Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    They seem to forget we need time to build up our supplies.  What they said is true, apparently, they are catering to the heavy hitters.  The rest of us are just chopped liver, I suppose.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @WascallyWabbit Thank you very much for the reply.  I do believe that was mentioned before about the VH affecting village baskets. It completely escaped my mind.    It would be nice if we could see the total Coop VH somewhere. 

US sever is down, was there a scheduled maintenance that wasn't mentioned or did it crash? 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 05.12.2017
    I know, I can't get on either!  :'(:(   I messaged Wascally about it, but I don't think he's had time to reply.  So we wait in limbo!

• DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    They seem to forget we need time to build up our supplies.  What they said is true, apparently, they are catering to the heavy hitters.  The rest of us are just chopped liver, I suppose.
    No surprise here. Most of this hassle with Greedy Santa (tm) could be avoided had they stayed with the original version. where the personal phase was also donate.

But of course this can not be because:

You would actually have to opt in to the event and there would not be enough of accidental starts.
    And these are needed because then those who want every shiny thing they can get would not panic and start spending gold.

Also you could rely to your stores, to a degree, reducing the sense of urgency.

DD
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    @WascallyWabbit

Still, why would adding ONE VH point to a deco with all this cost make any difference? If what you are saying, is that everyones' overall VH makes a difference, why not just put on all the decos that have VH that we already have?

I get better VH decos from the weekly deco events. Is there a DIFFERENCE?
  • proba (INT1)proba (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27

Another CC so soon and then CHWE only two days after CC ends...

What I wanted to say is, you should reconsider ammount of products that you ask from us to donate in phase 3 and please do it before event ends... It seems that guy/girl that's in charge of numbers, never played the game, because I can't explain to myself, how do you expect us to donate 2,372,268 pigs or 93782 alfalfa... 

You need to plant 422 special alfalfa seeds on lvl 9 field with regular humus, to get that ammount. It's demotivating to get such tasks...

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well, it's not too late to stop concentrating on the event.  At this early stage, you can just go back to farming normally and not much will be lost.  You can send a message to your booted player and ask them back.  When they log back on, they'll see it.

Of the few players in our coop who went on despite the warnings, only a couple are sticking with it.  The others have thrown in the towel.
    My towel has already been tossed.  Wish I had the MILLIONS back for pushing wheat.  Could have been better spent buying land, or upgrading cows or something.   Oh well.   Not too late to just stop.  Done. Good idea.
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    Would like an official address to the SNAFU that happened with the Festive Farm
    I tried to reload and get the TEMP FARM going. Lost over 2K gold doing it. Tried to do a ticket. Not accepted.

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 05.12.2017
    @artful (US1) and  @Artmaker (GB1)  I learned this lesson last year. Gave up halfway through first deco last year. Not worth the prize, especially if you are ignoring the village!  I don't understand the frenzy to waste gold, humus, etc and then donate everything you've harvested/earned on a prize you don't need anyway.

@artful (US1) abd  @Artmaker (GB1)  I learned this lesson last year. Gave up halfway through first deco last year. Not worth the prize, especially if you are ignoring the village!  I don't understand the frenzy to waste gold, humus, etc and donate everything you've earned on a prize you don't need anyway.

Exactly!  We gave up on this event last year early into it. I think I wound up with a train car with low HP and VHP.  Greta was quite delighted with it. :)
  • Festive farm question:
    If I buy a deco from the nordic barter, can I then put it on my festive farm?  I've plenty of runestone, but don't want to waste it on a deco that has to go to a normal farm.
    Festive farm question:
    If I buy a deco from the nordic barter, can I then put it on my festive farm?  I've plenty of runestone, but don't want to waste it on a deco that has to go to a normal farm.
    Nope.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    The answer is no.  The Nordic barter only sells items and decos for your regular farm.  You could wait until the wheel of fortune goes to the island and try to win a deco for your island farm.
  • @artful (US1), @FarmerCli (US1)@Shay1968 (US1)

Thank you!   I had a feeling it was too good to be true.   Will wait for the wheel and pick up some decent deco's.
  • Wasn't fhw supposed to start 3 min ago?
    Or did I miscalculate the time difference

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Wasn't fhw supposed to start 3 min ago?

I think it will start about half an hour later then what you calculated. It will start at 23:59 CET time as you can see here.
  • Wasn't fhw supposed to start 3 min ago?

I think it will start about half an hour later then what you calculated. It will start at 23:59 CET time as you can see here.
    woops, was looking at the 23:30 part...lol
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    @WascallyWabbit   We had about 23hrs left to collect for co-op and personal HP - I was almost there with my personal donations - and now the event has moved on to the next chapter!!  Not a happy girl, here - could you please investigate what went wrong this time??   Thanks!
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    edited 06.12.2017
    Chapter 2 - Christmas event.       Its just opened and had just discussed this event with another coop player and he had 23hrs to get 40K+ of cabbage for 1 point on his decoration, decided to pass.
    Also no decoration received?
    Is it safe to start this or has the timer screwed up yet again.
    Don't want to start in case and if don't loose time filling santa's list. 
    @WascallyWabbit

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Hi @Penfold Same just happened here. Lost a day
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    SKN1 seems to be fine - at least I havent gone to chapter 2
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well two more players decided to up and leave thanks to this stupid event.  
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @WascallyWabbit   We had about 23hrs left to collect for co-op and personal HP - I was almost there with my personal donations - and now the event has moved on to the next chapter!!  Not a happy girl, here - could you please investigate what went wrong this time??   Thanks!
    Sounds like the event is doing what Rudolph did, and is resetting at midnight server time. 

I expect the Christmas Event to flip to Chapter 2 in 3.5 hours on (US1) now.  Going to start warning people.

Dang @WascallyWabbit , I thought we had this problem licked when they brought out the server clock. :(
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 06.12.2017

If you think that the coop will get 40 VHP, why is VHP and village production costs calculated individually, not the total of the coop?

25000 pigs per member
    25000/200=125
    125 harvests per player from level 7 pigstys.  
    125 * 70 min = 146
    Finished main task in3 of 6 days
    146 / 3 = 49 hours

Even if all 40 players have 4 level 7 pigstys(40 workers), they will all have to play every 70 minutes for more than 12 hours a day all 3 days and use a total of 1250 pig feed in order for every player to gain 1 village happiness.  

@Shay1968 (US1)  @dchen1 (US1)  The VH displayed on your screen is your individual amount based on your decos & reduces your production costs in the village factories.  However, there is also a calculation for the average village happiness of the entire coop, which is not currently displayed anywhere & that affects things like the cost to change items in a challenge basket when using coop funds & the amount of items the coop needs to collect in challenges. - While it is not just a total of VH from all the members, that total is included in the calculation.
    Read the whole message.  The most important statement is usually near the end.  
    It still shouldn't cost that much time for 1 village happiness.  A Coop championship gives a decoration worth 5 village happiness.  20 tokens at the christmas wheel of fortune usually gives a decoration with 10 village happiness.  
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

Another CC so soon and then CHWE only two days after CC ends...

What I wanted to say is, you should reconsider ammount of products that you ask from us to donate in phase 3 and please do it before event ends... It seems that guy/girl that's in charge of numbers, never played the game, because I can't explain to myself, how do you expect us to donate 2,372,268 pigs or 93782 alfalfa... 

You need to plant 422 special alfalfa seeds on lvl 9 field with regular humus, to get that ammount. It's demotivating to get such tasks...

I think 100000 alfalfa as a cooperative is much more reasonable than 2 million pigs.  
    Why dont they make it like that for all products to earn 1 village happiness?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Sounds like the event is doing what Rudolph did, and is resetting at midnight server time. 

I expect the Christmas Event to flip to Chapter 2 in 3.5 hours on (US1) now.  Going to start warning people.

Dang @WascallyWabbit , I thought we had this problem licked when they brought out the server clock. :(
    Confirmed.  (US1) moved to Chapter 2 at midnight Tuesday night.

The timer will be wrong, it'll be 6 Days, not 6 Days & 16 Hours.  Next reset (unless GGS changes something) will be Monday night at Midnight.
  • Well..... my Christmas Prep Event just went to Chapter 2 .... and I really thought we had several more hours!
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 06.12.2017
    @!#@#!! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!! Seventeen hours left on the timer and poof! on to chapter two when I still had four items left unfinished on my list. Never did get my first deco last year and I miss out  again this year.  Why can't GGS get ANYTHING right lately?
Sign In to comment.