Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village League Challenges

Comments

• Our Freespirits Co-op was challenged by another Co-op.  They got all of the Bonita first, then we completed all of the other 4 items before they did.  This was done yesterday, but as of today 15:25 PST, 18/11/2017, it still has not given us credit and completed the screens as it has done in the past.  I am the Co-op leader.  All players have the same thing.  I have tried clearing cashes, rebooting my computer, using 
    Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge, Windows 10 and still no change.  Why is this happening?  A screenshot is below.

Also, having some problems getting into the forum.  When I click on the forum button from the main farm game page, it requires that I log in, which I had to do 3 times before I finally got in. 

Thanks and Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 19.11.2017
    So, you're saying you completed the 5th one, too, but not getting credit?  It's showing you still have to finish it.
  • No, my mistake, been a long time since we were challenged.  We all talked and thought maybe we had to finish the Bonita too, so tested it and we were still getting points for our Bonita, even though the other team won the Bonita first.  So we scurried and rallied and got the rest of the Bonita we needed.  I guess we have to finish all 5 items before the other co-op to win, when we finished the Bonita, we won!!  Yeah!!!  I don't think it worked that way last time, but maybe the bugs are fixed now.  Next time we know to finish all 5 items, no matter who finishes them first.
        So, as I understand things now, to win when challenged by another Co-op, finish ALL 5 items before they do! (It doesn't matter if the other team finishes an item before you do, just who gets them all done first.)
        If this is wrong in any way or you have anything to add, please let me know.  Thanks!  Happy Farming!
    Glad you figured it out. Yes, it doesn't matter who wins each individual basket first -- the team who finishes all five baskets first wins.  Congrats on your victory!
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @Craftycritters (US1)  said " I don't think it worked that way last time"
    I'm afraid the bugs are in your brain Crafty  lol.  It has always worked that way, you are just mis-remembering. It's a sign of maturity and experience  :¬D
  • Every time we are challenged in the village, why do we have to produce more than the co-op that challenged us? Seems that as they got to choose the bucket that they should have to produce more. This is unfair and does not seem like it is correct. This should be fixed.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Every time we are challenged in the village, why do we have to produce more than the co-op that challenged us? Seems that as they got to choose the bucket that they should have to produce more. This is unfair and does not seem like it is correct. This should be fixed.
    All things being equal, that's how it normally works.

However, Village Happiness also comes into play; the lower the total Village Happiness of the entire Co-Op, the more items you have to produce in the Village Challenges.  And you can't see what the total Co-Op Village happiness is, it only shows the player's individual village happiness, not the entire Co-Ops.

So it sounds like you have a lot of players with very low village happiness. Or the people that are challenging you have really HIGH village happiness.
  • Vinblad (SKN1)Vinblad (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 17
    we have an eggs challange, and we are counting bach, before it was 140000, and now it is 2500.
     Is this okay
  • This discussion was created from comments split from: In game Events calendar.

Vinblad (SKN1)
    said:
    we have an eggs challange, and we are counting bach, before it was 140000, and now it is 2500.
     Is this okay
    @Vinblad (SKN1) Sorry to hear that you had some problems in your challenge. It is not possible to investigate it now as the challenge has ended & we only just found your post on a thread about the events calendar.

If it happens again, please post screenshots & details on this thread. Thankyou :)
  • After a co-op finishes a Village League Challenge and the window pops up that says they won, there is a section at the bottom that talks about winning a gem, etc.  Anyone know what this section is about?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    They are like a Medal for doing certain things during a Village Challenge. This should help you & your co op with this ;)   http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/village/village_league.htm
  • Thank you, Data King, for replying.  However, this didn't really answer my question.  We know how to do the challenge but after we won a pop up window appears that says we won.  On the bottom half of this screen it shows Challenger at the top and then different things you can do.  One of these is to harvest alfalfa to win a gem.  I can't remember the others.  I just wasn't sure what this was for or how to do it, if even possible.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    You win the gem if you finish that product before the other coop does. So one coop can win the challenge, but the other coop can still have won gems for finishing some products first. And Data King is right, those gems earn you medals.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 13.06.2018
    Thank you, Data King, for replying.  However, this didn't really answer my question.  We know how to do the challenge but after we won a pop up window appears that says we won.  On the bottom half of this screen it shows Challenger at the top and then different things you can do.  One of these is to harvest alfalfa to win a gem.  I can't remember the others.  I just wasn't sure what this was for or how to do it, if even possible.
    It is an acknowledgement that your team, the co op members, have been able to complete a certain challenge with in the Village Challenge on a certain item. As these build up your team will earn more metals at the end of the week. Keep an eye on the reset for the Village League Challenge late Sunday night or early Monday AM.
    Have a look through this link I supplied as above. It can show and explain it for you & your co op.
     http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/village/village_league.htm
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Just to elaborate (since the question is still marked as "unanswered"):

The gem is not something you "Win".  It is simply an indicator that indicates your Co-Op won that particular challenge. 

Winning a particular challenge will grant you medals at the end of the event.

Think of it like a 5-man relay race.  It doesn't matter who wins the first 4 relays, it's whoever crosses the finish line first that wins the overall village challenge.  That means you can lose the first 4 challenges, but if you complete them AND still "complete" the 5th challenge before the other team does, you win the overall challenge (race) and get a certain number of medals for winning the event. 

You just won't get *additional* medals from the first 4 challenges - the other team (Co-Op) gets those (bonus) medals.

• @Player_2 If you click on the achievements tab under the co-op village tournament you can see all the gems for each product. You have to click on each product to see the gem tasks. Some you win for finishing that product first, some for last, some for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, some for being the challenger and some for defending... if you hover over the medal next to the gem it will tell you how many gems (on that specific task) you need to win that many medals. Hopefully this helps answer your question.
  • i can't see the village challenge league sidebar anymore,i just see notifications that we have won or lost a challenge.any advice?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    There are spurious notifications sometimes, challenges that did not involve you, that those above and below you have won or lost.
    If you check the hill in the village you can see what is actually happening and figure out if you have a problem or not.  :¬)
  • i can't see the village challenge league sidebar anymore,i just see notifications that we have won or lost a challenge.any advice?
    @farmer joe (AU1) As john says, you can get those pop-ups when you are not involved in a challenge, to inform you of movements in the ranks above & below your coop, but if you are saying that your sidebar disappears when your coop is in a challenge, that can happen sometimes, just go to your village & click on the league wagon, once that opens your sidebar should re-appear.
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    I hate these stupid co-op challenges seems like the same co-op challenges over and over and its never ever when more then one co-op member is on how is that remotely fair to the challenged co-op it can't defend it self fairly I wish there was some way to decline them as they are a waste of time and resources wish Big Brother would do away with them all together
    I hate these stupid co-op challenges seems like the same co-op challenges over and over and its never ever when more then one co-op member is on how is that remotely fair to the challenged co-op it can't defend it self fairly I wish there was some way to decline them as they are a waste of time and resources wish Big Brother would do away with them all together
    It would be great if we could opt out, but really, it's a simple matter of just ignoring the challenges. That's what we do. Everyone just farms normally ... once in awhile, we actually win just doing that! :)
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 02.07.2018
    And that is why I never even bothered to join a Co-Op, I see many complaints about the Co-Op stuff, and it only makes Me not want to ever join one either, Especially since I have done well on My own in this game, I got certain decorations I wanted thus far and I am taking My time working on My farms and ( Not ) have someone else tell Me when I have to be on or what I have to do, I am My own boss in My game and I like it that way, also there are some Co-Op's that claim that they do not force anyone to do any of the challenges and such, so I ask if that is the case, then why be in a Co-Op then at all? for Me it would be for nothing, but that is how I feel bout it anyway, I am sorry that your having trouble in the challenges, good luck to everyone, :) , I just do not like having the Co-Op take up all My time and no time for My farms, but I will keep trotting along like I have been , I hope you enjoy your game , :)
     also there are some Co-Op's that claim that they do not force anyone to do any of the challenges and such, so I ask if that is the case, then why be in a Co-Op then at all?
    BECAUSE, you get reduced production costs, you get lots of free rewards from the CCs and other events (even if you don't participate), you can grow edge plants and other things for WWC points (again, for free prizes), you have access to various parts of the game that only are for coops, you have a group of people you can ask questions of and chat with, only if you want to.  And you can join in once in awhile just for fun -- but only if you want to. No one tells you how to run your farm or how many decorations you should have. Many, many benefits. 

No, I'm not inviting you to join, we're full up anyway, but you keep telling everyone how you won't be in a coop (we know, we know, we hear you) because there are no benefits, and we're telling you that there are benefits.

• Co ops make the game more interesting.  Besides all the extra rewards for using on the farms you have the members themselves.  Some are chatty, some are rarely heard from, but all share info and tips/tricks for playing the game.  Co ops make the game much more rewarding in many ways, and frankly, if it weren't for my co op I probably would have stopped playing the game long ago.  
     also there are some Co-Op's that claim that they do not force anyone to do any of the challenges and such, so I ask if that is the case, then why be in a Co-Op then at all?
    BECAUSE, you get reduced production costs, you get lots of free rewards from the CCs and other events (even if you don't participate), you can grow edge plants and other things for WWC points (again, for free prizes), you have access to various parts of the game that only are for coops, you have a group of people you can ask questions of and chat with, only if you want to.  And you can join in once in awhile just for fun -- but only if you want to. No one tells you how to run your farm or how many decorations you should have. Many, many benefits. 

No, I'm not inviting you to join, we're full up anyway, but you keep telling everyone how you won't be in a coop (we know, we know, we hear you) because there are no benefits, and we're telling you that there are benefits.

I don't need Decorations I got plenty of those, and you seem to have a problem with Me for reason I know not, but I am glad your full up , I would of probably Declined anyhow, as I am not interested anyway, but thanks for info just the same. take care.
    Co ops make the game more interesting.  Besides all the extra rewards for using on the farms you have the members themselves.  Some are chatty, some are rarely heard from, but all share info and tips/tricks for playing the game.  Co ops make the game much more rewarding in many ways, and frankly, if it weren't for my co op I probably would have stopped playing the game long ago.  

That maybe true for some, but for Me I am glad to play My way, But thanks for the info just the same, Happy Farming to ya, :)

I don't need Decorations I got plenty of those, and you seem to have a problem with Me for reason I know not, but I am glad your full up , I would of probably Declined anyhow, as I am not interested anyway, but thanks for info just the same. take care.
    I don't have a problem with you at all, far from it. But when you ask questions in a Forum, people will answer those questions. You asked "why be in a coop anyway" and some of us answered why. You ask questions, and if you don't like the answers, just ignore. But someone else may have the same questions and may be interested in the answers. If you don't want people to post on your threads, then why ask questions?

You mentioned coops telling you how you should have certain decos, so naturally I mentioned, that, too. I wasn't offering you any or implying that you get more decos for being in a coop.

And when you state facts that are wrong, people will speak up so that others won't be working with erroneous information.

I only mentioned that we were full up because whenever someone mentions their coop in response to your comments, you seem to take it as an invitation. And since you hate invitations, I was making it clear that my comments weren't such -- that's all.

I meant to be helpful. I am so sorry you were offended.

• RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    Why be in a co-op?
     products sell for more money
    production costs are reduced
    wider variety of events
    teammates
    questions answered super fast
    learn new strategies
    massive sparkles
    FRIENDS
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    But wait, there's more...