Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

Comments

• Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Still cannot fish on my own for goldfish - don't have any goldfish in the sea to fish for - help xxx
    You have to make the goldfish bait in your mill, then load your tackle box and use the bait to lure the goldfish.

I have done that @FarmerKar (US1) loaded it but still don't have any goldfish to fish for xxx
  • Denyd (US1)Denyd (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    Why on earth did the fleas turn blue??  Someone not pay the hydro bill?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Rose1006 (US1)Rose1006 (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    Thank you for changing the creepy fleas to a cute little blue bug :)
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    edited 21.11.2017
    @Mac56 (GB1)
    You have to make bait in the mill first (from the fleas)
    Then you click on Oleg, choose tacklebox on the ringmenu, go to the bait tab and add the goldfish bait to the tacklebox.
    Go fishing on any of the farms, click the goldfish tab on the left, then click up-arrow to release the bait, a goldfish will appear for every bait you use. :)
    Will try that @grrr (NL1)  thanks.  Tried it and it worked - great stuff xxx

• Thank you to the person who redrew the fleas!
    The blue ones are cute, not itchy!
    : D
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    The fleas are blue because they are freezing cold with all the snow around! LOL  :*:D  Besides that, the blue ones are cuter and less creepy.  My skin does not itch so bad. 
    YES!!!! Thanks.  Still goldfish wouldn't be eating beatle like bugs either.  But just a game graphic, MUCH better than the disgusting fleas.  

Still… the event is WAY too complicated.  I still don't have a clue how to get the fish from the bowl to the pond.
    And ya know what?  The whole thing is WAY too costly for the little reward.  I think Ill just let it go. Maybe donate pellets to the pond IF my coops keep playing this.  But I'm not blowing millions on goldfish.  
    Again the balance guys here are clueless.   Millions should pay for a nice orca, not a goldfish.
    (I use to sell them 10 for a buck as feeders. Come on. Millions? Gold?  I think not.)
  • @Artmaker (GB1) The goldfish get put in pond at end of the event. 
  • @WascallyWabbit , thanks, at last I can make bait and really enjoying fishing for those crafty goldfish!
  • Is anyone recheck the village pond? It seems the pellets donation before the hotfix has been disappeared. 
    @Surya54 (INT1)  Try reloading the game to see if they appear, I just donated some to mine that did not show up until I reloaded. If yours are still not there, please send me a PM with a screenshot of the pond info & also of coop activity chat showing donations (if you still have them).

The fleas are blue because they are freezing cold with all the snow around! LOL  :*:D  Besides that, the blue ones are cuter and less creepy.  My skin does not itch so bad. 
    YES!!!! Thanks.  Still goldfish wouldn't be eating beatle like bugs either.  But just a game graphic, MUCH better than the disgusting fleas.  

Still… the event is WAY too complicated.  I still don't have a clue how to get the fish from the bowl to the pond.
    And ya know what?  The whole thing is WAY too costly for the little reward.  I think Ill just let it go. Maybe donate pellets to the pond IF my coops keep playing this.  But I'm not blowing millions on goldfish.  
    Again the balance guys here are clueless.   Millions should pay for a nice orca, not a goldfish.
    (I use to sell them 10 for a buck as feeders. Come on. Millions? Gold?  I think not.)

@Artmaker (GB1) Your gold fish stay in the bowl until the event ends & after that they will go to the coop pond to be like pets that you feed for happiness. There is no reason to pay millions for sending Oleg to catch your goldfish, you can just make your own bait from the fleas & catch the goldfish yourself.

@ everyone The maximum possible stats for the deco during the single player portion of the event, are:

Max HP = 80
    Max VHP = 20 
    Max quality = 9

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Is anyone recheck the village pond? It seems the pellets donation before the hotfix has been disappeared. 
    @Surya54 (INT1)  Try reloading the game to see if they appear, I just donated some to mine that did not show up until I reloaded. If yours are still not there, please send me a PM with a screenshot of the pond info & also of coop activity chat showing donations (if you still have them).

@Artmaker (GB1) Your gold fish stay in the bowl until the event ends & after that they will go to the coop pond to be like pets that you feed for happiness. There is no reason to pay millions for sending Oleg to catch your goldfish, you can just make your own bait from the fleas & catch the goldfish yourself.

@ everyone The maximum possible stats for the deco during the single player portion of the event, are:

Max HP = 80
    Max VHP = 20 
    Max quality = 9

@WascallyWabbit how this one suppose as a coop event put aside the bowl deco I didn't see any ranking between coop if u know something let us know 
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    @WascallyWabbit
    OMG!!! WHOEVER RE-DREW THE FLEAS.....CAN YOU GIVE HIM A BIG BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    now I don't cringe everytime I harvest...:) A very happy player here..:)
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Is anyone recheck the village pond? It seems the pellets donation before the hotfix has been disappeared. 

Max HP = 80
    Max VHP = 20 
    Max quality = 9

I'm sorry that what I mentioned is the pellets' donation before hotfix happen and the donation chat already buried with recent donation.

Anyways, thanks for your help & information about the deco.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @WascallyWabbit

Pellets also disappeared from our coop pond, reading the german forum I think it's a general bug.
    Happy to send you screenshots, but I'm afraid your mailbox might get overloaded? ;)

• I have reloaded my game , still no bait option.
    I also do not have the option of turning fleas into goldfish food

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 21.11.2017
    @WascallyWabbit

Pellets also disappeared from our coop pond, reading the german forum I think it's a general bug.
    Happy to send you screenshots, but I'm afraid your mailbox might get overloaded? ;)

@grrr (NL1) If you have screenshots that will help show the donations were made & have disappeared, please do send them to me in a PM. My mailbox is always overloaded, it is used to it hehe:)

GARY ANDREWS (US1) said:
    I also do not have the option of turning fleas into goldfish food
    @GARY ANDREWS (US1) Please could you open your windmill, click on the 2nd tab (shown below) & post a screenshot of what you see there. Thankyou :)

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

@WascallyWabbit   the choices for getting goldfish include gold, (not happening)  2+ something million to send oleg for five fish,   OR waste my precious time on that silly manual fishing thing TRYING to catch ONE at a time.  Got my first one that way.  Only when I saw my coop adding 5 or more (more if you use one of the farm machines.)  

So yea, kinda costly.  And again.  For what?  Coop village happiness?   I don't play it anymore.  There are NO rewards to be found.   yarnical only IF the whole coop feeds him constantly.  If not? He takes instead of gives and no way to back out without closing the whole game and rebooting.   I dont' touch him.  Haven't in some time now.  The village is nothing but a resource drain and doesnt' give back a thing.   Just upgrade this, make stuff to upgrade that.   what for?  

Happiness for that?    Don't care.  Rather work on my farms and the snails pace of making enough to ever buy a new plot of land, let alone upgrade anything on the rare occasion the architect shows up.

I miss the deep sea the way it was.  At least there was one place we could make cash to use.  

So ever so slowly.  Selling flower farm goods, bakery goods, RARELY I land a good contract from the fish market.  Can't afford to upgrade ships.  

Too many costs to this game and not enough reward for it.

Guess I just like clicking stuff.  

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 21.11.2017
    I made some goldfish bait, but I can't see where to find it to catch goldfish. Is it supposed to be where the other baits are in my tackle box?  EDIT: Never mind, it just showed up after I reloaded the page.  ;)
  • LuraBelle (US1)LuraBelle (US1) US1 Posts: 309
    I think there is a pond in the village to get goldfish, but I am slow

• I think there is a pond in the village to get goldfish, but I am slow

They village pond will get the gold fish when the event ends, then you have to feed them regularly.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    Where do you find how many goldfish flakes you have made? I need to take a screen shot before I collect more because I collected 960 this morning around 1 am CST & again around 7:15 am but it only showed 960 goldfish flakes. Don't want to collect this one without taking screenshot of what I have before I collect my next batch.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

How do you know how many pellets have been donated apart from the donation showing in chat?  Is there something that should show up in the pond info?

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    We earned a group point on the bottom progress bar.  I thought it was supposed to show up on the Village Pond, but it has not.  We have upgraded the Pond to level 2 and added Pellets.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    My goodness, this thread filled up very fast!

Anyway thank you @Jeff1526 (US1) and @WascallyWabbit for clearing up my question way back on page 7.
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262

Max HP = 80
    Max VHP = 20 
    Max quality = 9

How many points does it take to earn a deco worth 80 HP?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 21.11.2017
    Never mind, they showed up after I cleared cache and reloaded.
  • My mill on the main farm is overfull of goldfish bait and won' let me get rid of it. I have spent quite a bit of farm dollars and gold but it still comes up telling me I have to sell  gold fish bait. As long as it does this my mill is unusable. How do I get rid of the gold fish bait so that I can use my mill again?
  • edited 21.11.2017
    @WascallyWabbit

My Goodness, there are 10 pages in this thread already, so I am way behind!  LOL  I will of course go back and read them all, but no time now.  Would have bee nice to test this on the test server. 

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! for changing the disgusting brown fleas to the cute little blue bugs!!!  And can we please call the "Bugs" instead of fleas?  Fleas really are not fish food of any kind! We think of them as pests that bite and infest our beloved dogs (sometimes homes) and us and make us itchy!! And if we call them just "Bugs" that covers a whole lot of different insects and larva that goldfish REALLY eat!  (We can also think of them as the "Bugs" in the game and make lots of them for the gold fish to eat and get rid of! LOL).  

I'm still learning the Goldfish Rescue, but I do like it so far!  Not sure about the rewards yet, have to learn how it all works first. 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

P.S. Besides changing to the cute little blue bugs today, what was in the Hot Fix?  I didn't see anything in the Mod News about it.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    My mill on the main farm is overfull of goldfish bait and won' let me get rid of it. I have spent quite a bit of farm dollars and gold but it still comes up telling me I have to sell  gold fish bait. As long as it does this my mill is unusable. How do I get rid of the gold fish bait so that I can use my mill again?
    You need to use some of it fishing with Oleg in the Minigame in order to get your inventory down low enough that you can harvest your windmill.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Is there someplace where we can see how many goldfish that we've rescued? And could I get another goldfish bowl? This one is getting crowded.  :D

Sign In to comment.