Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Just a question for the mods:

Why does removing Santas Wishlist have an influence on the daily mission and the Rudolf calender?
    I still have Santas Calender working on my farm so far. 
    My leader that she should redo it, and then I checked, and I had too. She also have to redo her daily mission.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    And now the harvests needed for my List in Chapter 2 are not being counted.  When will this be sorted?

11 months to plan the event and make sure it works properly should have been enough time to get this event right.
    @James99 (GB1)

Reload, and you'll find your tree is gone.  They've turned off the event completely for now.  Read the Announcement for more info.
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    I say for the compensation package you do the following:
    1. Stop all "special events" until after New Years (including CC's).
    2. Give everybody 20,000 Gold as compensation
    3. Keep Steve active for at least 50% of the time, if not more.
    4. Wish us all a Happy Holidays.
    5. During that quiet period, send the programmers to some programming classes!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Just a question for the mods:

Why does removing Santas Wishlist have an influence on the daily mission and the Rudolf calender?
    It's not affecting them on this server.
  • Vaizdo rezultatas pagal uklaus christmas wallpaper desktopMerry Christmas :):):)
  • I say for the compensation package you do the following:
    totally agreed @Morgane (US1)

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Don't you guys see? Re-starting it yet again means getting people to use their gold for a third time on chapter 2. Very strategic of GG$
  • typical goodgame yet another cock up
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Yep - no surprise - wonder how glad Stillfront gets, when they realize that they bought a company, where the players have lost all trust in gg's, - spending less and less gold, playing less and less of new events..
    None of their newer events has been working for months, lots of complaints - poor compensation - waste of ppls time & money...- and not mention the poor wascally, who endless times needs to bring one sad announcement after another (I hope they pay you well!).

I would like to hear an official announcement from the new owners, what do you want to do better-whats the plan? 
    I'm fed up.
    Merry Christmas
  • Please don't bring it back this year...now you can take a year to fix it, change things, make it so you don't have to devote so much time to that one event...your asking for to much & not reciprocating on top of it all.

It's suppose to be a fun Christmas event ...... but it is not !   :'( 

• loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    Hi ,

Are we going to get our Dec from chapter 1 and 2 of the santa quest? as well as our freebies as i have not got any thing yet 

thanks 
  • discussion for compensation::

I am at 87% complete on chapter 2 of xmas event

resources I used:

small & big charms, brushes and rakes

used every type of humus and fertilizers

used a lot of special seeds and regular seeds

and that is not considering the time I put into it

so that compensation package better be real good to cover all that has been used.

or when you restart the chapter you start it where everyone is at in their chapter

I

• don't bother to bring it back after xmas - all the fun and joy will be gone. 
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    We had our second chapter complete and had started on the bonus. 

For compensation, how about the following.
    1. 20,000 gold coin minimum (Not sure how much I spent here) ( may be to small of an amount for others)
    2. 1 Million dollars. (I spent more than that)
    3. All the Christmas gifts we were subject to earn and as a bonus the three that could be bought.
    4. Stop changing the event. Maybe add something, but keep the base of the event the same, like you did with the themed events. You kept it the same, you just add on a feature. 
    5. You need to remember this might be a job for you, but this is suppose to be a game and enjoyable for us. We do not make a living playing this game. We play the game because we enjoy the game. You are making the game less enjoyable with items costing a month's salary. Some can afford it. I might be tempted to buy gold every so often if the items to buy were a little more purchase friendly for us poor folks.
    6. Keep the empathy and remember back when you had one farm. I have people in my group that started out right along with you and helped your business grow enough that you are now merging with an even larger company. While I am happy for you and I understand big business, I sure would hate to think I have invested over two years of my life playing this game as my outlet and have to find something else. I love this game, it is the only game I play. I know others that have been here since day one that say the same thing. Loyalty, that should be your number one concern.
  • I guess I should have checked the rules for the Christmas Event.  However, when the other memebers failed to complete their lists, we should have automatically not been allowed to go on to the next chapter.  I was almost half way through only to find no tree today.  Got to work on that.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    OH this is a classic.   Agreed.

With one more…
    PLEASE GG… NEVER bring this event back.   Let it RIP.  

• T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247

With one more…

Hopefully they don't bring it back this coming weeks to give us all the much needed break. They can bring it back next year but please put an opt out button plus please Re-balance the numbers of this event. The amount on the wishlist is not apt for Christmas at all.
    Well I don't care if they do bring it back ever.  At least twice now this has costed my coop some good players. The numbers are insane and it's just no fun what so ever.   I'll be opting my coop out right from the start.  Probably lose a few again.  

They aught to rename the title of this thread from Christmas Reloaded to 
    Christmas EXPLODED.    lol.   
  • Hmm - Steve seems to be selective as to whom he visits.  He's visiting other members in our coop but he's shunning me :(
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Compensation package idea.........72 hours production/construction reducing booster for everyone with Steve accessible for the entire duration.
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    A few comments/observations:

- As people joined left our cooperative in Chapter 2, it adjusted the value of my Chapter 1 decoration.  It went from 58 to 48 to finally settle on 52.  (Basically it went down for those who didn't complete Chapter 1 in old coop, and when up for those that did).
    - The patch yesterday did reset the harvested items for more than 30 minutes.  Wet Pig Feed, no big deal, just needed to remake a few batches to fill it off.  Things like Essence of Lavender or Wheat, bug me, but I just accept it, and move on and reproduce the items.  No point in getting worked up over something I have no control over.

As for the downtime:

One of the major positives I find to this event, is that is shows where the GF and FF are weaker and I have neglected them in terms of my MF.  I'm taking this as an opportunity to upgrade that distillery so when the event comes back, I can make those batches of essence a bit quicker and will be better able to help out other members of my cooperative.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Compensation package idea.........72 hours production/construction reducing booster for everyone with Steve accessible for the entire duration.
    On every farm simultaneously!!
  • I say for the compensation package you do the following:

With one more…

I want 200 each of all the seaweeds also, plus boosters, and not one or two decos, all of them.

With one more…

I want 200 each of all the seaweeds also, plus boosters, and not one or two decos, all of them.
    Yea… and I want Santa Clause to stuff a corvette down my chimney.  
  • SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 07.12.2017

With one more…

Yea… and I want Santa Clause to stuff a corvette down my chimney.  

Artmaker (GB1) said:
    Well I don't care if they do bring it back ever.  At least twice now this has costed my coop some good players. The numbers are insane and it's just no fun what so ever.   I'll be opting my coop out right from the start.  Probably lose a few again.  

They aught to rename the title of this thread from Christmas Reloaded to 
    Christmas EXPLODED.    lol.   
    We can only hope Artmaker (GB1) ....so good    :D   These are all a good start for a Very Merry Christmas to us !!    B)
  • rep (GB1)rep (GB1) GB1 Posts: 16
    If it does come back, will we have the same items to collect? Most of my players were nearing completion.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    What a joyous and Merry Christmas this has turned out to be on the Bigfarm.  

@ the mods, please help me understand this:  The architect has only showed up on SOME farms and GGS will be sending him again next week because of this.  However, what does this do for the farms that do not have him NOW?  Considering this game has become nothing but competition, it only give those that have him now more of an advantage to build their farm stronger and leaves those that do not have him lagging behind.  This is not a solution, this is a joke for every player that does not currently have the architect on their farm.  The architect comes so rarely that we can not miss an opportunity to use him!  Even more so now that new levels have been introduced; everything needs upgrading again and can only be done with the architect.  

I am not even going to say anything about the complete flop of the Santa event and all the resources I wasted.  I just want to know how sending the architect NEXT WEEK helps the players that do not have him NOW.
    Here's a thought, decorate the architect's truck, send him along UNTIL NEW YEARS EVE!   Let him park where the debunked failed christmas event was.   And HALF OFF ALL UPGRADES for the duration.  

Merry Christmas
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    edited 07.12.2017
    We took pictures last night of where we were at because I had a feeling something was going to happen based on forum conversation but didn't expect it to stop completely. I had 3 out of the 7 items in chapter 2 completed, 1 more today & at least halfway on the other 3.
    2nd member had 2 completed, 2 more today & between 1/4 t0 1/2 way on the other 3.
    3rd member had 1 completed, 2 today & a 1/4 to 1/2 way on other 4.
    We are a small cooperative of 3 & it's hard for us to get these ridiculous amounts required for items that take a long time. We have used a lot of our special seeds, super feed, premium fertilizer & gifts to complete this event & have used them to set up for collection of items today. I guess we wasted valuable assets for collections this morning. Here are some examples:
    I goofed this morning because I didn't notice it stopped until after I collected an item I didn't need & started max collection of item again.
    Gamers have asked GGS time & time again not to have so many events on at once because it causes more problems -- To prevent this from happening again Please listen to us about this.
    Post edited by noisy (US1) on
Sign In to comment.