Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 19th - Cooperative Hard Worker Event! - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I will defend the CoopHW, in a general sense, as a good event.  Does it have bugs?.... yes it does.  Those can be gotten out over time.  But the event, as a concept, is still a good idea.

I can understand that the login issues were severe enough to gamble with a server restart during the event.  That having been said, people did have their planning upended.  It took me, personally, some seaweed to get things going again.  Perhaps there should be a credit of 20 sw humus, 100 sw fertilizer, and 250 sw feed, to make up for this happening to people.

Will there be another restart tomorrow, to fix the rankings?
  • Does anyone else have the issue of the hardworker task remaining on their taskbar even though they have already started it? (I am aware that there are bigger issues with this event but have not seen this question yet).
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 15.11.2017
    Does anyone else have the issue of the hardworker task remaining on their taskbar even though they have already started it? (I am aware that there are bigger issues with this event but have not seen this question yet).

@Bonjovichickie (US1)
    Yes, that's a result of the server restart this afternoon. Just ignore it, it'll go away when the event is over.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @WascallyWabbit
    the CHWE rankings aren't showing either (error msg)  ...  Idk how you say that's not a BGS bug/error.....
    @momrulz (US1) The event was not bugged, it was broken by the server crash, along with some other things in this game & the other games. It also appears to vary from person to person what has broken for them. All we can do for now is wait until tomorrow, when the team can sort it all out.
    I started another thread, seems that should be merged here too.   But chat now, I can't use a text editor and paste into the slow moving chat like I usually do.   Could that be part of this server broken thing?

Again, (I said this to you directly but I bet not everyone caught it.)   I saw the warning at the bottom of the screen about maintenance coming up with a whopping 20 second notice.   
    Now what kind of "server crash" gives a warning first?

Something sure smells fishy, and it's not from my ships either.
  • Again, (I said this to you directly but I bet not everyone caught it.)   I saw the warning at the bottom of the screen about maintenance coming up with a whopping 20 second notice.   
    Now what kind of "server crash" gives a warning first?

Something sure smells fishy, and it's not from my ships either.
    Hey @Artmaker (GB1) There was an issue with all servers on all games. Anyone that stayed logged into the game wouldn't have noticed but players that reloaded the game or tried to login were unable to login. The warning you saw in game was for the downtime to fix that issue. ;)
  • Is it just me who has a bad memory, or has the individual prices changed. I am pretty sure there was a global point reward to be tom 50 before, but I can not find it anymore. 

I would not have tried so hard to hopefully be in top 50, if there were no global point reward, the on gold licens is not worth the extreme effort. 

Generally, the rewards are truly bad in this event, they are not worth the extreme effort they demand.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 15.11.2017
    I took half a day off today, because sometimes ya' just gotta do that!  I left the game yesterday, expecting apples to be my next product needed for the silo, and knowing I wouldn't be back until later today, I thriftily started an apple orchard upgrade with Steve yesterday morning...........boy oh boy......what GOOD does it do anymore to try to PRE PLAN anything!!??   I came back to the farm a little while ago, to a brand new level 8 orchard, yay me!  but a silo that had STARTED OVER WITH CORN!!!!!!........I'm done!!  I hate the silo events anyway, except for fishing and even it's become BORING with the same ol' prizes......I have 4 or 5 trawlers and skipjacks I can't even build!! not to mention tons of crewpeople I win and don't need because I haven't had a motorboat in months!!!!!........ lololololol.......egads........ :s

Just took a look at your fleet.  You can do the same as me and demo a level 1 boat. Build and demo the new boats, finishing with a replacement for the first one demoed. Ties up your build slot for a while but you end up with a pile of cash. You can also use up low level crew people on higher level boats. They're not as effective so it's a good way to adjust your catch without using more expensive resources. Little freezers come in handy when there are just a few more fish in the pool than there is room for them on a boat.

• LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    This is my feedback/observations on the version 2 of Coop HW:

- It appears the harvest #'s used for version 1's top division now apply to 100-149
    - Reducing the # of points for the GML from 8 million to 4.6 million makes it achievable.
    - Restarting the HW silo in the middle of the event disrupts planning.  I was on pace in my division to hit 4.6 million, but having crops reset and no longer being prepared for the next two items in the queue, leads to frustration.  After that occured, I had to throw in the towel and conserve my resources on getting 4.6 million for the GML.  I'll be content with the top 50, 1 GML.
    - Some of the crops still need to be tuned, it takes a lot of Lamb's Lettuce to move the points per second level over.  Same with Alfalfa.
    - There appear to be no FF crops in the 100-149 division, they must only apply at 150+.  In the two rounds, I've yet to see those appear for me.

I think it has promise, but I miss the original HW event.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 15.11.2017
    - Reducing the # of points for the GML from 8 million to 4.6 million makes it achievable...........

In our server only approximately 20 people might manage to reach the GMLs, at the cost of personal and / or coop boosters which are more expensive than the benefit the GMLs  give

In the previous version more than 50 people reached the 1,2 million target, and did so without the added costs of boosters on top of the resources being used like seaweed, special seeds etc

Overall this version of the event is much less appealing to players, it is heavily resource hungry, and lasts too long, the previous 72 hour lenght was already nearly unbearable

Definitely not the type of event the average player would like to play, without forgetting the bugs and total messing up with the final ranking rewards we fully expect to happen again 

• HWE used to be my favorite event by far but altering really spoiled it. 

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I do believe that this is what happens when one tries to add too many new things to a game at the same time (or in an overlapping way).  Everything get all tangled up and in a royal mess. You try to fix one thing and in the process, snag up something else, try to fix that one, and then more things snag up in a tangled mess. Wow, I am glad I am not the one trying to fix things!
    Wascally said something about the team getting together to sort things out tomorrow.  I sure hope there is some major compensation in the works for us all....i.e. like tons of seaweed fert/humus/feed that needs to be replaced, also 25-40 special seeds packages (corn, cabbage, wf, alfalfa) and maybe even some of those special cooperative orchards and dandy duck coops.
    I read they will be sending out "tons" of seaweed and other stuff.   I'm delighted since I don't use ANY on the hard worker events ever.   Big bonus to me.
    Which really isn't fair to the people who spent even more than they will get in compensation.  Especially gold which they are NOT compensating.  Not to mention their time.  

I'll post here what I've already told my coops.  Best way to play the hard worker, plant what he's asking for. If you need what ever that is, then sure, boost it.  If you don't, just plant something so he will move onto the next thing.    Pick up what ever prizes he tosses you and be happy.  

This whole competition thing GG seems to keep leaning towards is a real bad idea.  Driven by greed because GG knows full well there will be a good batch of people who just have to WIN no matter what.  They are banking on that.   However…. when the server goes down or what ever other glitchy thing happens and fouls up the whole competition in mid stream, this backfires on them big time.  People who spent money for nothing, will tend to not spend one more cent ever.   The whole deep see debacle is a good example.

This game use to be about spending to help advance YOUR OWN farm.   I spent at first until I realized there's dozens of ways to accidentally drop gold and you will NOT get it back.  So I stopped.
    Or spend to help advance your coop to open up more research so you can improve YOUR OWN FARM.  
    now it's about challenges, one after another.   Gees, go find a battle game if that's what you like.   This shouldn't be it.   And if GG insists competitions are the way to go, they darn well better make sure the thing is stable, backed up at intervals, tested, and don't add or change anything while it's running.   Period!
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I can't get on to the server. By now my barley has run out even if the conveyor belt hasn't been reset. Despite yesterday's down time & reset I was still doing well. I was on track to finish in the top 50, my co-op was in the top 50, & I expected to have a high enough score to get the 3 gold certificates by the end of the event. Now I can't even log on. If this lasts much longer I will not get the rewards I worked so hard for.
  • game still down, taking forever......
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    PCA (GB1) said:
    - Reducing the # of points for the GML from 8 million to 4.6 million makes it achievable...........

In our server only approximately 20 people might manage to reach the GMLs, at the cost of personal and / or coop boosters which are more expensive than the benefit the GMLs  give

In the previous version more than 50 people reached the 1,2 million target, and did so without the added costs of boosters on top of the resources being used like seaweed, special seeds etc

Overall this version of the event is much less appealing to players, it is heavily resource hungry, and lasts too long, the previous 72 hour lenght was already nearly unbearable

Definitely not the type of event the average player would like to play, without forgetting the bugs and total messing up with the final ranking rewards we fully expect to happen again 

I probably should clarify.  It's achievable, but as @PCA (GB1) indicated it consumes a lot of resources.  Until I order to be on pace for this I used ~200 seaweed humus and ~500 seaweed feed.  It's expensive to participate.

On the other hand, all of 90% my seaweed comes from the Jetty, boxes, or rewards.  I specifically save it for HW.  It's difficult to achieve for sure, but it doesn't feel completely out of reach like the 8 million point mark did.

I believe the reason that is lasts 4 days is, you simply need 1-2 days to build up enough 'bonus points' to even have a shot at the event.  If the event is shortened then the # of points earned must be reduced.  Based on my playing style you need ~15 bonus points + 20% personal booster.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    This is very frustrating, now my silo has been empty for about 15 minutes AND you have changed what is coming next. This is very bad at a time where I need to keep it running since I am so close to the 4.6 million target for the gold mining licenses and I have now had to use seaweed products to keep the silo going since all the products have changed order suddenly.

Also the issue where you cannot view the personal rankings has occurred again. This does not affect me, however, there will be players trying to stay within a certain rank and this will affect them very badly.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    For 6-7 HOURS ago I had set wheat over, as it was my 3rd box.....AFTER the hotfix, I dont have wheat all of sudden at all.....Why did that change?
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    edited 15.11.2017
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'M SPEECHLESS...CHWE WAS RESET AGAIN.. WHY COULDN'T YOU WAIT FOR THE EVENT TO FINISH. NOW IT'S F....ASHDJFLGKF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GIVING US SEAWEED COMPENSATION IS NOT ENOUGH FOR THE TIME WE WASTED DOING THIS EVENT!
    PLEASE JUST BRING BACK THE NORMAL HWE!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    How are you people getting back to the game?  I'm still locked out.
  • had wheat before the "hot" fix...
    have wheat now and my points per second has reset to 0 again...
    was only like 6 or 7
    I still can't get on to US1. Has anybody else been able to get on to this server???

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    I still can't get on to US1. Has anybody else been able to get on to this server???

The way it sounds we may not want to get back in.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Not yet.  Fingers crossed.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 15.11.2017
    No  US is still down ...  over 10 minutes past other servers

Edited: Still down, now 20 minutes past other servers.  Does GGS hate the US1 server?
  • loron (GB1)loron (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    You have used your fix to break my farm and reset my coop hard worker i had 4hrs of eggs running and you have now reset  the funnel to dandilions there fore i want the 10k of gold it cost me on the eggs please return asap thank you. Also I do not understand why you bother doing a maintenance fix to fix a game not broken until you use your fix and mess our farms up this is not right. I think you are doing it on purpose so we will spend more gold trying to fix the damage you do to us.. funny how straight away a gold pop up came up. shame on you GG.  :(:(:(
  • I still can't get on to US1. Has anybody else been able to get on to this server???

I am also unable to get on to US1..... 
    Thank you for letting me know that at least it is not just me!
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83

Don't hold your breath....unless blue is your favorite color...;)

This is debacle after debacle...:s

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    yeah i can't get in either.
  • US1 response to log i request
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I am not sure you want to get on again......the HWE reset again

Sign In to comment.