Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• What a joyous and Merry Christmas this has turned out to be on the Bigfarm.  

@ the mods, please help me understand this:  The architect has only showed up on SOME farms and GGS will be sending him again next week because of this.  However, what does this do for the farms that do not have him NOW?  Considering this game has become nothing but competition, it only give those that have him now more of an advantage to build their farm stronger and leaves those that do not have him lagging behind.  This is not a solution, this is a joke for every player that does not currently have the architect on their farm.  The architect comes so rarely that we can not miss an opportunity to use him!  Even more so now that new levels have been introduced; everything needs upgrading again and can only be done with the architect.  

I am not even going to say anything about the complete flop of the Santa event and all the resources I wasted.  I just want to know how sending the architect NEXT WEEK helps the players that do not have him NOW.
    Hey @Shay1968 (US1) It is not intentional to have the architect only visit some players & not others. The only information we have at this time is that he will return next week. :/
  • Bobby88 (AU1)Bobby88 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 162
    The Grinch has stolen Christmas Preparations!!!.. After all the effort , Seaweed feed, gold etc. my Coop put into this even alas POOF! It has disappeared:-(( 

In one way, after receiving this lame deco with NO village happiness etc I can't say I am sorry this has happened.

.We seem to be bumbling from one bug to another on BF. .Maybe it is the overconsumption of Christmas spirit?? It's a pity that staff cutback have caused this to happen:-(((

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Where else would you find a builder at 8:30 in the evening  :D:D
  • @!#@#!! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!! Seventeen hours left on the timer and poof! on to chapter two when I still had four items left unfinished on my list. Never did get my first deco last year and I miss out  again this year.  Why can't GGS get ANYTHING right lately?
    Yes same happened to me. Used a lil gold to finish up the wheat for cow feed thought i was going to get one actually completed in a timely manner, couldn't get back on to harvest despite 4 Hot fix's this week booting me off my prime play time First thing in the morning before can finish my first coffee ggggrrrrr... fo'get a boot it eh?  I can only schedule 2 -3 hrs in the morning (west coast being much later than the rest), Then like most, have to work, schedule my 2-4 hr pop-in to harvest & flip... Glad you tinker & repair but it's so much downtime to enjoy the game! and impossible to fill these huge amounts requested. Just like the 'Events' all out of reason to accomplish. And WTH is this fishing Hard Worker doing here at this time!? just daft. Can't do it all. Only a few who have leveled-up their fishing can participate. What a crock this has become...not a happy place. Better be some exquisite compensation!
  • Regarding Co-op settings...specifically we were not allowed to put our settings at "open".  For this event GGS put the settings to "Looking for members".  Now, the event is down/on hold/cancelled.  However the settings are still frozen at "Looking"....  Not good.  I have lost 4 farmers b/c of this fiasco.  Not to mention all of the time, effort, gold, BF dollars, special seeds, humus and gifts that were used in completing my task but helping others.

Please unfreeze our co-op member settings as soon as possible.

Thank you, Barry
    Grade A Prime
    BarryJanet @ us 1
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    There has been far too much spent... farm dollars, gold, seaweed, and super items... to compensate with a deco for this debacle. Too many bugs and glitches, ongoing, and connected to every aspect of this game. Enough. Please correct what is wrong before moving forward on anything new.

Not that I disagree, but what other rewards for this event ARE there? The sole reward(s) are the decos. (well, aside from those couple of Hard Work Rewards, which are nothing.)

As far as I'm aware, the only reason to do this event is for the decos. So if they go ahead and give us the decos, why would the gold and seaweed and stuff that you used up to this point matter?

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I don't really care much about the decos, the best point of this event is for getting your coop  all working together .  It starts by looking impossible, but if you all work for it , it is do able . If it doesn't return , it will be a shame .
     The ridiculous amounts required for extra VHP need looking at though .
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 412
    edited 08.12.2017

Just occurred to me, Santa's wheel is now gone as well. I didn't get my ranking or reward

Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,267
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

When are the two new weekly events going to enter the rotation?

Hey guys.  Any news on this??
    gavinfarms @ us 1
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,451
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

When are the two new weekly events going to enter the rotation?

Hey guys.  Any news on this??
    I hope they take a good long time until they can figure out all the fixes that need taking care of.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    and with Omar the post office will stay, no way I can afford 17,900 gold for a deco

Timothy 1:18                                                                                                                                                     1st Corinthians 13
    I say for the compensation package you do the following:
    1. Stop all "special events" until after New Years (including CC's).
    2. Give everybody 20,000 Gold as compensation
    3. Keep Steve active for at least 50% of the time, if not more.
    4. Wish us all a Happy Holidays.
    5. During that quiet period, send the programmers to some programming classes!!
    I like this compensation! I won't hold my breath though
    So much for your idea.. Looks like yet another CC is on the way???!!! The Grinch strikes again:-(((
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    So much for your idea.. Looks like yet another CC is on the way???!!! The Grinch strikes again:-(((
    Yup, Saturday. We've known about that one for a few days now. :)

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
    Christmas Preparations .. obviously is flawed??? I have completed my list & want to help the other farms in my Coop.. Alas!! :-( I get a blank instead WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!?????  (See above)
    @Bobby88 (AU1) Try opening & closing it (several times) apparently that worked for someone else. See if reloading the game fixes it too.

Is there any glitch when fully donating last item to other members? It seem we got more dollars than we expected.
    @Surya54 (INT1) Please can you give more details of exactly what happened. :)

Hi Folks... Well the first thing that occurred to me was to do a reload att ..This didn't fix the problem.. But eventually the problem disappeared???.. Now however this whole event has gone down the toilet ... I was however given ONE deco for all the time & effort..This deco doesn't have any Happiness or VHP????.. I consider this inadequate esp. after all the resources I used.. 
    Our co-op has 64 members and they range in levels. We started phase 3 first thing this morning, the co-op task wants over 7 million apples. This is too extreme wouldn't you say?
    My Coop also experienced the totally unattainable bonus requirements.. The Grinch is alive & well!!!
  • There has been far too much spent... farm dollars, gold, seaweed, and super items... to compensate with a deco for this debacle. Too many bugs and glitches, ongoing, and connected to every aspect of this game. Enough. Please correct what is wrong before moving forward on anything new.

Not that I disagree, but what other rewards for this event ARE there? The sole reward(s) are the decos. (well, aside from those couple of Hard Work Rewards, which are nothing.)

As far as I'm aware, the only reason to do this event is for the decos. So if they go ahead and give us the decos, why would the gold and seaweed and stuff that you used up to this point matter?

I suppose you are entirely correct. Just a moment of frustration. 

All the darkness of the world cannot extinguish the light of one small candle...
    Smile, and let your light shine!

Skye MacDuell @ us 1
  • ALEXA10 (HIS1)ALEXA10 (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 24
    Entre los 128 millones de errores y horrores que se han presentado en los últimos días quiero reportar que los dichosos premios del embudo de pesca no están en mi inventario , necesitaba apoyar a un compañero y al ver mi inventario oh sorpresa!! de las supuestas 25 cañas de pesca que dan entre los premios ( 15 cañas de trolling curva y 10 cañas de grafito no hay ninguna y de las anteriores no encuentro mas que 5 , no quiero pensar que todos sus eventos son unos tristes simulacros donde solo abusan de nuestro trabajo y buena fe y los premios solo se ven reflejados en sus supuestas listas de " YA SE HA GANADO " pero no se ven por ningún lado !! 
    grrrrr y mas grrrrrr !!!! 
  • FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,334
    Yup, Saturday. We've known about that one for a few days now. :)
    No CC is announced at our coop.  Maybe we are getting a reprieve. (I just took this screen shot of my farm) Notice there is no CC clock countdown indicator anywhere.

Photo taken by FarmerCli  (Front Porch View of Elk grazing in pasture) 2015

• Entre los 128 millones de errores y horrores que se han presentado en los últimos días quiero reportar que los dichosos premios del embudo de pesca no están en mi inventario , necesitaba apoyar a un compañero y al ver mi inventario oh sorpresa!! de las supuestas 25 cañas de pesca que dan entre los premios ( 15 cañas de trolling curva y 10 cañas de grafito no hay ninguna y de las anteriores no encuentro mas que 5 , no quiero pensar que todos sus eventos son unos tristes simulacros donde solo abusan de nuestro trabajo y buena fe y los premios solo se ven reflejados en sus supuestas listas de " YA SE HA GANADO " pero no se ven por ningún lado !! 
    grrrrr y mas grrrrrr !!!! 

I feel you Alexa....grrrrrrrr...says it all...hang in there   :|   
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    It's gone, gold lost, resources wasted, time blown, coop members booted.

OH FUDGE….
    See what I do when not playing silly games.
    http://ArtmakersWorlds.com
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    Don't you guys see? Re-starting it yet again means getting people to use their gold for a third time on chapter 2. Very strategic of GG$
    That sounds about right "Sassenach" hehe. Sorry MRG1, I noticed your signature and couldn't resist the reference to Outlander. Great show!!  :)
    To Infinity & Beyond!!!
Sign In to comment.