Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Issues with Coop Chat & Messages

Comments

• MrsBL (US1)MrsBL (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    Thank you so much Shay! I will do that. :)
  • MrsBL (US1)MrsBL (US1) US1 Posts: 42
    seems to be alot of issues atm ... typing / messaging using micro edge is very slow ... ok very very slow , and when i change to chrome i get shockwave crashing all the time.

Any other suggestions ?

Exact same for me - chrome = constant crashes, edge = extremely slow typing

• Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    If I want to write a letter or in chat..I always go to horse ranch and write from there..works perfect for me..no lags 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    If I want to write a letter or in chat..I always go to horse ranch and write from there..works perfect for me..no lags 
    Excellent tip, Spurgiukas.  I'll give it a try next time. :)
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    edited 21.01.2018
    This may have been mentioned previously if so sorry, but my problem and others by the sound of it. I am unable to type in chat or private messages, that is to say as I type it does not appear immediately I finish what I am typing and sit there and watch it slowly (painfully slowly) appear on my screen. Yes I have emptied all of my caches, restarted reset, reconfigured and still no joy., several others have mentioned this problem and I even tried to use the flash browser, that won't even load, I am running windows 10 home. I am able to type in everything else on my pc except this and it is becoming extremely frustrating. thanks in advance:)

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Are you using Microsoft Edge browser? 

Several people that have reported the same problem you're seeing tracked the issue down to Edge.. They started running the game in Firefox or Chrome, and the problem went away.  Give that a try maybe?

Several people that have reported the same problem you're seeing tracked the issue down to Edge.. They started running the game in Firefox or Chrome, and the problem went away.  Give that a try maybe?

Thanks for the reply, at this time I will try anything:)) it seems like there is issues with many browser's which is why I went to edge.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

I'm here to tell you the problem exists in Chrome, too. :(
  • It exists in Firefox and Opera as well.
    So do you think it is  flash player? as that is the common denominator? it is the most frustrating thing that I have encountered:((
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    having no problem in opera but edge is terrible for this problem
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well great.  Now just trying to open a message brings up an error? WTH?

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    This error usually happens after an upgrade. Ignore it. Has been happening for months.

• typing messages or in chat is painfully slow and the game is lagging too much - takes forever to get a mission - might as well not use the forklift.
    I asked this person to resend and that one came through fine.   Must be a random little bug.  
    Okeee dokeee. 

As for chat, HORRIBLY slow.  I use a text editor and just copy and past.  Works great. 
    I know GG is working on new chat features.  (Or ruining what we have.)
    Meanwhile, chat has always been SO SLUGGISH that it's just easier for me to open a text window, type there, copy and paste into chat.

Well tonight no paste.  It doesn't work.   I have to suffer along with the chat text area that is SO SLOW usually half the letters don't even register 
    u    n   l   e   s   s        I      t   y   p   e     S OOOOO    S  L  O   W   W   W   W

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    One of my coop members experience a huge problem with using the chat. Everytime he tries to write something it takes a very very long time, and then an arrow of some kind jumps around in the farms for maybe 10 minutes (at least it feels that way). Meantime he is unable to do anything at the farms. He found out that shifting to the Islands he could write, but now this is also a problem, so at the moment the village is the one left. Please help him out - playername is allandk .

• It happens to me hourly  I log off and back in and get about an hour before I have to log off again
    Would there be anyone from suppport who has an explanation, or better can fix this problem ??
  • sjw (US1)sjw (US1) Posts: 13
    I have not been able to talk to anyone in my coop for at least 2 months.  I have the same issues as those already mentioned.  I was told to do certain things with my computer, which I did, but it made no difference at all.  HELP
  • @mutterkjær (SKN1) @DxrxbillingGame (US1) @sjw (US1) Have any of your tried using the separate flash player & if so did it help at all?
  • sjw (US1)sjw (US1) Posts: 13
    I did try that and it was no help at all.
    My friend who is the one having this problem, is not very good at english, and mine is not good enough to do a proper translation. I think it should be possible to fix the problem, because it is something new happening. Not long ago the problem did not exist.
  • how come it take so long for the game to repeat your key strokes
  • dmhodges (US1)dmhodges (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 19.12.2017
    same problem, very frustrating trying to use message window on farm to talk with co-op members.  What's up with this problem?  Why is it happening and when will it be fixed?  (no problems typing here on forum, only in the game)

• refreshing every half hour helps  annoying but at least you can communicate
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Thought I was the only one with this problem - have sent a message to support, see if they come up with something.  Refreshing does not seem to help for long, 
    C;mon techies when are you going to solve this problem.  I, for one, am getting so frustrated at not being able to answer my coop members quick enough.  It takes me approximately 4 minutes to get a very small message typed and then out on both chat and messages.  Know it is not priority for you but please can you do something about it sooner rather than later.  Thank you.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    I have a similar problem in that when I try to type in the chat box my game either freezes or boots me.  I am having to use messages to chat to my coop friends.  I have been told that it could be my security programme that is causing this problem and will get it checked by my son.
    I have a similar problem in that when I try to type in the chat box my game either freezes or boots me.  I am having to use messages to chat to my coop friends.  I have been told that it could be my security programme that is causing this problem and will get it checked by my son.

Think it is more than that as there are quite a few people having this problem.  Mine seemed to start after the last hot fix.  
Sign In to comment.