Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 13th/14th - New Themed Events and More! - Discussion

You can discuss the latest update here!
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Compensation...what they want to give, farm cash and gold lost...what I wanted, it would have been nice to just have back what was wasted while trying to play these broken events. I don't care about snow skins and I work so happy hours are harder to be happy in!
  • With the compensation for resources wasted being poor, it would be nice if the team decides that max happiness values on the first 2 decorations is appropriate. A lot more effort needs to be put into fixing ongoing broken items and less into new broken items.
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Not good enough GGS
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    everyone who used gold seaweed or sparkles should get at least 50% or more back. Doubt I will use skins probaly cost a few quid to get the rest , not willing to spend on skins. 2 new events wait + see here Happy hour not interested in really 
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    pitiful tbh

right time of year tho, scrooge and all

the last thing we need are new events when you cant handle even the standard ones
  • Hmmm  GGS apparently doesn't appreciate all the time and resources we expend on their events as evidenced by their "compensation"   I suppose we will once again get increased production on the island farm from happy hour the day it ends so it will be totally worthless.  Just love their ideas of compensation!  Unfortunately it never meets expectations of their customers.
  • Just what we need, more new events to go wrong while spending time,resources and money on, when they can't get the old one's to work right. WTG GGS.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Although I didn't participate in the Christmas Events, I think Happy hour and Appearances as compensation is a complete joke. Makes it a 'conditional' apology: You can only get the compensation if you log in during the times they choose for happy hour. This is not even close to recovering the gold, seaweed, special seeds, and time players have invested/ wasted already.
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    Please, please, please include Temp Farm production and Temp Farm runestone boosters in upcoming HH.

And please make sure runestone booster is not on day temp farm ends.  That would break my heart if that happens yet again.  We had two time when runestone booster for US1 server was a waste.  Broke my heart.  How about weekend before it ends or at least 4 days before it ends?
  • 24KSan (US1)24KSan (US1) US1 Posts: 95
    edited 11.12.2017
    Talk about adding insult to injury.  I am disgusted with this lame compensation, it doesn't begin to cover the amount of gold and resources used for a CC that should have run bug free.  It appeared that the only thing that was working properly was  the coop gold buys...Shame on you for trying to give us a useless skin and a happy hour that most who are working can't use... 

I guess you did well though, all of the gold and resources you depleted  worked in your favour.

And now you are adding more content, give me a break GGS.
  • I'll wait to see how it all works ....  .... :))
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    Hello GGS 
    How can you even offer such trash to your player base.  This is a TOTAL GARBAGE DUMP !   
       1.  Nothing you have done in the past months has worked correctly 
       2.  Simple events that have ran well for years is now broken
       3.  Icy Skins are horrid.. on the eyes..  White eye strain is a momentous issue 
       4.  Deco events are a dime a dozen, do we seriously need more of these.
       5.  Re designing Farm Maintenance Tabs   (who seriously needs this) 

What I wanted was for YOU to FIX what you have BROKE in this GAME,  NOT add more BROKEN content.

Want to make a positive change:

ROLLBACK this GAME to ABOUT  6 Months ago ! 

• @CuddlyFoxes In the fix, are chapter 1 and 2 automatically counted as successfully completed on phase two? Without that nobody would be eligible for chapter 5 if I understand the system correctly. Some cooperatives did not complete them due to event crash, but would have had, if the event ran correctly. Have not noticed this clarified in the announcement. Thanks.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    GGs has completely sabotaged our BigFarm Christmas.

With so many resources wasted on the broken events the compensation is not adequate. 

Throwing a few skins at us is unacceptable. Some may never use these skins because they have their own theme going on. 

Throwing "limited time" happy hour bonuses at us is unacceptable.  Many work and would not be able to take advantage of the boosters. 

Throwing a few Santa event decos at us that we could have won ourselves had the event not been all screwed up ending early for chapter 1 and being removed for chapter 2 for some or the start of chapter 3 for others.  Last time we got the santa event deco as a compensation the happiness levels for both regular and village happiness were pathetic.   I REALLY hope the team DOES put a LOT of thought into this.  I also hope that they realize we are not asking for something that we do not deserve or that we are not owed.  

I also hope the seaweed humus amount will be generous enough to make up for all we have lost.  I hope they really think about how many events were broken and how much is actually needed for certain events.  They seem to think a player can get by with 1 bag of humus during an event.  Also what about the seaweed fert and feed we used to get our lists done quickly. Also what about all the sparkles coop gave to one another to help get the list done quickly and for the other events that were tanked. Most importantly, what about all the gold players spent on these broke down events?

I think all three phases of the santa event should be lowered a lot more than 25%.  With all the frustration we have had it would be a pleasant change to be able to build our decos up with happiness and still have time to spend with out families for the holidays.

Where is the Architect?  
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 11.12.2017
    Compensation??????

Seriously though,  you can KEEP the winter skins.  Yuck.  I am looking at all the winter I care to right out my window.
    How about some nice pretty WARM caribbean skins huh?  Besides, you show a farm full of themed skins… How many YEARS will it take to convert an average farm to that?    Phoey.

The christmas event?   I sure don't want that broken greedy thing back.   Wasted enough time and resources on nothing.
    At least two coops I'm in have pretty much unanimously agreed to step back the competition stuff and just work our own farms.  Avoiding this high pressure nonsense.

New events might be fun, until I realize I have leveled up too fast and not kept up with upgrades so now being punished I can't even make a mid level event anymore.   The newness will wear off pretty quick I'm sure. 

WHY can't GG LISTEN to it's players.  FIX all the many issues and stop throwing more, and always buggy stuff at us?
    Especially over the holidays when everyone is already pretty busy.  

Forum mods, why can't you grab one of the actual company managers and make them read all the many complaints here?
    Take a LIST of everything that's been brought up over and over and over.   FIX THAT first.  Players would be more welcoming of new stuff if we think it might actually function.

oh well.   Kicking a dead horse I think.  Maybe we'll take bets on what and how much is broken, and how fast after it's launched.  
  • okay that's fine -- BUT, WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO LOST GOLD THAT THEY USED TO COMPLETE THEIR LISTS -- some twice -- i was 90% the first time and 100% the second time -- and, i bought and used gold to help w/the LISTS -- where's the compensation for the GOLD
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324

oh well.   Kicking a dead horse I think.  Maybe we'll take bets on what and how much is broken, and how fast after it's launched.  
    oh oh oh, GGS can make that a new event... although that would probably be broken too.  :D:#
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    com·pen·sa·tion - Something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

RETURN ALL OF THESE ITEMS FOR PROPER COMPENSATION!!
    1. GOLD  Image result for Gold coins

2.Image result for Sparkles

3. Image result for Fertilizer

4. Image result for cow feed
  • Does the remodeling of our Farm Management Tab also include an increase in the cost of purchases from said tab? 

On the Big Farm video put out 11/18/17 @ 32:08 it mentioned  "rebalancing" the cost of purchasing products to go up 10x current prices.

Brownie from Oasis
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    And the two new events for the flower and gourmet farms.   What about all the new players who don't even have those yet?  
  • Im disgusted to say the least  to offer us 2 skins well you know what you can do with the skins ?? i have spent gold on the christmas event along with sea weed fertilizer to finish many of the stuff required and now you returning it  at week 3 with a  smaller amount rather than saying that you are wrong and return our gold and  what ever it cost us at your MISTAKE Just scrap it and return my gold and sea weed I think the best way forward now is for all of us who are still playing your game is to STOP BUYING GOLD  as if you are not hearing us you soon will when your gold sales drop and you go out of business I think its time we all copped on and are not going to be CONNED by your game ploys  .
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I am sure these "new" events will be loaded with lots of bugs and glitches!  
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    COMPENSATION?!!!!  
    Wow...GGS should get paid for their stand up comedy routine!!   Hahahaha!!!!!!!!

********* Here's compensation....  FIX WHAT IS ALREADY BROKE !!!  *****************

PLEEEEASE... DON'T vomit out more product until you ACTUALLY clean up all of the current messes you have spilled everywhere. The membership is sliding around in all of this excrement while GGS keeps piling on more.

STOP, already....  NO NEW CRAP (and that's exactly what will be delivered with these new events...guaranteed !!)
    ERMAGERD, Really?!!!   
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • AngelAcuteAngle (US1)AngelAcuteAngle (US1) US1 Posts: 76
    edited 11.12.2017
    @CuddlyFoxes
    I haven't seen anything concerning the rankings of the Coop Hard Worker Event being messed up. We are trying to complete in this event blindly without knowing our coops actual current rank.
    I had hoped there would be a fix this morning but nothing so far.

Is this going to be addressed today? Or Wednesday after the event is over? Or at all?
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    I am distressed at all the things lumped into this lack of compensation package. HO HO HO and MERRY SCROOGE GGS

I think this compensation package was a quick "off the cuff" and "by the seat of our pants" by someone who has been hitting the sauce a bit too hard celebrating their recent players gold purchases - time to go back to the drawing board and rethink this based on what the definition of what REAL compensation means

com·pen·sa·tion
    ˌkämpənˈsāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    1. something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

so our coop who completed both chapters of the santa list already - as "compensation" we are going to finally receive the decos we have already EARNED - weeks late? They certainly weren't free - they were EARNED  they aren't "lost" they just haven't been distributed is all - so please explain how this is compensation?

"second and third phases of the event have been lowered by around 25%"  really? we already know GGS can't calculate percentages --- is this why it needs to be "around 25%"? 10% for some 20% for others 25% for something else = "around 25%"???

does this mean "around 25%" will be returned to players for chapter 2? It again would not be compensation since it was already spent and used.

but really only for 2 chapters? srsly? (again i will repeat 1 has already been completed) 

and the happiness will now be "standard village and farm happiness points for all players, to be determined by the team" regardless of what the players had already earned? How is this compensation?  You are going to go back and "re-think" the prizes and their values?  That is like putting out $1mill dollar lotto ticket than  re-thinking that should have been $100 and awarding that instead :(and LATE to boot!) - wtg!

"some seaweed humus and decoration parts"  again a vague value but considering the above "compensation" it will be a trifling with GGS grossly inflating their value as a reward - most players will have easily spent 3 or 4x as much (very low-balled estimate) just for the first 2 chapters i am confident so once again it will not be "compensation" by the definition of such - sigh more deco parts....

Blatantly absent is any GOLD compensation - but to be expected. How about a huge distribution of gold flower seeds? And up the mining by 100% for the next 3 months? It will not compensate for what my team spent in gold or lost in down time, inability to log in or  unexpected events gone or restarted - not even close but it is a start. 

Skins?? horrible!! I know GGS puts great intrinsic value on them though so it is fitting with the rest of this worthless NON-compensation package

Since "Happy Hour" is also listed as part of the compensation package - get real - HH benefits GGS with more people being required to log in, players using SS, seaweed and gold MORE during those times. And truthfully how many HH bonuses have not worked right and how many have not been properly credited with being logged in and farming during those times? I agree with everyone posting so far about HH. 

TheGabi (US1)said "Icy Skins are horrid.. on the eyes..  White eye strain is a momentous issue"  so I guess we are not missing out overall. 

Thank you @BrownieGirl (US1) for pointing out what may have been missed by many "On the Big Farm video put out 11/18/17 @ 32:08 it mentioned  "rebalancing" the cost of purchasing products to go up 10x current prices." Would imagine that was going to be "slipped in" without fanfare. We should just be so happy the TABS and some product order were changed.

More new events - everyone should be ROFL cause that is a good one 

However did anyone posting here really believe we would get any more? It's not about right or wrong; it's about can they get away with it and daily GGS shows us they can...

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    And the two new events for the flower and gourmet farms.   What about all the new players who don't even have those yet?  
    Don't you think this will be similar to those not in a co-op for any even requiring a co-op? and these even could actually be good for non-co-op players who miss out because they really don't like or are tired of bing in a co-op  OFC one has to assume these events will actually run and work ... Hard to think of that happening though
  • Why did the CoopCha crash?  Has that been fixed yet?  When Is the Architect coming back?  Lester has not been on ANY farm in my co-op in a couple of months.  We have 52 members.  Is this broken too, or, did you end this and simply neglect to tell us.  

I have stopped buying Gold until you fix the problems, GGS.

Barry
    Grade A Prime
  • smudger8180 (GB1)smudger8180 (GB1) Posts: 34
    edited 16.12.2017

Your going to get worldwide players boycotting this game on social media,cus you all at GGS is screwing up what was once a great game to play.
    GREED!!! is TOP of your LIST...
    BAD MOVE GOODGAME STUDIOS....
    All you Mods here need to  tell them whats really going on here.Thats the BIG FARM GAME,before you say otherwise..
    NOT HAPPY :(:(:(:(
    Post edited by smudger8180 (GB1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Why are people upset about the resources used to acquire the Chapter 1 & Chapter 2 Decos?

Ok, so I used X amount of Seaweed to finish Chapter 1.  For what? To get the Deco.

And they're giving us the Deco. 

Therefore I haven't "lost" anything; I would have used that seaweed (and/or other resources like special seeds, gold, etc) anyway.  (And in fact, did).

As long as the Deco I receive is at least as good as the one that our Co-Op had built in the first place (58 Happiness & 1 VHP), then I got exactly what I expected from the use of all my seaweed, gold, special seeds, etc.

If the Deco they give me ISN'T as good as the one I had built myself, then I'll have something to kvetch about. :)

As far as the CC goes, no argument there - there should be adequate compensation to the people that spent cash/gold on both Co-Op & Personal boosters, WoF Tokens for the wheel, and the like. How they would calculate though, I have no idea.

Why did the CoopCha crash?  Has that been fixed yet?  When Is the Architect coming back?  Lester has not been on ANY farm in my co-op in a couple of months.  We have 52 members.  Is this broken too, or, did you end this and simply neglect to tell us.  

I have stopped buying Gold until you fix the problems, GGS.

Barry
    Grade A Prime
    @BarryJanet (US1)

Lester is broken and was disabled. He should return sometime after the New Year when they'll (hopefully) have time to fix him.
Sign In to comment.