Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 1st - Worldwide Championship 2nd Run - Discussion

Comments

• @WascallyWabbit

I'm referring to the WWC round 2 announcement that said Happy Hour will be back to help us earn more points. I'm wondering how it is helping? Nothing I see has shorter production cycles or increased horse points, for examples. Not 1 extra point has dropped due to Happy Hour.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I need a little bit of light shed on this subject because I am a bit confused.  I thought this was a World Wide Challenge? That is was various countries competing against other countries?

The very first 2 entries on the total OA are not even countries.  These are makeshift game sites.  This throws the statistics of the scores off dramatically. If you have a makeshift game site's server with only a few hundred players or even a few thousand players the average would be much higher compared to a server with a few hundred thousand. 
    The servers seem to be so far out of balance I am not sure if it is possible to come to any fair way of calculating the rankings fairly.   
  • As of late  nothing seems to be what is should be @Shay1968 (US1)  I push myself to play at all anymore.  This once was a fun game that I enjoyed spending time and money  but  this stopped about six months ago and gets worse as each month passes  will the good ole days ever be seen again.  I hope but have my doubts. 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    @WascallyWabbit

Thanks for the posting about the HW.  It is not enough information, but it is a start!
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Whether it is Co-op HWE or not, since it's regular ones, it means 'new' ones.
  • Eowyn12 (HU1)Eowyn12 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 168
    We don't get coins in HU1 server. Its Saturday morning....
  • @WascallyWabbit

I'm referring to the WWC round 2 announcement that said Happy Hour will be back to help us earn more points. I'm wondering how it is helping? Nothing I see has shorter production cycles or increased horse points, for examples. Not 1 extra point has dropped due to Happy Hour.
    @William Robert (US1) Ahh I see what you mean, there is no direct booster for specific points, like the way that the special trainer would directly boost horse points from training, but there are still boosts that help. For example, event points from the temp farms are gained from collecting runestones, so any of the temporary farm boosters that increase production or give more cash, do help get more runes, so are indirectly helping with the WWC, the same with a greenhouse booster, where you get farm points. - We could put in a suggestion for them to make some boosters which directly boost specific points. :)
    I need a little bit of light shed on this subject because I am a bit confused.  I thought this was a World Wide Challenge? That is was various countries competing against other countries?

The very first 2 entries on the total OA are not even countries.  These are makeshift game sites.  This throws the statistics of the scores off dramatically. If you have a makeshift game site's server with only a few hundred players or even a few thousand players the average would be much higher compared to a server with a few hundred thousand. 
    The servers seem to be so far out of balance I am not sure if it is possible to come to any fair way of calculating the rankings fairly.   
    @Shay1968 (US1)  On the whole, different servers do represent different countries, but there is a lot of overlap. Not just from people having multiple farms on different servers, but some countries, such as Canada, being split between the US & FR servers & of course all countries being represented on the INT & partner site servers. I don`t think that the partner servers are any less valid, they are small, but not the smallest.

The last WWC did appear to favor the large servers & the changes with this one have certainly helped bring the smaller ones back into contention, but I do agree with you, that it may not be possible to have a system which is totally fair, as the differences in numbers are so vast, maybe 2 brackets, large & small servers, would be the way to go. We will see next week if the changes from the vote, help the larger ones to catch up & they can always try a different system next time, if this one proves to be inadequate. :)

@WascallyWabbit
    Thanks for the posting about the HW.  It is not enough information, but it is a start!
    @gavinfarms (US1) Yeah sorry we couldn`t get more out of them, we did ask all day, as did the mods from other forums, so it wasn`t for lack of trying. Personally I hope it is the coop one, as we have not seen the new regular one yet & I would rather not see it 1st run in the middle of a weekend, but we have our Kevlar suits ready just in case lol :smiley:
  • Absolutely HATE the new coop one  but  that is OK  cause I will then be able to ignore it. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023

:o 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    I am scratching my head here trying to figure this CHWE out.  Someone correct me if I am wrong or if I am missing something here.

The event lasts 4 days.
    35,000,000 points are needed for the top prize.
    There are 345,600 seconds in 4 days.
    35,000,000/345,600= 101.27
    101.27 points per second would be needed from the time the event starts until it ends to get to the top prize. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It's a complicated space time continuum -- time expands with the help of an alchemist and his pots of gold.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    The key to this event is hitting 10 pps on as many items as you can - you then carry that 1 pps bonus through the remainder of the event.  I like this bonus, but hate this event now with the addition of the new products.
    It's a complicated space time continuum -- time expands with the help of an alchemist and his pots of gold.
    Thank you very much artful!   I knew I had to be missing something. I just need to go find the alchemist.  :D
    edited 12.11.2017
    Okay, I see many reward's points past 30th has been lowered, but still not enough, sorry  :/. BTW, I prefer this new HWE not to co-op mode.

Edited to add: I see no WWC Farming points in individual hard work reward.
    edited 02.02.2023

B) 
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I am scratching my head here trying to figure this CHWE out.  Someone correct me if I am wrong or if I am missing something here.

The event lasts 4 days.
    101.27 points per second would be needed from the time the event starts until it ends to get to the top prize. 
    I agree.....For those amouts, it should be coop awards - like in the CC.... There is no way someone can get there only by *fairness* - and that is what GGS wants?
  • Would it be better or worse if the activity rewards were based on the coop score & given to all members (like the CC)?

We could put that in as a suggestion, if you think it would be better, but the collection amounts would probably go up.
  • laluna (NL1)laluna (NL1) NL1 Posts: 6

The event lasts 4 days.
    I agree.....For those amouts, it should be coop awards - like in the CC.... There is no way someone can get there only by *fairness* - and that is what GGS wants?
    i agree, you can never get so many points on your own, they askes more more in the game. if  it's stays this way i think i don't play the hard work event any more.
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    This is for a lot of people not to get, why not on 1.2 million points 1 certificate  and 2 on 4.6 million . Then you stimulate players, not this way.

• Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    Would it be better or worse if the activity rewards were based on the coop score & given to all members (like the CC)?

We could put that in as a suggestion, if you think it would be better, but the collection amounts would probably go up.

I bet the "number guy" will loooove the idea , so please please dont pass it to him,the event is already ruined as it is

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    All I can say is that used to be one of our favorite events.  We're passing it by this time.  I started it to get the gift, but haven't even looked at the conveyor belt since.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Would it be better or worse if the activity rewards were based on the coop score & given to all members (like the CC)?

yes definitely better @WascallyWabbit

This was suggested already, by me but also others I presume, during the previous C-HWE

The points needed to reach the various prizes would be more realistic,  and the event would be more fair, considering that some people dislike the HWE and play it only to participate with their coop mates 

edited 02.02.2023
     o:) 
    The reason why wheat & lamb's lettuce have less time producer than the normal seeds itself because they already have short time special seeds and adequate handbooks to deal with.
  • When I log in to my game or the forum it is automatically set to the German server. I'm not sure if this is because I live so close to the timeline zone change or if it happens to everyone?
  • @William Robert (US1) Ahh I see what you mean, there is no direct booster for specific points, like the way that the special trainer would directly boost horse points from training, but there are still boosts that help. For example, event points from the temp farms are gained from collecting runestones, so any of the temporary farm boosters that increase production or give more cash, do help get more runes, so are indirectly helping with the WWC, the same with a greenhouse booster, where you get farm points. - We could put in a suggestion for them to make some boosters which directly boost specific poin"Shay1968 (US1)"

@Shay1968 (US1)  On the whole, different servers do represent different countries, but there is a lot of overlap. Not just from people having multiple farms on different servers, but some countries, such as Canada, being split between the US & FR servers & of course all countries being represented on the INT & partner site servers. I don`t think that the partner servers are any less valid, they are small, but not the smallest.

The last WWC did appear to favor the large servers & the changes with this one have certainly helped bring the smaller ones back into contention, but I do agree with you, that it may not be possible to have a system which is totally fair, as the differences in numbers are so vast, maybe 2 brackets, large & small servers, would be the way to go. We will see next week if the changes from the vote, help the larger ones to catch up & they can always try a different system next time, if this one proves to be inadequate. :)
    So that was misleading information, the happy hour doesn't help me directly or indirectly since I have plenty of cash waiting around for the 4th permanent that will hopefully be launched in the first half of next yer. (I'm not holding any great expectation it will be.)

As for balancing the servers ranking, why not use the average of the top 1000 scores from each of the level brackets. This would take only active scores and only include those getting a reward for ranking. Those most likely putting in similar efforts. You could remove the lowest level bracket to even out "account ages."

• When I log in to my game or the forum it is automatically set to the German server. I'm not sure if this is because I live so close to the timeline zone change or if it happens to everyone?
    Hey @mkathrynadkins (US1) Germany is set as the default country on the forum. When logging into the forum you will need to change the country to United States & make sure the world changes to United States 1. That will put you on the EN forum. :)

• Such a lag in the game after on for one hour. It's been going on for days and always worse as you start the Co-Op Champs and the final day I could not keep the game from chugging to be able to manage any missions...plus I'm not even collecting the WWC coins despite playing a regular 8 hours in the day. It's been stuck at 952 for days now!? And what's with this Happy Hour? I can never get the final level even though I check in regular. Morning, midday and after supper. Stupid clock system doesn't jive with my schedule. Not playing a game 24/7 to receive perks. Glad I only did one cat on Flower farm...what a joke.
  • William Robert (US1) said:
    As for balancing the servers ranking, why not use the average of the top 1000 scores from each of the level brackets. This would take only active scores and only include those getting a reward for ranking. Those most likely putting in similar efforts. You could remove the lowest level bracket to even out "account ages."
    @William Robert (US1)  Unfortunately that would not work, as some servers do not have that many players, but following last weeks vote, it is now going to be changed to the average of active players who score more than 5000 points a week, so we will see on Wednesday how much that affects the server rankings.

Such a lag in the game after on for one hour. It's been going on for days and always worse as you start the Co-Op Champs and the final day I could not keep the game from chugging to be able to manage any missions...plus I'm not even collecting the WWC coins despite playing a regular 8 hours in the day. It's been stuck at 952 for days now!? And what's with this Happy Hour? I can never get the final level even though I check in regular. Morning, midday and after supper. Stupid clock system doesn't jive with my schedule. Not playing a game 24/7 to receive perks. Glad I only did one cat on Flower farm...what a joke.
    @Betty Birken (US1) I will check with the team as to why the CC would be causing you so much more lag. Have you tried using the separate flash player, as several players say it is much faster for them. 

The WWC coins are being credited every Wednesday,, so you should have got your coins for the 1st week last Wednesday, if you didn`t, please contact support. As for the HH, there is not much help I can offer if it is just a case of the HH sessions not fitting with your schedule, but if you are logged in during a session & the booster has not activated, you should relog, to make sure that it has seen you. It is not supposed to be necessary to relog & it has got much better at recognising when players are logged in, but even though mine worked correctly all week (for the 1st time ever) it didn`t see me for the last session on Friday & I had to relog to get that one, so it does still happen.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473

I wasnt thinking of mine as a suggestion, but as things should be "fair", then I really cant see the CHWE as COOP event. For me, if it should be a COOP event, then it should be like the CC - true we do have a COOP rank, but what good is that, if that is the only thing that shows as it is a COOP event? For me, it is a regular HWE - just with a riduculus amount of points for the top prizes. I never get around just 1.2 points in the regular HWE, so how should I make 5.4 points, or whatever it is? And it shoulf be all "fair"?
Sign In to comment.