Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• Some of my team mates are wondering if they need to make more goldfish flakes.  Me too.  I had it set to cover the time but now????????? 

Mods?
    @Artmaker (GB1) If the fish food runs out the goldfish will stop generating points for you so if you would like to continue to gain points until the end of the event, you will need to make more goldfish flakes.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • @CuddlyFoxes, do you know what was going on with the "maintenance update"?  I personally cannot detect what went on or what changed or was updated.  Thanks.

Just as finished this post, I went back to my farm, and there was another "Maintenance Update" signal.  Now I really do want to know what is going on.  Can you clue me in?  Thanks.
    @FarmerCli (US1) The update was a bit delayed but is coming in a few minutes. :)
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • I've been away from my computer for over two hours now, waiting for the update/hotfix or whatever it was, and just tried to log back in and it tells me my connection to the server has been lost........reloading doesn't help and I cleared browser history this morning.........Is the maintenance STILL going on??!!???   :o
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    I've been away from my computer for over two hours now, waiting for the update/hotfix or whatever it was, and just tried to log back in and it tells me my connection to the server has been lost........reloading doesn't help and I cleared browser history this morning.........Is the maintenance STILL going on??!!???   :o

It is here in UK
  • I've been away from my computer for over two hours now, waiting for the update/hotfix or whatever it was, and just tried to log back in and it tells me my connection to the server has been lost........reloading doesn't help and I cleared browser history this morning.........Is the maintenance STILL going on??!!???   :o
    The original  update was delayed.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Can we not get any info on the start of the Viking/Festive Farm?  Is this too much to ask?  If it starts in the next 4 days, it nullifies our rewards from the events ending today.
    Hey @gavinfarms (US1) the Festive farm will start on December 5th. :)
    Great.  Thank you for filling us in.
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    @CuddlyFoxes
    Is the WWC been extended? 

But the timer says otherwise....

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Calendar shows Hawaii should have started by now -- but we all know those things start on Fridays.

And it has the horse season ending in a few days.

Calendars of events shouldn't be that difficult to keep straight.

Signed,
    Waiting Patiently
  • laryam (US1)laryam (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    I do not have a cat tree, so where does the cat charm goes.  I got some from the Santa's calendar and fish event, but they are not in any of my inventory boxes.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I do not have a cat tree, so where does the cat charm goes.  I got some from the Santa's calendar and fish event, but they are not in any of my inventory boxes.
    If you don't have a cat tree, they go nowhere. You just lose them.

Next time cycle through the reward window. One of the options instead of Cat Charms will be farm dollars.  You can pick that if you don't have a cat tree.
  • Because the event wants me to produce wet pig feed, I have to sell my 24,865 wet feeds accumulated at a loss.  Worse event of the year .   
  • laryam (US1)laryam (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    Thanks for the answer, I'll do that next time.

• Piwi (US1)Piwi (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    Is there any point in doing this Christmas event? Or will some last minute hot fixes wipe out all our hard work yet again?
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 01.12.2017
    The event asks for 15000 corn.  This is way too much in 6 days for actively harvesting corn for a total of 16 hours.  That is 3 hours active a day including planting and harvesting times.  If using special seeds, it will cost 50 seed packs.  This is calculated with 5 level 4 fields.  
    Post edited by dchen1 (US1) on
    The event asks for 15000 corn.  This is way too much in 6 days for actively harvesting corn for a total of 16 hours.  
    You're lucky. Mine wants 36,350. 

and 2,120 Cow Feed (88 hours to make, running windmill 24 hours a day)
    and 118,140 apples. (45 straight hours of harvesting, with no sleep).

It's easily triple the amount(s) required over last year.

So much for spending time with the family at Christmas.
  • Calendar shows Hawaii should have started by now -- but we all know those things start on Fridays.

And it has the horse season ending in a few days.

Calendars of events shouldn't be that difficult to keep straight.

Signed,
    Waiting Patiently
    Your correst art,  but we are talking about ggs here , did i read a few months ago the co-op challenge would be every 2 weeks ? yet i believe we had it 4 times in Oct, and 4 times in November.
  • I am sorry but I must say the following to GGS before I explode!

Having a CC during this event is just the dumbest thing ever. How are we supposed to get our Work Order list full when we're holding our stables and fields for missions. Just cancel the stupid thing and let us have just one month without it so we can do this event that we have all waited for. What is wrong with you people!
    its simple, we are supposed to use gold, how many CC's will we have through December ?
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    I may be wrong I usually am, but has anyone noticed a reduction in the amount of edge plants we are getting after the hotfix?? or am I just imagining it??
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    Do I remember this correctly? If we over produce something on our lists, don't we get personal bonus credit towards our individual deco, or a boost to it's value?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I think there is an issue with the requirements needed to complete the tasks, I am level 190, I have two level 7 cherry orchards and it is asking me to produce more cherries than I can make without using gold or seaweed. So why am I required to use gold or seaweed to complete his orders?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I may be wrong I usually am, but has anyone noticed a reduction in the amount of edge plants we are getting after the hotfix?? or am I just imagining it??
    Are you running a production booster?  Some of us have found out it's decreasing the edge plants by 50%, but still requiring the original length of time to clear the field. :(

edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Of course the coops with 50+ members won't have to worry as they have more than enough help, however us smaller coops always seem to not be built into the equation when these "team" event rules are put into action with new events.

I wish GGS would make this & future coop events fair across the board.  That way a coop of 10 or a coop of 75 can have an even chance on finishing the event. 

Is it possible to just avoid this event all together??
    @Chicaa (US1)  I have to disagree with you here. The balance of this event is not the size of the coop, but how many empty spaces they have in the members list. If you have a coop that can hold 75 members & you only have 40, then you cannot get the maximum. It doesn`t matter if you have 75/75 or 5/5, you can do equally as well, in fact 5/5 is a lot easier imo.-That is exactly what our coop had last year & we only had to complete 5 lists each week & our deco was equal to one that a coop of 75/75 members would get for completing 75 lists.
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    Are you running a production booster?  Some of us have found out it's decreasing the edge plants by 50%, but still requiring the original length of time to clear the field. :(

Not running any boosters, wonder if is a snafu, or planned???? Any mod have an answer????
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    Christmas Preparations .. obviously is flawed??? I have completed my list & want to help the other farms in my Coop.. Alas!! :-( I get a blank instead WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!?????  (See above)
  • So I know everyone is just super hyped about yet another event just for co-ops..... not, :/ but could you do a favor for those of us not in a co-op and NOT go dropping co-op event items/quest portals onto our farms.
    I was totally stoked to see the tree show up on my farm ready to start the holiday events only to find out that it's a co-op only thing.  :(
    It's not just disappointing and disheartening, it just acts as another blatant push by GGS to try and convince/force people into a co-op so they can participate in the holiday event, only to find out that if they can't keep up the expected pace of play that they are either booted or have a whole co-op mad at them for holding them back.... it's tacky and rude. :s
    So I know everyone is just super hyped about yet another event just for co-ops..... not, :/ but could you do a favor for those of us not in a co-op and NOT go dropping co-op event items/quest portals onto our farms.
    I was totally stoked to see the tree show up on my farm ready to start the holiday events only to find out that it's a co-op only thing.  :(
    It's not just disappointing and disheartening, it just acts as another blatant push by GGS to try and convince/force people into a co-op so they can participate in the holiday event, only to find out that if they can't keep up the expected pace of play that they are either booted or have a whole co-op mad at them for holding them back.... it's tacky and rude. :s
    Why not just create your own little 1-person Co-Op? Then you can participate. :)
Sign In to comment.