Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Too many pop ups in game

William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
edited 16.04.2018 in Suggestions
As title suggests, there is getting to be too many screens popping up when we log on. I could see having the happy hour pop up when it is actually happy hour times, but not 24/7. Maybe it should just be the regular welcome screen with an option to skip the clutter.
Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 10.08.2017
    amen and amen.  I have missed several harvests during the final moments of CC missions because of the pop ups.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    YES and YES!!!!!  I actually have to log in, and go walk away until all the garbage loads, just so I can click it all out of the way.   And the ONE THING I actually would have liked to read, one of the market things expired, was only on the screen for a nano second and poof gone!   SWELL!  

Put it ALL in one corner, flag it when something new appears, and let US decided if and when to look.
    I mean really, how many times does one need to see the newspaper?  It doesn't change very often.
    Nuff said.   Too much crap to wait for before I can't do anything.  
    Been asked for before, was promised way back when I first started playing that the pop ups would only be temporary.
    THIS IS GETTING NUTS!

Look, I play three farms.  (Yes I am insane.)  
    The ONLY way to log into all three at once is go to my bookmarked game.  The last one I had open will be what loads.
    Log out, click reconnect, which brings up the ONLY PAGE I can select another server. 
    I WISH I could bookmark just THAT page.   It would save all the wasted time I'm going to outline here.

IF I'm REAL FAST, sometimes I can click the log out button before this plethora of BS starts blasting me.

Todays list.
    1. HWE event gives me a prize.        Fantabulous.  WHY do I need to see this before I can even feed the dog?
    2. HUGE happy hour screen loads.      And for the life of me I have not got one clue what that thing means.  Don't care.
                                                             If it's a way to prompt people to log in at certain times?  Again I don't care.  I play when                                 
                                                              it's good for ME to play.  Not according to any schedule.
    3. Winter wheel guy is leaving.        Ok good, GO.  Nothing I can do here, no action I need to take, JUST FLIPPING GO!
    4. Coop unlocked some research      great.  Good.  I can't see this in chat?   WHY do I have to get a pop up for this?
    5. Newspaper.                                   WHICH IS THE SAME BORING NEWS DAY AFTER DAY!   
                                                              WHY can't that be off on the side? Or up on top?  LET ME READ WHEN I CAN?
    6. Welcome back you get XXX          Fine.  Good.  AGAIN WHY can't that be placed out of the way.  Let ME look after I get   
                                                              settled in
    7.  Fun on the farm deals                 AGAIN! PUT THIS OUT OF THE WAY!!!!  First of all they are NO "DEALS."  They are RIP OFFS.   And this annoying thing pops up even after I'm logged in.   LIke when I'm trying to move decor around, the decor drops out of my grip because this •¶§∞ pop up I don't want, don't care about and will NEVER BE SPENDING REAL MONEY ON has to blast in my face.    OVER AND OVER AND OVER!   

MOVE IT OUT OF THE WAY with all this other crapola.   It might actually be looked at if you did.   Right now I can't wait to just click red Xs to remove it so I can GET TO the log out button and get all my farms going.

AGAIN!!!!!   So I got the little snowman thing.   Picked it up, looking around my farm hoping I might have enough space to stick it, and poof, some other POP UP makes me drop it.  Gxx *&&^^ºª¶©† it! 
    (YES cusing… I deleted it myself but yes, insert juicy words of your choice.)

STOP WITH THE STUPID POP UPS!!!!!   PUT THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Ya know I just MIGHT have liked to actually see what deal, offer, or rip off you blasted.  Instead I'm miffed, just turn this stupid thing OFF, and go try to place my stupid piece of decor again!  

Thanks for wasting my time GG.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @Artmaker (GB1)
    I could not agree with you more here.  I am in the middle of wildflowers for CHWE.  I am down to the wire and suddenly my game freezes up.  No choice but to refresh the game.  Took a few times to reload; I guess all these pop ups and hamburgers and cod and what-nots flying everywhere when everyone harvests really bogging down the game.  Anyway, the game finally loads and by the time I was able to close out all the popups my silo timer ran out. I was not able to get the bonus point so all the special wildflowers, orange fert, and seaweed fert that I had already used were all wasted!  The popups NEED to go. Especially that stupid spin the wheel when you buy gold Black Friday popup!! 
  • YES! cut out the pop-ups....it's like a stupid strobe light with the rapid pop-ups before the game can get loaded proper. You banter constantly for unrealistic amounts of Gold prices. Always in your face when you're in the middle of some action and the game stalls and delays. You rapid pop those so we hurry to get around them, then click and you pilfer my hard earned money....it's too much, too greedy!  Seems like a double play on picking up gifts, a lot of useless stuff I can't use because you've scared so many team players away to upgrade or progress with the Village to utilize anything. The game has chugged so bad it is difficult to play and enjoy the game...it's a game and suppose to be fun. I hurry thru and might get 45 minutes okay but forget about trying to do events or anything. Stupid Cat house so dragged out to build and only if you can stay on long enough and collect charms before the game freezes and locks-up Now the Fish Bowl with a stupid amount of cash required to fish...just eats up the money and back to racing & hurrying through again to benefit. So disgusted! Get the damn downloading right before you keep adding new stuff. This has turned into a real nightmare....I'm so agitated by this. It's been well over a week with game feed going from terrible to worse. I have things to do and work. Can't hang around here all day fighting your greedy set-up.
  • I agree with getting rid of or at least limiting the pop-ups. I do find that once I have settled into the game I will actually click through and read the "deals" but I won't read them when they are flashing in my face.
  • TooneGeminiElf (US1)TooneGeminiElf (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    edited 16.04.2018
    It's hard enough to keep up with all these events, Let alone trying to finish them.

But, For the LOVE OF GOD! GET RID OF THESE POP-UPS!!

***Please watch the language. Thank you! Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    No
  • The pop-ups don't influence your performance during events that are not really time sensitive (to the second - e.g. missions). I agree with you that during missions, they could be a hinder. However, aside from that, there is nothing wrong with the pop-ups. They are a revenue avenue for GGS, and they are necessary for the survival of the business. 

An idea would be to have these offers show up somewhere on the side of the screen and not interrupt whatever the player is doing in that moment. This way the players would still see them and they would still be required to close them, but at least it won't cost them a few precious seconds that can make the difference between 1st and 2nd place.
  • Actually, About that, The lag is so incredibly horrendous that before I finally get the option on any given piece in the farm, The Option pops up in around 2 seconds later or so. Added then Im trying to participate in an even, Then I get a pop-up after pop-up - ' 2 for one offer', Make it yours , and even big offers.'.

Can you see my frustration? Also Yes, I have tried to refresh my browser, Numerous times,
    It does help at first, but then My browser again starts its steady decline to Lag city.....

I'm sorry, BF wasn't at all this way when I first played it back then.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    Does removing the check mark from the "notification boxes" setting reduce the number of pop-ups? 

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Does removing the check mark from the "notification boxes" setting reduce the number of pop-ups? 

No, it only stops notifying if a mission is available 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    My suggestion to solve the issue of pop ups:
    Add a notifications list that can be opened in the upper right corner.  New notifications will show its name and brief description in 10 words or less for a 5 seconds next to the notifications button and make a sound.  

I also want them to add more dollar offers because I rarely see any offers that involve spending just dollars.  

I have some suggestions for new content: 
    Dollar prime spending: spend dollars to get rewards.  5 rewards to earn.  Amount required and rewards depend on level.  

Farm supplies offer:  Buy a package of premium or super feed and fertilizer in bulk, Using them all on level 1 stables and orchards will earn a 10% profit, higher profit percentage when used on higher building levels.  Limit 1 package per offer.  

Product shop: 6 random products for sale. Buy products at only 50% higher than sell price for use in feed and shop products.  Includes any of the crops, animal products, and flower farm orchards, and distillery items.  Cannot buy over barn capacity.  

Sign In to comment.