Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 20th - Goldfish Rescue and Christmas Vibes - Discussion

Hey Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here.

Comments

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Will the fertile garden can be purchased through building menu or in offer similar with fertile meadow?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    How long does the Goldfish event last?  Thanks.
  • Please bring this event at right time and without any bug :)
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    It's Christmas shouldn't we have a christmas gift...:)

20 tokens is too much especially for the low level ones. Can you reduce it to 10 or 12 at least...:)

Plus on live stream Daniel said if we don't want to catch the goldfish ourselves we can send oleg to catch it for us. I can't see that mentioned anywhere. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I am hoping its a spelling mistake and get flies off animals Not fleas LMAO
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Yes, I remember Daniel saying something about that too (re: sending Oleg to catch our goldfish for us).  Also, I don't see anything in my build box tab about being able to build a fertile meadow as was implied by the Announcement.  It was discussed about an upcoming addition of building a fertile meadow like that of the fertile field and garden.  So where is it that I can obtain a fertile garden for my flower farm?  In the WWC trader, I can only find the opportunity to trade for a "friendship meadow" nothing about a fertile meadow.
    You might want to check *after* the patch. :)
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Yes, I remember Daniel saying something about that too (re: sending Oleg to catch our goldfish for us).  Also, I don't see anything in my build box tab about being able to build a fertile meadow as was implied by the Announcement.  It was discussed about an upcoming addition of building a fertile meadow like that of the fertile field and garden.  So where is it that I can obtain a fertile garden for my flower farm?  In the WWC trader, I can only find the opportunity to trade for a "friendship meadow" nothing about a fertile meadow.
    You might want to check *after* the patch. :)
    Which aspect of my comment are you referring to? The "fertile" meadow of the flower farm, or Oleg catching goldfish for us?  If it is the goldfish aspect, then am I missing something because I can not build a fertile meadow?  Or were you referring to both aspects of my comment?
    The Fertile Meadow. They won't be available until after the patch.
  • Will the fertile garden can be purchased through building menu or in offer similar with fertile meadow?
    @Surya54 (INT1) The garden will only be an event reward for now.
    How long does the Goldfish event last?  Thanks.
    @artful (US1) 10 days, it ends on the 30th
    Plus on live stream Daniel said if we don't want to catch the goldfish ourselves we can send oleg to catch it for us. I can't see that mentioned anywhere. 
    @T.O.P (INT1) Yes, you can send Oleg.
    I am hoping its a spelling mistake and get flies off animals Not fleas LMAO
    @Lesley52 (GB1)  Nope, it's itchy widdle fweas :p - That was from CM Hunter to you lol

But we also asked the same thing when we saw the notes, apparently they are Daphnia, water fleas - Yes, we know they are not really fleas & that they wouldn't be jumping around our farms, but there ya go, its BF! - Maybe the cats brought fleas hehe  :#

edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    In regards to Christmas Preparations (the new name for Santa's WishList):

Please tell me that it has been updated/changed so that someone logging in at the last 5 minutes of the weekly event won't break the entire event by throwing the Co-Op back into Phase 1, negating ALL the work the Co-Op had done all week to get the Weekly Deco (and the Bonus Deco at the end of the event).

Throwing people out of the Co-Op because they haven't logged in due to (reasons) the last day of each week is so counter-productive.

Also, each player should be able to progress from Phase 1, to Phase 2, to Phase 3 outside the confines of the Co-Op.  In the past, we have had players absolutely *livid* that other members of the Co-Op finished off Phase 1 for them (by donating), but by NOT doing so, that 1 player holds up the entire Co-Op from progressing to Phase 3.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @WascallyWabbit -- thanks!
  • I have heard of others that have the new   " fishing pond "  at their village but many others do not....I do not either.  Will that be implemented soon  ?
  • I have heard of others that have the new   " fishing pond "  at their village but many others do not....I do not either.  Will that be implemented soon  ?
    @SANDRAUser60 (US1) I was not aware that anyone has it yet, it won`t be added to the game until the update is run. There used to be a duckpond in the village, next to the children's playground, which has gone & that is where the fishpond will appear, as far as I know.

Would love to see a screenshot of a fishpond that is there already. :)
  • WascallyWabbit     I believe I read that in a past post, but do not remember who it was... so maybe they were speaking of their duck pond not being there anymore, not sure exactly.

So sorry if I caused any confusion ...it was only me being confused    :#
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I watched the video the team put out not long ago and when they talked about the goldfish?   Oh here we go again with the overly complicated things.   Do this to open that, do that feed this here's a chart….
    I haven't even seen this event and already I'm thinking it will land right smack into my ignore this mess list.

But… I know… it will be a new thing, and like everyone else here. I'll just have to try it.
    (Better dump some crazy glue on my head now to help secure the hair I'll be ripping out.)
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • sparrow (US1)sparrow (US1) US1 Posts: 8

I don't mean to be picky, well yes I do.  The event in itself sounds fun, but fleas?  Couldn't come up with something better than a blood sucking parasite for gold fish bait.

• aussie_mark (AU1)aussie_mark (AU1) Posts: 211
    edited 20.11.2017
    "We will also attempt to repair broken cat trees on the gourmet farm in preparation for the cat charm madness."

I love this wording, so its a definite maybe that people (like me) who had their working Cat Trees broken nearly 3 weeks ago will have them fixed.... maybe... Classic.
    Post edited by aussie_mark (AU1) on
  • Will the Goldfish event rewards include any points towards the WWC?
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Is the "snow" coming to our farms with this update?
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    going by what was said on twitch, yes, winter is coming this morning

hate the stuff, lag lag lag, and with it being drop city over the next ten days (with wcc drops also a constant), not looking forward to seeing just how bad the lag will be
  • Will the Goldfish event rewards include any points towards the WWC?
    @ethman100 (US1) Not for any one specific category, or it would be on the WWC calendar, but I will check if there are any points in the activity rewards.

Is the "snow" coming to our farms with this update?
    @gavinfarms (US1) My Magic 8 Ball says it could be so!

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 20.11.2017
    In regards to Christmas Preparations (the new name for Santa's WishList):

Please tell me that it has been updated/changed so that someone logging in at the last 5 minutes of the weekly event won't break the entire event by throwing the Co-Op back into Phase 1, negating ALL the work the Co-Op had done all week to get the Weekly Deco (and the Bonus Deco at the end of the event).

Throwing people out of the Co-Op because they haven't logged in due to (reasons) the last day of each week is so counter-productive.

Also, each player should be able to progress from Phase 1, to Phase 2, to Phase 3 outside the confines of the Co-Op.  In the past, we have had players absolutely *livid* that other members of the Co-Op finished off Phase 1 for them (by donating), but by NOT doing so, that 1 player holds up the entire Co-Op from progressing to Phase 3.

Totally on target @Southern (US1)

The points you mentioned made the event unbearable, add to them that the event lasts more than a month and it all becomes the recipe for disaster, enough time to make everyone unhappy and no way to opt out of it

GGS needs to address these points, but yesterday's video already mentioned a number of issues their team should be busy with and that have been  postponed, I guess an existing event is low priority for them

• William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
    edited 20.11.2017
    I was hoping for a plain old fix the broken stuff update. Not one that rolled out another annoying event that I am going to assume is flawed and will break other things. I hold that opinion until the event finishes without a glitch. They can't fix the cats, but can add fish. Also, the edge crop replant has been broken for months.

At least this is happening on a Monday instead of a Friday.
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Will there be developers standing by for when the goldfish events starts at 18.00 CET? I already see it before me.... the goldfishes bring along some bugs and we are standing in the cold. 
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    PCA (GB1) said:

GGS needs to address these points, but yesterday's video already mentioned a number of issues their team should be busy with and that have been  postponed, I guess an existing event is low priority for them

They've had almost two years time to fix these issues....

DD
Sign In to comment.