Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

Comments

• @CuddlyFoxes

What is the conversion rate of flees and goldfish feed to FXP.  This was asked before and I cannot find the answer anywhere.  Thanks
    @sally456 (US1) We have asked, they are not sharing that info - If that changes & we do find out anything, we will let you know.

did anyone get an email about the server rankings? I do not think our coop received any news on this.
    Thanks,
    Albinranch
    @Albinranch (US1)  As far as I know, the in-game system is still not working, we have been posting the results in the Mod Bulletin

@WascallyWabbit
    At the end of the event, unused items - such as the feed used for the fish in the bowl and bait - will be converted into Fishing XP automatically while pond feed will remain.

Can you please verify whether unused fleas will be stored in inventory or whether they will also be turned into fishing XP?

Thanks
    @Shay1968 (US1) That one has been answered, you probably just missed it.

They will hop away! - I gather it is so that no one has an advantage if/when the event is run again, but I don`t know why they are not converted like the other things, except that the fleas are stored  items, whereas the others are not. Also I recall lucky coins were staying, going, staying, going & they never moved, so all we really know is that, at the moment, they say the fleas are going :)

On the Christmas Wheel of Fortune.....the Viking Donkeys are for rank 1-5 and the Goats are for Rank 1......

Given that the Donkeys are a more valued prize (to everyone that I have spoken to so far), shouldn't the Donkeys be for Rank 1 and the Goats be 1-5?
    @gavinfarms (US1) You really want us to report that 5 people are getting the better reward instead of just 1? 
    On a separate topic....the Goldfish event gives Sweet humus (Candy Farm), so is the Candy Farm next?  I would have thought that the Festive Farm for the Holidays was next.  When would it start?
    I think it stays in your (unseen) Candy farm inventory, until the next time the CF is run, but I will check that.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 27.11.2017

I would like to hear from the DEVs and see if they let us know with what intentions they designed the special decorations that people win at the winter wheel of fortune, they are absolutely the most worthless decorations good only to clutter the inventory.  It definitely seems like a way to waste tokens for no reward

The decorations have little happiness value, bear no village happiness. If dismantled are only worth 5-6 deco parts, if people decide to keep them they are so big they wouldn't fit anywhere. 

This new wave of giving out rewards / prizes which are completely useless and worthless is a new trend, been going on since a few months.  Cat charms to people who have no cat trees, fishing area crew and equipment for the wrong boats and now the worthless decorations

I can' t wait to see what useless stuff the Santa event will deliver

• How do you catch a goldfish that stay under the boat?
    It is very irritating to wait until it swims a bit more to the left.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @vikingur1- (NL1)
    Just close the window and open again, the fish will be in a different place. (sometimes I have to do this several times but eventually they will be in a easy spot :))
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    For what it's worth, I enjoyed the "worthless" decorations from the Wheel.  I had enough room on my farms to "decorate" for the holidays, and gave the excess to Greta to chew up.  After the holidays, Greta will get some more, and a few will be kept in storage.  There was such a nice balance between these and all the GMLs (yes, I was extremely lucky), plus some seeds and ferIts I needed, I really can't complain.  I agree, the rune stone is huge, and probably will be shredded as well.
  • proba (INT1)proba (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27

@WascallyWabbit

I have a question regarding Fertile garden. Since we get it as a reward from CHWE, do we upgrade it with dollars or with gold?

• sam70 (INT1)sam70 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 15
    edited 27.11.2017
    @WascallyWabbit

i didn't see some handbooks in the offers like cow milk handbook , whyyyy????? :|:/
    Post edited by sam70 (INT1) on
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

@WascallyWabbit

I have a question regarding Fertile garden. Since we get it as a reward from CHWE, do we upgrade it with dollars or with gold?

Gollllllld @proba (INT1) 

@WascallyWabbit

Gollllllld @proba (INT1) 
    Maybe they should rethink giving out rewards that require gold -- either not give them out, or make them so that they can use farm dollars as well.  Just a thought. :)
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

@WascallyWabbit

Gollllllld @proba (INT1) 
    Maybe they should rethink giving out rewards that require gold -- either not give them out, or make them so that they can use farm dollars as well.  Just a thought. :)
    Dear @artful (US1)
    Don't think which contradict ggs policy lo
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • proba (INT1)proba (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27

@ WascallyWabbit

Gollllllld @proba (INT1) 
    Well, I'm more than sure that answer is gold, but I'm wondering what kind of reward is it, if we have to pay for it???
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Not only is it gold, but it is very expensive in terms of gold.

It is very odd for a prize to require gold.
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    This may have already been covered, but I feel the amount of time the mill(s) are tied up for the Goldfish rescue is a bit high.  Since the event has started I basically have my MF mill running constantly between fish bait and fish flakes for the event.  The GF mill simply makes pellets all day.

The ONLY reason I can even afford to do this and still participate in HW and Weekly Theme event is since I had over 20,000 premium feed stockpiled for Chickens, Pigs, & Cows.  (I upgraded my Mill when Steve was here with Gold just to see if that helped, didn't and I'm considering getting last level this time around just to help out).

I have 642 (way less than Gavin posted a few days ago) and I'm sitting in Top 50 in my division (100-149).  The last few days, w/o Oleg, I can get around 100+ more fish using my Level 7 Amphibian.

It's a fun event, I just think the time to make flakes & bait could be reduced a smidge to allow for other use.  I do make a batch or so of Chicken Feed / Wet Pig Feed, but each nite instead of Cow Feed, I make a 6 hour batch of Fish Flakes.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    If this will be a monthly event, perhaps the developers can put a mill in the village for fish bait and flakes.

I know, right?  Like telling someone they won a Jaguar that you have to make monthly payments on.
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • @CuddlyFoxes

What is the conversion rate of flees and goldfish feed to FXP.  This was asked before and I cannot find the answer anywhere.  Thanks
    @sally456 (US1) We have asked, they are not sharing that info - If that changes & we do find out anything, we will let you know.
    Thanks for asking.  Should you get an answer, we'd appreciate it:)
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    The update also caused the purple exclimation points to NOT disappear after clicking on them.  The only one this bugs me is when Steve is here and I need to know when it's 5 minutes left in the event I want to rush the last 30 minutes of build time to get something extra started.  (I submitted a bug report already).

I know, right?  Like telling someone they won a Jaguar that you have to make monthly payments on.
    "Congratulations, you've just won a really tiny down payment on an super expensive car."......Isn't that what Pat Sajak normally says.
    I have an idea......for GGS.......

What if.....during this holiday season, we kept the three boosters (that were compensation for something from last week) until after Christmas.  The fireworks, the Happy Horse Booster, and the Rep Point Booster.  It would be a sort of Christmas Bonus, and it would let people achieve a little more in the next couple of CC's over the holidays.
    Another unrelated idea for GGS, can we have the ability to sparkle the Timber and Metals factories in the village?  That would be awesome.
  • sdstc (TR1)sdstc (TR1) TR1 Posts: 214
    edited 28.11.2017
    137 points for 297. that means 1 fish = 0,46~ points
    does it same for you? is there a way to increase that points per fish?

The higher you go, it will keep going down.  Mine is 1299 fish, 288 points per second.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    The hard worker is up to its old tricks again.
    Next on my list was cabbage so I had special cabbage planted overnight.
    This morning the stupid thing wanted apples instead.
    I guess it got confused they are both round and maybe it is color blind.
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Anyone know when the Christmas event begins. We are guessing the 10th or something like that. Anyone have other info on the starting date?
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Another unrelated idea for GGS, can we have the ability to sparkle the Timber and Metals factories in the village?  That would be awesome.
    While you are working on sparkles for the village...why are we not able to sparkle the bakery?
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Another unrelated idea for GGS, can we have the ability to sparkle the Timber and Metals factories in the village?  That would be awesome.
    While you are working on sparkles for the village...why are we not able to sparkle the bakery?
    We can, but you have to buy it with gold for the bakery
Sign In to comment.