Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Comments

• johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    Thanks @Southern (US1)  was just concerned as seems like 2 different stories :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 11.12.2017
    ok, let me break this down a bit.  Yes, it is a takeover.  but you have to look at the entire picture.  Stillfront is acquiring 100% of GGS's shares which means they have 100% interest in the company and it's assets.  However, GGS will acquire 72.4% of Stillfront's shares.   When an acquisition happens, the smaller company is absorbed by the larger company and usually ceases to exist.  However, with GGS having approx three-fourths interest in the company they have a larger voice.  As part of the acquisition agreement GGS has chosen to keep the GGS brand.  They have also stated they will, "continue to develop and support [their] current live[s] games, such as Big Farm".  However, Good Games will operate under the Stillfront business name while still using Good Games as their brand name (trademark).
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    ok, let me break this down a bit.  Yes, it is a takeover.  but you have to look at the entire picture.  Stillfront is acquiring 100% of GGS's shares which means they have 100% interest in the company and it's assets.  However, GGS will acquire 72.4% of Stillfront's shares.   When an acquisition happens, the smaller company is absorb by the larger company and usually ceases to exist.  However, with GGS having approx three-fourths interest in the company they have a larger voice.  As part as the acquisition agreement GGS has chosen to keep the GGS brand.  They have also stated they will, "continue to develop and support [their] current live[s] games, such as Big Farm".
    Hi @Shay1968 (US1) In the press release it says the acquired shares will be 36.5% and the rest in cash.
    ok, let me break this down a bit.  Yes, it is a takeover.  but you have to look at the entire picture.  Stillfront is acquiring 100% of GGS's shares which means they have 100% interest in the company and it's assets.  However, GGS will acquire 72.4% of Stillfront's shares.   When an acquisition happens, the smaller company is absorb by the larger company and usually ceases to exist.  However, with GGS having approx three-fourths interest in the company they have a larger voice.  As part as the acquisition agreement GGS has chosen to keep the GGS brand.  They have also stated they will, "continue to develop and support [their] current live[s] games, such as Big Farm".
    Hi @Shay1968 (US1) In the press release it says the acquired shares will be 36.5% and the rest in cash.
    The CEOs of GGS have holding companies which will also own stock in Stillfront putting them as major stockholders with 72.4%  "In total, 16,868,623 Consideration Shares are proposed to be issued to the sellers of Altigi. The Consideration Shares will represent 72.4 percent of the total number of outstanding shares and votes in Stillfront post-Transaction." 
    Shay nothing you stated instills any confidence at all  I am sorry to say seems like stillfront has bought into a lemon  hope they know how to make lemonaid.  The past six months they cant seem to do anything right and it is sad  that we did not know how good we had it a year ago.  Need to get some qualified workers  cause they sure have a mess. 

Hi Peg,  I agree with you 100%  I am just trying to break down what is going on.  I for one am tired of all the bugs and lag and broken events.  But now we also know the reason why the extreme push on events like CCs and the new CHWE; just to make their earnings look better for this acquisition. 
  • Shay nothing you stated instills any confidence at all  I am sorry to say seems like stillfront has bought into a lemon  hope they know how to make lemonaid.  The past six months they cant seem to do anything right and it is sad  that we did not know how good we had it a year ago.  Need to get some qualified workers  cause they sure have a mess. 

Hi Peg,  I agree with you 100%  I am just trying to break down what is going on.  I for one am tired of all the bugs and lag and broken events.  But now we also know the reason why the extreme push on events like CCs and the new CHWE; just to make their earnings look better for this acquisition. 
    While that is no doubt true they are not likely ease off post transaction, are they?
    Shay nothing you stated instills any confidence at all  I am sorry to say seems like stillfront has bought into a lemon  hope they know how to make lemonaid.  The past six months they cant seem to do anything right and it is sad  that we did not know how good we had it a year ago.  Need to get some qualified workers  cause they sure have a mess. 

While that is no doubt true they are not likely ease off post transaction, are they?
    No, I highly doubt they will ever ease off since they have already been stricken deep with greed.  I highly doubt things will change at all looking at their compensation offer for all the broken events and all the hard work and resources that were poured into them by the players. The value of items obtained with gold have become way over inflated, so what GGS sees as a high value compensation package is meaningless to loyal players and has absolutely no real value. 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 12.12.2017
    .... The value of items obtained with gold have become way over inflated, so what GGS sees as a high value compensation package is meaningless to loyal players and has absolutely no real value. 

Loyal players are actually on their way, GGS is doing their best to lose them

A long standing loyal player, like me for example, knows that to buy with gold your next plot of land you used to need 300 gold more than the previous plot you bought.  The cost of plot # 36 in gourmet farm is (or was) 10,200 gold. For example, to buy gourmet plots from # 33 to #36 you needed 9,300   9,600   9,900   10,200  gold 

Now things are extremely different,  plot # 42 costs 99,000 gold !!!  10 x the previous costs

This is one of many possible examples. Things have been quietly and thoroughly changed by GGS designers, and it's much more likely that a new player buys into this madness than a long standing loyal one who has noticed the deception

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    ok, let me break this down a bit.  Yes, it is a takeover.  but you have to look at the entire picture.  Stillfront is acquiring 100% of GGS's shares which means they have 100% interest in the company and it's assets.  However, GGS will acquire 72.4% of Stillfront's shares. .......

This is a reverse merger Shay

A private company (GGS, formerly part of Altigi) acquires 72% interest in a public company, Stillfront, listed on the Stockholm stock exchange

Small amount of cash paid to Altigi comes from bonds issued by the public company.

This is the path chosen by GGS to go public. Good financial opportunity for the 2 brothers.

What happens with the game and players depends totally on their decisions and strategy. I don't see any connection between their financial opportunities and our fate as gamers lol

@PCA (GB1)

I do not see this as a Reverse merger.  According to Stillfronts earnings and portfolio the company is doing well and expects income to increase.  Reverse mergers are done when a company is declining rapidly and all that is left is the legal public corporate shell which can be valuable in certain ways.  Most often than not reverse mergers involve 2 very different companies and the private company most often changes the companies name to their own.  A private company will buy the shell of a failing company to avoid the long process involving SEC registration to become a public company.  

I see this as a horizontal merger. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file