Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Is anyone else happy that the CC is broken?? Thats an event that can malfunction and hopefully disappear never ever to be seen again :p
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Is anyone else happy that the CC is broken?? Thats an event that can malfunction and hopefully disappear never ever to be seen again :p
    Me, me, me !!!!!     I DETEST missions at the best of times and never do them apart from token ones for the CC.  I definitely wouldnt miss the CC if it never returned :)   (I have this on my Christmas wish list, so hope Santa is listening).
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    We much also much rather have the HWE than the CC. The CC is way too stressfull to have all the time.
    We also want the Santa back. That one is only 1 time of the year. Anything else (part from the Chineasse New Year) is all the time, and I do mean all the time.

What we futhermore want in the game is to have the broken things (appears to be much of the game), to be FIXED before anything else is going to be added.
    It cant be true, that everything is doing to be removed because it has errors. If that was a store having nothing but broken things, it would close right away, because noone would go there to buy things.

I once played a game, where many things was "wrong", then it moved to another platform, and many people didnt went to start all over - I did, and was there on/off, to play that game, but eventally that platform also ended up closing that game, even I am not sure of why, as I wasnt there for a years time.

I dont think, that the merger would do anything from or for GGS at all, as far as I have understood it.

But dev's please try to listen to us here in the English forum: FIX THE GAME before many more lose interrest in it. Dont make up more new stuff. Try to do things a little less frenquency - not all the time. In that way, u would have more HAPPY players, that doesnt have to yell and scream all the time. 
    As the game has turned out to be, then it is close to a full time job, and I bet, that not many had seen that comming - let alone that it would be so broken as it is. So yes, I do understand most of the people here. And many in my coop is not happy either. We just want to enjoy and relax as good as we can. Not having this as a job. Try to think about that dev's. Please?
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294

wouldn't hurt my feelings any.   
  • I don't have the CC at all. I got a HWE that started yesterday, then today, it started again and I lost all my progress.

I agree with everyone else, though. There are so many events happening at once that we can't concentrate on any of them, and even when we try, the events break. Better to have fewer well-planned and -programmed events, and let us concentrate on our farming.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well GG…  Today in my international coop, which is a very large, high ranking one, the leader sent out a coop message how the game just isn't fun anymore.  Too much pressure, too much broken etc.  So the top players, who have been here for years, are making noises about leaving the game all together.

I sent a coop reply suggesting they do the same thing we started in the one coop I still run on the UK.
    And only after I went and booted a long time, but absent player, then two more left who didn't think we were competitive enough.  This is suppose to get people to work together????  Seems it's more destructive than anything.   Then it doesn't even work and has to be stopped in the middle.   

So… after the debacle, we (at least in the coop I run) have changed.
    Just because the game insists on running these high pressure, competition type events, doesn't mean we have to participate.  Now sure, some players like competition.  And will leave.  So be it.  At least in my own coop most of us were happy when I sent out a note asking if we shouldn't just ignore this stuff and play a more relaxed game like it use to be.   So at least in my coop we all decided the coop village is a waste.  Ignore.   If they bring back the Christmas event (hopefully not) we will ignore it.  Coop challenges?  Well every mission someone fills does give prizes to everyone.  Not to mention certs for your trucks.  So fill a few if and when you can.  No sweat about being on top.   

Seriously what does "ranking" do for you anyway?  It's just a number on a list.   MAYBE a few token prizes but nothing you can't earn just by working your farm.  Oh a top coop will get a gold coop tree.  First time I saw that I thought oh neat.  BUT it doesn't pay out anything more.  Seems a whole lot of work just to look at a different graphic for awhile.   

The one thing this game has going for it, is that we all have the ability to play what we like, and ignore what we don't.   Seems more and more stuff lands on my ignore list lately, but I'm sure the programers have ways of tracking what gets played and what doesn't.   So if you don't like something, your casting a vote against it by IGNORING IT.    And the strongest vote you have is stop spending cash on something your not enjoying anyway.   I'm SURE they are tracking where gold gets spent.  If you don't like an event, don't spend on it.  Spend on stuff you like and maybe we'll see more of that.  (that's if anyone over at GG gets any business sense.) 
  • Cedar (US1)Cedar (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    I would LOVE direct answers to the following questions:

Why is there ABSOLUTELY NO acknowledgement, of membership concerns and input regarding the non-stop pushing of Coopcha's and every event under the sun...all of which are absolute TRASH?
    Nothing can truly be "Fixed" until it is 1st acknowledged. 

Why is there a Forum or "Support" system, when it is glaringly evident that Management could give a rat's hind-side what is being said or problems being reported regarding their product?

Wow.. GGS is such a sorry state of affairs!
  • Why is the christmas event gone?

When will it be back?
  • They cancelled it. Chapter 3 will begin on Wednesday

WascallyWabbit Morning All, 

Further update for you as promised:

The Christmas Preparations Event definitely won't restart today.
    If we get everything fixed, it will restart with chapter 3 on Wednesday.
    All the compensation will be credited on Wednesday as well.
    The details of the compensation will come next week.

Additional News:
    Several of you have asked about the exclamation mark bubbles on the events (They started to come back after changing farms & have been annoying you) - They have been fixed & the fix will be added to the live servers in the next update. 

• sky (NL1)sky (NL1) Posts: 15
    The following post was written by our beloved Co-Op leader, who asked me to post it on her behalf as she is unable to stay logged into the boards.

Dear GGS,

I am dissapointed, very dissapointed.

I am a long-time player, I started November 28th 2012 and have been playing ever since. I have bought gold from time to time and I invested a lot of time in playing this game. When I started playing, the cherry orchard had not yet been released.

I also used to be pretty active on the forums, but due to the new forum not letting me stay logged in long enough to post something, that has dwindled.

There have been quite a few things in the past years that made me irritated, but I've usually been quite positive, on the old forum I was even accused of *ahem* sucking up to GGS.

Last year, the Santa event caused a lot of problems and trouble in cooperations, and stress for leaders, myself being one of them.

The way the event is designed, one player who, for reasons of their own, cannot be as active as they want, can fork up the whole event for a coop, by logging in at an inoppurtune time. Players who can't do much can be helped in phase 2, which in our awesome coop, does very well. But a player who logs in a few minutes before the chapter ends can and will, without intending to do so, make the whole cooperation lose the reward for that chapter ánd the chance to win the one from chapter 5.

This STINKS! I have a lot more pretty words for it, but those are not fit for publication.

There were a lot of promises however that people would look into it and that next year, it would be better. I should have known better than to believe you!

Because lo and behold: this years event is exáctly the same, with exáctly the same problems! It was said that players who only logged in, but didn't start their list, would not list as active and thus would not interfere with the event, but I have seen reports on the forums that it did.

We were promised a 'start' button this year, but ofcourse over the course of a whole year, that could not be implemented.

The worst however was, that I, as a leader had to boot 3 people out of the coop, because we couldn't be sure when they would log in again. As a leader I was caught between a rock and a hard place. I could boot 3 people, who I would never have booted otherwise, because the reason for their absence was known. Or I could go with the chance the rest of the coop would lose all their hard work and lose out on 2 decorations. I absolutely HATE that! I am not running a military operation, I consider these people friends!

And GGS is awáre of this problem! All 'open' coops were set to 'looking for members,' just because they knéw someone coming in at a wrong time would fork up the event for others. So if they can do this, why not keep players into consideration who may actually have things going on in their life!?!

Then chapter 1 ended prematurely. Our coop was already in phase 3 and we 'only' lost the work we did towards village happiness points, but it's still a bummer. I know numbers and calendars are hard and complicated stuff, but again: you had a yéar to fix this!

And then this morning I woke up to seeing that the whole event had gone the way of the dodo. Special seeds, charms and a lot of time and effort wasted again.

You had a year, a whole YEAR to make sure that this event would be fun and playable for all players. That all bugs were out and leaders would not again be caught in this dreaded place of choosing who to dissapoint. You have test server: TEST things!! Thoroughly and properly and then lísten to what your players have to say. These players are your customers!

Today finds me looking at my screen a bit. I have piddled a bit with the temp farm and the boats, but that's about it. Maybe if I would've been really mad, that would've been better, but the total indifference with the game I feel at the moment is no fun.

Gwendolen
    Leader Success Team

• I really liked the CCE ... once upon a time ...when it ran every other month, it is by far the easiest event to do, do missions followed by more missions   :p   but now as it is ,,, not so much !

I do not want the Christmas event to return,  the amounts being asked to donate is ridiculous.  It definitely  needs changes done before it comes back ...NEXT YEAR ...!!!

In Fact let's not do anymore events until the New Year  <3<3    B)  
  • Dear Good Grief Studios,

I just spent the last hour reading posts & threads from all over this forum & I noticed that there is only one thing missing...

POSITIVE FEEDBACK!

Get the hint yet? You're doing it wrong!
  • well I am discouraged and deeply disappointed GGS ...I just don't give a Reindeer's dropping in a snowstorm anymore.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Why is the CC wheel still functional when there is no CC???

The weird thing is even through all these bugs mayhem and pretty much the malfunction of everything.......the gold offers, hot deals, and sales are working perfectly. If GGS paid as much attention to the game as they do to the gold purchases everything might actually work.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    edited 10.12.2017
    I probably shouldn't post this as it's my experience I'll start encounter problems, however; I don't know how many we're using the stand alone browser but I was using the regular website browser to play & didn't have any problems until they ended Santa's Wish List. So if you're still having problems you might want to try going back to the regular browser as I haven't been experiencing as many problems that have been reported on the forum. As a matter of fact - I don't understand why my settings are English but at the top of the forum shows another language I can't read & everything else is English which it should be.
    Post edited by noisy (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I probably shouldn't post this as it's my experience I'll start encounter problems, however; I don't know how many we're using the individual browser but I was using the regular website browsers to play & didn't have any problems until they ended Santa's Wish List. So if you're still having problems you might want to go back to the original browsers as I haven't been experiencing as many problems that have been reported on the forum. As a matter of fact - I don't understand why my settings are English but at the top of the forum shows another language I can't read & everything else is English which it should be.
    The messages from CM Hunter are translations of his official announcement. I imagine they are here because those particular groups don't have Forums in their languages.
  • Your forum doesn't work for Dung either.  Every :'( time I go to post something I have to type over my last entry
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    Our coop is TITANS but we cant find our coop in coop ranking list why is that
    Same for us sam. And the wheel is still there. Not touching that til we know what's happening with it!
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 10.12.2017
    The CO OP I'm in isn't showing either only 173 show. Oddest listing I've yet seen....
  • From what i read best thing to do  DON'T PLAY BROKEN EVENTS  its only a game on the side 
    for myself i started this game last February and still enjoying it.
    The coop i am in  just do the things we like, if something don't work well we leave it in peace and hope it will be fixed at some point   ;)

There's a lot off fun  :) just playing your own farms and helping out others where you can.

Best wishes for the defs to fix all broken things  B)
  • ljr (NL1)ljr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 47
    Let's look at it in a positive way:
    Due to broken events and unreachable goals, those events can (have to) be ignored; so we're back in time, where  events were something to look for, in stead of  the current overexpore of them. I almost love these buggy items!
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

When are the two new weekly events going to enter the rotation?

Hey guys.  Any news on this??
    I hope they take a good long time until they can figure out all the fixes that need taking care of.

No Gavin farm :) use more logic
  • GoodGold1 (US1)GoodGold1 (US1) Posts: 63
    edited 11.12.2017
    no co-op championship tent but the coopcha Wheel Of Fortune is up, Hard Worker Event icon does not show up,but you can click on where it belongs and it functions, co-op village warehouse does not function, you click on it and it ignores you,  if you are growing edge plants or have dry, rocky, etc field's they do not show, but are there; vanilla does not show but it is there, village competition does not show on wagons - you can click all you want it does not show what you are producing; support / help is down - it claims support and forum's DNS can not be found, even if you go off an older session url

oh, and them forum does not come up (UNTIL 4AM PST) (I got in off an old url and did not have to log in)

THIS IS NOT ALL, JUST WHAT I FOUND

1. GGS has gotten very very greedy, so much that the phone/tablet app comes up with a gold sale popup you have to click off to get to your farm; so much that the originally quarterly coopcha (co-op challenge) event became twice a month and has, for the last year, overtaxed your server's bandwidth - at times we can't get in or get in and can't harvest, etc.

2. GGS greed has cost them many players, I have seen it, lost several friends; found others who won't join a co-op, Still others find other ways to cope - "Your co-op" is a "no gold required" co-op, the members may compete or not, at their choosing and we support them VOLUNTARILY; and will never ask members to spend gold - at level 424 all research type projects are done

3, GGS seems to have forgotten: THIS IS A GAME. There are players with over $20,000US invested which GGS has done nothing to protect, like requiring a 3 day cooling off period before a co-op is actually gone so members can appeal back to GGS to have the co-op reinstated, and other precautions.

4, just read through all these comments in this thread - synthesize them down into a to-do list; things to fix about GGS and the interaction with it's customers. The program needs lots of fixes, you are trying to do too many things at one time for the bandwidth you have - your greed has gone beyond what's possible. Your customers can see the naked greed and don't like it - and they are leaving, I have been here 3 years now, and I have seen this farm game try to add advertisements - and fail miserably when they locked up the game - and change events making them far too often for people to prepare for them - when coopcha was quarterly you could save up seaweed fert and seeds, now there's no time - all of which turns coopcha, H W E, etc. into GOLD SPENDING contests; and that's no fun for us

We will continue to find ways around the issues like not participating (or boycotting) these events until the game becomes playable again (if ever). You have a lot of comments here, (and, studies have shown only 4% of people complain, the other 96% don';t care enough and just go elsewhere), a lot of chances to fix these issues and keep your customers. Don't throw it away

note" https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3737565#Comment_3737565

[Posts merged & unfounded comments about another player removed | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • So, it'll be in Wednesday :):):) And I thought it gone for ever :s:s:s
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • I usually don't say much on here, it's usually mostly uninformed gossip i see on here. It amazes me how so many think they know more about someone's personal situation and circumstances then one knows themself.

an example being from the post just prior to this one and qouted below.........

3, GGS seems to have forgotten: THIS IS A GAME. There are players with over $20,000US invested which GGS has done nothing to protect (famously, the old #2 co-op had a personality clash and the at-that-time leader threw a temper tantrum and just booted everyone and disbanded the co-op costing all those players all their investments in that co-op - there are no safeguards preventing that from happening (like requiring a 3 day cooling off period before the co-op is actually gone so members can appeal back to GGS to have the co-op reinstated, and other precautions)

first of all, i was the leader of that #2 coop in the game, so i know first handed what happened that fateful day. the perception given from the post above is completely incorrect and misrepresented. a perfect case of someone talking, making inaccurate accusations towards another human being, THAT is totally unacceptable.

the situation described in that post did happen, it was very tragic, very unfair to many innocent people, i agree.

HOWEVER, the person (temp leader at that time) had some very very very strenuous circumstances that are very personal to them and quite frankly no one else's business. So should not be persecuted in this manner. In fact if anything.....blame me. I should have handled the situation differently and was too busy at the time

as the previous post also points out............this is a game.........supposed to be a fun game on the internet!!! However, this kind of inappropriate badgering and defaming does not make it a fun game on the internet. This is not a place for personal persecution or attacks, that alone should be dealt with by GGS terms and conditions.

as far a GGS greed, i will not argue or comment directly on that. I will say however, that it's each person's perrogative to play or participate in the game as each person feels comfortable to do. This should not be a case of bad mouthing or slamming one players playing style vesus another players playing style. There is room for all styles in this large game on the internet. Even room for the previous post mentioned home coop, one that was assumed as the #5 coop from a previous very different playing style, but can now falsely profess a level of success that really was no doing of their own? Hmmmmmmmm..........interesting perception. Not too mention really had limited input in the rise of the one time #2 coop, but was allowed to ride along and gain the gains.

again, if someone is looking to blame what happened to that former #2 coop on someone in particular?

then blame ME, again it should have been my responsibility to prevent or not allow what happened to happen. Had i taken the appropriate measures at that time...........it simply could not have happened, no matter what.

for that oversight on my part, i express only my deepest sorrow to all involved. I wish we could go back, but can't. It's unfortuneately water under the bridge, expensive to many........none more than my own expenses.

so there you have it..............now let it lay and go forward, enjoying this "fun game on the internet"

~Rick~     the former and long time leader of hangin n chilin......now the leader at hnc style

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • veh (NL1)veh (NL1) NL1 Posts: 134
    The following post was written by our beloved Co-Op leader, who asked me to post it on her behalf as she is unable to stay logged into the boards.

Dear GGS,

I am dissapointed, very dissapointed.

I am a long-time player, I started November 28th 2012 and have been playing ever since. I have bought gold from time to time and I invested a lot of time in playing this game. When I started playing, the cherry orchard had not yet been released.

I also used to be pretty active on the forums, but due to the new forum not letting me stay logged in long enough to post something, that has dwindled.

There have been quite a few things in the past years that made me irritated, but I've usually been quite positive, on the old forum I was even accused of *ahem* sucking up to GGS.

Last year, the Santa event caused a lot of problems and trouble in cooperations, and stress for leaders, myself being one of them.

The way the event is designed, one player who, for reasons of their own, cannot be as active as they want, can fork up the whole event for a coop, by logging in at an inoppurtune time. Players who can't do much can be helped in phase 2, which in our awesome coop, does very well. But a player who logs in a few minutes before the chapter ends can and will, without intending to do so, make the whole cooperation lose the reward for that chapter ánd the chance to win the one from chapter 5.

This STINKS! I have a lot more pretty words for it, but those are not fit for publication.

There were a lot of promises however that people would look into it and that next year, it would be better. I should have known better than to believe you!

Because lo and behold: this years event is exáctly the same, with exáctly the same problems! It was said that players who only logged in, but didn't start their list, would not list as active and thus would not interfere with the event, but I have seen reports on the forums that it did.

We were promised a 'start' button this year, but ofcourse over the course of a whole year, that could not be implemented.

The worst however was, that I, as a leader had to boot 3 people out of the coop, because we couldn't be sure when they would log in again. As a leader I was caught between a rock and a hard place. I could boot 3 people, who I would never have booted otherwise, because the reason for their absence was known. Or I could go with the chance the rest of the coop would lose all their hard work and lose out on 2 decorations. I absolutely HATE that! I am not running a military operation, I consider these people friends!

And GGS is awáre of this problem! All 'open' coops were set to 'looking for members,' just because they knéw someone coming in at a wrong time would fork up the event for others. So if they can do this, why not keep players into consideration who may actually have things going on in their life!?!

Then chapter 1 ended prematurely. Our coop was already in phase 3 and we 'only' lost the work we did towards village happiness points, but it's still a bummer. I know numbers and calendars are hard and complicated stuff, but again: you had a yéar to fix this!

And then this morning I woke up to seeing that the whole event had gone the way of the dodo. Special seeds, charms and a lot of time and effort wasted again.

You had a year, a whole YEAR to make sure that this event would be fun and playable for all players. That all bugs were out and leaders would not again be caught in this dreaded place of choosing who to dissapoint. You have test server: TEST things!! Thoroughly and properly and then lísten to what your players have to say. These players are your customers!

Today finds me looking at my screen a bit. I have piddled a bit with the temp farm and the boats, but that's about it. Maybe if I would've been really mad, that would've been better, but the total indifference with the game I feel at the moment is no fun.

Gwendolen
    Leader Success Team

Gwendolen, Well said, I fully agree
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 10.12.2017
    I probably shouldn't post this as it's my experience I'll start encounter problems, however; I don't know how many we're using the individual browser but I was using the regular website browsers to play & didn't have any problems until they ended Santa's Wish List. So if you're still having problems you might want to go back to the original browsers as I haven't been experiencing as many problems that have been reported on the forum. As a matter of fact - I don't understand why my settings are English but at the top of the forum shows another language I can't read & everything else is English which it should be.
    The messages from CM Hunter are translations of his official announcement. I imagine they are here because those particular groups don't have Forums in their languages.
    @noisy (US1) @artful (US1) All the mods & CMs are each linked to a particular forum & any new threads that they start (on any forum) will automatically be promoted to those announcement boxes on their home forum. CM_Hunter is linked to the EN forum & so when he posted that announcement on all the other forums, each one got put in a box on here - Another genius feature by Vanilla :/  We are looking at a workaround to stop it happening in future, sorry for the confusion.

@Southern (US1) You can let Gwendolen know that we will pass on her post in our feedback tomorrow. 
    Also, I can't be sure what is causing her problems with the forum, without more details, but she can try this to see if it makes any difference: 

• Fill in the email & password & change country to correct server.
  • Hello, I the same as Rick do not normally chat on forum but feel I need to today.  The member HNC in previous chat did not know the details of what happened, neither did I at the time it happened.  However I did take the time & patience to find out the truth.  It was also a very difficult time for me.  I have moved on & have forgiven the happening.  Once again, remember my friends this is a game and no guarantees with the game.  Some folks in the last coop, as mentioned before, did not preform but tagged along.  Should not be posting or bringing up this subject ever again, thank & have a wonderful day ;-)
Sign In to comment.