Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

Comments

• Is there a minimum level for the mill before you can start producing bait for the goldfish? I have one co-op member says she can't produce bait in a lvl 2 mill
  • How do you get goldfish in your village pond??

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I have been logging in and out all evening since the update

What am I missing?
  • I for the life of me can't figure out the goldfish thing.  I'm getting bugs from the chicken coops.  Anyway, Wascally, I just want to know if there is any progress on why Sunset Clearing can't do any research.

• Ah ok, I've got it now. Not only do you have to select the goldfish bait, but you have to then click on the '+' button next to it to activate the bait, and hey presto a goldfish appeared :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Bait seems to be working for me in the windmill.

Gonna be able to test it in fishing when Oleg gets back in about 15 minutes.

• Is there a minimum level for the mill before you can start producing bait for the goldfish? I have one co-op member says she can't produce bait in a lvl 2 mill

Well I have a Level 8 mill and still can't produce goldfish bait, so I don't think the level has anything to do with it.  I think it has everything to do with bugs in the game that they constantly introduce and don't care to fix.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Can't automatically plant event seeds after this update.  Have to plant individually ....and that's another pain!
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

OMG  -  wondered where my cash had gone to, but realise now that the goldfish must be made out of real gold for being charged so much for Oleg to catch them for me.  Think I will be sitting this event out.

Anyone want to buy some fleas??

edited 31.01.2023
    no comment

OMG  -  wondered where my cash had gone to, but realise now that the goldfish must be made out of real gold for being charged so much for Oleg to catch them for me.  Think I will be sitting this event out.

I wonder why he's giving me the option to catch goldfish with Farm Dollars?

(Granted, it's fairly expensive when you can catch them yourself with the flea-bait for free, but some people only seem to have the "Gold" option to send him out.  There may be some mechanics here we haven't fulled flushed out yet.)
  • I can't seem to make any gold fish bait at my windmill. I've got fleas to make the bait but it doesn't even appear to be an option. I can only make goldfish flakes and pellets. Any ideas?
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    the windmill has an extra tab with "goldfish" picture; and now everything is clear as glass...yippee! so the rescue continues...:D
  • šakal (INT1)šakal (INT1) Posts: 27
    edited 20.11.2017
    I can't seem to make any gold fish bait at my windmill. I've got fleas to make the bait but it doesn't even appear to be an option. I can only make goldfish flakes and pellets. Any ideas?

We already asked WascallyWabbit and are waiting for response. I think this is a bug which should get solved as soon as possible.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473

I wonder why he's giving me the option to catch goldfish with Farm Dollars?

(Granted, it's fairly expensive when you can catch them yourself with the flea-bait for free, but some people only seem to have the "Gold" option to send him out.  There may be some mechanics here we haven't fulled flushed out yet.)
    I myself do not have the option to "only" go by the dollar, but gold only - others in my coop has the option to use dollars...

I have told them, that its not that, but it should be the minigames.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    @Mac56 (GB1) @Shay1968 (US1) thanks guys...I was panicking for nothing...went also to bigcrazyfarm site & found info there as well...everything is on track now for continuing the rescue...can't believe how they bumbled & mumbled their way on that video...I think they need a better script writer for the next time & for sure some better visuals...those sheets were really hard to see; maybe next time use full screen with voiceover instead...ggg.  Again, thanks to u both; this time around wasn't so complicated...
  • "We will also attempt to repair broken cat trees on the gourmet farm in preparation for the cat charm madness."

I love this wording, so its a definite maybe that people (like me) who had their working Cat Trees broken nearly 3 weeks ago will have them fixed.... maybe... Classic.
    Or have it even made worse, it is just gone from my farm sigh, and yes I have logged in again and an other player has confirmed that the spot is empty where it used to stand. So attempt at fixing was the right wording in my case...
  • WascallyWabbit said
    • "We will also attempt to repair broken cat trees on the gourmet farm in preparation for the cat charm madness."
    After 3 weeks my Cat Tree is still broken, please advise when this will be fixed.

Thanks

Mark
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    Why oh why do the goldfish cost so much?  2,110,000 for 5 goldfish in 45 minutes.  3,160,000 for 30 fish in 22 & a half hours.  Waaaay tooooo expensive for me.  Guess I won't be fishing any time soon.  :(

How on earth can anyone fish for them at those ridiculous prices?
    Why oh why do the goldfish cost so much?  2,110,000 for 5 goldfish in 45 minutes.  3,160,000 for 30 fish in 22 & a half hours.  Waaaay tooooo expensive for me.  Guess I won't be fishing any time soon.  :(

You can always collect fleas and catch goldfish for (nearly) free in the minigame by using bait. (unless your farm is one of the broken ones that apparently won't make bait for some reason).

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    The icon for fishing points are now Cod instead of Oleg.  
  • Also seems like the points for joint effort coop thing doesnt work properly.
    Only counts the points i make, not any of my fellow coop members.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

We could start a circus!
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    @WascallyWabbit Has the Cat madness started? 
    If not do we have an ETA?
    If it has then I am not getting cat charms from my pigs, cows, chickens on my MF (still to check the other farms)

Tanks! J
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    I've managed to get some goldfish in the bowl and am feeding them but how do they get to the village pond
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

You can always collect fleas and catch goldfish for (nearly) free in the minigame by using bait. (unless your farm is one of the broken ones that apparently won't make bait for some reason).

Tried fishing myself using only goldfish bait.  The other fish loved it. I'm done. :)

• Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 21.11.2017
    @WascallyWabbit Has the Cat madness started? 
    If not do we have an ETA?
    If it has then I am not getting cat charms from my pigs, cows, chickens on my MF (still to check the other farms)

Tanks! J
    Charm Madness is only for the Gourmet Farm (yes it has started)
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 21.11.2017
    well after over 4 hours I finished making gold fish flakes but i am still at the starting post, so another let down here Have Oleg fishing for over 22 hours would would be bankrupt if went for 45minutes job Now made pellets Not showing so stuck This is totally C!!p
    Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on
Sign In to comment.