Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @CuddlyFoxes -  thank you, got them after making goldfish feed.  Had me worried there lol  :)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 25.11.2017
    Village pond upgrade chart - http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/irregular/goldfish_rescue.htm#1

here is a screenshot

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 25.11.2017

How many fish would transfer to the pond....if this were the final picture of the event?
    @gavinfarms (US1) Is that a trick question? hehe  - 893 :)

CHWE will start at midnight CET 25th/26th
    No, it is not a trick question.  I thought that the "12 VHP" from the bottom progress bar transferred over to the pond, so I am confused.

no comment
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    it would be great if it was that easy but I wouldn't count on that @FarmerCli (US1). They didn't give us any directions on the machinists of the pond but I'm sure there is more to it than that.

Notice how level 11 says it will give 200 VHP and it will hold 2,880,000. I am not sure and do not quote me on this, but I think if we don't have 2,880,000 fish in there than we will not get the 200 VHP.

Perhaps one of the MODs could get more information for us.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    it would be great if it was that easy but I wouldn't count on that @FarmerCli (US1). They didn't give us any directions on the machinists of the pond but I'm sure there is more to it than that.

Notice how level 11 says it will give 200 VHP and it will hold 2,880,000. I am not sure and do not quote me on this, but I think if we don't have 2,880,000 fish in there than we will not get the 200 VHP.

Yeah, I think the "200 Happiness" (as listed for the Level 11 Pond) is going to be the maximum, and the *actual* Happiness will depend on how many fish are in the pond (up to the maximum for that ponds level).   We might have 2,880,000 fish in the pond, but if the Pond is only Level 1, we'll probably only get the "15 Happiness" that is the Max for the Level 1 pond.

At least that's how I'd do it if I were coding it.
  • firewolf (INT1)firewolf (INT1) INT1 Posts: 41
    i have to express my irritation, this must not happen, to place baited fish under the boat...
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Well, you are lucky and can atleast fish goldfish. I have made goldfish bait, but they do not show up at Oleg, anywhere, anymore! Several days since they did. Others I have spoken with at SKN1 have the same problem.

Cheers from an unhappy me 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 25.11.2017
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

Sharing a thought about the goldfish rescue event, and who knows maybe you MODs could share with your GGS contacts

I find the luck of attention the DEVS show to players requests absolutely despicable  

Players have been complaining about the fact that everything related to village is anonymous, from who starts a challenge, to who adds materials or starts an upgrade in the village. Its been a continuous complaining since the Village was added to the game.

And now this, for this event the DEVs have designed a proper Activity signal (in chat) that shows who adds goldfish pellets to the Village pond: the DEVs are showing us how easy it is to add proper activity mentions to the game, but at the same time they are telling us they really don't care about their player's criticisms and requests

Reprehensible !!!  Once again, thanks for nothing GGS !  

• is there a problem with the goldfish event, i am making flakes, food etc like a crazy person and sending oleg to fish which is costing me a small fortune, but i am not moving up in the ranks or prizes, oh and why no snow on the gourmet farm ?
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 25.11.2017
    is there a problem with the goldfish event, i am making flakes, food etc like a crazy person and sending oleg to fish which is costing me a small fortune, but i am not moving up in the ranks or prizes, oh and why no snow on the gourmet farm ?
    Don't know about your gold fish.   The main and gourmet farms have  snow on them.  The flower farm being in a warmer climate zone has no snow.   The horse ranch is in a desert area and so does not get snow either.

That is the way it was explained last year.
  • LuraBelle (US1)LuraBelle (US1) US1 Posts: 309
    For some reason I like the gold fish. I don't get much for them  but they seem pretty and its something different

edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    See, I thought that VHP from the bottom bar transferred over and that maybe the storage limit was the limit for the donated pellets.  So in the above example it would add 12 VHP to the Pond's VHP.

If only there were a forum, where they could clear up this confusion.
  • At the end of the goldfish event, what happens to the bugs that still in storage?
    @FarmerCli (US1) any unused items such as fleas & goldfish flakes will be converted into fishing XP at the end of the event. Goldfish pellets for the pond will remain in your inventory.
    @CuddlyFoxes, do you know what the conversion rate will be for the fleas and flakes?

@WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

What is the conversion rate of flees and goldfish feed to FXP.  This was asked before and I cannot find the answer anywhere.  Thanks
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 26.11.2017

Yeah, I think the "200 Happiness" (as listed for the Level 11 Pond) is going to be the maximum, and the *actual* Happiness will depend on how many fish are in the pond (up to the maximum for that ponds level).   We might have 2,880,000 fish in the pond, but if the Pond is only Level 1, we'll probably only get the "15 Happiness" that is the Max for the Level 1 pond.

At least that's how I'd do it if I were coding it.
    @Southern (US1)  @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

When you click on the rescue van and hover over the bottom bar for coop village happiness it says "additional" points.  You get VH for upgrading the pond and additional points for the gold fish.  The additional points will be added to the level points.

When you click on the rescue van and hover over the bottom bar for coop village happiness it says "additional" points.  You get VH for upgrading the pond and additional points for the gold fish.  The additional points will be added to the level points.

@Shay1968 (US1)

Nice catch. :)

And I suppose that's workable. I'd wonder if the pond will generate any happiness with 0 fish in it (thereby providing no *additional* happiness), but I support we'll find that out in a few days one way or the other when the event ends. :)
    @Shay1968 (US1)
      This is how I understood it.
    edited 26.11.2017
    @Southern (US1)
    Right,  0 fish would equal 0 additional points.  The bar at the bottom of the fish rescue page shows how many additional points the coop has that will be added to the VH total after the event ends and how many point until the next VH point.  But those additional points need to be maintained by feeding the fish after the event ends.

The top 2 bars show the happiness and village happiness for the personal deco.
  • did anyone get an email about the server rankings? I do not think our coop received any news on this.
    Thanks,
    Albinranch
    @WascallyWabbit
    At the end of the event, unused items - such as the feed used for the fish in the bowl and bait - will be converted into Fishing XP automatically while pond feed will remain.

Can you please verify whether unused fleas will be stored in inventory or whether they will also be turned into fishing XP?

Thanks
    On the Christmas Wheel of Fortune.....the Viking Donkeys are for rank 1-5 and the Goats are for Rank 1......

Given that the Donkeys are a more valued prize (to everyone that I have spoken to so far), shouldn't the Donkeys be for Rank 1 and the Goats be 1-5?
    I have some general thoughts on the Goldfish event....now that we have been several days through it.  Perhaps they can consider these before it runs again (and it seems obvious that this event will be a recurring one, due to the Pond's existence). 

1.  I always think that the Hard Work Rewards should be attainable without gold.  I understand the need for gold to fund GGS.  I am not complaining about that.  I am not saying that it should be easy to do without gold....simply possible.  However, it is mathematically impossible to complete the Hard Work Rewards in this event without a substantial gold investment.  Perhaps the top Hard Work reward should be around 150 million.

(for full disclosure, I used 300 gold at the start to help make sure my group started to receive points)

2.  The flake usage needs to be adjusted.  I am 45th on the US server now, and I must make flakes for 20 hours a day, or it will stop.  I understand that it should be hard, but it becomes impossible to do anything else and there is only one windmill.

3.  On the "send Oleg", there need to be more options.  It goes straight from 45 minutes to 22 hours.  Who could have possibly thought that this made any sense?  What if there were 4 options.....  45  minutes, 6 hours, 14 hours, and 22 hours?

4.  The points per second that you get from each fish, tapers too much.  It tapers to the point where there is almost no sense in adding fish at a certain point.  Because if takes 30 fish to get one more point per second, people just start to ignore it. 

I the above finds its way to GGS.
    On a separate topic....the Goldfish event gives Sweet humus (Candy Farm), so is the Candy Farm next?  I would have thought that the Festive Farm for the Holidays was next.  When would it start?
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    On the Christmas Wheel of Fortune.....the Viking Donkeys are for rank 1-5 and the Goats are for Rank 1......

Given that the Donkeys are a more valued prize (to everyone that I have spoken to so far), shouldn't the Donkeys be for Rank 1 and the Goats be 1-5?
    Hey @gavinfarms (US1) if one person.is on first he will recive both donkey and goat stable because last time when we recive 1 prize we didn't get the donkey  :expressionless: so I was thinking that if I try to be no 1 then I got both things or not the question is this 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Nice thoughts @gavinfarms (US1)  gavinfarms (US1) said:
    I have some general thoughts on the Goldfish event....now that we have been several days through it.  Perhaps they can consider these before it runs again (and it seems obvious that this event will be a recurring one, due to the Pond's existence). 

1.  I always think that the Hard Work Rewards should be attainable without gold.  I understand the need for gold to fund GGS.  I am not complaining about that.  I am not saying that it should be easy to do without gold....simply possible.  However, it is mathematically impossible to complete the Hard Work Rewards in this event without a substantial gold investment.  Perhaps the top Hard Work reward should be around 150 million.

(for full disclosure, I used 300 gold at the start to help make sure my group started to receive points)

2.  The flake usage needs to be adjusted.  I am 45th on the US server now, and I must make flakes for 20 hours a day, or it will stop.  I understand that it should be hard, but it becomes impossible to do anything else and there is only one windmill.

3.  On the "send Oleg", there need to be more options.  It goes straight from 45 minutes to 22 hours.  Who could have possibly thought that this made any sense?  What if there were 4 options.....  45  minutes, 6 hours, 14 hours, and 22 hours?

4.  The points per second that you get from each fish, tapers too much.  It tapers to the point where there is almost no sense in adding fish at a certain point.  Because if takes 30 fish to get one more point per second, people just start to ignore it. 

I the above finds its way to GGS.

I doubt we'll have the candy farm, as if we were the candy hunt would have started before now.  It'll probably be the Northern Lights Farm, or the Festive Farm (as you suggest).  Both of which are just (slight) alterations of the Viking Farm. 

If history is any indication, it'll start around the 5th to the 7th of December. Which one is still unknown, but I doubt it'll be the candy farm. I have been wrong before, though. :)
Sign In to comment.