Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• Our co-op has 64 members and they range in levels. We started phase 3 first thing this morning, the co-op task wants over 7 million apples. This is too extreme wouldn't you say?
    That's about 109,000 apples per members.  Which would take about 5 to 6 days, assuming four Level 6 apple orchards per member.

Remember you can also buy apples to donate (ouch).

Very challenging, indeed.  Too extreme, probably.
  • Members in my cooperative complain about a smaller number of golden licenses after the latest update ,,,: / /
    , They were missing  licenses .... Are there any more such cases?
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thanks for doing the math for me greygal, not my strong point :)

So we will be lucky if we get 1 extra VHP point on the bonus round. Just seems so very unfair to me.
  • I am very discouraged with the co-op i am in now. If anyone is accepting a level 103 player before the co-op chapter book tasks are too far along. of 61 members there is only 13 that have even started the tasks.
    i play at least twice a day - sometimes more. I'd really like to find a better co-op
    tia
    mkathrynadkins
  • Thanks for doing the math for me greygal, not my strong point :)

So we will be lucky if we get 1 extra VHP point on the bonus round. Just seems so very unfair to me.
    You're welcome  :) I made a spreadsheet last year to help me figure out these kinds of things :D

Assuming they've not changed the bonus rounds that much from last year, sometimes it's a better strategy to "wait out" one round for the next, hoping to get one of the "easy" bonus quests.  The difficulty of the bonus quests varied significantly last year - I think there is a list of them over on crazybigfarm but haven't had time to check.

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Why is corn requirements about 50% higher than alfalfa even though corn is about 50% harder to produce than alfalfa?
    Is this a balancing error?
  • Anyone else think this game is AWESOME!!
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Additional decos in the same set will be available - The Christmas Post Office will appear for sale in an offer & the Post Box & Christmas Throne will be on the deco tab of your build menu.

I can see the christmas throne for 7.5k gold in the deco menu, but not the post box..? Anyone else?
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    hi came on this morning, we av finished phase 1 and phase 2 wont open , am i missing something ?
  • Additional decos in the same set will be available - The Christmas Post Office will appear for sale in an offer & the Post Box & Christmas Throne will be on the deco tab of your build menu.

I can see the christmas throne for 7.5k gold in the deco menu, but not the post box..? Anyone else?

Omar (the bazaar) has the post office. For 17,900 gold.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Our co-op has 64 members and they range in levels. We started phase 3 first thing this morning, the co-op task wants over 7 million apples. This is too extreme wouldn't you say?
    That is quick - in my coop we are far from having just 1 full.....But we are in bad luck with the CC too - we are trying to do both
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 05.12.2017
    Lucky for me I only had 1 person not sign in to the event for the moment, The weekend is still young, they might show up. I have one in the red, She is trying to recover from the hurricane in texas. Lost most everything needing to rebuild. I catch that person and will suggest they go ahead and enter if possible since we can finish it for her. 

My question, lets say I can get everyone on board minus the red dot (player with reason for missing) and she comes back )example) third week. Does that throw us back to the beginning, throw us out for gaining the final prize, what can I expect?

And while I am here, how about those floating marks over the parking lot areas. I like those cleared, so the first thing I do is clear the marks. before, I was able to see if something needed tending at a glance, now I just wait until I return to the main farm to reclear, and reclear, and reclear...well you get the point. 
    Post edited by IceeMimi (US1) on
    Lucky for me I only had four people not sign in for the moment, The weekend is still young, they might show up. I have one in the red, 2 showing orange (weekend players) and one that came on within the last 2 days. I catch that person and will suggest they go ahead and enter since we can finish it for her. 

My question, lets say I can get everyone on board minus the red dot (player with reason for missing) and she comes back )example) third week. Does that throw us back to the beginning, throw us out for gaining the final prize, what can I expect?

And while I am here, how about those floating marks over the parking lot areas. I like those cleared, so the first thing I do is clear the marks. before, I was able to see if something needed tending at a glance, now I just wait until I return to the main farm to reclear, and reclear, and reclear...well you get the point. 
    The ones who comes in later on, will only get the gifts from that point of - and not all
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Help please , if we have finished 1st Chapter what happens if I accept new members ? do we have to re-do Chapter 1 again ?
    Help please , if we have finished 1st Chapter what happens if I accept new members ? do we have to re-do Chapter 1 again ?
    Yes....Hence everyone should apply to get in....

The same if not everyone in ur coop drops by and starts on anything that has to do with santas list
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Hiya @IceeMimi (US1) 

Phase 3: These bonus task will give VHP (from co-op) and HP (from individual) to your deco you get at the end of the Chapter 1. (Santa pays you for donations)
    It's important to try and finish Phase 1 & 2 in one day. This gives you 5 days to work on Phase 3 and restock your barns for Chapter 2.

Your members with a 0 If any of them log in and start their list, this will put you back to Phase 2 to help them fill their list. (that is why I ask all to start their list on day 1)
    You will not loose your bonus points (Phase 3 gets paused), but you must be on Phase 3 at the end of each Chapter to receive your deco and get credit for the completing the chapter.
    Chapters 1-4 work the same way and all last 6 days. If you don't have credit on all 4 you cannot do Chapter 5.
    Chapter 5 is the easy part. You collect snowflakes from MF harvest to compete with other co-ops and win your 5th deco.

If any of your members are still 0 by the last day of Phase 3 in any chapter, you may have no choice but to remove them with a message to return the following week. Please do not think wrong of me, I feel you must look out for and protect the investment the rest of your co-op have put in so far towards your adorable decorations.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Yes....Hence everyone should apply to get in....

The same if not everyone in ur coop drops by and starts on anything that has to do with santas list

Thankyou Tinzen :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It's really too bad they couldn't have set this up like the Village Challenges.  One set of baskets that all members of the coop contribute to together, and no one can mess it up just by simply logging on and farming.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    The events are tough enough but then pile on the assortment of glitches, this is no fun at all.

I started (two actually) threads in technical.   Hoping admins are on it.  I haven't encountered this many bugs in a two day period since I first signed up on this game years ago.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/167693/assortment-of-glitches#latest
  • Having a Co-Op Championship during the Christmas Event is bad enough, but when it is also being done during a time when the top people have 1-2 days of shorter time, it becomes grossly unfair and unsporting.

It is hard enough to compete with people that are 50 to hundreds of levels above you, but when they have the unfair advantage of shorter times, I don't know what GGS was thinking, don't you think the company is already dealing with enough bad feelings and ill will, it is really not needed to shovel more coal on the fire.

Then to toss a hotfix in the morning of the 1st day of the missions, geez thank you for messing up my mission, my boosters that i bought & my powerhouse that ended up being 1/2 wasted
    @harliemamma (US1) We see a lot of complaints from people working hard in events & winning boosters that they cannot use for one reason or another, so its nice to see that for once, some can get a benefit from one that they have earned & its not like there are 100s of people with 2 day boosters, I don`t recall the exact number, but we are talking about maybe 1-5 people on each server, most of the boosters only last for a few hours. You also benefit from being in a mission against high scoring players (unless you come last) so its not all bad.

As for the hotifxes, we would all agree that they are an inconvenience, but there is never a good time to run them & the players affected by the issues that get fixed, probably really appreciate them. I am sorry that it inconvenienced you though, it would be nice if we never needed them. :)

Additional decos in the same set will be available - The Christmas Post Office will appear for sale in an offer & the Post Box & Christmas Throne will be on the deco tab of your build menu.

@Michiru (GB1) Yes, we couldn`t see it either. I have seen the post office and the throne, but we will have to wait until Monday to find out what happened to the Post Box

hi came on this morning, we av finished phase 1 and phase 2 wont open , am i missing something ?
    @angie50 (GB1)  Are you getting incomplete or blank lists? - If so, just keep opening & closing it several times, they apparently  appear eventually.

Lucky for me I only had four people not sign in for the moment, The weekend is still young, they might show up. I have one in the red, 2 showing orange (weekend players) and one that came on within the last 2 days. I catch that person and will suggest they go ahead and enter since we can finish it for her. 

@IceeMimi (US1) Once a chapter is ended, if you were in phase 3 at that time, it will be 100% completed & the deco is yours, nothing that happens after that will affect that chapter. So if your inactive member does reappear in week 3, it will only affect what you are doing in week 3.

The bug with the bubbles reappearing when you change farms, has already been reported. :)

@janflipflo (GB1) When you add a new member, they just need to start their list & if you already have members in phase 2, they can immediately help to complete the new list & any others that are not finished, so that you can all go on to phase 3 and work on the tasks for additional happiness points. 
  • Sharkie (GB1)Sharkie (GB1) GB1 Posts: 57
    I logged on later in the day of the find Rudolf event and it was saying It's second day and I have to pay 140 gold to complete the first day. seemed a bit quick for a day to be over but I payed it anyway. The next day I logged on about the same time and it was like Groundhog Day movie... said I missed the first day and to pay 140 gold, again, to catch up??? Is this going to happen again tomorrow? I think someone owes me 140 gold as I am done "catching up".
  • if i have this right i log on and collect apples and i have apples in this santa event the apples start the event without me donating them now i have to finsh everything in so many days or my co-op has to 
    if i have this right i log on and collect apples and i have apples in this santa event the apples start the event without me donating them now i have to finsh everything in so many days or my co-op has to 
    Yep. We're ignoring the thing for this very reason.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The event is the same as last year.  So now we are at the bonus point step and it wants 643,000 wheat.  We may never get beyond that quest.  We complained about these excessive tasks last year and were assured that it would be fixed this year.  It is the middle of the CC and no one is growing wheat.  This is insane.

In the first year of this event, no could help except on the last day.  That year's event worked far better than this year's version or last year's version.  You should revert back to that version.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    I think the main thing is to just get to the bonus phase, that way the deco is intact.  I agree the bonus phase asks for way beyond incredible amounts of stuff.  I pretty much used up resources just to get through to be able to reach the bonus phase.  Chapters 2-5 are going to get tougher. Ugh! Sigh! Oh well we do our best!
    And hopefully this is the last CC of the year!
    And hopefully this is the last CC of the year!
     :p 
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    edited 03.12.2017
    I need 8860 wheat for my bonus and if I don't that I can't move to round 2 NOT DOING THIS EVENT ANY LONGER, helped all the people in our little co-op got their lists done and now these ridiculous bonus that we are forced to do if we want to advance to the 2nd round always thought bonuses were a reward for going above and beyond not a punishment....  I would have to plant and harvest wheat 24 hours a day for 2 days not happening
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    I thought Christmas was a time for giving and sharing a time of good cheer and fellowship with our fellow man, this event is the opposite of that, I was really getting into and kinda of enjoying it tell I got to the mandatory bonus..... shakes head

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I need 8860 wheat for my bonus and if I don't that I can't move to round 2 NOT DOING THIS EVENT ANY LONGER, helped all the people in our little co-op got their lists done and now these ridiculous bonus that we are forced to do if we want to advance to the 2nd round always thought bonuses were a reward for going above and beyond not a punishment....  I would have to plant and harvest wheat 24 hours a day for 2 days not happening
    @Thorim (US1)

You do NOT have to do the bonus round.  You will still go to chapter 2.  The bonus round is just for "extra" village happiness and for personal happiness for the deco for that chapter. 
Sign In to comment.