Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @artful (US1)  I had make some pellet feed first at the windmill then was able to donate it..

Well, that ain't happening.  I need my mills going full throttle right now.  Guess I'll just have to look at it until I die.  LOL!
  • Okay, so I was gifted with a little goldfish food.  I have the icon over the pond telling me to put the food in the pond.  But when I click on it, it won't let me donate the food. So how do I get rid of the thing?

Hey @artful (US1) the food bubble seems to be stuck there. Donating doesn't make it go away :( The option to donate feed should only be greyed out if you don't have any goldfish pellets in storage or your co-op has already reached the maximum storage amount on the pond. We'll report the stuck bubble to the team :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Okay, so I was gifted with a little goldfish food.  I have the icon over the pond telling me to put the food in the pond.  But when I click on it, it won't let me donate the food. So how do I get rid of the thing?

Hey @artful (US1) the food bubble seems to be stuck there. Donating doesn't make it go away :( The option to donate feed should only be greyed out if you don't have any goldfish pellets in storage or your co-op has already reached the maximum storage amount on the pond. We'll report the stuck bubble to the team :)
    Thank you kindly!! :)
  • Speaking of stuck things...

Since today's update, I can no longer use the shift-key shortcut for the fishing pools. This was a nifty trick where we could hold down the shift key while clicking to load our boats. Then once done, X out of that window, keeping the shift key depressed, wait up to 10 seconds, then let go and send the boat to the fishing pool. 

When it worked, subsequent boats could be loaded with just the click of my mouse. I didn't have to redo the shift key unless I reloaded the game.

Please oh puleeease bring back my shortcut. I'm way too lazy to press a shift key all the livelong day.
  • Tell me we do not have to babysit this goldfish pond. 

Do we have to keep the pellets maxed out to avoid losing happiness? If fish are consuming, say, 2000 pellets, why do we need to keep 1 million pellets in there at all times?

At what number would we really start losing happiness?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Tell me we do not have to babysit this goldfish pond. 

Do we have to keep the pellets maxed out to avoid losing happiness? If fish are consuming, say, 2000 pellets, why do we need to keep 1 million pellets in there at all times?

At what number would we really start losing happiness?
    You don't need to keep 1 million in there at all times.  In fact, if you have 1 million pellets in there and they're only consuming 2,000 pellets a day, you have enough pellets in there to last for 500 days (1.5 years).

You won't start loosing fish (or happiness) until the pond reaches 0 pellets.
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but how many fish did you need to have in the bowl for any to transfer to the pond??? I had 66 fish in the bowl; as near as I can determine, I currently have none in the pond. Very confused!!!
  • Speaking of stuck things...

Since today's update, I can no longer use the shift-key shortcut for the fishing pools. This was a nifty trick where we could hold down the shift key while clicking to load our boats. Then once done, X out of that window, keeping the shift key depressed, wait up to 10 seconds, then let go and send the boat to the fishing pool. 

When it worked, subsequent boats could be loaded with just the click of my mouse. I didn't have to redo the shift key unless I reloaded the game.

Please oh puleeease bring back my shortcut. I'm way too lazy to press a shift key all the livelong day.
    i agree,  I miss that shortcut it made things so much easier
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    If we upgrading village pond, will the pellets consumption still happen during process?
  • I had 66 fish in my bowl.  The event has ended, but there are no fish showing in my village pond?
  • Tralfazz (US1)Tralfazz (US1) US1 Posts: 136
    Same issue here, no fish in the pond...
  • @HaroldShea (US1) @Tralfazz (US1) Did your cooperative earn any bonus VHP? The fish will only appear in the pond & will consume the goldfish pellets if the co-op gained at least 1 bonus VHP. Any pellets that are donated to the pond will not be consumed if there is no bonus village happiness.
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    don't know if had VHP as event has finished and can not check but had over 200 fish, one of team member had built up over 300 and was fed constantly from start of game . Also don't know what end point was required for feeding as event has closed - Just how far had you got to get in the event for 1 VHP to get fish in pond or have I yet again spent a lot of time doing this for no reason.
    We now have thousand of pellets that to put politely we have wasted our resources and time making as they are sitting deposited in pond.
    I had enjoyed this new event till no fish in pond at end.

• @HaroldShea (US1) @Tralfazz (US1) Did your cooperative earn any bonus VHP? The fish will only appear in the pond & will consume the goldfish pellets if the co-op gained at least 1 bonus VHP. Any pellets that are donated to the pond will not be consumed if there is no bonus village happiness.

I have no idea; how does one check for that?  The event information didn't mention VHP as a requirement to place fish in the pond.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770

I have no idea; how does one check for that?  The event information didn't mention VHP as a requirement to place fish in the pond.
    @HaroldShea (US1)  Your coop's bonus VHP can be seen in the wheel menu for the goldfish pond.  :)

• I wish the event info had mentioned that a minimum number of fish or Village Happiness were required to move fish to the Village Pond.  
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    edited 01.12.2017
    So I know I had over 250 fish and at least 1 vhp but still no fish in pond!!
  • Geez.  It would have been nice if the event FAQ had mentioned VHPs being needed to move fish to the pond; looks like Jacc has a legitimate complaint about no fish in his pond.
  • If we upgrading village pond, will the pellets consumption still happen during process?
    I would make sure that there is plenty of feed to see you through the upgrade.  Say at least a days worth cause you can't donate while it's being upgraded.
    I wish the event info had mentioned that a minimum number of fish or Village Happiness were required to move fish to the Village Pond.  
    Tat's what I'm trying to find out.  Was there a minimum?  How many??
  • Still looking for a definitive answer about why our cooperative's fish pond is not consuming pellets. We definitely had a lot of fish and have produced a LOT of pellets, but our fish do not seem to have moved over after the event ended. I read that the event was extended and you had to "reload the game". I am not sure what exactly that entails. I have signed out and logged back in many times every day since the event ended and I have not seen it come back. 

Was there, officially, a minimum number of fish required and, if so, how many? I had reached the extra VH point levels for myself and my cooperative, so I would think that would mean I had enough fish.

It would be great to get a definitive answer from the game administrators on this. I could not find one so far within the forum. 
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 01.12.2017
    Tat's what I'm trying to find out.  Was there a minimum?  How many??
    @Faranth2 (AU1) Your coop was required to get a minimun of 1 VHP bonus on the Village goldfish pond.  :)  
            You can see how much bonus VHP your coop has in the wheel menu of the pond.

This by CuddlyFoxes....https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3733305/#Comment_3733305
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
    @Faranth2 (AU1) Your coop was required to get a minimun of 1 VH bonus on the Village goldfish pond.  :)   
            You can see how much bonus VH your coop has in the wheel menu of the pond.

This by CuddlyFoxes....https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3733305/#Comment_3733305
    Thank you FarmerJohn. That explains everything. With over half our members currently inactive (for reasons unknown) we failed to reach that lofty goal. Hence, no fish. Ah well, maybe next time ... and pigs may also fly.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    If we upgrading village pond, will the pellets consumption still happen during process?
    I would make sure that there is plenty of feed to see you through the upgrade.  Say at least a days worth cause you can't donate while it's being upgraded.
    Sally, as long as there are fish in the bowl during an upgrade, you CAN feed them during the upgrade.
  • If we upgrading village pond, will the pellets consumption still happen during process?
    Sally, as long as there are fish in the bowl during an upgrade, you CAN feed them during the upgrade.
    Oh, didn't know that.  We didn't have fish in it when we upgraded it a few days ago.
    Thanks!
  • there are no gold fish in our pond was there something we were supposed to do them to be moved to the pond we all had assumed it will be done automatically 
  • there are no gold fish in our pond was there something we were supposed to do them to be moved to the pond we all had assumed it will be done automatically 
    Did you obtain atleast 1 Bonus VHP? Look up a few posts to see picture of that by farmerjohn 22.
  • BarryJanet (US1)BarryJanet (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 14.12.2017
    OK, today is 12/14, 8:22am CDT.  The Goldfish Rescue has started.  I am unable to generate goldfish in the pond.  I can create Goldfish bait but that is it.  I can not fish for them.  This event is working for some apparently, as my ranking is dropping.....Anyone else having this problem?

Barry
    Grade A Prime
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 14.12.2017
    OK, today is 12/14, 8:22am CDT.  The Goldfish Rescue has started.  I am unable to generate goldfish in the pond.  I can create Goldfish bait but that is it.  I can not fish for them.  This event is working for some apparently, as my ranking is dropping.....Anyone else having this problem?

Barry
    Grade A Prime
    If you're talking about the pond in the Coop Village, you don't do anything with that for this event other than feed it pellets. 

To catch goldfish and put them in the goldfish bowl, you take the goldfish bait you make in the windmill and use it as bait while fishing MANUALLY with Oleg from the dock in the fishing mini-game on one of the 3 farms (Main, Gourmet, Flower).  When you catch the goldfish, they'll automatically be deposited into the goldfish bowl, which you can access from the van in the parking lot.
  • farmer46 (US1)farmer46 (US1) US1 Posts: 41
    We are having an issue in our coop... Some people have the option of using Oleg to fish for 45 minutes and get 10 goldfish, but some of us can only send Oleg for 5 goldfish for 45 minutes.  Can someone please explain what is going on there?  Is it a glitch?  Someone said they thought it depended on fishing level, but I don't think that is the case.
Sign In to comment.