Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

18082»

Comments

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 13.11.2017
    Clam, oysters, and shrimp appears to be the bottleneck. Here are some suggestions:

• A way to increase the number of pools permanently over time, depending on such things as game level, fishing level, dock level and perhaps library boosts
    • Have access to boosters that increase the number of pools for a limited time
    • Be able to bias pools in the immediate future to a certain type of fish by use of a special item
    • Find a better use for chum; currently I do not think they are being used in the way they were intended as they do not give value. Perhaps chum could attract MORE fish than are initially in the pool, just as bait does.
    • Allow the Amphibian farm machine to boost DSF as well as regular fish
    • Have bait, be allowed to fish in ponds,use Oleg for clam, oysters and shrimp (no other DSF fish)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • momrulz (US1)momrulz (US1) Posts: 162
    edited 13.11.2017
    i think @Rusty Farmer (AU1) was not attempting to enlighten you, merely giving suggestions to our beloved "developers"----on fair changes that could be implemented.......they are all decent suggestions ;)
    I think the permanent ones (Increase number of pools)  and the Amphibian machine have little chance.
    But the game designers seems to love new boosters (which will cost a fortune)....so item 2 & 3 on the list seem to have the best hope.....
    I like the way you think, Rusty Farmer :)
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 13.11.2017
    Clam, oysters, and shrimp appears to be the bottleneck. Here are some suggestions:

• A way to increase the number of pools permanently over time, depending on such things as game level, fishing level, dock level and perhaps library boosts
    • Have access to boosters that increase the number of pools for a limited time
    • Be able to bias pools in the immediate future to a certain type of fish by use of a special item
    • Find a better use for chum; currently I do not think they are being used in the way they were intended as they do not give value. Perhaps chum could attract MORE fish than are initially in the pool, just as bait does.
    • Allow the Amphibian farm machine to boost DSF as well as regular fish
    • Have bait, be allowed to fish in ponds,use Oleg for clam, oysters and shrimp (no other DSF fish)

All terrific suggestions, thanks for sharing them  @Rusty Farmer (AU1)

The simplest way the DEVs (who obviously don't care about the forum) have to make this right is to modify the market orders and add various orders that don't require crustaceans

Moreover, orders which require a mix of crustaceans and other fish have to be re-balanced, lower numbers for crustaceans and higher for other fish types, to make the market requests directly proportional to the actual amounts of the various fish we can catch in the pools

At the moment, it's just the opposite, the fish types that are more abundant in the pools  are less in demand at the fish market and keep accumulating in our inventory

• DSF is just not working out well.  I have days with multiple pools of tuna/herring  or Lobster.  Which i would not mind having IF there were Market Orders for them.   

Majority of market orders are for shellfish, and there is never enough in the pools to fill those orders.   That being said leveling the Market Orders is not even a possibility at this point.   

Chum:  This is another area that is in need of some tweaking.   15-19 hours is excessive wait time for a batch of chum to be produced.    

yes  very disappointing  there is just so much drag in the game  every order asking for substantial amounts of the shell fish  once a blue moon get an order without.  Just getting more and more disgusted with this game it has lost its flavor of delish and is more like a pot of oatmeal.  Wishing this was a fun game it isn't what it use to be that is for sure. 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    It would seem that GGS view the contracts as the icing on the cake. Some of our fish can be sold on contracts for a premium but most of it will have to be sold direct from inventory. It is still quite profitable but we would all like to have a plateful of icing.  lol
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    @WascallyWabbit
    Where are the fixes for the Fish market that we were promised back in September? Here is post...
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/162367/update-sept-28th-here-kitty-kitty-africa-to-the-deep-blue-sea#latest    just scroll up to where it says Deep Sea Fishing

We have waited long enough with no fix yet. The Fish market is just not working for us. The contracts all ask for the fish that we can't get and there is no profit at all in selling fish direct. Please fix the market.

GGS keeps adding all these other new features that ask us for more and more farm cash but we have no way to make enough money.  I would like to expand my FF but I can't because like I said, all the new expansions and upgrades cost more and more money.

BTW, dose anyone have the cost list for the FF expansions?
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 14.11.2017
    I think I can hang on fish contract a bit. Now I have 6 buffers on 1 item contract & start working on 2 and 3 item variants. Got several tough luck due to how pool generation will be. I didn't take declining option unless forced to, because it still asking for shellfish product regardless of my choice.

Currently I've upgraded my Farm Lab at level 13 & have Mermaid Bay at max level. Perhaps I can make trade off with fish contract.

Note: Despite many impossible things I see, as long as I can make it worthwile, I can make it possible to do.
  • @WascallyWabbit
    Where are the fixes for the Fish market that we were promised back in September? 
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) The update (Sept 27th) when part of the fishing changes were added, was also the update that added the cats & since that time, cats, dogs & broken CHWE have taken up most of the team's time, which is why the changes to the fish market contracts have taken longer than anticipated, but they are not forgotten :)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you WascallyWabbit for getting back to me on this matter. I am so glad to hear that they have not forgotten. It has been so long and I was worried that it had been.
  • It would seem that GGS view the contracts as the icing on the cake. Some of our fish can be sold on contracts for a premium but most of it will have to be sold direct from inventory. It is still quite profitable but we would all like to have a plateful of icing.  lol
    That is contrary to the line given when those contracts came out. The contracts are suppose to be the best way to make money Deep Sea Fishing. I thought the official word was that you could make 25 million a day through the contracts. It must take a lot of declining orders and clearing pools. Declining a contract doesn't seem very inviting since at best I get 1 out of 10 without shellfish. Clearing pools takes a concentrated effort and investment. By not operating that way I am lucky to finish 2 or 3 contracts a week, which is what my organic market seems to be like. 
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    This one should turn the table. Lol

edited 16.11.2017

Nice contract!!  Do you have the salmon to fill it? 
    To the Powers that Be: I need more clam/oyster/shrimp pools.  If I could get 3 per day, I might, just might be able to fill one contract.  I am not making hardly any money, even with direct sales.  I make more $ selling stuff on the main/gourmet/flower farms.  So much for the assertion that I could make at least 6 million per day on fishing....for me this is simply not true.  So I say again....More Clams, More Oysters, More Shrimp Please!  :p:p:p
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    What a goodie !

You lucky .....!
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    I guess I need someone to explain fair and balance to me cause after listening to Denis and the other chap on the live broad cast explain that they are not going reduce the cost of equipment for deep sea fishing because they believe it is fair and balanced already???  How is reducing the amount of profit one can earn by 90%, reducing the frequency, and amount in the pools containing shrimp, clams and oysters ( which all the contracts I have seen want large amounts of) while leaving the price of equipment the same fair in any world other then GGS????????????????????
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Nice contract!!  Do you have the salmon to fill it? 
    To the Powers that Be: I need more clam/oyster/shrimp pools.  If I could get 3 per day, I might, just might be able to fill one contract.  I am not making hardly any money, even with direct sales.  I make more $ selling stuff on the main/gourmet/flower farms.  So much for the assertion that I could make at least 6 million per day on fishing....for me this is simply not true.  So I say again....More Clams, More Oysters, More Shrimp Please!  :p:p:p
    If you're not making a huge profit with 14 Level 6 Trawlers @FarmerCli (US1), then you must be doing something very wrong, such as equipping boats with freezers or something. 

A Level 6 Trawler can almost always make a profit, unless you're using it to go get the last 10 fish out of a pool.

For instance, a Level 6 Trawler will make anywhere from $80k to $400k profit per trip with ANY fish at Direct Sale Prices (even Shrimp, Clams & Oysters) (again, unless you're out fishing up the last 10 fish in a pool, at which point you can break even, or you might even take a small <$5k loss depending on how many fish there are.)  It's ALL in how you equip the Trawlers.

CrazyBigFarm put together a great "How to Fish for Profit" guide (including a video) on her site, you can find it here: http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/dockyard.htm#8

I would definitely recommend watching that (if you haven't already) and follow her advice on how to outfit each trawler for each fishing hole.

I STILL make a minimum of $25 Million a day in Deep Sea Fishing (between filling the few contracts I can and selling excess fish at Direct Sales Prices) following the same method that she advocates.

edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 19.11.2017
    Another problem with clam, oyster and lobster shortage is that I am now no longer making the specialized chum required from them to generate mystery boxes from the farm lab.

BTW, I watched most of CrazyBigFarm's video. A couple of pointers.

1) She is using too many Brigittes for the smaller distance pools. Only about 3 or 4 are effective, the rest are a waste. I think perhaps she didn't realize that the return trip is also cut by the same amount so it is double. When you first open a pool, check the travel time. Each Brigitte takes 54 minutes (2x27) off the travel time. You could also use up speedsters in stock that are for other boats, keeping in mind that their effective time is halved but its a good way to get rid of ones you have won or are left over and there's say another 15 minutes of travel to be shaved off.

2) Her first example was a boat for 197 fish. I would not use the big freezer for this as they are expensive. Just use a small cooler which normally adds 3 but halves it as it is not for the correct boat; however it also rounds it up so it increases storage by 2 which is enough.
    Post edited by Rusty Farmer (AU1) on
Sign In to comment.