Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Flash Contest - EN Community Thanksgiving Party!

First a very Happy Thanksgiving day to our US farmers!

As you all get ready to have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, we thought it
would be nice to see some traditional fare from all of the big farmers in our community.

Post a traditional dish, eaten in your country, to celebrate a national holiday or event. 
Tell us a bit about it & a picture would help, as we all like to drool over yummy food pics!  :p

We will give 750 gold to the 1st 3 valid entries from EACH of our 8 community servers:
AU1 - EN1 - IN1 - INT1 - LT1 - NL1 - SKN1 - US1
That is 24 winners in all, if we can tempt some of our quieter members into posting :)

You can continue to post your delicious dishes,
even after the 3 prizes for your server have been won,
so that we can all learn something about each others cultures.

The contest will run until we have all 24 winners, to allow for all the timezones, 
so bring lots of food, this could be a long community party!

Have fun all!

Comments

• KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036

Had to do Thanksgiving since this is exactly what I'll be making tomorrow:

Roast Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, (drooling yet?) Cranberry Sauce, Sweet Potatoes, Rolls

We always have a relish and a veggie tray with dip as well 

• @KarenKay (US1) mmmmm that looks delicious!! Thankyou :)

Shouldn`t you be in bed? Hope you are able to wake up in time to cook all that hehe

• Presenting The Delicious " Indian Thali "

This Thali have many type of vegetables like shahi panner , mix. veg. , potato cauliflower , bengal gram , rice , custard etc. and many types of roties like gram flour roti and assorted with spicy buttermilk , salad , chutney , ghee and sweet. 
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    http://prntscr.com/he5pwx

This is Anarsa (rice flour cookies) , a traditional dish ,particularly prepared on diwali  :) 
  • camel2 (IN1)camel2 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 19

The traditional non vegetarian meal of kerala. Served on a banana leaf. consists of chicken biryani, curd, sambhar, boiled egg, chicken, prawns, fish all made in various spices and served with curry. Yummm.
  • httpswwwbbcgoodfoodcomsitesdefaultfilesstylesrecipepublicuser-collectionsmy-colelction-image201512recipe-image-legacy-id--219622_12jpgitokNAuIZbCY

i like roast lamb with roast potatoes traditional Sunday lunch

• "chole bhature" a typical dish from the state of Punjab. it is loved by all indians. 
    it is a type of 'puri' served with onions, 'chole' (gram) and 'chutney', the type of sauce.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    When it comes to desserts, at Thanksgiving, it has to be pie.  Generally several are offered -- mincemeat, pecan, sweet potato, and/or apple are often on the buffet.  But it would not be Thanksgiving for most people without the iconic pumpkin pie with mounds of whipped cream.

• areeba ahmad (INT1)areeba ahmad (INT1) Posts: 3,747
    edited 23.11.2017
    Image result for pakistani bbq
    BBQ at Eid ul Azha. The most awaited event of the year in my country as families gather together to celebrate it with sizzling BBQ(Tikka) and sauces. There is more than one type of BBQ(Tikka). 
  • Meppi16 (SKN1)Meppi16 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 39

Kuvahaun tulos haulle itsenisyyspivn menuHere in Finland we are celebrating our 100th Independence Day on 6th of December, so I'm sending a picture of one example of dessert or cooking. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    edited 23.11.2017
    Along with the turkey, we usually have green bean casserole. Its made with green beans, cream of mushroom soup, & onion rings.

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049

In Slovenia, on 11. November we celebrate the St. Martin's day. This is a day, when according to legend, st. Martin enters the cellars and turns "mošt" into real wine. 

The traditional dishes are: goose, "mlinci" - made of flour and water and red cabadge. And of course fresh new wine.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Fish and chips in newspaper with a side order of mushy peas or curry sauce with salt and vinegar
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 23.11.2017
    Pecan Pie - my favorite Thanksgiving dessert.
  • christmas
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    A special treat for the Netherlands on New Years Eve are these "oliebollen". Fried dough with raisins, some cinnamon and powdered sugar on top.
  • (image)

The traditional non vegetarian meal of kerala. Served on a banana leaf. consists of chicken biryani, curd, sambhar, boiled egg, chicken, prawns, fish all made in various spices and served with curry. Yummm.
    ..now i just want to eat it
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 23.11.2017
    Oh well, here I am late as usual for these contests! But my two cents worth: Our traditional Thanksgiving Day Feast is actually non-traditional (at least as far as I know).  We enjoy roast duck. This is so appropriate as we raise ducks here on Big Farm and not turkeys. (Please don't ask me what we enjoy for Easter Dinner, because all the children will want to throw stones at me)

• FastMunira (IN1)FastMunira (IN1) IN1 Posts: 18
    edited 24.11.2017
    Kalamara,  a sweet dish made of rice, curd and milk decorated with coconut and dry fruits.

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    Here the traditionel danish christmasdinner 

Billedresultat for traditionel dansk julemiddag
  • 4 Hearts (US1)4 Hearts (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    My family does not care for turkey.  We either do ham, Cornish hens as our tradition. This year we will be going with ham and sweet potatoes.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
  • istasakhi (INT1)istasakhi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 15
    Dosa
  • Didi (NL1)Didi (NL1) NL1 Posts: 29
  • qqq2 (NL1)qqq2 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 17
    This is what half of the Dutch people do at Christmas: "gourmetten". Cook your own meal in tiny little pan's on the table. Can be meat, fish, veggie, eggs, pancakes, anything you like. Sidedishes usually consist of French fries, salad and condiments.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    My grandparents were both from Lithuania. As a Christmas tradition, we always included a side of smoked sausage with sauerkraut and potatoes. Even though my grandparents have passed on, we still continue this tradition.  However now with the extended families, everyone brings a dish pertaining to their ethnic background so we have a large variety of ethnic foods. 

• Sa11y (US1)Sa11y (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Stuffed squash! Roast the squash and along side it you roast some of your favorite veggies. Then you scoop out some of the squash and put all the roasted yumminess mixed and back in the squash-cover it with your favorite cheese and put it back in the oven until bubbly.  Such a gorgeous presentation for the table.
  • Image result

This is tasty delicious Indian Chat

The origin of the word chaat probably comes in connection to the taste and sensation of chatpatta which can be best described as salty, sweet and tangy in most savoury snacks and foods. It might also be derived from the word chatna, meaning to lick, as the flavour hits the sides of the tongue while relishing the slightly soggy crispness of the papdi and other fried breads and pastries. 

• jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    In my family we have moved away from the 'traditional' Christmas dinner but there is one item we ALWAYS have to have and that is The Trifle!  And it is usually my job to make it  <3<3<3

• Ketupat to Celebrate Hari Raya in Malaysia!

This traditional dish is a must have for the celebration. It's a rice cooked in palm leaf, shaped into a diamond/triangle(You don't eat the leaves of course!). Usually served with beef rendang, and kuah kacang(peanut sauce?).

I taught myself how to wove the leaf, but unfortunately not how to cook it... always have my mum for that. But of course I make a lot of ketupat with ribbon to hang around the house, and office. What is Hari Raya without ketupat....

This discussion has been closed.