Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• so you as developers of the game, have figured out a way to get rid of members. 
    well sorry...but a Co-Op means a social group playing & working together to share the perks and prizes. Not many like slugs in the garden, so for me...I'm sick of people just there in name and do no work (eg. Co-Op Champ Missions) and still receive the awards. NO reward without effort. It's tough to boot a friend. If it wasn't for loosing all my Gold (from real cash) and loosing dollars etc. then I would fold and boot them all and join a more fun group. I think this helps with decision making if you want to flow with the game strategy
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    Is INT1 down?
    I can't log in after my game got disconnected.

@WascallyWabbit
  • Can not connect to the farm, what happened?
  • Is INT1 down?

same here. 

• BigBenoit (INT1)BigBenoit (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    @T.O.PT.O.P (INT1) said:
    Is INT1 down?

@WascallyWabbit

same here... seems we crashed again. :-(
    Can not connect to the farm, what happened?
    I think server crashed....:((((
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    This is so poorly designed. Never before have I witness such drama, angst, tension, and bad feelings over an event.  And for a low-value deco that would look at home in a Fisher-Price toy store?  This is madness.

A very few coop members are giving it a go, the majority are passing it by.  I have warned the participants that new members will continue to be welcome, and if that resets the clock, so be it.

A light-hearted, fair, less time consuming, and relatively easy event would be more in keeping with the holidays.  But that's just me.  Peace,  everyone.  
    Yup, exactly this..

Today I even skipped my morning coffee game time.   Between chores thought I'd at least harvest, replant, leave.  But no, game is down.    Probably just as well.  
    No WWC coins, Game crashing on the last stretch of CC, Millions of bugs....what else to expect @GGS
  • The game is back on :)
  • JoB (US1)JoB (US1) Posts: 19
    Big Thanks for taking the time to explain.  I think I'm catching on.   ;-)   
    Came back, between this dumb event and coop challenge, team mates don't need to suffer because I'm fed up.

BUT… on my own coop, I had one very good, very long time player who for what ever reason hasn't shown up regularly.   When she does, she always pitched in, added researchers etc.   I never cared if people can't play every day.  We have enough who do to make it.

BUT with this STUPID DUMB EVENT running where EVERYONE MUST show up or the entire team suffers, I had no choice but to let go someone I really didn't want to.    AND because of that we lost research spots that are VERY hard to fill with so many noobies in my coop.

Thanks a lot GG.   Merry FLIPPING Christmass to you too.   For all I know this person has medical issues, or family issues, or something and upon returning will find they have been kicked out.  

Know what you all can do with these all or nothing high pressure events don't you?   
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 05.12.2017
    In phase 3, it requires 1 million pigs to get 1 village happiness in a cooperative with 40 members.  That means that each member needs to donate 25000 pigs.  This is way too much compared to the 3500 rutabaga for the personal task to get regular happiness.  
    @dchen1 (US1)  Even though it is just 1 VHP, that is 1VHP per member, so in a coop of 40 members that is potentially 40VHP added to the calculation for the average village happiness of the coop. I still agree the amounts are very high, but I can see why they are so much higher than in the individual tasks.

If you think that the coop will get 40 VHP, why is VHP and village production costs calculated individually, not the total of the coop?

25000 pigs per member
    25000/200=125
    125 harvests per player from level 7 pigstys.  
    125 * 70 min = 146
    Finished main task in3 of 6 days
    146 / 3 = 49 hours

Even if all 40 players have 4 level 7 pigstys(40 workers), they will all have to play every 70 minutes for more than 12 hours a day all 3 days and use a total of 1250 pig feed in order for every player to gain 1 village happiness.  

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @Artmaker (GB1)
     Everyone does NOT have to participate. However, for anyone that starts their list it must be finished, either by the player or with help from other members of the coop. It is best to send out a message and tell everyone to try and log in on Thursdays to get their list started, this way others can help finish that list if they are away for a day or two or three.  You just have to watch very carefully to check and see if anyone starts their list on the last day of the week, it would need to be filled quickly.
    @Artmaker (GB1)
     Everyone does NOT have to participate. However, for anyone that starts their list it must be finished, either by the player or with help from other members of the coop. It is best to send out a message and tell everyone to try and log in on Thursdays to get their list started, this way others can help finish that list if they are away for a day or two or three.  You just have to watch very carefully to check and see if anyone starts their list on the last day of the week, it would need to be filled quickly.
    The main topic is not about the word everyone.  Even if everyone participated, it will take more than 12 hours every day.  If less people participate, it will require even more time.  The requirements for the extra 1 village happiness is way too high.  
    @Artmaker (GB1)
    The main topic is not about the word everyone.  Even if everyone participated, it will take more than 12 hours every day.  If less people participate, it will require even more time.  The requirements for the extra 1 village happiness is way too high.  
    @dchen1 (US1)   Artmaker is talking about his removal of a coop member because she had not started her list yet and he thought he would not be able to continue on to the next round.  I was just assuring him that this was not the case.  So the topic here is indeed everyone.  That everyone does not not have to participate to go on to the next round. The key is making sure that all lists that have been started are complete.  The bonus round is not a requirement to move on to the next level either, it is simply an option for bonus happiness and bonus village happiness.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @Artmaker (GB1)
    @dchen1 (US1)   Artmaker is talking about his removal of a coop member because she had not started her list yet and he thought he would not be able to continue on to the next round.  I was just assuring him that this was not the case.  So the topic here is indeed everyone.  That everyone does not not have to participate to go on to the next round. The key is making sure that all lists that have been started are complete.  The bonus round is not a requirement to move on to the next level either, it is simply an option for bonus happiness and bonus village happiness.

If that's the case, then why are so many coop leaders getting rid of members, and members leaving their coops or not farming until this thing is over?  We seem to be getting conflicting information from all sides.
    @Artmaker (GB1)

If that's the case, then why are so many coop leaders getting rid of members, and members leaving their coops or not farming until this thing is over?  We seem to be getting conflicting information from all sides.
    There reason why co-op leaders are getting rid of members and members are leaving their co-ops IS BECAUSE of the conflicting information.  But it is also because a member can log on 5 minutes before the chapter ends and they can start their list, if this happens then the coop may be unable to move on to the next chapter unless they can finish the list very quickly if enough members are on.  That is why so many players were asking for a "Start" button.  If you hit the start button then and only then would the list start which would prevent last minute list starters that could hinder the progression of the event.  And although GGS had an ENTIRE YEAR to work on this, they did NOTHING to help the co-ops except increase the amounts we needed on items. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Artmaker (GB1)

There reason why co-op leaders are getting rid of members and members are leaving their co-ops IS BECAUSE of the conflicting information.  But it is also because a member can log on 5 minutes before the chapter ends and they can start their list, if this happens then the coop may be unable to move on to the next chapter unless they can finish the list very quickly if enough members are on.  That is why so many players were asking for a "Start" button.  If you hit the start button then and only then would the list start which would prevent last minute list starters that could hinder the progression of the event.  And although GGS had an ENTIRE YEAR to work on this, they did NOTHING to help the co-ops except increase the amounts we needed on items. 
    Additionally, if the Co-Op has moved on to Phase 3 and has begin donating the 1,000,000 pigs or whatever it is, and then someone who hasn't started their list logs in and throws the Co-Op back to Phase 2, when they get back to Phase 3, all their progress in Phase 3 will have been reset. The Pigs will be gone, replaced with apples, or something else. You basically start all over for the Co-Op Village Happiness Point.
  • It says in OA, bonus not lost when bumped back to phase 2. So you'd get back to phase 3 where you left off.
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    White Doves is right - we had a late comer start their list and when we went back to phase 3 it continued from where we left it
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    White Doves is right - we had a late comer start their list and when we went back to phase 3 it continued from where we left it
    Well good, that means they fixed that from last year at least.  I wasn't willing to risk trying it to see. :)
    edited 05.12.2017
    I think that it is unfair that members can join in during phase 3 because there is the possibility of a member harvesting without knowing that the event started and causing everyone to lose the decoration.  I suggest that the event should be changed so that once the cooperative is in phase 3 and there are less than 2 days left, other players that haven't started can no longer join and get the decoration and is then directly working towards hard work rewards and cooperative happiness for phase 3.  This makes sure that players that have participated in the first 4 days will get the decoration if all of the participating members finish their task.  
  • The rewards are just not worth it for these measly chapter 1 deco.  The weekly events, nature, aliens, etc., gives much better deco's for a lot less effort.  

So nope, not gonna try to upgrade my deco past it being a 40-0.  My coop member's tying to get the v-happy, so I'll help there, but I'm not planning on using this deco.
    @Artmaker (GB1)
    EVERYONE needs to at least start their list.  We can't even donate to it because it wasn't started. And I DID send out messages before this started.  And that player in question was on after those were sent.    This has always been a good player.  I can only guess something is wrong that they could not show up.   I've had players go missing and return.  I HATED having to boot one and wish now I'd have just said no to this whole event from the start.   But as usual, learning exactly what will be expected and exactly what will be the prize is always a guarded secret here.   
    IF I'd have known insane amounts of supplies would be needed to increase a bit of decor by ONE point I'd have suggested we all concentrated on something else.  

Too late now.  Hope my axed player is ok and comes back.   
    And the NEXT TIME one of these all or nothing events comes along?  I am SO out right from the start. 
    This is not fun.  Not at all. GG should focus on how this game started.  We all work on our own farms.  Keep the team stuff to the team.  IE research, maybe coop competitions, everyone seems to like the missions.  
    Just not this.  Too much pressure to "work hard."   I "work" for pay.  This is a game.   NOT a job.
    @Artmaker (GB1)
    EVERYONE needs to at least start their list.  We can't even donate to it because it wasn't started. And I DID send out messages before this started.  And that player in question was on after those were sent.    This has always been a good player.  I can only guess something is wrong that they could not show up.   I've had players go missing and return.  I HATED having to boot one and wish now I'd have just said no to this whole event from the start.   But as usual, learning exactly what will be expected and exactly what will be the prize is always a guarded secret here.   
    IF I'd have known insane amounts of supplies would be needed to increase a bit of decor by ONE point I'd have suggested we all concentrated on something else.  

Too late now.  Hope my axed player is ok and comes back.   
    And the NEXT TIME one of these all or nothing events comes along?  I am SO out right from the start. 
    This is not fun.  Not at all. GG should focus on how this game started.  We all work on our own farms.  Keep the team stuff to the team.  IE research, maybe coop competitions, everyone seems to like the missions.  
    Just not this.  Too much pressure to "work hard."   I "work" for pay.  This is a game.   NOT a job.
    Well, it's not too late to stop concentrating on the event.  At this early stage, you can just go back to farming normally and not much will be lost.  You can send a message to your booted player and ask them back.  When they log back on, they'll see it.

Of the few players in our coop who went on despite the warnings, only a couple are sticking with it.  The others have thrown in the towel.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Another coop challenge on the 9th??? Since when has the CC become a weekly event??
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Another coop challenge on the 9th??? Since when has the CC become a weekly event??
    that is a very good question, first it was every 3 months, then 2nd, then every, and now weekly it seems..... when does it start every day..?

or as my coop leader, said: soon it will start a new one an hour after the previous ended
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    It become worse and worse seeing many CC without the rest. Even this hard working player need a time to relax.
  • ;
    @dchen1 (US1)  Even though it is just 1 VHP, that is 1VHP per member, so in a coop of 40 members that is potentially 40VHP added to the calculation for the average village happiness of the coop. I still agree the amounts are very high, but I can see why they are so much higher than in the individual tasks.
    I thought the village happiness did not count as a whole, that each member had their own individual happiness.  Each and every member in my coop has a different village happiness amount.  So considering it is not counted by each member as a whole it is ONLY 1 village happiness point.  ONE, for thousands of items.
    If you think that the coop will get 40 VHP, why is VHP and village production costs calculated individually, not the total of the coop?

25000 pigs per member
    25000/200=125
    125 harvests per player from level 7 pigstys.  
    125 * 70 min = 146
    Finished main task in3 of 6 days
    146 / 3 = 49 hours

Even if all 40 players have 4 level 7 pigstys(40 workers), they will all have to play every 70 minutes for more than 12 hours a day all 3 days and use a total of 1250 pig feed in order for every player to gain 1 village happiness.  

@Shay1968 (US1)  @dchen1 (US1)  The VH displayed on your screen is your individual amount based on your decos & reduces your production costs in the village factories.  However, there is also a calculation for the average village happiness of the entire coop, which is not currently displayed anywhere & that affects things like the cost to change items in a challenge basket when using coop funds & the amount of items the coop needs to collect in challenges. - While it is not just a total of VH from all the members, that total is included in the calculation.
    We've taken to calling it the CC du jour.
Sign In to comment.