Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 30th - Christmas Reloaded! - Discussion

Hey Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here.

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • @WascallyWabbit

what if some people are inactive during the whole event? will the coop be able to complete the chapter?
    also, what if they start their orders but don't fulfill it?
  • Does it matter if we boot the not very active players during the event, or is it need before it starts?  
    Thanks
  • "Info regarding members who join or leave a cooperative during the event:

• If a member doesn’t start their task (first harvest), they’re considered inactive. This will change as soon as they harvest a product for the task/chapter."

Does this mean that if a player is totally inactive, the coop can still finish all the tasks?  Or will be be held to phase 2? 
  • "If a cooperative loses or expels a member during phase 1 (harvesting), it will also lose all that member’s progress and inherent VHP and FHP. The member loses all the progress from the current chapter but keeps the decorations from earlier chapters (if they leave after chapter 1)."

So what happens to the coop, if someone who comes back for a moment midway and because they can't catch up to the rest of us, we boot them out of the coop?  Is the coop stuck because said member didn't/couldn't finish the first 4 chapters even if they are out of the coop or does this save the coop for those who have worked to get this done?
  • @WascallyWabbit

what if some people are inactive during the whole event? will the coop be able to complete the chapter?
    @apoorva106 (IN1) As long as every order that has been started gets completed, the cooperative will move on to the next chapter. If someone starts an order but is unable to complete it, other co-op members can start helping them once they complete their own list.
    Does it matter if we boot the not very active players during the event, or is it need before it starts?  
    Thanks

"Info regarding members who join or leave a cooperative during the event:

• If a member doesn’t start their task (first harvest), they’re considered inactive. This will change as soon as they harvest a product for the task/chapter."

Does this mean that if a player is totally inactive, the coop can still finish all the tasks?  Or will be be held to phase 2? 
    @sally456 (US1) That would be up to each cooperative to decide if they want to remove less active members or not. If someone can't complete their order other co-op members will be able to help them in phase 2. As soon as a harvest is made towards an order, the order will have to be completed to move onto the next chapter.
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    @sally456 (US1) That would be up to each cooperative to decide if they want to remove less active members or not. If someone can't complete their order other co-op members will be able to help them in phase 2. As soon as a harvest is made towards an order, the order will have to be completed to move onto the next chapter.
    @CuddlyFoxes will you clarify please.  Last year, we had Chapter 2 completed with 8 hours to go.  One of our players logged on shortly before it reset (like 30 minutes).  He was the only one online and we were bumped back to Phase 2 but he couldn't complete his order.  However when Chapter 3 started, we effectively lost out on completing Chapter 2, since the 4 days to complete that chapter had expired.

Are you saying the logic has changed so that we'd instead use chapter 3 time to finish 2 before we could begin on chapter 3?
  • @sally456 (US1) That would be up to each cooperative to decide if they want to remove less active members or not. If someone can't complete their order other co-op members will be able to help them in phase 2. As soon as a harvest is made towards an order, the order will have to be completed to move onto the next chapter.
    @CuddlyFoxes will you clarify please.  Last year, we had Chapter 2 completed with 8 hours to go.  One of our players logged on shortly before it reset (like 30 minutes).  He was the only one online and we were bumped back to Phase 2 but he couldn't complete his order.  However when Chapter 3 started, we effectively lost out on completing Chapter 2, since the 4 days to complete that chapter had expired.

Are you saying the logic has changed so that we'd instead use chapter 3 time to finish 2 before we could begin on chapter 3?
    @LilFarm (US1) It will be the same way as last year. Each chapter will last 6 days before changing to the next chapter. Every order that has been started will have to be completed 100% or the co-op will not move onto the next chapter.
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    Hmmm..i have the feeling that new level of failure has been achieved with Greedy Santa  event.

Harvest...so if Greedy Santa happens to want say...corn and apples...you better not harvest any of those crops for a week, crippling your farm and losing lots of money. Or if you harvest you will be forced to participate in Greedy Santa?

DD
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

Yikes.  WHY does GG do these complicated events that REQUIRES the entire coop to work hard or the entire coop gets penalized, and do this during the worlds busiest holiday season?

This time of year people travel, see family, go shopping, decorating, yada yada yada.... Now I have to play scrooge and boot people who aren't active enough?

I really wish GG would stop with all this team pressure nonsense.   Let people play their own game without pushing to work harder, play more....  It's very off putting.

• rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Its not all that bad.   
    Last year we had several new members that started their tasks but we were able to help complete them in in good time.
      We had 2 members that were on vacation that was no problem.   
      We enjoyed this event and are looking forward to it again.
      Happy Holidays to all.   :)   :)
  • I too agree with FarmerCli about booting/new members leaving & coming aboard during this event.  I wasn't here for last years event.. but I imagine this event will run for a good bulk of the month.

What about the coops that NEED to actively be searching for new talent?  I've also been actively recruiting.. so by closing my coop to new members during this lengthy event will mean that our team will loose out on getting the members we so desperately need to make our coop better.  I understand that there has to be rules regarding farmers leaving/coming.. but I feel this is going to be a disaster for smaller coops.

Of course the coops with 50+ members won't have to worry as they have more than enough help, however us smaller coops always seem to not be built into the equation when these "team" event rules are put into action with new events.

I wish GGS would make this & future coop events fair across the board.  That way a coop of 10 or a coop of 75 can have an even chance on finishing the event. 

Is it possible to just avoid this event all together??
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I too agree with FarmerCli about booting/new members leaving & coming aboard during this event.  I wasn't here for last years event.. but I imagine this event will run for a good bulk of the month.

What about the coops that NEED to actively be searching for new talent?  I've also been actively recruiting.. so by closing my coop to new members during this lengthy event will mean that our team will loose out on getting the members we so desperately need to make our coop better.  I understand that there has to be rules regarding farmers leaving/coming.. but I feel this is going to be a disaster for smaller coops.

Of course the coops with 50+ members won't have to worry as they have more than enough help, however us smaller coops always seem to not be built into the equation when these "team" event rules are put into action with new events.

I wish GGS would make this & future coop events fair across the board.  That way a coop of 10 or a coop of 75 can have an even chance on finishing the event. 

This isnt so much of the size of the coop, but WORKING TOGETHER. u can have a coop with 100 people, that doesnt work together, and u can have a coop of 20, who does work together, which one is most likely to fail and win?
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    @WascallyWabbit

it is my understanding from reading the announcement that all coop members must be active or the total rewards will not be available. 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Do we have a start time for the Festive Farm version of the Viking Farm?  Can it please not happen until after we have had a chance to use the "shorter times" that we get from the WW event.  If you start the Festive Farm tomorrow, for example, you nullify all of my hard work on the WW event.

Can it also please be the normal 28 days?  They keep cutting the temp farms down to absurd lengths like 23 or 24 days, and this is simply unfair.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Of course it is.  Our coop has never participated.  We just "farm around it" and do the other holiday things that interest our individual players.

Any time someone has to boot members for the sake of an event might want to rethink what their coop means to them -- a well-oiled prize-winning machine, or a group of people who enjoy farming together.
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277

Of course it is.  Our coop has never participated.  We just "farm around it" and do the other holiday things that interest our individual players.

Any time someone has to boot members for the sake of an event might want to rethink what their coop means to them -- a well-oiled prize-winning machine, or a group of people who enjoy farming together.

Agree 100%...In fact I'm just about to message my guys to assure them that they don't have to worry about being booted if they can't be active all the time.  It's madness, and, bearing in mind that the word Christmas is included in the title of the event,...not in the spirit of the time of year...
  • JAX (GB1)JAX (GB1) GB1 Posts: 30
    Can someone please tell me how long this event lasts for ?
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Do you know if Santa will be requiring fish at all?

Many of our co-op players are newer and have not opened the fishing area yet, and those who have done so find fishing takes a very long time.

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    JAX (GB1) said:
    More or less the whole december.....Hence the name "Christmas"

That ofcourse if u dont have christmas or knows when it is....
    JAX (GB1) said:

"Christmas" in the title doesn't necessarily give us a definitive answer as to how long this particular event is.  And don't forget, some celebrate Christmas well into January. :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @WascallyWabbit

it is my understanding from reading the announcement that all coop members must be active or the total rewards will not be available. 
    All members do not have to be active.  However anyone who harvests even a single item on their list is considered active and the list must be completed either by that person or the coop.  Where it states: "If they already know that they won't be around for the week, they can skip the respective order. However, this also means that the final reward will not reach its full happiness potential", simply means that the more people that DO participate the higher the happiness COULD be. 
  • JAX (GB1)JAX (GB1) GB1 Posts: 30
    edited 29.11.2017
    JAX (GB1) said:

Thank you Tinzen for your reply. For me Christmas is 12 days before the 25th Dec and 12 days after the 25th Dec, not the whole of December, that's why I asked. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

That's the only beef I have with this event, is that someone can log in during the last 10 seconds of a "Chapter", start the event (throwing everyone back to Phase 2), and cause the entire Co-Op to lose out of both that weeks Deco and the Bonus (5th) Deco.

I don't know WHY GGS fails to realize this is a problem. They apparently felt that someone joining an "Open Co-Op" during the last 10 seconds of the event was enough of a problem to fix, but not someone who only has time to log in once a week.

Even a START button wouldn't help, if someone wanted to be vindictive.

I just hate that GGS puts our Co-Op Leaders in the position of having to remove less active players strictly because of this event. Sure, we could do like Artful and just ignore it, but our members WANT these Decos.  Leaders have to balance the wants of the entire Co-Op.

• Is it possible to just avoid this event all together??

Agree 100%...In fact I'm just about to message my guys to assure them that they don't have to worry about being booted if they can't be active all the time.  It's madness, and, bearing in mind that the word Christmas is included in the title of the event,...not in the spirit of the time of year...
    I'm a 100% agreement too. I didn't join this game to constantly race and compete with other teams; it's just crazy! kinda gotten very 'Scrooge like' I will have to reassure my people also. The down-loading as one event ends to start-up another gives you minimal opportunity to play the game. Chug chug chug...hurry up and wait and hope. Especially this past week with adding all the specials  to compensate for the bugs on HWE and Fish Bowl and that dang cat! Missed this HWE as well. Whatz the point of relaxing. You can't even get on and play. My 'red' players don't have much control over floods & tornadoes where they've had to rebuild their houses and replace equipment and service to play a game 24/7. Not on the Top of the Priority List. We're still grieving for a lost member, well three. Like artful says, we just enjoy our farms by 'farming around it'. I missed the Village Boat trying to build stock to fill; and then the game freezes and can't return in a timely manner...so I have double the amount  by missing ONE. So I guess we won't do Events or Village anymore either. Just pointless!  Too upsetting and totally disappointed... a game you've designed for people with too much time on their hands...and you hope shallow pockets!
  • @wascallywabbit So I guess if no other players on your team want to contribute (or can't get on to their farms) There's no point participating? no individual benefit for this?

That's the only beef I have with this event, is that someone can log in during the last 10 seconds of a "Chapter", start the event (throwing everyone back to Phase 2), and cause the entire Co-Op to lose out of both that weeks Deco and the Bonus (5th) Deco.

I don't know WHY GGS fails to realize this is a problem. They apparently felt that someone joining an "Open Co-Op" during the last 10 seconds of the event was enough of a problem to fix, but not someone who only has time to log in once a week.

Even a START button wouldn't help, if someone wanted to be vindictive.

I just hate that GGS puts our Co-Op Leaders in the position of having to remove less active players strictly because of this event. Sure, we could do like Artful and just ignore it, but our members WANT these Decos.  Leaders have to balance the wants of the entire Co-Op.

Oh, I hear you.  Don't get me wrong, we want those decos, too.  But the mechanics are seriously flawed and not conducive to harmonious team play.  And that's way we refuse to take part. Not worth it for the decos to us, no matter how much we like them. :(
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436

Totally agree Artful!  Sometimes one has to go back to basics and rethink how they really want to play this game.

Totally agree Artful!  Sometimes one has to go back to basics and rethink how they really want to play this game.
    Amen.  It's so easy to lose focus when they keep dangling all the pretty shiny things in our faces.  
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I am sorry but I must say the following to GGS before I explode!

Having a CC during this event is just the dumbest thing ever. How are we supposed to get our Work Order list full when we're holding our stables and fields for missions. Just cancel the stupid thing and let us have just one month without it so we can do this event that we have all waited for. What is wrong with you people!
Sign In to comment.