing. Once it has rolled out players comments are most likely ignored when considering fixes

Support blows off anyone still diligent or new enough to send in tickets 

GGS always talks about balance and "re-balancing" for fairness. Obviously this compensation package is GGS's idea of balance and fairness and many people are still blown away with the complete lack of any of the above.

Sadly the only balance is slanted entirely in favor of GGS. Simple words like fairness, balance and compensation are completely foreign concepts and misunderstood ideas  - didn't we all learn those lessons several months ago? I sure did and play accordingly

I am also looking forward to the new events, it is something we have been asking for for a long time, 

I too am looking forward to the new events  - not expecting them to be bug free or fair or balanced just something different to do that I will play at my own pace.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I just thought of an absolutely horrible outcome for some of the coops for the CHWE event.  There are many players and entire coops that do not read the forum messages or even know it exists, especially for new players.  It took me months to realize there was a forum that post announcement and updates.  I thought it was just a plain simple forum for the players and didn't have much interest in another social outlet.  

Anyway,  these smaller coops that are at the top of the rankings, that feel they have been working really hard to stay at the top and do not realize the event is malfunctioning, are going to be sadly disappointed when they find out the rankings are out of whack and they have not actually won.  What great holiday cheer GGS is spreading to all of it's loyal customers.  It is still my opinion that ALL players partaking in this event should get ALL the top prizes.  Maybe GGS's heart will grow a couple sizes and we can all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 12.12.2017
    Did the fairy tale event get shortened now too?   My coop is all bent over this.  And I went and picked hard levels for all my farms too.   Guess I can forget all about that now.  

GG you can stuff the christmas mess.  Repay those who paid… (Surely you have ways of tracking that.)
    Let a bad idea go.   Not attempt to patch it with duct tape and shove it back at us.
    I'm not touching the stupid thing.   Might just walk away until the New year at this rate.  

Just work on fixing your multitude of bugs.   I think everyone here would be happy to just lay low until this game is working properly.  THEN bring in the new year with working events that don't need to be "hot fixed" and canceled in mid stream because of all the issues.  

Yea I'll surely not be spending ANY money on this.  Or even wasting resources earned by playing.

Southpark got it right.  "Freemium.  Not really."
    edited 12.12.2017
    Did the fairy tale event get shortened now too?   My coop is all bent over this.  And I went and picked hard levels for all my farms too.   Guess I can forget all about that now.  
    Gosh hope not! I have been choosing all the hardest levels to finish off the decos 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I could swear we had more than two days.  There's no way.  I'm not even going to bother trying anymore.  

ALSO… for some reason, just started, I cannot paste into chat.   Tried on two servers, same thing.  It's SO SLOW if I try to actually type in chat it's like I have to hit one key…. wait….  I type fast.   Typing into chat has never been pleasant.  Been using text edit and just past into chat.   Until tonight. Last time this happened some other buggy event was going on.  Don't recall which one.  (Aren't they all?)

BROKEN!!!!!!  

BUGFARM has broken it AGAIN.   

Also why does my pretty flower avitar keep vanishing?   WHY do I have to go to the horse farm to get it to load?    It's a little thing, has nothing to do with the function of the farm, but…. it's just one more broken thing.  Could it be connected?

And you guys are going to start up HOW MANY new events?   

WHY can't you get everything working right first?   Wouldn't it be that much easier to figure out when something goes wrong how to fix it?   Right now there is so much not working right how would anyone know what code is conflicting with what?   
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    These new weekly events sound like a nice idea and normally I would be quite interested to try them out. However, I cannot help but be disappointed about the large amount of bugs in the game. With all the bugs at the moment, what is to stop weekly events from starting to have issues now too?

You give us lots of events for us to play and enjoy but we cannot do that if they cannot function properly. I think you need to understand that you need to fix the bugs first, then slowly reintroduce the events back into the game and then finally add the new events into the game without causing issues for the other events. I don't mind playing with minor bugs but we are having major bugs that are making events unplayable.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 12.12.2017

No, currently scheduled to end Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10pm (Central European Time), right on schedule (at least for US1)
  • apple pie (INT1)apple pie (INT1) INT1 Posts: 53
    Some people perhaps have received compensation ..

most of members in my coop haven t and i didn t either

same way we have never received the silver coins

and now my hwe stops while i had a + 4 points, restarting it at 0 points !

i would have been very happy to see those new events and decorations coming, but, are you sure it s a good idea ?  it will just add new bugs to the long list  and more unhappy people

by the way i have clean my cache, and do all i could ... so it s not a problem from my side

;o)))

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Glad to see rearrangement of the farm management screens. Hope they put the horse stuff AFTER the village stuff.

Am curious about the new events.

Bugs will come and go, but patience over such matters is a virtue.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Compensation?  Did I miss something?

Compensation is things like seaweed to make up what I had been required to use during the improper functioning of the event.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Yeah I tend to agree with the majority here.......the compensation package is terrible. If many have used gold seaweed humus etc the compensation should consist of these items. I personally care little about how my farm looks so the skins are useless to me....i'm all about efficiency and profits not looks. If chicken coops had snow on them the chickens would freeze   :p

There's obviously something seriously wrong with the game and a lot of it stems around the Xmas and Coop Hardworker event. Why bother bringing that back, it starts at Chapter 3 and chances are it will malfunction yet again. The best thing to do would be to put this down as a failure this year and try to have it fixed and ready for next Xmas. I'd rather play something that works then have to fumble around bugs and errors constantly just because GGS is too stubborn to admit its broken.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Happy Hour is never compensation.  Happy Hour needs to be a permanent part of the game.  People log on and check their farms more.  It makes the whole group run more smoothly.  It would benefit GGS.  How they don't see this is beyond me..........
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I agree that the 'compensation' didn't worth with effort as I notice some players spend their 'special' items to advance. But at least it's better than nothing. I'll looking at the new themed event that (maybe) includes something that fully outside the main farm. Aside from Christmas Preparations, I like to see fewer event(s) so that we can be prepared on main event.

For other things, I would like to see fewer bugs on upcoming update, along with the 're-balancing' in DSF Market. I waiting patiently here.  :)
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I see that everyone is getting their Ch1 deco; I have NOT seen any deco being awarded to myself & coop for finishing Ch1; and, then there is Ch2 which I & coop were in process of finishing and had only managed to get half way because we had new members to help finish their Ch1 lists because some of them didn't have GF or FF which meant I and coop were stressed when Ch2 started unexpectedly (however, we finished Ch1 personally & coop-wise) but NO deco!!!

SOOOO ... if am reading it right ... we can expect to receive BOTH Ch1 & Ch2 decos as compensation & I along with coop will be starting Ch3 ???  I really hope all works as GG hopes it will work  ... notice operative word here is "HOPES" ... with all the problems when this Christmas event started, I am not holding onto any allusions that it will be without bugs of some kind & probably with others GG has not anticipated...sigh

I agree with many who speak to "white" anything is really hard on the eyes ... a little bit is fine, but Calgary is soon going to have more than enough of the white stuff that having a white and more white in the game is not something I am looking forward to. If the white deco/skins etc work & are bug free, I will use very sparingly throughout my farm as I am creating a corner of my MF with a wintery theme, but that's it! ... certainly not to be used as extensively as shown in their image of "SNOWBOUND" ... OMG that amount of snow would stop ALL traffic within Calgary & for sure shut down the city...I don't want to even think about shovelling it as there would be nowhere to shovel it to... hahahhah ... already my imagination is going crazy ...

please GG give us a fair break...we are all grown ups here & have REAL LIVES rooted in REALITY... much like yourselves ... so please please please give us all a Christmas to enjoy this game as you first envisioned it to be played ... fun, relaxing and enjoyable.  Thank you ..... MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Thanks for nothing GGS.  I work so that silly happy hour has never been any good even though most days I log on twice a day.   Wheres your loyalty to us? Very poor form indeed.
Sign In to comment.