Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Oh yes......I remember this event from last year.  You do NOT have the ability to opt-out.  In other words, you harvest one single item on the list and you are active whether you like it or not.  
  • I don't know WHY GGS fails to realize this is a problem. They apparently felt that someone joining an "Open Co-Op" during the last 10 seconds of the event was enough of a problem to fix, but not someone who only has time to log in once a week.

Even a START button wouldn't help, if someone wanted to be vindictive.

I just hate that GGS puts our Co-Op Leaders in the position of having to remove less active players strictly because of this event. Sure, we could do like Artful and just ignore it, but our members WANT these Decos.  Leaders have to balance the wants of the entire Co-Op.
    @Southern (US1) I think that they do "get it" as the complaint has come from some many communities, however by the time we realised it had not been addressed this time, it was too late to make such a significant change & test it thoroughly & risking adding it & messing up the event was even worse - we should have started to pester them in the Summer, but we are hopeful that we can get something changed for next year, though I appreciate that is not much help this year. :(

One option is to insist that all members start their lists, in phase 1, if you have a very active coop & know that the other members can easily complete it, at least that stops casual members from accidentally starting it at a later time. It is not perfect, as a red dot can easily just suddenly return & harvest their farm, before even checking what events are running, but it can help with those unpredictable members that show up once or twice a week.

@wascallywabbit So I guess if no other players on your team want to contribute (or can't get on to their farms) There's no point participating? no individual benefit for this?
    @Betty Birken (US1) If you are the only active member in your coop & you are able to complete your own list each week, the you can get all 5 decos yourself. If another member does show up & start their list, it would also need to be completed though.
  • @WascallyWabbit what time will the event start? It is kind of important if you want to plan out your day :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I don't know WHY GGS fails to realize this is a problem. They apparently felt that someone joining an "Open Co-Op" during the last 10 seconds of the event was enough of a problem to fix, but not someone who only has time to log in once a week.

I just hate that GGS puts our Co-Op Leaders in the position of having to remove less active players strictly because of this event. Sure, we could do like Artful and just ignore it, but our members WANT these Decos.  Leaders have to balance the wants of the entire Co-Op.
    @Southern (US1) I think that they do "get it" as the complaint has come from some many communities, however by the time we realised it had not been addressed this time, it was too late to make such a significant change & test it thoroughly & risking adding it & messing up the event was even worse - we should have started to pester them in the Summer, but we are hopeful that we can get something changed for next year, though I appreciate that is not much help this year. :(

One option is to insist that all members start their lists, in phase 1, if you have a very active coop & know that the other members can easily complete it, at least that stops casual members from accidentally starting it at a later time. It is not perfect, as a red dot can easily just suddenly return & harvest their farm, before even checking what events are running, but it can help with those unpredictable members that show up once or twice a week.

@wascallywabbit So I guess if no other players on your team want to contribute (or can't get on to their farms) There's no point participating? no individual benefit for this?
    @Betty Birken (US1) If you are the only active member in your coop & you are able to complete your own list each week, the you can get all 5 decos yourself. If another member does show up & start their list, it would also need to be completed though.
    This is why you and the other mods are my hero(es), Wabbit. :)  I'll hold out hope that next year we won't have this problem.  Shall I remind you around April/May to prod the Devs on this issue? :trollface:
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @WascallyWabbit what time will the event start? It is kind of important if you want to plan out your day :)
    @Mtuszek (PL1)

It starts at Midnight CET (Central European Time).  You'd have to convert that to whatever time that is on your server. :)
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 30.11.2017
    Gods, you guys really don't listen. At least give us some time to work on our individual lists before the greedy ones in the co-op can pile on and gobble up all of the rewards for themselves. And yes, our leader would curb that behavior but there is no way to even tell who the guilty parties are. Looks like I'll be leaving my co-op for the month again.
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    edited 30.11.2017
    I don't know WHY GGS fails to realize this is a problem. They apparently felt that someone joining an "Open Co-Op" during the last 10 seconds of the event was enough of a problem to fix, but not someone who only has time to log in once a week.

This is why you and the other mods are my hero(es), Wabbit. :)  I'll hold out hope that next year we won't have this problem.  Shall I remind you around April/May to prod the Devs on this issue? :trollface:
    Why don't you start reminding Wabbit after new year @Southern (US1) the earlier the better... ;)
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    Truly, this event makes a JOKE of what the DEVS said on the live feed message.
    Dennis said Dont do everything. Dont TRY to do everthing. THIS EVENT goes AGAINST everything he said AND everything for how this farming game is.
    this particular event LOST people last year. Just don't understand WHY they, as OPERATIVES would repeat an event that would have people QUIT 
    so you as developers of the game, have figured out a way to get rid of members. 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 30.11.2017
    Its not all that bad.   
    Last year we had several new members that started their tasks but we were able to help complete them in in good time.
      We had 2 members that were on vacation that was no problem.   
      We enjoyed this event and are looking forward to it again.
      Happy Holidays to all.   :)   :)

I do agree! This event can be successfully completed, when leaded & accompanied properly and all members communicate well with each other - even when new members join the coop, or existing members stay inactive - it can be done!

Really looking forward to this event and working together with the whole coop again, although we do have only 14 members + among them some less active players or even being absent (because of their other activities during this festive month) - we always look forward to this event which so much emphasizes the 'togetherness' & 'solidarity' within the coop.
    We very much regret that our "All time favourite" event Santa's List 2015 never ever came back in it's original form - we really believe that was the very best event ever! - but nevertheless we also enjoyed last year's event and thus looking forward to start this one!!

Happy Holidays to all! 
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
    Can I say, After listening to the live feed message I THOUGHT everything was on track. NOW, not so much.

hypocrite

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

That would be nice and pretty and wonderful, EXCEPT this is exactly what we told last year....that this would be fixed for this year.  And not kick this mule too much, but they actually said something very similar the year before that....that it would be fixed last year....and yet here we are, two year's of promises later......

Can we not get any info on the start of the Viking/Festive Farm?  Is this too much to ask?  If it starts in the next 4 days, it nullifies our rewards from the events ending today.
  • Can we not get any info on the start of the Viking/Festive Farm?  Is this too much to ask?  If it starts in the next 4 days, it nullifies our rewards from the events ending today.
    Hey @gavinfarms (US1) the Festive farm will start on December 5th. :)
  • When dose KIOSK visit?
  • LCCGamer (US1)LCCGamer (US1) US1 Posts: 27
    JAX (GB1) said:
    Can someone please tell me how long this event lasts for ?
    Chapters 1-4 are 6 days each plus chapter 5.  If Chapter 5 also lasts 6 days, then the event will last 30 days.
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @WascallyWabbit

what if some people are inactive during the whole event? will the coop be able to complete the chapter?
    also, what if they start their orders but don't fulfill it?
    it is my understanding from reading the announcement that all coop members must be active or the total rewards will not be available. 
    So again.  IF someone is away traveling, I'm forced to either boot them out or the entire team pays the price.
    I had a pretty relaxed policy with my coop.  Just show up at least weekly.  Yesterday I had to send out a note then booted half a dozen players.  ONE came right back saying she had computer issues.  
    This event is a sure way to break up coops or make so much pressure that people don't want to join at all.
    The other two coops I'm in both sent out warnings about everyone showing up etc.
    Now I will be but not everyone can.  And I don't like the pressure either way.  This is a game after all, NOT a full time job!

I'm sorry but these competitive events just blow.  ESPECIALLY right at the holiday season.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Since the Christmas Event will start at Midnight CEST, then it will be starting for me at 3 pm (Pacific Standard Time).  The rest of you on the US1 can calculate from there.  o:)  So now since 3 pm is many hours away, what is this new Maintenance/Update all about that will be starting in about 18 minutes?
    I have no idea, and why put it up so close on the goldfsish event to finnish
  • Helmik (SKN1)Helmik (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 9
    16 minutes to the end of the gold field, why now update
    Is there a hotfix or no?
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    Now the rescue van disappeared - and so did all of our goldfish and we got no deco..........!!
    And they seems to have regret it now
    Confused now.   I was about to get all three farms up, maybe do a mission, but the maintenance thing was on. So I'm waiting.  Now it just vanished.     Anyone know what's going on?
    Confused now.   I was about to get all three farms up, maybe do a mission, but the maintenance thing was on. So I'm waiting.  Now it just vanished.     Anyone know what's going on?
    Not a clue
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    Not very pleased with extension for goldfish rescue - several in my coop do not have enough feed for those extra hours - will they really loose their fish because og problems at BF ??
    Hope they will get their fish to the villagepond

• Wondering what is going on. Where is the update, the goldfish deco, and the ranking rewards for goldfish?Would be nice if a mod updated us.
    Some of my team mates are wondering if they need to make more goldfish flakes.  Me too.  I had it set to cover the time but now????????? 

Mods?
Sign In to comment.