Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    The event is the same as last year.  So now we are at the bonus point step and it wants 643,000 wheat.  We may never get beyond that quest.  We complained about these excessive tasks last year and were assured that it would be fixed this year.  It is the middle of the CC and no one is growing wheat.  This is insane.

In the first year of this event, no could help except on the last day.  That year's event worked far better than this year's version or last year's version.  You should revert back to that version.
    I am level 137 and I was also given wheat as a personal task for the bonus round, 10,125 for ONE happiness point.  The coop task is cabbage (LOTS of it). I certainly cannot grow both at the same time.  Even if I were to grow wheat at night to be able to use my fields in the day for the CC, it would take me 8.4 days without using massive amounts of resources to obtain the full amount and I would not be able to help my coop with cabbage. I am very disappointed with the high amounts required for this event especially during the holiday season.   
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Looking in bonus task, I must donate 23.3K dandelion for 5th happiness point and co-op must donate 2.4M pigs for 2nd VH. Speaking of fulfillment, I spare some farmdollars from fish market contract to fill it a bit. If only DSF on it's "good" state..
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Our cooperative requires us to donate over 340,000 chicken feed to earn one village happiness on our decoration. Luckily I have a large supply of premium chicken feed to feed my 24 chicken coops but it will take a lot of effort to build it back up.

Our cooperative is the 2nd highest ranked on our server and we are struggling to even earn 1 village happiness point, imagine how lower ranked cooperatives with lower level players are coping. :(

I feel like the required amounts are far too high to have a chance of getting even a few village happiness points. I think everyone in my cooperative is very disappointed with this event.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Having started donating for the VH bonus this week, we will complete it but this won't happen again! One point of VH is just not worth this much effort and $$
  • PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) US1 Posts: 128
    @WascallyWabbit, so once a coop has completed phase 1 and doing bonuses- there's no way a non participator can jump in and knock out your 100% complete. Correct?
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    @WascallyWabbit, so once a coop has completed phase 1 and doing bonuses- there's no way a non participator can jump in and knock out your 100% complete. Correct?
    If your cooperative is in phase 3 doing bonuses, and a non-participant logs in, the bonus tasks are put on hold and the tree is returned to the Guardian phase.

When the new participant's order has been completed, phase 3 resumes and you can continue with the bonus tasks.

However, the new order must be completed before the chapter week ends.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    It's true - we've ad a few members login for the first time while we were in bonus round.  Once their lists were filled, the bonus round resumed where we left off....still a gazillion apples to go.   :#
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 03.12.2017
    When a nonparticipator starts collecting things for order , the bonus phase will be stopped till that player completes 100 percent and then it will be resumed from where we left . 
    For example if a coop had donated 40L/45L apples in bonus phase and then a nonparticipator jumps in , u go back to phase 1 and only after the player has completes 100 percent , the bonus quest will get resumed with same 40L/45L apples.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I sure hope the next chapter dose not increase the amounts needed for phase 3. Chapter 1 is asking for 7 million apples and donating that many apples is beyond the realm of possibility.  Even though we have a great group of hard working members, why must it be so high. Really takes the fun away from the event.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    So…. first coop I made it to the third page, what ever it's called.  Donate TONS of wheat for personal decor and pigs for coop happiness.  

I pushed wheat.  Close to a MILLION BUCKS several times over to fill the wheat thing.

And for what????   ONE POINT!   ONE LOUSY, Count um ONE  point.  THEN…..
    I now have to repeat with lambs lettuce?   For what?  Probably some HUGE piece of decor I don't even know what it looks like yet, probably worth next to nothing like the asian event ones are.  NOT WORTH MY TIME!

KNOW WHAT?   I AM DONE WITH THIS STUPID EVENT!!!!!! 
    I told my coops IF they still want to fart around with the coop village, I'll donate my EXTRA towards that. Frankly the whole coop village isn't worth it.  Just upgrade upgrade upgrade so you can upgrade.
    Where is the pay out?  Doesn't seem to exist.
    But for me?  OUT.     

This has got to be one of the greediest, STUPIDEST events ever.
    And I do recall seeing one of the mods mention how GG KNOWS people don't like it.  LAST YEAR people didn't like this.   So instead of reworking it, fixing what no one likes, or scrapping it as the bad idea it is and come up with something actually fun,  NO.   Roll it out anyway.   

These overly complicated, and COOP PRESSURE events drive me away.   I usually come on again before bed.   Forget it.   Once a day, for my coop, and that's enough for me.   

Gees, everything is so just out of reach here now.   We HAD income with the ships.  But oh noooo. can't have happy players here.   I've been TRYING to fill contracts but I swear every day they must change.  I get a big one and think maybe tomorrow I can fill it.  But it seems the next day it's worth more and costs more, JUST above what I have.   And it never fails what I need isn't even available.

Regular events I used to be able to get the highest prize IF I knew I had all week to play insane hours.
    Now?   Seems I've been punished for leveling up and not maxing everything out at the same pace.  I can barely make a low level prize now.   I don't bother training the dogs anymore, I don't want any more points.  Wishing I never built the cat things.  Can't even demolish them now.

Bah.   Once a day for this game.  Morning coffee, click fest, then Im done.  Nothing is reachable without spending money, forget it.   
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    In phase 3, it requires 1 million pigs to get 1 village happiness in a cooperative with 40 members.  That means that each member needs to donate 25000 pigs.  This is way too much compared to the 3500 rutabaga for the personal task to get regular happiness.  
    @Artmaker (GB1)
    The decor is to the left of where you donate your items.  Each chapter is a different deco.  You can choose to upgrade each chapter deco or leave it as is.  I believe you can also use Greta to upgrade it later.  However, the village happiness is another story... the entire coop donates zillions of an item for ONE village happiness point.  However, you can also choose to leave that as it is.  But these cute little decos are worthless with little or no village happiness : (
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    This is so poorly designed. Never before have I witness such drama, angst, tension, and bad feelings over an event.  And for a low-value deco that would look at home in a Fisher-Price toy store?  This is madness.

A very few coop members are giving it a go, the majority are passing it by.  I have warned the participants that new members will continue to be welcome, and if that resets the clock, so be it.

A light-hearted, fair, less time consuming, and relatively easy event would be more in keeping with the holidays.  But that's just me.  Peace,  everyone.  
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    I sure hope the next chapter dose not increase the amounts needed for phase 3. Chapter 1 is asking for 7 million apples and donating that many apples is beyond the realm of possibility.  Even though we have a great group of hard working members, why must it be so high. Really takes the fun away from the event.
    Good god, where do they get these figures from ??
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Is Rudolph broken?  He did not move today, and the page did not turn.
  • I'm on day 3 for Rudolph and got my gift each day.  Heck got day 1, twice...lol

I see no Happy Hour.  Is Happy Hour really gone?  I really thought that we were past this.
    I can't get on the server, anyone else?
  • I can't get on the server, anyone else?
    me
    I am back on after about 7-8 minutes of nothingness.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 04.12.2017
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) I think that the bonus tasks get more difficult as you complete them.

In phase 3, it requires 1 million pigs to get 1 village happiness in a cooperative with 40 members.  That means that each member needs to donate 25000 pigs.  This is way too much compared to the 3500 rutabaga for the personal task to get regular happiness.  
    @dchen1 (US1)  Even though it is just 1 VHP, that is 1VHP per member, so in a coop of 40 members that is potentially 40VHP added to the calculation for the average village happiness of the coop. I still agree the amounts are very high, but I can see why they are so much higher than in the individual tasks.

Is Rudolph broken?  He did not move today, and the page did not turn.
    @gavinfarms (US1) I think the US1 server time is CST, so your day should have reset about 20 mins ago.

I see no Happy Hour.  Is Happy Hour really gone?  I really thought that we were past this.
    As previously announced, HH was intended as a summer event & will return next summer, but it has made brief appearances for the Oktoberfest & WWC as a bonus. We have no news yet of any other possible appearances between now & next summer, but you never know. :)
    @dchen1 (US1)  Even though it is just 1 VHP, that is 1VHP per member, so in a coop of 40 members that is potentially 40VHP added to the calculation for the average village happiness of the coop. I still agree the amounts are very high, but I can see why they are so much higher than in the individual tasks.
    I thought the village happiness did not count as a whole, that each member had their own individual happiness.  Each and every member in my coop has a different village happiness amount.  So considering it is not counted by each member as a whole it is ONLY 1 village happiness point.  ONE, for thousands of items.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I am back on after about 7-8 minutes of nothingness.
    @gavinfarms (US1)

Happens every Sunday night @ midnight. Nothing unusual.  Been reported 5+ months ago.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    This is my 3rd year doing what my coop call Satans list. It seems it get harder every year, I think GGS test how far we will reach into our pockets to help our coops complete the lists. If we go beyond GGS expectations they know that they are truly milking the cash cow
  • JoB (US1)JoB (US1) Posts: 19
    G'day fellow farmers.  We had the understanding that the Christmas Prep event was a team effort.   We could help each other out after we complete our own.   Cool... but we've been comparing our lists thinking that we all see that Farmer A needs 1000 apples and is finished in everything else.  Not the case.  I see one amount of apples outstanding for Farmer A and other members sees a totally different amount of apples for Farmer A.  And we see different lists altogether for Farmer A.   It kinda defeats the purpose of working together if you can't see progress being made doesn't it? 

Is this the way it's supposed to happen?   
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    JoB (US1) said:
    G'day fellow farmers.  We had the understanding that the Christmas Prep event was a team effort.   We could help each other out after we complete our own.   Cool... but we've been comparing our lists thinking that we all see that Farmer A needs 1000 apples and is finished in everything else.  Not the case.  I see one amount of apples outstanding for Farmer A and other members sees a totally different amount of apples for Farmer A.  And we see different lists altogether for Farmer A.   It kinda defeats the purpose of working together if you can't see progress being made doesn't it? 

Is this the way it's supposed to happen?   
    Yes.  This is what allows level 5 people to help 210 members fill their lists.  What you donate is based upon what your level and farm should be able to produce.

The #'s and items are different, but it all works out.  We simply use the terms like I need help on #3 or #6 in the list, to communicate clearly.
  • JoB (US1)JoB (US1) Posts: 19
    Thanks  LilFarm.  I think that's our biggest problem.   I can say I need help on #3, but nobody else has a #3.  ??  And we've been communicating judging from our chat conversations about it.   LOL  
  • I don't know WHY GGS fails to realize this is a problem. They apparently felt that someone joining an "Open Co-Op" during the last 10 seconds of the event was enough of a problem to fix, but not someone who only has time to log in once a week.

Even a START button wouldn't help, if someone wanted to be vindictive.

I just hate that GGS puts our Co-Op Leaders in the position of having to remove less active players strictly because of this event. Sure, we could do like Artful and just ignore it, but our members WANT these Decos.  Leaders have to balance the wants of the entire Co-Op.
    @Southern (US1) I think that they do "get it" as the complaint has come from some many communities, however by the time we realised it had not been addressed this time, it was too late to make such a significant change & test it thoroughly & risking adding it & messing up the event was even worse - we should have started to pester them in the Summer, but we are hopeful that we can get something changed for next year, though I appreciate that is not much help this year. :(

One option is to insist that all members start their lists, in phase 1, if you have a very active coop & know that the other members can easily complete it, at least that stops casual members from accidentally starting it at a later time. It is not perfect, as a red dot can easily just suddenly return & harvest their farm, before even checking what events are running, but it can help with those unpredictable members that show up once or twice a week.

@wascallywabbit So I guess if no other players on your team want to contribute (or can't get on to their farms) There's no point participating? no individual benefit for this?
    @Betty Birken (US1) If you are the only active member in your coop & you are able to complete your own list each week, the you can get all 5 decos yourself. If another member does show up & start their list, it would also need to be completed though.
    Thank you very much! I DO appreciate the time you give wascallywabbit to explain and help...especially when we get really grumpy & upset with download issues. I haven't been able to play for days...maybe get on to register & flip my puppies but that's about it. I did some tinkering and noticed some improvement on your part. Just swell...happy farmer again Cheers!
Sign In to comment.