Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Stillfront GGS Merger Question

Will the GGS games still be "free to play?"

Comments

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 07.12.2017

Good question.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Good question.

You can tell where my priorities are! :)
  • Will the GGS games still be "free to play?"
    Hey @artful (US1) yes, the games will still be free to play. GGS will still work independently so Big Farm will not be affected by the merge. :)
    Will the GGS games still be "free to play?"
    Hey @artful (US1) yes, the games will still be free to play. GGS will still work independently so Big Farm will not be affected by the merge. :)
    Okay, I'll hold you to that! :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Don't try to hold cuddly foxes.  They don't like being held.   

lol…

Don't try to hold cuddly foxes.  They don't like being held.   

lol…

LOL!
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    And, if by some chance you're unable to put food out for them for a couple of nights, they show their disgust by pooping on your path right by your front door and you only just see it in time..
    And, if by some chance you're unable to put food out for them for a couple of nights, they show their disgust by pooping on your path right by your front door and you only just see it in time..
    NOT Cuddly, surely!
  • And, if by some chance you're unable to put food out for them for a couple of nights, they show their disgust by pooping on your path right by your front door and you only just see it in time..
    NOT Cuddly, surely!
    Me likes to eat! Nom nom nom :D
    See the source image
    NOT Cuddly, surely!
    Me likes to eat! Nom nom nom :D
    See the source image
    Here's the grilled cheese sammie I promised you, CF.  Thank you for staying away from the chicken coops.
  • Well, this merger seems to be a main topic for both this game and the others too. Empire has the same concerns, and the one who posted the info initially didn't do too good a job on reassuring us things would work out well in the end. Honestly, it now sounds like this merger will have no impact on the games at all. Can you confirm this, @CuddlyFoxes?
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I am curious as to why GGS felt it was necessary for us to know this information if it will have no impact on this game.  Does this mean that the GGS developers will be able to spend less time on the smaller not well known games and spend more time on trying to get Bigfarm back in shape and running properly?
  • Well, this merger seems to be a main topic for both this game and the others too. Empire has the same concerns, and the one who posted the info initially didn't do too good a job on reassuring us things would work out well in the end. Honestly, it now sounds like this merger will have no impact on the games at all. Can you confirm this, @CuddlyFoxes?
    @Gohan139 (US1) That's correct. The merger will have no impact on Big Farm, Empire, E4K, and BF Mobile Harvest as GGS will continue to work independently on their own games.
    I am curious as to why GGS felt it was necessary for us to know this information if it will have no impact on this game.  Does this mean that the GGS developers will be able to spend less time on the smaller not well known games and spend more time on trying to get Bigfarm back in shape and running properly?
    @Shay1968 (US1) Each game has its own team that focuses on that particular game so the BF devs aren't working on other smaller games. :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    @CuddlyFoxes, will this merger affect the personnel at GGS Big Farm Team (i.e. transfers, layoffs, replacements)?  I am just concerned, because changeovers can bring about a loss of continuity. 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 08.12.2017
    Well, this merger seems to be a main topic for both this game and the others too. Empire has the same concerns, and the one who posted the info initially didn't do too good a job on reassuring us things would work out well in the end. Honestly, it now sounds like this merger will have no impact on the games at all. Can you confirm this, @CuddlyFoxes?
    @Gohan139 (US1) That's correct. The merger will have no impact on Big Farm, Empire, E4K, and BF Mobile Harvest as GGS will continue to work independently on their own games.
    @Shay1968 (US1) Each game has its own team that focuses on that particular game so the BF devs aren't working on other smaller games. :)
    Well that's not good if they have a team that focuses on Bigfarm already.  I thought there was a glimmer of hope.  :p
    @CuddlyFoxes, will this merger affect the personnel at GGS Big Farm Team (i.e. transfers, layoffs, replacements)?  I am just concerned, because changeovers can bring about a loss of continuity. 
    What continuity?  Given the past year or so, a change in continuity just might be called for. :)
  • @CuddlyFoxes, will this merger affect the personnel at GGS Big Farm Team (i.e. transfers, layoffs, replacements)?  I am just concerned, because changeovers can bring about a loss of continuity. 
    @FarmerCli (US1) The merge will not affect the personnel at GGS. They're still working independently as before.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Cuddly,

Whew!  :o:D  Thanks for the reassurance!  I know of many other companies who did a merger thing and the next thing I knew the lesser company became less and less until they were phased out or assumed a new product name.  And I also know that some of these type companies who lost their jobs (was laid off or fired) because the company who took over all the stocks wanted to downsize the lesser company.  That is why the Announcement (though made to sound wonderfully positive), still makes me so uncertain.  I hope I did not offend anyone.  I ask their forgiveness if I did.

FarmerCli
  • You could guess what is next
    Why all the chaos with so many events. I am wondering why are they not working as they did in the past, what is so wrong about them . 
    So one more question: Who is gonna care to fix them ????? 
  • elb (GB1)elb (GB1) GB1 Posts: 100
    So if there are no changes and same staff as usual, are we to expect the blunders to continue. This is not reassuring for us.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    This has some interesting information in it on a brief history of GGS & Stillfront. Was also attached to the press release of the merger. Sounds like there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes of BF & Empire.

http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/571539d9-a9cd-4a9a-b09a-61db41a6cd00 
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    edited 11.12.2017
    Just took at look at the deal the GGS founders made with Stillfront. 

Just my opinion but it looks like a very shrewd deal for them. Credit where credit is due....Nice work Guys!! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file