Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• I agree that it's more like 2 hours, I've lost a lot of progress and the time is critical in this event.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    I collected 720 units of Jasmine Essence before the latest hotfix-rollback.. and now Jasmine on my list is back at zero.
    Im experiencing game rage in a game thats not suppose to have any aggression. :/

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 06.12.2017

I think that this 'hotfix' has caused more problems than there was before.  I had collected apples, pig feed, aloe vera  and aloe vera gel - all quite long processes - and now have to do them all again. 

Edit  -  just noticed that I have also to collect ALL the lambs lettuce I had harvested, 2816 of it.

CAN WE HAVE A ROLL FORWARD PLEASE !!  :)

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 06.12.2017
    Come on.

I had a good amount of Chapter 2 done you did a hot fix and now I am back at ground zero. This stupid event is hard enough, cause people to leave coops because they can not opt out and are FORCED to play it or hurt the ones that do want to do it and then to top it off you do hot fixes that mess the whole thing up.

After 5 years of playing and sticking with you all I have about had it. 

I am asking myself how much more time do I want to put into a game that causes so much frustration in my life? Why should I spend my hard earned money on GGS who just can not listen. After 5 year they still can not get the fact that fix what dose not work and stop adding until everything works 100%.  Test everything over and over before you put in the game. 

Oh and I have not gotten the deco from week 1 and my whole coop completed the lists.

My coop lost 13 member due to this event. That most almost half. WHY NO OPT OUT!!!!!

AND FOR WHAT EVENT THAT IS NOT WORKING RIGHT PROGRESS LOSSES AND NO DECO. HALF MY COOP FOR NOTHING.

I did the math and for the just the amount of apples I need to complete chapter 2 it is going to take 5.5 days if I stay up around the clock and harvest every 3 hours on the dot.  Sorry not doable, I work and sleep and have a life.  To top it off you made it even more impossible by resetting my progress from last night and this morning.

This is my 3rd year doing this event and it has been a disaster from the start yet you keep bringing a broken event back. First year I went broke because you did not give us cash for donations until half way through. Last year there was error and a lot of people did not get decos. This year you want an unacceptable high amount of good, error, lots of down time, no decos and lets not forget loss of progress of goods collected. 

3 years and you still can not get it to work maybe it should be shelved and everyone should be rewarded with the decos for all the trouble and time they dealt with and wasted. 

I am sorry but I am beyond ticked and frustrated. It has gotten to the point that NO event is working right. All we get is error after error and hot fix after hot fix that makes things worse all the time. 

GGS need to understand people that buy gold pay for it by working and there time is worth money, so when we do an event it needs to be reasonable amounts for the time given and without errors. 

Hint::: if I take 5 days off from work to get the apples I need I am not going to have money to buy gold. 
    Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
  • I seem to be one of the lucky ones...still at the same place before the hot fix.  Many others in my coop are not.  Not nice.
    CAN WE HAVE A ROLL FORWARD PLEASE TO RECTIFY THIS FIASCO.  :)
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    I had 3 of my Santa list items roll back to zero!! Long run items that took hrs to make. This is total BS.
    SS's, humus, time, all lost. Long runs of barley, wheat and all the cow silage I had made for 5 or 6 hrs...Summer Bouquets that was a 6 hr run...Can you please get one event right without major catastrophes occuring? I am in utter amazement at the inept methods you utilize to try to 'fix' something. 
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Same here. All across the board. My people, myself included, lost valuable time, gold, product, some items were completed now numbers back to zero, some items took hours to make, where is the fix. What is happening. Now we have things turned back to zero, we were not reimbursed our time, funds, or gold. 

In addition to the above, we did not receive the deco from chapter one. We have one person who did not show and I was assured her absence would not be an issue as long as she did not enter. She is rebuilding her home from the hurricane in Texas and has not returned, everyone else did 100% and was working on the third part for well over a couple of days. We were assured this would not be an issue and that if she showed up for example during the third chapter, the first two chapters would not be affected. 

Fix the bugs before you go any further or add anything else. I am starting to see a greedy side in the amount of time, amount of events, the need for funds real and fake, the amount of gold if any is spent, and the amount of product required to complete any given task. The prizes are less, the amount more, and non stop, stacked events is becoming more of a chore than a joy. 

Wake up and smell the coffee before people catch on and start dropping like flies.
  • HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!:D Have a blessed Christmas day!
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!:D Have a blessed Christmas day!
    No kidding just want everyone needs GGS to make is more stressful! 
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    My granddaughter is on a different co-op from mine...

She filled her list, and donated quite a bit to others.
    Right before the change to chapter 2, someone innocently came on and harvested just enough to make 1% and mess the entire co-op up.
    She wants to know if she should bother playing the Santa List, as it sounds like she won't get even a single decoration now...

Does anyone know if that's how it works?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    GrammaLeah (US1) said:
    My granddaughter is on a different co-op from mine...

Right before the change to chapter 2, someone innocently came on and harvested just enough to make 1% and mess the entire co-op up.
    She wants to know if she should bother playing the Santa List, as it sounds like she won't get even a single decoration now...

That's how it works.  Rather than boot members, we chose to just skip it.  Not worth all the agro for a cheap deco with low happiness value
  • You don't need to harvest anything to have it start counting.  I have one person who came online to say that she's been having internet trouble and posted it and was gone.  Did not harvest anything that I can see, yet she's now at 0% and it's the same tan color as mine.  Not greyed out at all. 

So just logging in makes you a participant.

Last week we were working on a measy 40-0 deco that hasn't shown up.  This week we get a 15-0 deco that if it ever shows up will just to to greta.  Really, a heck of a lot more work for a deco that's worth 1/3 of the first one.  Wow:(  Not gonna kill myself on this one.
  • Its Me (US1)Its Me (US1) US1 Posts: 266
    My co-op finished Chapter 1 but didn't receive the deco.  Are we supposed to get the deco after the Chapter or at the end of the event.

I also had my santa list restart after this hotfix, so all my progress is back to 0 -- ridiculous
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    We haven't received the Chapter 1 deco yet. Has any one received it?
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

GGS:

We don't get them right away, correct?  I was not credited with the "Elves Workbench" and I was definitely done with my list days ago.  So do we receive the decos when the event ends?
    All members of my coop had 100% progress.  As soon as it became midnight, one player dropped down to 51%.  I have not received the decoration.  

• Can not open "Christmas Preparations Event"

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 07.12.2017
    Why not GGS make a quick change so that when there are less than 2 days left, players at 0% harvesting something can no longer prevent everyone else from getting the decoration.  
  • funambuleke (FR1)funambuleke (FR1) FR1 Posts: 11,845
    Can not open "Christmas Preparations Event"

Hello,

It's the same for the french server...  :/
    Going to have to do a ROLL FORWARD to clear this mess up.  Since the hotfix I am unable to add sparkles to other players farms ..... Grrrrrr !!!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

GGS:

We don't get them right away, correct?  I was not credited with the "Elves Workbench" and I was definitely done with my list days ago.  So do we receive the decos when the event ends?
    Hey @gavinfarms (US1) The decorations should be given when the chapter ends but since chapter 1 ended early for some, it's possible that the decoration may arrive when the chapter was meant to end.
    The time it was meant to end is now also past, and still no elves workbench has appeared.
  • My granddaughter is on a different co-op from mine...

Just finish the person's list, and continue.  Someone logging on doesn't "mess the entire co-up up," it creates an opportunity for the co-op to work together to help one of their members finish their list.  Then you go back to working on the co-op quest, exactly where it was when the member logged on.

@everyone else - wow, ya'll have so much drama and hate over an event that, while not perfect, is nowhere near the crisis you are making it into.

Santa's list is a strategy event.  You need to work together, and approach the list strategically.

Even a very low level, small co-op can accomplish everything on the lists, if ya'll communicate and work together.

Read the forum posts about this event from last year and the section on it over at crazybigfarm.tk website.  There's a ton of tips and advice already out there (even some in this thread).  

Just my two bytes.

• I have not received Chapter.1 Deco.
    I guess that Chapter 2 dose not start and I can not open the event window and all harvests are not counted.

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Come on.

I had a good amount of Chapter 2 done you did a hot fix and now I am back at ground zero. This stupid event is hard enough, cause people to leave coops because they can not opt out and are FORCED to play it or hurt the ones that do want to do it and then to top it off you do hot fixes that mess the whole thing up.

After 5 years of playing and sticking with you all I have about had it. 

I am asking myself how much more time do I want to put into a game that causes so much frustration in my life? Why should I spend my hard earned money on GGS who just can not listen. After 5 year they still can not get the fact that fix what dose not work and stop adding until everything works 100%.  Test everything over and over before you put in the game. 

Oh and I have not gotten the deco from week 1 and my whole coop completed the lists.

My coop lost 13 member due to this event. That most almost half. WHY NO OPT OUT!!!!!

AND FOR WHAT EVENT THAT IS NOT WORKING RIGHT PROGRESS LOSSES AND NO DECO. HALF MY COOP FOR NOTHING.

I did the math and for the just the amount of apples I need to complete chapter 2 it is going to take 5.5 days if I stay up around the clock and harvest every 3 hours on the dot.  Sorry not doable, I work and sleep and have a life.  To top it off you made it even more impossible by resetting my progress from last night and this morning.

This is my 3rd year doing this event and it has been a disaster from the start yet you keep bringing a broken event back. First year I went broke because you did not give us cash for donations until half way through. Last year there was error and a lot of people did not get decos. This year you want an unacceptable high amount of good, error, lots of down time, no decos and lets not forget loss of progress of goods collected. 

3 years and you still can not get it to work maybe it should be shelved and everyone should be rewarded with the decos for all the trouble and time they dealt with and wasted. 

I am sorry but I am beyond ticked and frustrated. It has gotten to the point that NO event is working right. All we get is error after error and hot fix after hot fix that makes things worse all the time. 

GGS need to understand people that buy gold pay for it by working and there time is worth money, so when we do an event it needs to be reasonable amounts for the time given and without errors. 

Hint::: if I take 5 days off from work to get the apples I need I am not going to have money to buy gold. 
    EXACTLY!!!!!!  THIS.  NO need for me to repeat it.  This stupid event just about killed my coop years ago. Some go head long into every competition and some (most) just want to come here and have fun.
    It costed my coop about a dozen really good players and we never quite recovered. 

Now this year, picked up a few good ones, who just left because again, not enough players are all in with this.

Just give leaders an opt OUT option.  Turn it off, make the icon go away right from the start.
    Then watch your stats and see just how many do.    GET A CLUE!
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Sorry greygal,
    There is no way for her co-op to finish the 1% person's list.
    The event will not accept anything at this time for farms under the Chapter 1 tab.

She is still playing, but confused.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Hmm... My Chapter 1 Deco has lost a happiness point during today's hotfix(es).

Prior to the 2 hotfixes this morning:

You can see the Deco was 58 Happiness, +4 Happiness from Personal Quests, and +1 VHP from the Co-Op donations.

POST-Hotfix(es), it now looks like this:

For some reason now it's down to 57 Happiness (but the other numbers stayed the same).

I also lost 1,034 Aloe Vera Gel during the Hotfixes.  I had harvested 1,034 prior to the hotfix and started a new batch, but when I checked it after the hotfix, the 1,034 I had already collected was gone, and the batch that was growing in the Distillery still had 11+ hours left (so it was the batch I had just started).  That alone is going to cost me an extra 12 hours to recover from.   (Course I'll probably STILL finish that before I finish these damn pigs. I really really really really really REALLY hate pigs.) :)  I also lost a batch of Romantic Bouquets in the same manner, but those I don't care much about.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

Well after getting some feedback from my coop, I went ahead and changed our coop requirements, and coop news and also started a thread in coops looking for members.

Relaxed and easy going.  We will NOT be participating in these high pressure events anymore.

We are also NOT feeding the coop village anymore.  (most of us already figured out it costs way more than it ever gives back.)  

We do coop projects, missions, no donations required, only real rule is check in at least weekly.

This whole idea that coops need to battle against each other (all while GG hopes gold is used heavily) has ruined it for a lot of people.  Especially when the dumb event is broken and resets in mid stream.

GG if your management has any sense at all, you should shelve this now.   Give everyone a nice fat gold gift as well as a nice holiday bit of decor and a big fat apology.  Cut your losses before you hemorrhage to death. 

To everyone else, is all this pressure right before the holidays worth it?  If so I really do feel sorry for you.  If "winning" is that important, something is wrong.

This game was never intended to be a battle game.   GG has Empire for that.  Battle away over there.  Chill.  Ask yourselves, if this has caused you stress?  If so, tell your coop leaders, then just let it go. 

Our coop has decided to ignore these high pressure battles from now on and just relax and farm.   

Merry Christmas Seasons Greetings to everyone.    

• Sorry if this is the wrong spot .. but couldnt find anyother christmas talk anywhere else .. so here is my concern ... my christmas tree is not opening ... i did the first cycle ... but now that the second cycle is supposed to start, it wont open ... i tried reloading ..nothing ... am i missing something ... did i miss an update .. or bulletin ... 

JB (INT1)

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Now can't login. Is it 'normal'?

• Now can't login. Is it 'normal'?

Same here I got logged out, now the site does not even want to load
Sign In to comment.