Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

Comments

• At the end of the goldfish event, what happens to the bugs that still in storage?
    @FarmerCli (US1) any unused items such as fleas & goldfish flakes will be converted into fishing XP at the end of the event. Goldfish pellets for the pond will remain in your inventory.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Can't sell goldfish bait!! My mill is totally stuck. Second day without my mill because I can't sell the goldfish bait. Went to Oleg. Went to tackle box. Went to bait. How do I use the goldfish bait???
    Fish with it in the minigames would be an idea
  • My Fleas have turned Blue now...   I don't think we have any fish in the Village Pond, how do we get them from the Glass Bowls to the Pond.. ?    

We are currently throwing feed in the Pond but no fish to eat it...

• need some help please, my silo on my home farm wont open i have to much fish bait and cant used it as i am already fishing, i cant get rid of it, support says throw it on the fish I cant now have a silo sitting idle because of this, advice pls
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    need some help please, my silo on my home farm wont open i have to much fish bait and cant used it as i am already fishing, i cant get rid of it, support says throw it on the fish I cant now have a silo sitting idle because of this, advice pls
    Even if you send oleg you can still do the manual fishing. go to the fishing mini game.

My Fleas have turned Blue now...   I don't think we have any fish in the Village Pond, how do we get them from the Glass Bowls to the Pond.. ?    

We are currently throwing feed in the Pond but no fish to eat it...

You might want to take a look at this...

http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/irregular/goldfish_rescue.htm
  • need some help please, my silo on my home farm wont open i have to much fish bait and cant used it as i am already fishing, i cant get rid of it, support says throw it on the fish I cant now have a silo sitting idle because of this, advice pls
    Even if you send oleg you can still do the manual fishing. go to the fishing mini game.
    Many Many thanks T.O.P. did not know we could do that
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
                            With all these goldfish we've rescued, who needs cat charms to attract a cat?!  Whistling smileys

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Здравствуйте! После производства корма для золотых рыбок получился переизбыток, но продать нельзя, появляется ошибка. Золотая рыбка ловится почти сутки, из-за этого мельницу долгое время поставить нельзя, замедляется производство на ферме, теряется очень много времени. Прошу решить эту проблему.

edited 22.11.2017
    Здравствуйте! После производства корма для золотых рыбок получился переизбыток, но продать нельзя, появляется ошибка. Золотая рыбка ловится почти сутки, из-за этого мельницу долгое время поставить нельзя, замедляется производство на ферме, теряется очень много времени. Прошу решить эту проблему.

Привет, kcc. Вы должны использовать мини-игру, чтобы использовать свою приманку, чтобы у вас было место для приманки с мельницей.  :)  

• @CuddlyFoxes,

It appears that there are storage limits for Goldfish Pellets, shows up in farm management, and Goldfish Bait, does not show up anywhere and only found out when my silo locked up.

Do we know if there is a storage limit for Goldfish Flakes, have looked and it is not listed in farm management anywhere
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 22.11.2017

I got double cod from this boat.  

Cod left the swordfish, salmon, cod pools and they are now everywhere.  The closer my boat is to the swordfish, salmon, cod pool, the more cod I will catch.  
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @harliemamma (US1)
    Goldfish flakes go straight to the fish in the goldfish bowl, they aren't stored.
  • RumbleBelly (US1)RumbleBelly (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 22.11.2017
    Pay close attention to the prizes you are SUPPOSED to receive from the goldfish event, prize #9 3000 Fleas from hard work rewards, NO ONE I have talked to has received their prize of 3000 fleas. Sent in a ticket to support but maybe by Christmas I will get them.
  • Oaks21 (GB1)Oaks21 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    Help please
    My windmill has goldfish bait in it
    Can't sell or get it out. Tried fishing for goldfish using bait but not a single goldfish in any ponds?

Help please
    Can't sell or get it out. Tried fishing for goldfish using bait but not a single goldfish in any ponds?

edited 22.11.2017
    @WascallyWabbit
    @CuddlyFoxes

Happy hour not working...My mill is charmed 25%. happy hour suppose to be at 40%...I produced the max 9 gold fish bait.

Post edited by T.O.P (INT1) on
    Help please

@Oaks21 (GB1)  You use the goldfish bait like the regular baits. Click and drag it to the right side with the rest of your tackle, then click "Go fishing". You then click on the goldfish bait button to load your goldfish baits to get goldfish to appear.  :)

• Oaks21 (GB1)Oaks21 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    Help please

Have looked at all that, before asking,
    Nothing is working
    No Goldfish to fish and use bait :(
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 22.11.2017
    Help please

Have looked at all that, before asking,
    Nothing is working
    No Goldfish to fish and use bait :(
    in that case, if you have tried what farmer john showed, the bait will make the goldfish,are you sure that it is bait that is stuck not flakes that feed the fish
  • At the end of the goldfish event, what happens to the bugs that still in storage?
    @FarmerCli (US1) any unused items such as fleas & goldfish flakes will be converted into fishing XP at the end of the event. Goldfish pellets for the pond will remain in your inventory.
    @CuddlyFoxes, do you know what the conversion rate will be for the fleas and flakes?
    @FarmerCli (US1) we'll check with the team tomorrow to see if we can get that information for you. :)
    @CuddlyFoxes,

It appears that there are storage limits for Goldfish Pellets, shows up in farm management, and Goldfish Bait, does not show up anywhere and only found out when my silo locked up.

Do we know if there is a storage limit for Goldfish Flakes, have looked and it is not listed in farm management anywhere
    @harliemamma (US1) There doesn't seem to be any storage limit on the goldfish flakes.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 22.11.2017
    @WascallyWabbit

Happy hour not working...My mill is charmed 25%

Actually, that's correct.

Charms are applied to a single production, not to the whole batch.  So when you're making Bait, you're applying the 25% charm and the 20% charm to 1 bait, for a total of a 45% boost to 1 bait.

Making the 1 bait "1.45 Bait".  The game rounds this up to "2 bait".  You're then making it 9 at a time, which gives you 18 bait.

If it were to apply the bonuses to overall production, your output would go way down; (9 + (9 * .45)) = 13.05 bait.

So would you rather have 13 or 18? :)

Long Story Short: The way the game works, it's working as designed - at least for bait.  I'd have to look at the math for the chicken feed (or something else with a high single production output) to see if that's working correctly. I'll check it out in a few minutes.
    @WascallyWabbit

Charms are applied to a single production, not to the whole batch.  So when you're making Goldfish Food, you're applying the 25% charm and the 20% charm to 1 bait, for a total of a 45% boost to 1 bait.

Making the 1 bait "1.45".  The game rounds this up to "2 bait".  You're then making it 9 at a time, which gives you 18 bait.

If it were to apply the bonuses to overall production, your output would go way down; (9 + (9 * .45)) = 13.05 bait.

Long Story Short: The way the game works, it's working as designed - at least for bait.  I'd have to look at the math for the chicken feed (or something else with a high single production output) to see if that's working correctly. I'll check it out in a few minutes.
    that is for the normal charmed mill output right south? But It did not change even if the happy hour booster is on...where is the suppose to be 40% bonus output on mills.

Before Charming with 25% charm (so just the 20% bonus from HH):

After (Big) charming:

My single production chicken feed is 13 (level 3 book), and I make it 32 at a time.

So 416 on a normal, overall production.

Single Production for HH would be 13 * 20% = 15.6. The game would round this up to 16.
    16 * 32 productions = 512 for Happy Hour. Looks correct.

Now for the charms:

13 * 45% (HH + 25% Charm) = 18.85.  Game would round this up to 19.
    19 * 32 productions = 608 chicken feed.

Also looks correct.

So (long story short) again, it's working like it's supposed to.

@WascallyWabbit

Charms are applied to a single production, not to the whole batch.  So when you're making Goldfish Food, you're applying the 25% charm and the 20% charm to 1 bait, for a total of a 45% boost to 1 bait.

Making the 1 bait "1.45".  The game rounds this up to "2 bait".  You're then making it 9 at a time, which gives you 18 bait.

that is for the normal charmed mill output right south? But It did not change even if the happy hour booster is on...where is the suppose to be 40% bonus output on mills.

I'm only in the 20% HH Bonus right now, but 40% woudn't make a difference with Bait.  It would still only be:

1 bait * 65% (40% HH + 25% Charm) = 1.65Bait.  Game would still only round it up to "2 Bait".

You'd have to exceed 101% Booster in order to get another bait out of it.

1 bait * 101% = 2.01 Bait, game would THEN round that up to "3 Bait".

If we had an 80% Windmill Booster for HH, you could swing it.. But with a max of 40%, just can't quite get there. :)
    And yes, it's sad that you almost need an engineering degree to understand most of the mechanics in a simple flash based farming game.  Fortunately, I have one. :)

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Just when I think GG can't possibly come up with something more complicated, complex, confusing and with ZERO in game instruction….. 

they do this.

And… for some reason I have no understanding of… I'm actually playing it.  Been paying Oleg MILLIONS to catch stupid goldfish.  (Yea well ignore the whole coop village and the farms are making money again. I can spare it.)

Reading through this thread,  I learned a few things.
    Flakes are for the fish bowl… which can only be seen if you click the little truck with the rowboat on the roof.
    AND that only lasts while the event is running.    Make flakes, they automatically go to feed the fish bowl.
    (Keep an eye on that, don't want them to starve.   No one mentions how you cannot keep 30+ goldfish in a bowl… even ONE isn't a good idea, but then, this is just a computer game.  In real life, don't ever do that. Get a tank, filter, airpump, do your homework.  but yea, just a game, graphics, numbers, (way off) timers etc.)

I also know there are NO FISH in the pond yet.  Wont be till the end of the event.  So coops?  Stop trying to feed the empty pond.  Your only going to foul the water.   

Fleas…. ok, SO glad you changed them to smiling, cutsie (ish) blue beatle things and not the hidious gross actual flea looking bugs.   STILL!!!!!  Goldfish do NOT EAT THEM!  
    Gees GG at least do a LITTLE bit of reading about fish?  You got all the farm animals right. This is a simple thing.  Fish don't eat bugs found on land. Cause, well, THEY ARE NOT ON LAND! 
    Ok, ok…. back to this is just a stupid computer game, no real fish, no real dog, no real anything.  Graphics by silly programers who never once ever actually had a pet of any kind.  It could be pink stars we have to find to feed to the blue triangles… be the same thing.

Then there are the assorted bars, graphs, charts, math…. Gotta sift through forums, or find third party sites to explain it all...
    Please.   I have a hard enough time resetting my digital clocks twice a year.   Don't give me algebra homework here.  KISS….  "Keep It Simple Stupid."   GG needs to adopt that as their prime directive.
     It could be pink stars we have to find to feed to the blue triangles… be the same thing.

Feeding pink stars to blue triangles actually sounds pretty awesome! :D:D:D
  • I have a message about adding more fish to the bowl,I have 2 swimming in there and I have been making goldfish food and goldfish nonstop in the windmill so how do you add more fish to this bowl.I even had Oleg fishing for the goldfish too.Is there a bug?
Sign In to comment.