Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• HEY!  GOOD GRIEF STUDIOS!  Listen to me now & hear me later...
    Your Xmas event is a TOTAL FLOP. 

It creates divisiveness in the co-op rather than collaboration.

My co-op voted to boot everyone who had not logged in to play by the end of day 2!
    Your phase 3 bonus round is completely unobtainable for responsible co-ops
    Your list requests are bizarre, too high & hurt the progress of smaller farms - and we were only in week 2!

I would much rather see an event where we can GIVE a gift to our members, something that can help their progress & encourage a sense of community rather than the 1 fail all fail event you have offered (and screwed up for the last 3 years)

• What a joyous and Merry Christmas this has turned out to be on the Bigfarm.  

@ the mods, please help me understand this:  The architect has only showed up on SOME farms and GGS will be sending him again next week because of this.  However, what does this do for the farms that do not have him NOW?  Considering this game has become nothing but competition, it only give those that have him now more of an advantage to build their farm stronger and leaves those that do not have him lagging behind.  This is not a solution, this is a joke for every player that does not currently have the architect on their farm.  The architect comes so rarely that we can not miss an opportunity to use him!  Even more so now that new levels have been introduced; everything needs upgrading again and can only be done with the architect.  

I am not even going to say anything about the complete flop of the Santa event and all the resources I wasted.  I just want to know how sending the architect NEXT WEEK helps the players that do not have him NOW.
    Hey @Shay1968 (US1) It is not intentional to have the architect only visit some players & not others. The only information we have at this time is that he will return next week. :/
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Aww we know where he is.   He slipped away to the local pub for a pint (or six) burp.

Yea he'll stumble back later.   
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    The Grinch has stolen Christmas Preparations!!!.. After all the effort , Seaweed feed, gold etc. my Coop put into this even alas POOF! It has disappeared:-(( 

In one way, after receiving this lame deco with NO village happiness etc I can't say I am sorry this has happened.

.We seem to be bumbling from one bug to another on BF. .Maybe it is the overconsumption of Christmas spirit?? It's a pity that staff cutback have caused this to happen:-(((

I FOUND HIM!   The Architect.  

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Where else would you find a builder at 8:30 in the evening  :D:D
  • @!#@#!! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!! Seventeen hours left on the timer and poof! on to chapter two when I still had four items left unfinished on my list. Never did get my first deco last year and I miss out  again this year.  Why can't GGS get ANYTHING right lately?
    Yes same happened to me. Used a lil gold to finish up the wheat for cow feed thought i was going to get one actually completed in a timely manner, couldn't get back on to harvest despite 4 Hot fix's this week booting me off my prime play time First thing in the morning before can finish my first coffee ggggrrrrr... fo'get a boot it eh?  I can only schedule 2 -3 hrs in the morning (west coast being much later than the rest), Then like most, have to work, schedule my 2-4 hr pop-in to harvest & flip... Glad you tinker & repair but it's so much downtime to enjoy the game! and impossible to fill these huge amounts requested. Just like the 'Events' all out of reason to accomplish. And WTH is this fishing Hard Worker doing here at this time!? just daft. Can't do it all. Only a few who have leveled-up their fishing can participate. What a crock this has become...not a happy place. Better be some exquisite compensation!
  • There has been far too much spent... farm dollars, gold, seaweed, and super items... to compensate with a deco for this debacle. Too many bugs and glitches, ongoing, and connected to every aspect of this game. Enough. Please correct what is wrong before moving forward on anything new.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I am asking that GGS does not return the Santa event.  I feel the decos should be given as compensation with the highest available happiness and village happiness for each to every single player.  I also feel a compensation package of Special seeds, seaweed feeds, ferts and humus, other humuses and feeds, some farm cash, and gold should be given to each and every player.  A lot of people put their all into this event at the beginning of each chapter to be done with phase 1 and phase 2 early on so they can go do their Christmas shopping or visit with family and friends or go ice skating or do other holiday/seasonal activities.  GGS fails to recognize this is the busiest part of the year for most people.  Not just for the holidays but also for year end at work.   GGS needs to tone this event down dramatically or toss it in the recycle bin.  We want an enjoyable event, not something that is going to add extra stress or take away time from work, family, or friends during the most busiest time of the year. 

IF they do bring this event back this year, only the last part of the Santa event ... collect snowflakes would be nice. 
  • Regarding Co-op settings...specifically we were not allowed to put our settings at "open".  For this event GGS put the settings to "Looking for members".  Now, the event is down/on hold/cancelled.  However the settings are still frozen at "Looking"....  Not good.  I have lost 4 farmers b/c of this fiasco.  Not to mention all of the time, effort, gold, BF dollars, special seeds, humus and gifts that were used in completing my task but helping others.

Please unfreeze our co-op member settings as soon as possible.

Thank you, Barry
    Grade A Prime
  • I've lost interest due to loss of resources and gold used. Was hard, indeed though at least there was progression and a reward ahead for hard work. 

I'm not pleased at all, and fighting to stay on.

Lesson learned. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    There has been far too much spent... farm dollars, gold, seaweed, and super items... to compensate with a deco for this debacle. Too many bugs and glitches, ongoing, and connected to every aspect of this game. Enough. Please correct what is wrong before moving forward on anything new.

Not that I disagree, but what other rewards for this event ARE there? The sole reward(s) are the decos. (well, aside from those couple of Hard Work Rewards, which are nothing.)

As far as I'm aware, the only reason to do this event is for the decos. So if they go ahead and give us the decos, why would the gold and seaweed and stuff that you used up to this point matter?

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I don't really care much about the decos, the best point of this event is for getting your coop  all working together .  It starts by looking impossible, but if you all work for it , it is do able . If it doesn't return , it will be a shame .
     The ridiculous amounts required for extra VHP need looking at though .
  • I say for the compensation package you do the following:
    1. Stop all "special events" until after New Years (including CC's).
    2. Give everybody 20,000 Gold as compensation
    3. Keep Steve active for at least 50% of the time, if not more.
    4. Wish us all a Happy Holidays.
    5. During that quiet period, send the programmers to some programming classes!!
    I like this compensation! I won't hold my breath though
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 08.12.2017

Just occurred to me, Santa's wheel is now gone as well. I didn't get my ranking or reward

Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

When are the two new weekly events going to enter the rotation?

Hey guys.  Any news on this??
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

When are the two new weekly events going to enter the rotation?

Hey guys.  Any news on this??
    I hope they take a good long time until they can figure out all the fixes that need taking care of.

• Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    and with Omar the post office will stay, no way I can afford 17,900 gold for a deco

The following post was written by our beloved Co-Op leader, who asked me to post it on her behalf as she is unable to stay logged into the boards.

Dear GGS,

I am dissapointed, very dissapointed.

I am a long-time player, I started November 28th 2012 and have been playing ever since. I have bought gold from time to time and I invested a lot of time in playing this game. When I started playing, the cherry orchard had not yet been released.

I also used to be pretty active on the forums, but due to the new forum not letting me stay logged in long enough to post something, that has dwindled.

There have been quite a few things in the past years that made me irritated, but I've usually been quite positive, on the old forum I was even accused of *ahem* sucking up to GGS.

Last year, the Santa event caused a lot of problems and trouble in cooperations, and stress for leaders, myself being one of them.

The way the event is designed, one player who, for reasons of their own, cannot be as active as they want, can fork up the whole event for a coop, by logging in at an inoppurtune time. Players who can't do much can be helped in phase 2, which in our awesome coop, does very well. But a player who logs in a few minutes before the chapter ends can and will, without intending to do so, make the whole cooperation lose the reward for that chapter ánd the chance to win the one from chapter 5.

This STINKS! I have a lot more pretty words for it, but those are not fit for publication.

There were a lot of promises however that people would look into it and that next year, it would be better. I should have known better than to believe you!

Because lo and behold: this years event is exáctly the same, with exáctly the same problems! It was said that players who only logged in, but didn't start their list, would not list as active and thus would not interfere with the event, but I have seen reports on the forums that it did.

We were promised a 'start' button this year, but ofcourse over the course of a whole year, that could not be implemented.

The worst however was, that I, as a leader had to boot 3 people out of the coop, because we couldn't be sure when they would log in again. As a leader I was caught between a rock and a hard place. I could boot 3 people, who I would never have booted otherwise, because the reason for their absence was known. Or I could go with the chance the rest of the coop would lose all their hard work and lose out on 2 decorations. I absolutely HATE that! I am not running a military operation, I consider these people friends!

And GGS is awáre of this problem! All 'open' coops were set to 'looking for members,' just because they knéw someone coming in at a wrong time would fork up the event for others. So if they can do this, why not keep players into consideration who may actually have things going on in their life!?!

Then chapter 1 ended prematurely. Our coop was already in phase 3 and we 'only' lost the work we did towards village happiness points, but it's still a bummer. I know numbers and calendars are hard and complicated stuff, but again: you had a yéar to fix this!

And then this morning I woke up to seeing that the whole event had gone the way of the dodo. Special seeds, charms and a lot of time and effort wasted again.

You had a year, a whole YEAR to make sure that this event would be fun and playable for all players. That all bugs were out and leaders would not again be caught in this dreaded place of choosing who to dissapoint. You have test server: TEST things!! Thoroughly and properly and then lísten to what your players have to say. These players are your customers!

Today finds me looking at my screen a bit. I have piddled a bit with the temp farm and the boats, but that's about it. Maybe if I would've been really mad, that would've been better, but the total indifference with the game I feel at the moment is no fun.

Gwendolen
    Leader Success Team

I say for the compensation package you do the following:
    So much for your idea.. Looks like yet another CC is on the way???!!! The Grinch strikes again:-(((
    I say for the compensation package you do the following:
    So much for your idea.. Looks like yet another CC is on the way???!!! The Grinch strikes again:-(((
    Yup, Saturday. We've known about that one for a few days now. :)
    Christmas Preparations .. obviously is flawed??? I have completed my list & want to help the other farms in my Coop.. Alas!! :-( I get a blank instead WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!?????  (See above)
    @Bobby88 (AU1) Try opening & closing it (several times) apparently that worked for someone else. See if reloading the game fixes it too.

Is there any glitch when fully donating last item to other members? It seem we got more dollars than we expected.
    @Surya54 (INT1) Please can you give more details of exactly what happened. :)

Hi Folks... Well the first thing that occurred to me was to do a reload att ..This didn't fix the problem.. But eventually the problem disappeared???.. Now however this whole event has gone down the toilet ... I was however given ONE deco for all the time & effort..This deco doesn't have any Happiness or VHP????.. I consider this inadequate esp. after all the resources I used.. 
    Our co-op has 64 members and they range in levels. We started phase 3 first thing this morning, the co-op task wants over 7 million apples. This is too extreme wouldn't you say?
    My Coop also experienced the totally unattainable bonus requirements.. The Grinch is alive & well!!!
  • SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 08.12.2017
    Well kiss my BooYa...and make me happy...I get Greta the landscape architect instead of Steve. :o    OHhhh that hurt my feelings...somebody needs a spanking or time in the corner...LOL...so I'll take my turn & hope he will be a good Santa Steve   B) 
    Related image
  • There has been far too much spent... farm dollars, gold, seaweed, and super items... to compensate with a deco for this debacle. Too many bugs and glitches, ongoing, and connected to every aspect of this game. Enough. Please correct what is wrong before moving forward on anything new.

Not that I disagree, but what other rewards for this event ARE there? The sole reward(s) are the decos. (well, aside from those couple of Hard Work Rewards, which are nothing.)

As far as I'm aware, the only reason to do this event is for the decos. So if they go ahead and give us the decos, why would the gold and seaweed and stuff that you used up to this point matter?

I suppose you are entirely correct. Just a moment of frustration. 
  • ALEXA10 (HIS1)ALEXA10 (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 24
    Entre los 128 millones de errores y horrores que se han presentado en los últimos días quiero reportar que los dichosos premios del embudo de pesca no están en mi inventario , necesitaba apoyar a un compañero y al ver mi inventario oh sorpresa!! de las supuestas 25 cañas de pesca que dan entre los premios ( 15 cañas de trolling curva y 10 cañas de grafito no hay ninguna y de las anteriores no encuentro mas que 5 , no quiero pensar que todos sus eventos son unos tristes simulacros donde solo abusan de nuestro trabajo y buena fe y los premios solo se ven reflejados en sus supuestas listas de " YA SE HA GANADO " pero no se ven por ningún lado !! 
    grrrrr y mas grrrrrr !!!! 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Entre los 128 millones de errores y horrores que se han presentado en los últimos días quiero reportar que los dichosos premios del embudo de pesca no están en mi inventario , necesitaba apoyar a un compañero y al ver mi inventario oh sorpresa!! de las supuestas 25 cañas de pesca que dan entre los premios ( 15 cañas de trolling curva y 10 cañas de grafito no hay ninguna y de las anteriores no encuentro mas que 5 , no quiero pensar que todos sus eventos son unos tristes simulacros donde solo abusan de nuestro trabajo y buena fe y los premios solo se ven reflejados en sus supuestas listas de " YA SE HA GANADO " pero no se ven por ningún lado !! 
    grrrrr y mas grrrrrr !!!! 

I feel you Alexa....grrrrrrrr...says it all...hang in there   :|   
    It's gone, gold lost, resources wasted, time blown, coop members booted.

OH FUDGE….
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    Don't you guys see? Re-starting it yet again means getting people to use their gold for a third time on chapter 2. Very strategic of GG$
    That sounds about right "Sassenach" hehe. Sorry MRG1, I noticed your signature and couldn't resist the reference to Outlander. Great show!!  :)
Sign In to comment.